Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis
http://imgur.com/Jr8g90L

Andertoons

Inspector Danger

Deep Dark Fears

You're not supposed to clean your ears like that :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
He said he met him and got that autograph, so he lied to a police officer. Throw him in jail.

Odonata
Nov 5, 2009
Nap Ghost

RandomFerret posted:

Lost Side of Suburbia

How could this happen?? What have you done with Phoebe, you monster!?

Too bad we're only seeing this now, it would have blown some minds when it was first published two years ago. I think the thread had, like, just discovered Heavenly Nostrils at that point.

That's most likely not Marigold. The design for Heavenly Nostrils is pretty much the same as what's-her-name in The Last Unicorn.

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Wanamingo posted:

But it feels so good.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

There are jokes to be made here involving the Hi & Lois bookstore, Lisa's Story, or :fireman: but I can't for the life of me think of them.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Odonata posted:

That's most likely not Marigold. The design for Heavenly Nostrils is pretty much the same as what's-her-name in The Last Unicorn.

Both strips were online-only at the time, and they were being published on the same platform. I'd bet money on this.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Outland

RIpley's

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Zanzibar Ham posted:

I'm guessing this is supposed to be a very bad drawing of a computer mouse there, but I'd rather imagine this guy really hates SA.

He shouldn't. We're Boyce's biggest fans.

Wanamingo posted:

Deep Dark Fears

ikanreed posted:

But it feels so good.

Never put anything in your ear that's smaller than your elbow. :colbert:

Luann

The Amazing Spider-Man

I hope Dr. Liz is actually an evil person bent on killing herself a fishkid.

...I get how they'd help out with swimming and stuff, but can he actually fly with those little tiny cute baby flappy booty wings?

Sally Forth

Me too, Ted. :downs::hf::downs:

The Heart of Juliet Jones

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Julet Esqu posted:

...I get how they'd help out with swimming and stuff, but can he actually fly with those little tiny cute baby flappy booty wings?

Namor isn't just an Atlantean but also a mutant, and being able to fly with his cute little ankle wings is his mutant power.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

greatn posted:

He said he met him and got that autograph, so he lied to a police officer. Throw him in jail.
He later confessed to Schulz' murder.

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (November 16, 1950)

Barnaby (April 23, 1942)

Nancy (January 1, 1943)

Krazy Kat (February 24, 1929)

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Moomin

Classic Dilbert

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

dordreff posted:

Namor isn't just an Atlantean but also a mutant, and being able to fly with his cute little ankle wings is his mutant power.

Marvel wiki posted:

Flight: Namor also possesses vestigial "wings" on both of his ankles, by which he seems to fly at the speed of escape velocity when exerting himself fully. His flight speed at "normal" levels is enough to enable Namor to fly faster than military aircraft. Since the "wings" by themselves could never carry Namor, it has been speculated that he uses the wings for steering and flies in some other manner, perhaps by telekinesis. Namor's ability to lift weights when flying is sufficient to enable him carry a fifty ton anchor with one hand without a discernible loss of speed/momentum.

Like Superman wearing his shorts on the outside, it's one of those things that made sense in the 1940s and has stuck around so long it's got the force of tradition behind it.

Oh, and: "The humans kidnapped my prop child? Guess I'll go do my speech at the UN anyway."

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

The third strip is Moominpapa at his best. I love that guy.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man
Why would you tell Namor her name? :stare:

Oh well, I guess he isn't going to go after her at all. By next week he'll have forgotten the kid ever existed.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
I've decided to go ahead and add Gil to the weekly posting schedule. It's been running as a Sunday only strip for the last year and a half, which means that there is a decent sized backlog that can be posted. Here is the first of the Sunday only strips.

Gil - 05/11/14

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

That's the spirit, Marie. Stomp on that poor man's dreams!

9 Chickweed Lane

Pibgorn

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Selachian posted:

Like Superman wearing his shorts on the outside, it's one of those things that made sense in the 1940s and has stuck around so long it's got the force of tradition behind it.

