Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Third World Reggin posted:

Message me as Grithok when you get in the game or bug me on mumble. I can invite you that way via friends list. That is if reapplying fails again.

I'll do that. I'm pretty sure it said 1700 hours or so until I could re-apply.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.
If there's one thing I've learned so far, it's that most people are bad with everything in this game right now.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Fleet battles start in 2 hours and 10 minutes from now and end in 4 hours and 10 minutes

There is a weekly event where if you win 2 fleet battles you can get 360 merit.

The lowest fleet battle is 7-10 people, tiers 2-4, except DDs and SSs are tiers 2-3

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
Sounds fun and exciting. Is ther a guide to getting on Mumble for this for the antisocial who can't figure out what the "CTS" server means?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I Greyhound posted:

Sounds fun and exciting. Is ther a guide to getting on Mumble for this for the antisocial who can't figure out what the "CTS" server means?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3714380

Artless Meat
Apr 7, 2008

I'll try to be on. Are we just using the WOWS channel in CTS for this?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

We can, most of us idle in the largest misc channel atm

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Danann posted:

Applied as Kampkraft

I really like that even low tier battleships can hit something and not hope that RNGesus is there to save them that day.

I might have "accidentally" cleared the applications. If you didn't get, once more unto the breach good friend :shobon:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Fleet battles start in about 22 minutes.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Stanley Pain posted:

I might have "accidentally" cleared the applications. If you didn't get, once more unto the breach good friend :shobon:

It's ok on my end, I'm in the fleet.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

The dark judge fleet has a good set up and killed us over and over again.

Also, if you are a try hard, do fleet battles. Otherwise you may want to stay out unless other bad boat players play.

You just have to win twice, GOOD LUCK!

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

FOR AIUR

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
It's not even that difficult of a tactic to master.

DDs scout at max range, BBs clown on whatever gets spotted, smoke the scouters, rinse, repeat.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

No surprise that a smurf team easily rolls a bunch of new players.

That Jerk Steve
Oct 18, 2011

Kenby
Apr 26, 2012

Confirming in-game app (Kenby).

If anyone was wondering about how gold recharging bonuses work, you can only claim one bonus per recharge it looks like (you don't get all the lower bonuses, just the first one beneath the amount you spent).

Also, if you buy the per-match VIP it claims it will pause your time-based VIP, but mine kept counting down anyways. Not sure if you actually get both at the same time though.

[edit] Oh, it only pauses it when a boat is in battle. Nvm, I have no idea what makes it tick down.

Kenby fucked around with this message at 23:08 on Nov 18, 2015

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Just as a friendly reminder if you nailed a sub with one torpedo and your sub has full health ramming them will kill them.

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
I guess fleet battles will only be a thing for me on weekends. Bit late (or early) for me during the weekend.

That Jerk Steve
Oct 18, 2011

Feindfeuer posted:

I guess fleet battles will only be a thing for me on weekends. Bit late (or early) for me during the weekend.

It's not like you missed out on much

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

XENA I LOVE YOU posted:

Just as a friendly reminder if you nailed a sub with one torpedo and your sub has full health ramming them will kill them.

Basically always be ramming subs whenever the opportunity presents itself. Your speed barely seems to matter, even just a glancing love-tap from a CL may instantly kill them.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Perestroika posted:

Basically always be ramming subs whenever the opportunity presents itself. Your speed barely seems to matter, even just a glancing love-tap from a CL may instantly kill them.

I've found that the American tier 3 sub's hull is perfect for this because a side scrape will hit a sub two or three times for 100ish damage per hit. It's really the only thing that's fun in the drat thing.

Jaroslav
Dec 31, 2007

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
Remember how i said that i was only gonna play subs? Forget that, destroyers are so much more fun and satisfying.

Carry teams everyday :smugdog:

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

So as it turns out all the tier 4 subs are fun. The Cachalot is kind of poo poo without the turbine upgrade, but after that it turns into a pretty good flanker. And the two rear end tubes makes it fantastic in anti-sub and clowning on bad destroyers.

dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

I've been having an absolute blast with KM cruiser line, especially T5. The only thing is that they're so fragile. I'd recommend them as they're very fun once you get the hang of them.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

I got an aircraft carrier last night.

They're so weird.

Wish the planes went faster though.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Last night was a riot re: Fleet Battles. I hope it crushed some Goons' hopes and dreams and made them realize that they (we) are the pubbies.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

It was you guys that were bads. I did perfectly fine.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

:crossarms:

Are you... are you sure about that, game?

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Kylra posted:

I got an aircraft carrier last night.

They're so weird.

Wish the planes went faster though.

I've tried playing a carrier a little bit and I'm terrible at it.

The slow planes are annoying, but the lack of vision on anything but scout planes is the worst.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

I took out all my scouts and just use fighters for scouting. The upside is I can also use them for shooting down other planes.

Scout planes also have mediocre vision.

Protip though: Look for battleship gun flashes and send your bombers around an open flank there with a wing of fighters in front. Or just a bunch of bombers.

Kylra fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Nov 18, 2015

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Just beheld the most beautiful sight I wish I had thought to take a screenshot but my eyes just lit up and all thoughts but shooting left my brain. There were about 5-6 battleships all sitting in a giant clump not moving, shooting fish in a barrel doesnt even describe it.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Game owns. Can't wait to get to the Deutschland.
Get the investment plan.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

get shelby out of your ship he is a pilot

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Third World Reggin posted:

get shelby out of your ship he is a pilot

I usually drive CV. :hehe:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

There is a nice squad option that you can do so you can have presets for ships and two button click to set them up. All ships should have their own layout too.

But it does take awhile to get enough officers for you to do this.

DurosKlav
Jun 13, 2003

Enter your name pilot!

Is there a penalty for using guys in the wrong ship? I apparenly have 2 Heavy Cruiser guys in my Battleship.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Not at all. Just if they say "surface ship only" or "in cruisers" or "dive bombers" they won't do anything if you don't match that.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

DurosKlav posted:

Is there a penalty for using guys in the wrong ship? I apparenly have 2 Heavy Cruiser guys in my Battleship.

No penalty but you potentially lose out on a gently caress ton of bonuses if you're not creating squads for each ship type.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Please don't put Donitz and Raeder together in the same ship tia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

We got room for 3 more goons unless we get more donations

• Locked thread