Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
:yikes:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluo
May 25, 2007

Quote-Unquote posted:

Found out today that the guy I sit next to at work is a goon

Taff?

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013
The bad, upsetting pig story should have ended with everyone getting fired and then getting jobs at Hormel, as that would be like a punchline.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
an actual funnyman routine doesn't need a single definite punchline it is funny because of its turns of events

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost

El Spider posted:

I'm hoping that he just happened to make a post that was in very poor taste, because I retracted a ban I had queued

I still haven't seen you make a funny post

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I didnt read applewhites post but i stand with el spider

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

trying to jack off posted:

youre the worst poster on this website

sorry that's actually me

Tiberius Thyben
Feb 7, 2013

Gone Phishing

youre the worst poster on this website

No I am.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

El Spider posted:

link me to the baby baking post since I didn't actively read or post here prior to my modding

maybe you shouldn't be a mod here

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Methanar posted:

I still haven't seen you make a funny post

IIRC Spiderino had good opinions in the tran thread when someone tryed to make a poster child for trans womens out of a literal child raper who raped he own son multiple times and also video'd it for the internet

So there's that.

ROFLburger
Jan 12, 2006

Hogge Wild posted:

maybe you shouldn't be a mod here

are you having a rough night

LadyAmbien
Oct 22, 2015

El Spider posted:

I'm hoping that he just happened to make a post that was in very poor taste, because I retracted a ban I had queued after people vouched for him. I'm looking into it unless people want to dig through his posts for me and convince me he probably wasn't being ironic

I think the point being made here is that wether it's real or not, (who knows), and wether you agree with what happened or not, (I know I don't condone inhumanely slaughtering a pig), you probably shouldn't be banning or really even probating people based on it. People say a lot of hosed up things on the forums, and some of it is distasteful and offensive, but banning someone for contributing to a thread in a relevant (albeit disturbing) way is counterproductive to the community. Of course this doesn't stand for obvious things like racism, pedophilia, blahblahblah, but as far as being something subjective as an event happening that you don't like, it's a slippery slope.

I think modding on GBS is probably one of the most challenging positions on the site because it's really hard to figure out where to draw the line, so it's good to read that you're looking into his posts and not pulling the trigger without some thought.

LadyAmbien fucked around with this message at 05:28 on Nov 18, 2015

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

LadyAmbien posted:

I think the point being made here is that wether it's real or not, (who knows), and wether you agree with what happened or not, (I know I don't condone inhumanely slaughtering a pig), you probably shouldn't be banning or really even probating people based on it. People say a lot of hosed up things on the forums, and some of it is distasteful and offensive, but banning someone for contributing to a thread in a relevant way is counterproductive to the community.

once there was a gbs thread where people earnestly talked about stomping on baby birds and other stuff like that and it would be nice if gbs didnt go back to posts liek that because it drove a lot of good posters away for a long time

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

LadyAmbien posted:

I think the point being made here is that wether it's real or not, (who knows), and wether you agree with what happened or not, (I know I don't condone inhumanely slaughtering a pig), you probably shouldn't be banning or really even probating people based on it. People say a lot of hosed up things on the forums, and some of it is distasteful and offensive, but banning someone for contributing to a thread in a relevant (albeit disturbing) way is counterproductive to the community. Of course this doesn't stand for obvious things like racism, pedophilia, blahblahblah, but as far as being something subjective as an event happening that you don't like, it's a slippery slope.

I think modding on GBS is probably one of the most challenging positions on the site because it's really hard to figure out where to draw the line, so it's good to read that you're looking into his posts and not pulling the trigger without some thought.

there have been lots of hosed up posts about goons killing animals, eg. one fat poo poo accidentally stomped his kitten dead, but applewhite's story was clearly story

and if it being a story wasn't clear for someone, then imo that person shouldn't mod a comedy forum

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
The pig story was a continuation of my hilarious misadventures at Krogers for which I am well known.
Those stories and many others can be found here http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3705117

Applewhite fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Nov 18, 2015

LadyAmbien
Oct 22, 2015

once there was a gbs thread where people earnestly talked about stomping on baby birds and other stuff like that and it would be nice if gbs didnt go back to posts liek that because it drove a lot of good posters away for a long time

That's definitely a good point. I wouldn't like to see that either. Especially if it's an entire thread glorifying animal cruelty, and like I said, modding GBS has to be one of the most challenging positions on the site because a lot of the time you'd have to make a call that isn't always based on your morality meter. I certainly couldn't do it.

