Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
Counterpoint: I wound up giving DannoMack a prime Al Simmons for literally no reason

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kw0134
Apr 19, 2003

I buy feet pics🍆

Yes and it was very funny

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

I don't think people consider your actual trades unfair, danno. I think people bristle at your initial offers, which are usually hysterical and bordering on criminal. The finish line is fine, it's just the journey that got you your reputation as a swindling hornswaggler.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
If you put those trades in chronological rather than reverse-chronological order, it would become clear that you were able to subsidize the more recent trades, such as the DD Wagner trade with me, through the set of hilarious ripoffs that came before. That said, as someone whose very first trade in the SL was Al Kaline + Chick Hafey for Barry Bonds, I'm not going to be a giant hypocrite and call it villainous to start your SL career with winning trades. Though I will say that you've made me some offers that I'm fairly certain you would scoff at if someone made them to you, so I have to second Pander's impression a bit. Which is definitely a thing that I have never and would never do. :v:

Anyway, I like you (and everyone else!) and I'm glad you're in the league (just like everyone else!!!) and I appreciate that you're willing to part with value to fill needs and aren't just trying to Win Every Trade. So keep bein' you, Danno, you evil son of a bitch.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I love everyone in the leagues even though you're all inevitably going to be eaten by wild dogs.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
The only kind of person that types out that much analysis about how not-villainous they are are villains.

Methinks the Canadian doth protest too much.

(I love you all and I look forward to giving you all the opportunity to be evil by destroying my hapless, terrible team)

Forzelt
Jul 23, 2012

Variance? Fuck that noise.

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

The only kind of person that types out that much analysis about how not-villainous they are are villains.

I read the first analysis and then decided the same thing. Of course, that might just be a rationalization to avoid reading...

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
Please stop commute-shaming me

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

This is it... If the Winners win this last game, they will tie the Scientists, and tie the head-to-head series as well. The ultimate tie.

I have doomed us all for another year.
The Process works. The end.
One day, GGN will hire a good GGM.
drat bad tea. And cold.

Well, that happened.

Sergio Romo may have brought you glory, but beware, for he bears the curse of the Somali Pirates upon him.

Why did this happen? Why did ChampRamp not set the sliders to have Candy Cummings throw complete games? Why did he instead set them so that Javier Lopez would come into the game? We may never know.

I can't even believe how bad that bullpen was, and how it killed your season. Wait, never mind, I can imagine it easily.

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
:toot:

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
I'm woopin :woop:

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

DannoMack posted:

Please stop commute-shaming me

You walked into it, really. To add on, the way you really want us to know that all those people you traded with were veterans (14 times!) - like veterans can't be ripped off, I'm living proof of that, given that I very much count as a veteran now according to the numbers you're giving me - doesn't make it look any less like you're justifying something you know you're bullshitting us on. Also, there's some questionable statements in that block of text. Tris Speaker is not a loving platoon bat. Even if he's old. No. He is not a loving platoon bat. You can repeat that as much as you want and it still won't be true. I would run that Speaker in center field until he loving dies, and I have Cool Papa Bell, an actually solid center fielder.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

36 year old Speaker has been used 11 times and 6 of those times he was platooned. Also I can't believe the dude who writes in-character anime screeds is shaming me for effortposting!

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead
If anything that list prove I am more evil for taking advantage of gauntlet Dannomack and getting that pick that turned into Eddie Collins...

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

also, this is a relatively small thing, but it's not like I wanted to throw in my Eck and Torre in that bonds trade

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

:siren: CRISIS :siren:

Here is the list of teams in Sub-Par League VI.

DH Preference, or in DH league
Akabira Killer Mikes
Aperture Scientists
Centralia School of Mines
Colma Skeletons
Columbus Natural 20s
Commonwealth Flying Dukaki
Genoa Janus
The Goog Day
Mexico City Mexicutioners
Modern Bourgeois
Da Pope's Chosen
St. Maarten Storm
Wasteland Vault Boys
yankeefans.gif

No-DH Preference, or in No-DH league
Alethkar Shardblades
UCKA Wapnott
Florida Oranges
Hill City Dinos
Rochester Generics
Upstate Highlanders

So, figure that out amongst yourselves.

Ice To Meet You fucked around with this message at 04:08 on Nov 18, 2015

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

DannoMack posted:

36 year old Speaker has been used 11 times and 6 of those times he was platooned. Also I can't believe the dude who writes in-character anime screeds is shaming me for effortposting!

Yes. That means 50% of the time he was not platooned, and it worked just loving fine (the Coldplayers season doesn't count, everybody was terrible on that team apart from Aramis Ramirez). Learn from that. Don't platoon him, you idiot. You don't even have Mornacale's justification of him batting around the Mendoza line, he was doing just fine.

