Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER
LIVE AT MONSTER TRUCK JAM 2KXX

Well, I tried changing my name but can't find an option anywhere to do so I'm stuck with HOT ANIME BABE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

OxMan posted:

Well, I tried changing my name but can't find an option anywhere to do so I'm stuck with HOT ANIME BABE.

Post a screenshot of your invite code. We can't find you, so something is up.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

Bandire posted:

Post a screenshot of your invite code. We can't find you, so something is up.

http://imgur.com/JTOhmIY If there's no crossplay between the groups, i guess i can make one.

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

It works with Steam, but I have no idea if PS4 players are split out.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012
I have played a few hours on the ps4 and still have not found the account section. They may have sandboxes the ps4 for now. Possibly due to whatever makes warthunder only crossplay from the ps4 but not the reverse. Or maybe I just haven't found it yet. :iiam:

Recycled Karma
Jul 16, 2004
Grimey Drawer
The PS4 and Xbox One versions don't support account syncing yet.

http://support.505games.com/support...ccount-syncing-

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

Well, PS4 guild is up, PS4Goons . I left it open to join, figured i can prune the non goons later. Lvl 10 minimum to avoid spammers. Send a PSN msg to EffEmmEll if you join up so i know you're a goon.

Edit: Guild is now at 6/10 and closed to public. Post here or send me a msg on PSN with invite code. (So far its been cool late 20s stoner chat)

OxMan fucked around with this message at 20:15 on Nov 16, 2015

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
This new Green Slime unit looks pretty useful, but I seem to be unable to level it up for some reason. Anyone else having this issue?

Frankomatic
Aug 22, 2007

I've got to get a picture of this!

DaveWoo posted:

This new Green Slime unit looks pretty useful, but I seem to be unable to level it up for some reason. Anyone else having this issue?

I got it to successfully level up once, but it hasn't worked again since.

The Pell
Feb 6, 2008

DaveWoo posted:

Its a bug. Its happening on all platforms.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Do you ever earn armor/costumes just playing the campaign? If I felt like giving the devs some of my money for an awesome game are any of the bundles better than the others for value to money ratio? I'm on PS4 if that matters. I assume +souls would be the best armor to get?

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009
+Gold/+Souls is best, since kingdoms are leveled with gold now. And Souls for your troop levels. XP is of almost tangential help, since you can get much more out of your fourth slot by using a troop instead of hero/weapon. Hero level gets you weapons, but that's about it other than a very vague gauge of player/team experience level.

Before the latest major patch, I would never really invade a 100+ level player because they would have all legends or something equally retarded. Now, I will still try to avoid all legendary teams but am more likely to give it a go since I have buckets of health to rely on (Team Gobbo Supremacy).

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Don't lose your head over it.

katkillad2 posted:

Do you ever earn armor/costumes just playing the campaign? If I felt like giving the devs some of my money for an awesome game are any of the bundles better than the others for value to money ratio? I'm on PS4 if that matters. I assume +souls would be the best armor to get?
The $5 starter deal is the best way to give them money, if it is still available to you. I think it is only offered the first week of an account. You do not earn armor from the campaign, but you can earn gems from treasure maps, guild tasks, and kingdom tribute.

Barring that bundle, you want +gold armor. Gold controls pretty much everything in the game now. You can do arena for souls when you need to level troops.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

You just fucked with the wrong Mexican.
Soooo, is it better to slowly level all your kingdoms at the same rate, or slowly level one kingdom to 10 and then another? I've got 2 at 10, and am not sure I'm spending my gold wisely.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

porktree posted:

Soooo, is it better to slowly level all your kingdoms at the same rate, or slowly level one kingdom to 10 and then another? I've got 2 at 10, and am not sure I'm spending my gold wisely.

I leveled all my kingdoms to Level 3, then started leveling individual ones to 10 for the stat boost bonuses.

Thinking about leveling them all to Level 5, just for the higher chance of multiple kingdom tributes. (Free gems/keys are always nice.)

buildmorefarms
Aug 13, 2004

любоваться
Doctor Rope
Been splitting the time I should be working between this and Puzzle & Dragons - looking for an invite to a guild if there's spots!