As a side note, I find it interesting that there was a thread here a few months ago talking about what pieces of poo poo Pitbulls are and how they should die, and nobody did a thing about that. I rescue dogs and own two of my own Pits, and that had my blood boiling to the point where I almost asked Rich to gas the thread. But, I didn't. Because again, just because I don't like it, or agree with it doesn't make it Gas Chamber-worthy.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Wanna see Lady Ambien get banned because new mod doesn't know who she is.

LadyAmbien
Oct 22, 2015

Drunk Nerds posted:

Wanna see Lady Ambien get banned because new mod doesn't know who she is.

I'm honestly awaiting it. I paid for my account, and had to pay to re-reg when I hosed up and used an ATTENTION tag when making a stupid first post. I think at this point I'd probably deserve it, I shouldn't have to play by different rules. I WILL MISS YOU ALL.

Windows 98
Nov 13, 2005

HTTP 400: Bad post
loving do it. you wont.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

LadyAmbien posted:

I shouldn't have to play by different rules.

Uh, yeah you should.

You think Michelle Obama can't have anyone she wants killed? She can and does. That's what happened to Robin Williams and the GWAR frontman

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

LadyAmbien posted:

That's definitely a good point. I wouldn't like to see that either. Especially if it's an entire thread glorifying animal cruelty, and like I said, modding GBS has to be one of the most challenging positions on the site because a lot of the time you'd have to make a call that isn't always based on your morality meter. I certainly couldn't do it.

As a side note, I find it interesting that there was a thread here a few months ago talking about what pieces of poo poo Pitbulls are and how they should die, and nobody did a thing about that. I rescue dogs and own two of my own Pits, and that had my blood boiling to the point where I almost asked Rich to gas the thread. But, I didn't. Because again, just because I don't like it, or agree with it doesn't make it Gas Chamber-worthy.

To be fair, you should gas a thread like that. The pitbull stuff is just to rile people up. It serves no other purpose, and going after pets is an infinite well of outrage. Rich made a thread last year for all those infinite outrages, where people could have their circular arguments indefinitely and sane people would just stay away. Ralp gassed it.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
Nothing interesting ever happened at work, really, but I did once get to see a guy on a motor bike get decapitated on the way to work. Hard to forget.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
Once the police brought a guy into the ER who was strung out on Angel Dust. He managed to break free and escape. However, he did not get too far. He managed to fall and knock himself unconscious in the construction zone next to the hospital. That would not have been that big a deal, except for the fact that he landed face-down in a two-inch deep puddle and managed to drown. When they found him (Which took a surprising amount of time), They asked me to come out and help schlep the body back into the hospital. They did this, mainly because I happened to be in the ER to get blood samples from another drugged-out individual and they needed another reasonably strong person to carry the dead guy.

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

LadyAmbien posted:

I'm honestly awaiting it. I paid for my account, and had to pay to re-reg when I hosed up and used an ATTENTION tag when making a stupid first post. I think at this point I'd probably deserve it, I shouldn't have to play by different rules. I WILL MISS YOU ALL.

lol

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
oh man! remembered another one. I was doing in the annual Fire Alarm inspection in a building I've dubbed "Little Manila". It was a 100+ year old apartment building, the sort with a big central staircase to access every floor and with big wooden stairs along the outside. It had definitely seen better days. The last revamp must have been in the late 60s judging by the carpet, and it had since not been touched. It was a slum that housed almost exclusively fresh-off-the-boat Filipino immigrants...and one white guy in the basement in the grossest suite of all.