And I'm not shaming you for effortposting, I'm shaming you for effortposting in an attempt to justify your behavior to us. When I make crazy in-character posts, I'm doing jack poo poo of actual worth, I'm just being an idiot in a fantasy fantasy baseball league because it amuses me. You're actually trying to achieve something with it, which is the real damning thing. Your reputation as the thieving Canadian got to you that much that you made a big-rear end post breaking down every single trade and how it wasn't actually bad. I mean, evidently, you're not running out of people to trade with, so it's hardly having a major impact on your team (not to mention your team is currently in the Super-League finals after sweeping the Sheikhs, it's not like it's in need of massive improvement you can only get through trades).

Just embrace it! People have been calling you the Canadian Marauder, how rad is that? Own that poo poo!

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Ice To Meet You posted:

Akabira Killer Mikes
Aperture Scientists
Colma Skeletons
Columbus Natural 20s
UCKA Wapnott
Genoa Janus
The Goog Day
Modern Bourgeois
Da Pope's Chosen
St. Maarten Storm
Wasteland Vault Boys
yankeefans.gif

Alethkar Shardblades
Florida Oranges
Hill City Dinos
Rochester Generics
Upstate Highlanders

DH really isn't that great, people, for god's sake, the other team has to bat their pitcher too!

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

oldskool posted:

DH really isn't that great, people, for god's sake, the other team has to bat their pitcher too!

And no-DH makes your pitchers less poo poo!

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

If I were to switch to the no-DH league my Addie Joss and Nap Rucker would likely break every hitting record: http://super-league.tk/viewteam.php?team=MEX&season=17

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

rabidsquid posted:

If I were to switch to the no-DH league my Addie Joss and Nap Rucker would likely break every hitting record: http://super-league.tk/viewteam.php?team=MEX&season=17

idk if over a full season they'd be able to match Carruthers .434 /.500 /.547 from Subpar 2

also to move back to the no DH league I'd need to get Carruthers back, so Hulkamatt, what do you want for him?

CraigK
Nov 4, 2008

by exmarx
1) Apparently Rube Waddell is "Good", but I have "Seven Starters" and "No Centerfielder". I wish to solve this. He's 1909 vintage, so 32.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
The last team I had, I wanted the DH league but volunteered to move to the no-DH league anyways, and I sucked.

Now, I sucked for MANY MANY MANY reasons, most of which had nothing to do with my lack of a DH, but still. Not making that mistake again.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Reminder: When you stay in the DH league, you're pretty much guaranteed to be running into this, this, or this. There will also very probably be more EC teams in the no-DH league, meaning your chances of not dying are a bit better!

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

TheMcD posted:

Yes. That means 50% of the time he was not platooned, and it worked just loving fine (the Coldplayers season doesn't count, everybody was terrible on that team apart from Aramis Ramirez). Learn from that. Don't platoon him, you idiot. You don't even have Mornacale's justification of him batting around the Mendoza line, he was doing just fine.

And I'm not shaming you for effortposting, I'm shaming you for effortposting in an attempt to justify your behavior to us. When I make crazy in-character posts, I'm doing jack poo poo of actual worth, I'm just being an idiot in a fantasy fantasy baseball league because it amuses me. You're actually trying to achieve something with it, which is the real damning thing. Your reputation as the thieving Canadian got to you that much that you made a big-rear end post breaking down every single trade and how it wasn't actually bad. I mean, evidently, you're not running out of people to trade with, so it's hardly having a major impact on your team (not to mention your team is currently in the Super-League finals after sweeping the Sheikhs, it's not like it's in need of massive improvement you can only get through trades).

Just embrace it! People have been calling you the Canadian Marauder, how rad is that? Own that poo poo!

Well it means that he's platooned more than he's not, and I platooned him, so I'd say he's a platoon bat. I mean, he's a platoon bat if you intend to play any meaningful games late in the season. And if 'guy who rips people off and then vehemently explains why it was fine and don't worry about it we're still buds' isn't my character then I don't know what is. Try reading it again in Donald Trump's voice, maybe?

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
Is the offer to rescind the trade still open, Danno? :(

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

gently caress it, glorious communism will move to the no DH league.

However, I'm still looking to trade for glorious comrade Bob Carruthers and possibly Martín Dihigo

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

I would trade you Bob but pitching is my #1 need.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

Ice To Meet You posted:

Gonna wishcast a bit about prospective SpL divisions. Obviously no one is required to go with this but I think it would make for some pretty exciting matchups.

Punjabi Prison
Akabira Killer Mikes
Aperture Scientists
Genoa Janus
yankeefans.gif

Kennel From Hell
Wasteland Vault Boys
UCKA Wapnott
Modern Bourgeois
Colma Skeletons

Monster's Ball
Upstate Highlanders
Alethkar Shardblades
The Goog Day
St. Maarten Storm
Rochester Generics

Feast or Fired
Hill City Dinos
Florida Oranges
Columbus Natural 20s
Da Pope's Chosen

First, we maintain the rivalries from last season's SpL: the Mikes/Scientists/Janus have another go in the Prison, the Vault Boys and Mexicutioners stay in the Kennel, and the Highlanders and Shardblades battle for the Monster's Ball. The Monster's Ball is shaken up, though, by the departing Despair and incoming Commie Llamas; now instead of two no-dinger teams and one all dingers team, you have the reverse. Meanwhile, the Feast or Fired centers on the Dinos (returning to their division from two seasons ago) vs the Oranges to see who (if either) can return to the SL.