Code: GARBAGE

Edit: VVVVVV Got it, thanks!

buildmorefarms fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Nov 17, 2015

Bandire
Jul 12, 2002

a rabid potato

buildmorefarms posted:

Been splitting the time I should be working between this and Puzzle & Dragons - looking for an invite to a guild if there's spots!

Code: GARBAGE

Invite to Gem Boiz sent.

Also I got a 5 Kingdom tribute earlier today. It seems to scale at the same flat rate as 3 and 4.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
From a purely mathematical standpoint, you are far better off upgrading every kingdom twice than getting a single kingdom to level 10. (0.97^19 < 0.99^18*0.9 -- you get tributes at almost twice the rate in the first case compared to the second.) It's also hella cheaper. What that analysis misses is that those two level 10 kingdoms give you a bonus during combat that your 19 level 2 kingdoms wouldn't.

I have all my stuff at level 4 now (*still* cheaper than getting one kingdom to 10). Will probably focus on getting the four +attack kingdoms to level 10 next.

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

Grundulum posted:

From a purely mathematical standpoint, you are far better off upgrading every kingdom twice than getting a single kingdom to level 10. (0.97^19 < 0.99^18*0.9 -- you get tributes at almost twice the rate in the first case compared to the second.) It's also hella cheaper. What that analysis misses is that those two level 10 kingdoms give you a bonus during combat that your 19 level 2 kingdoms wouldn't.

I have all my stuff at level 4 now (*still* cheaper than getting one kingdom to 10). Will probably focus on getting the four +attack kingdoms to level 10 next.

Good info. I've pushed all but a couple to 4 now; once they're all there I'll get two more to 10. Man the pvp was sweet today; almost every fight was 750-1000 gold x 2.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe
Looks like they fixed the Green Slime leveling bug.

Also, I've just found a fun new combo to play with:

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

DaveWoo posted:

what freakish eldritch horror am I looking at?

Edit: faced a Team Gobbo with Hobgoblin subbed in for Goblin. 96 Health at all level 15s. I just closed because gently caress that poo poo.

CoffeeQaddaffi fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Nov 17, 2015

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Faced a level 1000 guy. 17 armor and 28 health. That's a lot of sitting on the toilet.

Grundulum posted:

Do you have Karakoth at 10? That is probably the best kingdom to max first for the +1 magic. I'm working on the +attack kingdoms now. I don't think there are enough to get my Hobgoblin to 20 attack. Wish I could pull a rocket.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Yeah, I have Karakoth and one of the +attack kingdoms at level 10. And half of the remaining 17 kingdoms are at level 5 or 6; I just made a push recently to get everything to at least level 4.

Harriet Carker
Jun 2, 2009

How are you guys getting enough gold to level up kingdoms? Endless PvP grinding? I just played for three hours (Rank 15 -> 1) and got about 10k gold. That's such an insignificant amount compared to upgrade costs.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006
Well, I've been playing this game for months now. Karakoth went from 2 to 10 during a double-gold weekend event with +50% gold/+100% souls armor (bought when souls were still the end-game currency :argh:). And that still required me to burn through about 15-20 treasure maps at double gold earnings.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

dantheman650 posted:

How are you guys getting enough gold to level up kingdoms? Endless PvP grinding? I just played for three hours (Rank 15 -> 1) and got about 10k gold. That's such an insignificant amount compared to upgrade costs.

depends on how high you want your kingdoms to go; upper levels are most definitely endless grinding, but that's not really new considering that you'd have to level all troops of that kingdom to 15 and do all the challenges before the change anyway

hope for a double gold weekend sometime and get a +gold armor

got torn a new rear end in a top hat by team rocketworm today, first PVP loss in a while

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is there sonewhere I can find a list of all the Level 10 kingdom stat boosts?

I'm not having any luck with Google. Most of the results are from before the big patch.

waffles beyond waffles
Jun 22, 2008

Oh, what a day...
What a lovely day!
Just check out the kingdom in game. The third icon is the level 10 bonus. All tributes are the same now, just based off of level.

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

BetterWeirdthanDead posted:

Is there sonewhere I can find a list of all the Level 10 kingdom stat boosts?

