Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunk in Space
Dec 1, 2009
wifey has probably thawed out and been eaten by radroaches by now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Imaginary Friend
Jan 27, 2010

Your Best Friend
Aiming at settlers in building mode highlights their assigned stuff if they have any.. why not just a tooltip saying what they're assigned to, bethesda >_<

It's like everything has the base systems setup but somehow they missed the whole UI-part.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

So I've heard you can get more items for your town, like better food or even like hydroponic trays or something? Is this true or just a rumour? If so how?

Drunk in Space
Dec 1, 2009
There are magazines (called Picket Fences) you can find that add extra stuff. Certain quests unlock things as well.

Drunk in Space fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Nov 18, 2015

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Doctor Schnabel posted:

still better than suburban shitshacks starring my missing son's crib and the toys he'll never play with ever again :colbert:
I sealed all conceivable and non-conceivable entrances to that house because it is a shrine to a normal life of wasteful consumption and unfathomable arrogance but somehow they still keep getting in there.

Drunk in Space posted:

wifey has probably thawed out and been eaten by radroaches by now
I'm the wife

Drunk in Space
Dec 1, 2009
I'm sorry to hear that.

vandalism
Aug 4, 2003
I was really hoping for armor that covered more than what combat armor covers, like is shown in loading screens. Is that stuff seriously not available to the player? Sucks.

I am trying to switch up weapon loadouts now at level 29. Just got the gauss gun and it's pretty sweet. All the guns are fun to play with, and I'm glad that you don't need to invest in either lasers or ballistic guns. Wish there was more armor variety, though.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010
Also am I the only person running 9 Cha/10 Int? Because this is outright broken.

I'm set at permanent 19% HP, thanks to my rads pushing me down that far. That means I'm at permanent Nerd Rage, which boosts my damage by 40% at all times. I also have Bloody Mess ( 15% ), Lone Wanderer ( 25% ), and Black Widow ( 15% to the majority gender type in the game ). I've also got Heavy Gunner ( 100% ), but really, whatever weapon type you like can go in there.

Between Toughness/Nerd Rage/Lone Wanderer perma procced up, plus being always in Power Armor thanks to Nuclear Physicist, I take between 1-2 damage per hit, if I do get hit. I can go afk in combat and come back, and I'll still be around 15% health. Nothing can kill me, or hell, even do damage to me, which makes my perma 19% health to keep Nerd Rage up basically a nonissue. And since I'm doing 195% increased damage to everything around me, nothing can survive any of my attacks.

Which would be silly enough, except for Wasteland Whisperer. I'm now of the level I can use it on Deathclaws I meet in the world, and well. You can whisper multiple creatures. They don't despawn/run off, they only stop following you when they die. So I have a pack of about 3-4ish Deathclaws that just follow me everywhere, and will MURDER EVERYTHING that attempts to get near me. From testing, they actually get all the benefits of Inspirational ( like Dogmeat ), while also not taking away Lone Wanderer ( like Dogmeat ).

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Pakled posted:

wait for them to slowly walk over to the farm, and only then I can assign them as many crops as they can care for.

nah you don't have to do that, they automatically grab up to 6 food worth of plants.

Black Griffon
Mar 12, 2005

Now, in the quantum moment before the closure, when all become one. One moment left. One point of space and time.

I know who you are. You are destiny.

And unassigned settlers automatically become farmers, just to be clear, although it occasionally bugs out.

Farming is piss easy son.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Black Griffon posted:

Farming is piss easy son.

Excuse me its actually hard, honest work :colbert:

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*
I fought the Raider camp at Hyde Park with my squishy character and died twice to mines that tripped by my own grenades :what:

But the successful assault was loving sweet, I took out my Model 29, the most powerful handgun in the world, and shot one raider for each chamber of my gun, square in the chest like a loving nerdy, redheaded lady Harry Callahan.

And that loving treasure at Jamaica Hills or whatever, what?? I went through all that poo poo and all I got was my first hit of jet escaping the psychotic protectrons!

eSporks
Jun 10, 2011

I think there is some hidden modifier to damage or my game is hosed or something. I'm still running into ammo issues, and standard mobs are taking about 20 rounds of .556 to die. I've got rifleman and bloody mess maxed for my level.
I was watching my roommate play and he was killing gunners with 1 headshot from a sniper rifle. It takes me about 5.

I really don't know wtf is going on, but it is kinda ruining my enjoyment of the game.

