Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

hail

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Silver Nitrate
Oct 17, 2005

WHAT

BLM protest in Minneapolis has shut down I-94, a major interstate between Minneapolis and St. Paul for over three hours now.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Where's this from?

unrelated:

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Silver Nitrate posted:

BLM protest in Minneapolis has shut down I-94, a major interstate between Minneapolis and St. Paul for over three hours now.

Had to take side streets home tonight but idgaf because it's worth it.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

:agreed:

Canada's PM is ready to accept 25,000 Syrian refugees by the end of the year.

"Khaled Ghazawi sells coffee for other Syrian refugees while waiting to find out if Canada or some other country will consider him, his wife and six children for resettlement."

Rude Dude With Tude
Apr 19, 2007

Your President approves this text.

France embraces the British traumatic event coping strategy of getting wrecked.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
Christie: No Syrian refugees, not even 'orphans under age 5'

Honj Steak
May 31, 2013

Hi there.

Jay Rust posted:

Canada's PM is ready to accept 25,000 Syrian refugees by the end of the year.

"Khaled Ghazawi sells coffee for other Syrian refugees while waiting to find out if Canada or some other country will consider him, his wife and six children for resettlement."

Although certainly a well-intended gesture, 25,000 is not that much. At some points this year this number was reached in less than two days in Europe. Still much better than Cameron though who praises himself because of taking in a few thousand.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

Reposting this because seeing it appear on social media so soon after Paris is fairly tasteless. Also why is NZ yellow.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEzhxP-pdos

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

Bedshaped posted:

Reposting this because seeing it appear on social media so soon after Paris is fairly tasteless. Also why is NZ yellow.

Probably because the original wasn't in English.

jeebus bob
Nov 4, 2004

Festina lente

Bedshaped posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEzhxP-pdos

LOL @ Alaska

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010
Googling tells me that the creator is Mexican. Funny that his own country is yellow, and that even Iran is blue. And if Alaska is yellow, the northernmost part of Canada should probably be as well.

A new one from Yanko Tsvetkov:

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Kopijeger posted:

Googling tells me that the creator is Mexican. Funny that his own country is yellow, and that even Iran is blue. And if Alaska is yellow, the northernmost part of Canada should probably be as well.

A new one from Yanko Tsvetkov:

That's.... surprisingly accurate.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Too Sweet me Obama Hoot.

bagual
Oct 29, 2010

inconspicuous

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Why is the American wearing a star of david?

Also loving the confrontational traditionally-dressed Arab woman contrasted against the pleasant Western(ized?) woman with her blond-haired daughter.

This is a fantastic picture on multiple levels, but it's missing a few things from the Brave Israeli American's side:

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

International game is canceled

A friendly between Germany and Netherlands in Hannover got canceled over a terror threat.

Also I have a new fetish apparently.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Thanks for that, that will come in handy.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

Kegluneq
Feb 18, 2011

Mr President, the physical reality of Prime Minister Corbyn is beyond your range of apprehension. If you'll just put on these PINKOVISION glasses...

mobby_6kl posted:

Also I have a new fetish apparently.

You're welcome :roboluv:

Edit: 'Britain's most preposterous woman' was identified as male at birth, so I'm sure notorious homophobe and general rear end in a top hat Jan Moir will have lots of fun with that.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Kegluneq posted:

You're welcome :roboluv:

Edit: 'Britain's most preposterous woman' was identified as male at birth, so I'm sure notorious homophobe and general rear end in a top hat Jan Moir will have lots of fun with that.
gently caress the Mail, but I admire their moxie in asking that question when there's a more preposterous woman on the same front page.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
What's preposterous about being a member of a SWAT team/SRT? Someone's gotta do the heavy lifting when there are people blowing themselves up all over the place.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...s-a6738826.html

Mandy Thompson
Dec 26, 2014

by zen death robot

As bad as I feel for the victims in Paris, I feel worse for our Muslim brothers and sisters who will be affected by the November attacks for even longer than the rest of us. We stereotype Islam as being full of barbarians and savages but we have our very own vindictive assholes in our own backyard.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Volcott posted:

What's preposterous about being a member of a SWAT team/SRT? Someone's gotta do the heavy lifting when there are people blowing themselves up all over the place.
Generally I'm uneasy with the idea of members of the public open carrying assault weapons and wearing paramilitary costumes in urban areas.
If the threat is legitimately that great, call the armed forces and admit that it's come to that, don't sneak in domestic ops through a semantic back door.

The police are supposed to work within the community and execute warrants by a judge or magistrate as members of the public, the army are supposed to occupy and secure areas and neutralize threats, and a blurring of the lines between the two has generally set a dangerous precedent elsewhere, with the police being regarded more as occupiers than folks you can talk to.
Whether that's more or less dangerous a precedent than domestic troop operations is debatable, but it does at least maintain the separation and avoids the warrior cop mindset.

Then again police-as-public has generally been far more blurred in parts of the UK outside the British mainland :cryingmrtayto: but I'm not sure that's the best path for the mainland to follow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

quote:

Oliver Willis ‏@owillis 28s28 seconds ago
this cop is Kojaque, as named by @JimMeehan6

• Locked thread