The question of splitting up the EC is harder. Given the general acknowledgement of the DH league being the class of the SpL this season, I very much would like to see the best EC teams in the no-DH. This both theoretically balances the leagues a bit, but also gives the teams with more potential a little more room to flourish. And, pleasantly, none of the Goog Day (who need to bench Meusel anyway), Pope's Chosen (who were featuring Keith Hernandez in the EC), or Natural 20s (who definitely can't start both Ken Williams and Jimmy Sheckard) really need a DH. The Storm would need to do something with the Cupid Childs/Nap Lajoie pair at 2B, but that's not so bad as a cost of getting away from the Prison or Kennel. So we keep the Goog Day and Storm (and the Generics, who actually chose no-DH) together, and then the 20s and Chosen go in the other division.

That leaves one more no-DH spot, which I filled basically by looking through the other teams for the one that needs the DH least. Yankeesfans, Colma, & Centralia had at least credible DHs in the EC, and kensei has a rotation of modern (and thus worst-hitting) SPs. The Dukaki don't really have any reason to want a DH, and maybe between having the first pick and one fewer hole to fill they'd be able to make some noise.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
Also Llama is a yellow-bellied coward and should definitely be compelled to remain a DH team and battle the Mexicutioners for dinger supremacy.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

I don't think "keeping all the established teams in the DH league" is a good plan to fix the balance issues we had this season.

Anyway, I will give people a chance to choose, I don't want to force anyone to move, but knowing you guys I'll probably end up having to.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

Mornacale posted:

Also Llama is a yellow-bellied coward and should definitely be compelled to remain a DH team and battle the Mexicutioners for dinger supremacy.

like I said in irc, I"m the motherfuckin dinger king and I ain't gotta prove poo poo to nobody,

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I have no opinion, I'll play wherever

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

TheFlyingLlama posted:

like I said in irc, I"m the motherfuckin dinger king and I ain't gotta prove poo poo to nobody,

The Mexicutioners are better at dingering than the Zombie Llamas ever were. :getin:

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

Mornacale posted:

The Mexicutioners are better at dingering than the Zombie Llamas ever were. :getin:

which is why none of their players came close to my records

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

DannoMack posted:

Well it means that he's platooned more than he's not, and I platooned him, so I'd say he's a platoon bat. I mean, he's a platoon bat if you intend to play any meaningful games late in the season. And if 'guy who rips people off and then vehemently explains why it was fine and don't worry about it we're still buds' isn't my character then I don't know what is. Try reading it again in Donald Trump's voice, maybe?

:argh: I shake my fist at your character!

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Ice To Meet You posted:

Akabira Killer Mikes
Aperture Scientists
Colma Skeletons
Columbus Natural 20s
Genoa Janus
The Goog Day
Modern Bourgeois
Da Pope's Chosen
St. Maarten Storm
Wasteland Vault Boys
yankeefans.gif

Alethkar Shardblades
UCKA Wapnott
Florida Oranges
Hill City Dinos
Rochester Generics
Upstate Highlanders

DH on Tuesday, Thursdays, Saturdays, NO DH on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and just don't have games on Sundays.

Solutions!

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

With the final round of the Gauntlet completed, I'm able to do the draft lottery. All the underlying details can be found here

But here's the order of the "my trading my 4th rounder in exchange for someone else doing the Pick 'Em was an AMAZING trade" draft:

Akabira Killer Mikes
Da Pope's Chosen
Rochester Generics
Florida Oranges
Columbus Natural 20s
Colma Skeletons
The Goog Day
Aperture Scientists
Genoa Janus
Hope's Peak Despair
Centralia Fires
The Gay Agenda
Kobe Crows
Jersey City Jobbers
Communist Llamas
Hill City Dinos
Royal Canadian Mounted Police
South Bolton Easy Ws
Glatonbury Knights
South Dakota Marmosets
Krakow Dragons
Maltese Modernists
Khartoum Doom
Yankeesfans.gif
River City Ransom
Upstate Highlanders
Achewood Stoned Lightning
Alethkar Shardblades
Slaughterhouse Nine
Rockford Losers
Wasteland Vault Boys
Porthcawl Rakers
Houston Hol Horses
Sindhi Sheikhs
Chicago Southpaws
Minnesota Commission
Oklahoma City Bombers
Detroit Wolverines
St. Maarten Storm
Modern Bourgeois
Mitchell Kernels
Kozmic Space Fish

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Hooray for not being dead last.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Also, I don't quite remember the details, but if either TheMcD or Johnfw50 want to post that 3-way trade involving Roger Clemens, Kevin Brown, John Candelaria, Ross Barnes, and a 4th round pick, I'm down.