I'm not having any luck with Google. Most of the results are from before the big patch.

Here you go.

Grundulum
Feb 28, 2006

DaveWoo posted:

How did you manage to get the stats so high without killing the entire opposing team with Venoxia's true damage ability?

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Grundulum posted:

How did you manage to get the stats so high without killing the entire opposing team with Venoxia's true damage ability?

It's actually pretty amazing how quickly the slime's stats can increase, since it can buff its own Magic stat. It starts at 6, but soon you'll be buffing for 12, then 24, then 48, 96, 192...

(All the stats cap at 1000, though.)

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Faced a 3x Rock Worm/Hero with Prismatic Orb team yesterday vs. my fully leveled Shadow Dragon, Wolf Knight, Griffon and Hero team.

I lost.

seravid
Apr 21, 2010

Let me tell you of the world I used to know
I always buy whatever the weekly reward is and I never use them, but a blue/green character that generates purple is exactly what I was looking for; Keeper of Souls has never been this busy. The random skill boost is completely useless, though.

Gem Blossums: keep completing gem tasks you selfish assholes :argh:

porktree
Mar 23, 2002

I've been rocking an all goblin team; Goblin, Boar Rider, Goblin Shaman and Goblin King, the +4 Attack and +10 life is unstoppable even with some bad luck. I have been trying to replace the Shaman with the Green Slime since he only rarely comes into play and I am liking it. All those purple's get my Boar Rider several extra turns. I'm mowing through half the enemy team in one turn.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

A few more noob questions, how do I use treasure maps? Pretty sure I've gotten two of them and I don't see a place to use them.

Also really confused by the Kingdom mana bonuses... Does it not count towards campaign quests or does it only count towards creatures from that kingdom? The cards I'm running mostly revolve around Sacred Guardian and it seems to get +1 to brown mana no matter what I do and if I select a kingdom as home that has +1 yellow mana for example it still only gets +1 to brown mana.

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

You need to finish the Broken Spire kingdom questline then start the Zhul'kari quest to use treasure maps. The mana bonus is tied to your team's banner now, not the home kingdom. You can change the banner under the Bonuses tab of the Troop teambuilder thing.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

grrarg posted:

You need to finish the Broken Spire kingdom questline then start the Zhul'kari quest to use treasure maps. The mana bonus is tied to your team's banner now, not the home kingdom. You can change the banner under the Bonuses tab of the Troop teambuilder thing.

I don't know if the PS4 version is different or what but I don't even see a place to change banners. Finished Broken Spire and Zhul'Kari and lost my 3 treasure maps, including the one I got while doing Zhul'Kari. Don't know if it's bugged or what :smith:. I had earned 3, but says I have zero even though I've never used a treasure map.

I also have a challenge that says "Earn a new weapon" and I've got 4-5 and it still not completed.

BetterWeirdthanDead
Mar 7, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
My all Goblin squad had trouble with a Shadow Hunter of all things.

It dealt bonus damage boosted by all enemy [inflated goblin] life, but fortunately wasn't leveled high-enough to survive for long.

OxMan
May 13, 2006

COME SEE
GRAVE DIGGER

katkillad2 posted:

I don't know if the PS4 version is different or what but I don't even see a place to change banners. Finished Broken Spire and Zhul'Kari and lost my 3 treasure maps, including the one I got while doing Zhul'Kari. Don't know if it's bugged or what :smith:. I had earned 3, but says I have zero even though I've never used a treasure map.

I also have a challenge that says "Earn a new weapon" and I've got 4-5 and it still not completed.

Yeah there's definitely some bugs on the ps4 version. I too am stuck on the weapon challenge. The worst thing I've run into though is an arena bug. If you go back to change towns right after you're done picking/ordering, itll repick your choices. Ask me about winning 5 arena games with 2 and a half colors. Also i thought the banners were just what you switch between with r1 and l1 before a fight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grrarg
Feb 14, 2011

Sounds like the PS4 version might not have the patch 1.06 revamp. Maybe that's why PS4 people cannot join guilds from other platforms. I would download it to check, but I would never play the PS4 version since the only time I play the game is on a second screen while watching tv.