EDIT: He just one shot a legendary with melee, and he doesn't even have big leagues. Is the console version easier or something?

eSporks fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Nov 18, 2015

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Noyemi K posted:

And that loving treasure at Jamaica Hills or whatever, what?? I went through all that poo poo and all I got was my first hit of jet escaping the psychotic protectrons!

I'm still real mad that room didn't contain a deathclaw

Apple Craft
Mar 8, 2012
Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray :cry: Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray Gaile Gray

Rookersh posted:

Also am I the only person running 9 Cha/10 Int? Because this is outright broken.

I would like to know your exact build, for research purposes. Please post your perks and S.P.E.C.I.A.L.s.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

For some reason my monitor's resolution isn't supported by this games borderless option. Never had that problem with any game before, even Bethesda ones. :shrug:

I had this problem as well. You can force it to a specific resolution using the .ini in my documents. Just be careful about going into the launcher options after doing so, because that'll reset your changes.

vandalism posted:

I was really hoping for armor that covered more than what combat armor covers, like is shown in loading screens. Is that stuff seriously not available to the player? Sucks.

It is. Some pieces of armor will have higher defense than basic stuff, and will look visually different. There are 3 stages of defense/visuals.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

It would be nice if the Supply Lines map on your pipboy also showed the firing range of your artillery. Like, just shade in a circle around each settlement with a gun or something.

Also highlighting unassigned Settlers when you're in workshop mode would be good too.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Internet Kraken posted:

So is the reason the Brotherhood lowered their recruitment standards beacuse they wanted a bunch of disposable grunts to send to their death against super mutants? Cause that's what it feels like when I see a squad of scribes armed with pistols boldly charging into a heavily fortified super mutant camp.

For some reason my monitor's resolution isn't supported by this games borderless option. Never had that problem with any game before, even Bethesda ones. :shrug:
You can edit the .ini file to start you in your native resolution in borderless windowed

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

https://youtu.be/0BatLz36dak

This guy transforms Red Rocket into a huge... THING.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Does the Cha+something limit on settlers you can attract count for all settlements, or is it a per-settlement limit?

Edit: vvv I can't parse what you said. If it's per settlement (meaning you can have Cha+something numbers of settlers in each settlement), what does your second line mean?

MisterBibs fucked around with this message at 05:22 on Nov 18, 2015

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

per settlement

there are more settlements than you can have charisma

e: also I think it's just charisma+10, but I'm still pretty sure there are more settlements than that

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

MisterBibs posted:

Does the Cha+something limit on settlers you can attract count for all settlements, or is it a per-settlememt limit?

per settlement

every settlement you want to grow needs a radio beacon tower thing

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib
I just went to the The Institue I was at Sanctuary Hills when I built the teleporter . I went to the Railroad after that and they are saying to either ally with Minutemen or Them, but not both. Is there benefits to one side over another? Is the Brotherhood of Steel evil as gently caress in this game, or do they just come off that way?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

So I got a quest at some point to clear out ghouls from Fen Street Sewers or something. I didn't expect it to expire, but apparently it did. I can't be sure, but I think it was a quest from Deb in Bunker Hill (she did want me to kill ghouls). Now she doesn't do anything but talk about sales and I can't ask her about quests or the like, so I can't be sure if I've just burned a bridge forever or what. Are there other ways to ally myself with Bunker Hill? I assume that's possible since a tooltip mentioned it when I tried to use the workbench.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

MisterBibs posted:

Does the Cha+something limit on settlers you can attract count for all settlements, or is it a per-settlement limit?

Edit: vvv I can't parse what you said. If it's per settlement (meaning you can have Cha+something numbers of settlers in each settlement), what does your second line mean?

it means that it's impossible for your total settlers across all settlements to be the charisma+10 limit because there are more settlements than you would have possible settlers that way

or if not impossible, it would at least not make any sense

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Hey, so uh, anyone else think it was kinda odd you couldn't craft weapons like you could in Skyrim?

Well I just modded it so that now you can. http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1224

incidentally, adding new content, new recipes? Bitch and a loving half.

also if you download and endorse my mods I'd be super grateful since it means more nerds give me money and that's always a nice feeling.

The Iron Rose fucked around with this message at 05:44 on Nov 18, 2015

George Sex - REAL
Dec 1, 2005

Bisssssssexual
Would it be possible to create a mod that takes an existing character (say from a played-through game) and make it able to start a new game with said character, similar to a "new game plus?" That is to allow a play through of a new campaign with the inventory and levels of an old character.

The reason I ask is that this seemingly obvious feature was never implemented by anyone for Skyrim.

