Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TaurusOxford
Feb 10, 2009

Dad of the Year 2021

mabels big day posted:

I'm not saying it isn't worth complaining about but I don't think it should be unexpected and it shouldn't be a reason to not play the game. ORAS is a remake of 3rd gen, and 3rd gen didn't have customization, so it's not in.

3rd gen also didn't have 700+ Pokémon and Mega Evolutions. Furthermore, ORAS literally takes place in an alternate universe from where the events of Ruby/Sapphire were.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Manatee Cannon posted:

is solid snake at least still around

I liked him more as a "why the gently caress are you even here" character

no, but smash 4 is the best in the series even without him

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
It's okay, because Solid Snake will be returning in December, and he will bring his coworker Simon Belmont

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Raserys posted:

It's okay, because Solid Snake will be returning in December, and he will bring his coworker Simon Belmont

This is probably a lie but I hope it's true.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

This is probably a lie but I hope it's true.

its true

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
If we're talking about features we miss, Gen 5's dynamic EXP gain and Audinos on every route was a real cool design choice. I can see why they went with the Super EXP Share in Gen 6 since the kids who are actually supposed to be playing Pokemon don't actually beat the games and all, but still.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Manatee Cannon posted:

No, but we did get Ryu from Street Fighter and probably two or three other surprises before it's all over.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Manatee Cannon posted:

No, because Konami hates making money right now.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Kurieg posted:

No, because Konami hates making money right now.

I thought pachinko machines made bank :confused:

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

seems like putting snake into a thing like smash bros would be literally free money since nintendo would probably have to pay for the license to use him and then create the ingame model and poo poo themselves

how much would konami even have to do?

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

Diet Poison posted:

To be fair, I'll wait for gen 7 before I get angry about it. But I will be annoyed if it's gone in gen 7. It really made the social aspect of the game way more fun since you weren't always battling the same boy or girl online. And sometimes I'd dress up to match my team. Gen 7 doesn't need to have the sheer amount of clothing xy did, but if they get rid of race that's hosed up. (I don't see it happening.) Hair was nice, too. And as always, every week I sacrifice a goat in the hopes we'll be able to go hatless.

I just want to be Black in a video game. Splatoon got it on the first try but it took Pokemon 6 game to finally do it. I'll be dammed if they take it way. I'm hoping Animal Crossing add skin tone options one day because its stupid that I have to tan for 8 hour in the summer or on Tortimer Island to get dark skin.

Yorkshire Tea posted:

he didn't look like some sort of weird monster (I'm looking at you Fallout).
That how I felt when I looked at the Dark Skin models in Pokemon Battle Revolution. None of them looked good at all.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

I tend to make my characters in games as different from me as possible

pokemon has made that very easy

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

seems like putting snake into a thing like smash bros would be literally free money since nintendo would probably have to pay for the license to use him and then create the ingame model and poo poo themselves

how much would konami even have to do?

Kojima was the guy who really fought to get Snake in Smash Bros. Because he thought it was hilarious. Konami is basically in "Do anything to spite Kojima even if it actively hurts our bottom line" mode, and has been for the past year.

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Kurieg posted:

Kojima was the guy who really fought to get Snake in Smash Bros. Because he thought it was hilarious. Konami is basically in "Do anything to spite Kojima even if it actively hurts our bottom line" mode, and has been for the past year.

Why? Or is that a whole other can of worms that shouldn't be opened in this thread?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.
I'm pretty sure Kojima actually wanted Snake to be in Melee, but his request came in too late, so he made sure to get the memo to Sakurai sooner during Brawl's development.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Why? Or is that a whole other can of worms that shouldn't be opened in this thread?

I'm not really sure why beyond conjecture, but they cancelled silent hills despite the fact that Norman Reedus and Del Toro were both really into it and that the fan base was basically salivating for it after the demo. And they were doing really petty poo poo like removing Kojima's name from mgs5s promotional material.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Basically, with regards to Konami, they want to get into mobile gaming and they're torching any part of their gaming division that doesn't comply. Yes, even Kojima. Konami execs also hate that they basically give Kojima blank checks to make one game every few years for modest return when they could fund cheap apps that make huge returns instead.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

kojima takes a lot of money to make a game

yeah, he makes it back, but a lovely mobile game would be faster, cheaper, and more profitable so here we are

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Capitalism is a vampire.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Countblanc posted:

Capitalism is a vampire.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

rest in peace shademan.exe

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

corn in the bible posted:

rest in peace shademan.exe

two dead franchises go great together

majormonotone
Jan 25, 2013

Jarogue posted:

I just want to be Black in a video game. Splatoon got it on the first try but it took Pokemon 6 game to finally do it. I'll be dammed if they take it way. I'm hoping Animal Crossing add skin tone options one day because its stupid that I have to tan for 8 hour in the summer or on Tortimer Island to get dark skin.

You can choose your skin color in Happy Home Designer, hopefully they keep it that way for the next "real" Animal Crossing game

Jarogue
Nov 3, 2012

majormonotone posted:

You can choose your skin color in Happy Home Designer, hopefully they keep it that way for the next "real" Animal Crossing game

It felt like they did that because you couldn't get a tan anywhere because in amiibo Festival 2/8 of the human players have dark skin but their head shot doesn't saw it, so It felt like a afterthought.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I am also a big fan of trainer customization and have been wanting it for years.

I like being able to dress up to match my Pokemon team or to match the environment. I'll put on a coat in an icy region or switch to swimwear at the beach. It's fun and it makes my character feel like MY character.

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf
I'm legitimately ashamed of this battle and no one should watch the entire thing, but what the gently caress Showdown

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/randombattle-294671905

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Zwingley posted:

I'm legitimately ashamed of this battle and no one should watch the entire thing, but what the gently caress Showdown

After all of that you solo'd his team with Kyurem. How ... disgusting

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

Hair Elf
I'll take it as an apology for ten years of bugged Arena Trap spam

e: vvv

ChaosArgate posted:

Ok, how the gently caress did you pull a win out of that and what the hell was up with that Dugtrio vs Rotom match.

Literally out of my rear end, and I wish I knew, because I'm sorry you sat through it.

Zwingley fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Nov 18, 2015

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Zwingley posted:

Ok, how the gently caress did you pull a win out of that and what the hell was up with that Dugtrio vs Rotom match.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

ChaosArgate posted:

it didn't affect the opposing Rotom-Frost

e: it being arena trap i guess

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

Hair Elf

oddium posted:

it didn't affect the opposing Rotom-Frost

e: it being arena trap i guess

Arena Trap also didn't affect the Chandelure, because of reasons.

e: oh wait, I didn't know it doesn't work on Ghost types. Christ I didn't deserve this win

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

Arena Trap doesn't work on Ghost type pokemon, or anything that would otherwise be immune to ground type moves.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I like dress up because it let's me dress my cute Barbie up in cute Barbie clothes :colbert:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
i like picking clothes because the default outfits suck

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
My favorite part of picking clothes in X/Y was that I could embark on the most pointless quest ever: to dress like an Ultra Ball, thus matching the ball I most often use to catch my best Pokemon.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

should've dressed as a quick ball

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!
Gen 7 should have clothing mega evolutions so during a battle you can just like grow a hype dress and swag out with your Mega Gardevoir.

I am Reverend
Sep 21, 2008

Pheromosa's Special Attack rose!
Unrelated but there should be a mega milank where her udders are a gatling gun.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
Yo when's Mega Whimsicott?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Yo when's Mega Whimsicott?

her name is Lenora