Oh, and: "The humans kidnapped my prop child? Guess I'll go do my speech at the UN anyway."
They're a reference to the winged sandals of Mercury, god of trade (which in the 40s was done by ocean) and travel, messenger (I'm here to say stop loving up the ocean), and intermediary between the under and above world (seriously stop loving up the ocean), and all-round arrogant casanova (married to the goddess of love).

This is also why his name is Roman backwards.

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

Selachian posted:

Superman's underwear being on the outside makes just as much sense now as it ever did. They break up the bland solid blue look and make it harder to tell when he's sporting a super-boner.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Maxwell Lord posted:

The third strip is Moominpapa at his best. I love that guy.

Yeah Moominpappa is the best.

Also, here's yesterday's Fingerpori.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

By guest author Pertti Jarla

Odonata
Nov 5, 2009
Nap Ghost
Big Nate

Frazz

Ziggy

Ye Olde Fox Trot

Cul de Sac

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Red Meat

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set swaps out.

Working Daze something something Star Wars.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix is about to get kicked out.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Mandrake the Magician

The Phantom

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Monty

Mike du Jour

Intelligent Life

Retail

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

GorfZaplen posted:

Mandrake the Magician

Alright, we've hit peak Mandrake-cliffhanger caption; it's all downhill from here.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

treasureplane posted:

King Aroo (November 16, 1950)

The tiny box for all that stuff was a nice touch.

treasureplane posted:

Barnaby (April 23, 1942)

"Try not to dream anymore, son" is possibly the darkest thing I've read in this thread.

F Minus

Mary Worth

Ed (I think that's his name) doesn't look too happy about this.

Rex Morgan MD

That doesn't mean she should run the company.

Secret Agent X-9

"Look I told them to be really careful not to hit her when they drop that bomb out of an airplane not on the boat moving rapidly across the ocean waves but close enough to it to make a difference what more do you want?"

Apartment 3-G

The last week is half done now, and they have not even mentioned any one of the three main characters.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Mike Lester demonstrates a conservative's ideal management-labor relationship.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Outland

Ripley's

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

GorfZaplen posted:

The Phantom

Phantom :allears:

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Darthemed posted:

Outland

Ripley's

Poor Orangutan :(

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I admit I don't know poo poo about businessing but aren't whatshisface and his nanny wife indeed acting like villains here?

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Bloom County 2015

Skippy (September 19, 1928)

Peanuts (November 20, 1968)

Mopey Pete's Time-Killing Silver Age Comic Book Fantasy

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (April 13-14, 1928)

Thimble Theater (June 6, 1929)

ACTION SEQUENCE!

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Indolent Bastard posted:

Poor Orangutan :(

Poor orangutan my rear end.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

Selachian posted:

Poor orangutan my rear end.

He died alone in a sewer, cold and starving. Even a murderous monkey doesn't deserve that.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Indolent Bastard posted:

He died alone in a sewer, cold and starving. Even a murderous monkey doesn't deserve that.

He might have been fleeing from the siege of Paris, where the citizens ended up eating all the animals in the zoo.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
He was a religious monkey but always very curious.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

EasyEW posted:

Bloom County 2015

Wow, that's a hell of a callback.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

EasyEW posted:

Thimble Theater (June 6, 1929)

I just watched this week's episode of Fargo and I feel like there are some strange parallels to be drawn here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Don't be somebody's Lap Dog Comix.

Pooch Café

I'm not sure what the metaphor is supposed to be, here. You can buy cans of wet food at the dollar store, I don't think it makes a very good stand-in for unrequited love.

Ballard Street

One of the things I like about Ballard Street is how internally consistent it is. You wouldn't notice it unless you were paying really close attention, but most of the cast are recurring characters who have discernible personalities with their own likes, dislikes and relationships with the other characters. If you look back over the last four years, we have followed the development of this pulley rig from conception to testing to finished product.

Lost Side of Suburbia

OH poo poo

• Locked thread