BAILOUT MCQUACK!
Nov 14, 2005

Marco! Yeaaah...
I was just offered a brahmin to purchase. I assume its to go to one of my settlements, but what benefit would it, or any brahmin, have on my settlement? I noticed a feed trough in the workshop menu, so I would also like to know what that does.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The Iron Rose posted:

Hey, so uh, anyone else think it was kinda odd you couldn't craft weapons like you could in Skyrim?

Well I just modded it so that now you can. http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/1224

incidentally, adding new content, new recipes? Bitch and a loving half.

also if you download and endorse my mods I'd be super grateful since it means more nerds give me money and that's always a nice feeling.

Niiiiice. Your mods are rad as gently caress.

(Question: would it be possible with the current state of Fallout 4 modding to change what upgrade slots an item has? I'd love a mod to add the Lining upgrade slot to more outfits so that more outfits can use ballistic weave, but I don't know if I should hold out hope for it soon or just wait for the creation kit.)

Captn Kurp
Oct 21, 2013

:bravo2:

eSporks posted:

I think there is some hidden modifier to damage or my game is hosed or something. I'm still running into ammo issues, and standard mobs are taking about 20 rounds of .556 to die. I've got rifleman and bloody mess maxed for my level.
I was watching my roommate play and he was killing gunners with 1 headshot from a sniper rifle. It takes me about 5.

I really don't know wtf is going on, but it is kinda ruining my enjoyment of the game.

EDIT: He just one shot a legendary with melee, and he doesn't even have big leagues. Is the console version easier or something?

I was having the same problem, I was playing on hard and it was quite boring putting 25-50 rounds into someone to kill them, I turned it down to normal and the game is a bit more enjoyable now. If that's not the case, are you modding your weapons? It seems mobs don't level with you, so maybe you're in a more difficult area than he is?

7c Nickel
Apr 27, 2008
The Grognak game is surprisingly good.

Anyone who says Bethesda are lazy is absolutely insane.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

bethesda are lazy

about certain things

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

eSporks posted:

There is in fact a hidden modifier to damage... on survival, where you do half damage and enemies receive more damage.

I'm pretty sure there's also a damage multiplier for the other difficulties but I don't know for sure and it's not an alterable GMST in any event.

he could also be playing on very easy or something, but I recommend setting your game to survival for the enhanced AI and healing/resistance changes, and using my mod to rebalance the damage:

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/222/

Harrow posted:

Niiiiice. Your mods are rad as gently caress.

(Question: would it be possible with the current state of Fallout 4 modding to change what upgrade slots an item has? I'd love a mod to add the Lining upgrade slot to more outfits so that more outfits can use ballistic weave, but I don't know if I should hold out hope for it soon or just wait for the creation kit.)

Thanks! Seriously the crafting mod took me waaaaaaaaaaaay too much time.

also it miiiiiiiiight be possible but I honestly have no idea. I'll check it out though!

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The Iron Rose posted:

Thanks! Seriously the crafting mod took me waaaaaaaaaaaay too much time.

also it miiiiiiiiight be possible but I honestly have no idea. I'll check it out though!

Thank you! I've been trying to figure it out for a few days now but I really don't even know where to start, so I'll just trust your judgment. My main goal is just to be able to wear things like the Colonial Duster and still have DR (which, interestingly, the game lets you do with some outfits and not others). I can't identify any pattern as to why some outfits have the lining upgrade slot and others don't, but hey, if there's a way to add it to some, that's perfect.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
After growing annoyed at how useless my +25% damage .308 Combat Sniper Rifle was, I decided to change it. Actually useless may not be the right word, it was more situational. It easily cleared out Libertalia and the outside of one of the vaults with nothing but sneak attack crits. But for the most part it was a 20lb scoped hunk of metal. So I made it automatic and gave it a short barrel and a muzzle break.

I now have a not-AK:

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Maybe its just me but even the most desolate places can have these moments where they look oddly beautiful. It might just be because this is the first time I've seen the sun after spending all night in this sickly green hell.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
Anyone have a problem with the silver shroud quest where it says to listen to the radio station but nothing happens? I listen to the radio station and it just keeps playing the radio show, it's the first mission where you kill the guy and put the card on his body.

FutonForensic
Nov 11, 2012

Fireworks shack

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

Anyone have a problem with the silver shroud quest where it says to listen to the radio station but nothing happens? I listen to the radio station and it just keeps playing the radio show, it's the first mission where you kill the guy and put the card on his body.

Be sure that you're listening from inside Goodneighbor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.

Vargs posted:

Be sure that you're listening from inside Goodneighbor.

I am but I figured that was a given.

• Locked thread