I actually met the guy that lived in the suite on a different job, he was a night security guard at a high rise, and although he was completely goony (overweight, into Star Trek, Dr. Who and Dark Souls) we got along great. I can't remember if I caught him leaving for work or if there was a picture on the wall that tipped me off, but it was definitely like that moment in the Simpsons where you find out where Lenny lives. The place was a disaster. Empty pizza boxes, rat turds, a pervading damp and stank and crammed everywhere was goon memorabilia.

Anyway, this place ticked off every single fire hazard box in the book. The basement electrical room was packed full of mattresses preventing access to the breakers, the hallways were packed with stuff. Fake palm trees, chests of drawers, household items. The people living in the suites used the hallways as living space on the regular. The doors in the corridors leading to the fire escape were blocked with toilets from the outside, which would have been fine since every unit had a secondary exit through the kitchen. The year prior we had written up a Filipino for placing his fridge in front of that door...but this year everyone decided to do it. To be fair, it did open up a lot of room in their kitchen...

Of course, there were all sorts of issues with the fire system. It was disabled when we got there, and it turned out the front door was worked so loose that it slammed into the nearest pull station and set the fire bells off every time someone walked in. The sensors were all ancient, and my coworker decided to write one up even though it worked. The tile it was mounted on was visibly sagging under the weight of mouse turds, and I told him not to touch it but he did and got showered with a torrent of tiny turds.

The building would have been the perfect firestorm. A fire system that's out of commission so the fire separation doors didn't work, the building reduced to a single egress that would then double as a chimney and so much clutter that the firemen wouldn't be able to get in anyway.

Metanaut
Oct 9, 2006

Honey it's tight like that.
College Slice
A 2-3 year old baby in a crib being wheeled from the cancer ward he was staying in to surgery. I don't know how people cope with working there. At least with adults you can imagine they some how deserve the lovely thing they're dealing with.

shelley
Nov 8, 2010
Read a report on a guy who deliberately infected himself with a hemorrhagic fever to see how it was transmitted. He lived

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Oh man there's this proper loving shantytown over and behind one of our warehouses and there was this one loving tweaker that'd always be magically around for deliveries, I guess hoping to score some precious commodities from out the back of the truck (good luck fucker this concertina gate locks behind us aight?). Anyway this time he'd gotten into his head to start loving with the birds, like he's chasing the pigeons down and occasionally actually manages to catch them and toss them on the walls, feathers flying in dusty poofs (not that he manages to actually hit the walls, birds can fly, remember? No? Well they can. Ya really.) Well suddenly he throws a tantrum (on top of his already ongoing tantrum I swear to God like a proper 4yo) and loads this one big fat black mean old duck looking bastard into a loving slingshot and cries havoc and launches it full tilt into one of the hovels, a real tall one that actually turns out to be a sty. I have no idea how they managed to get a hog five stories up the ladders of this hovel (or why they painted it green) but I guess the duck reminded it that it wasn't loving possible after all, so now it just collapses on itself like an accordion that was never built with any load bearing structures to begin with, and just comes crashing down destroying itself in this deafening rumble, and the pig just drops down in the middle of it and just explodes into a puff of gray smoke. And everyone cheered.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
Can't even stomp a bird to death anymore without the gbs politically correct brigade jumping down your throat

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

I'm Shitposticus!

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

whole lot of gullible goons in this thread, believing every piece of obvious bullshit they see. if you read Applewhite's story and believed a word of it (whether or not you know who Applewhite is) you are a complete loving idiot and you should PM me because I have a bridge in Brooklyn I'd like to sell you.

e: When I saw the probation the first time I assumed it was just a new mod handing out hot sixes and thought it was pretty funny but welp

Saint Isaias Boner fucked around with this message at 10:36 on Nov 18, 2015

Hobo By Design
Mar 17, 2009

Hobo By Intent or Robo Hobo?
Ramrod XTreme
Used to work in a cemetery, occasionally unburied people. Some dude was buried between his wife and mistress, his kids found out and wanted their parents exhumed + cremated. This is decades after the fact. After hauling up the bronze vaults in the middle of summer, we took a lunch break. Afterwards, I held the casket open while a decades-old corpse was transferred into the tray or w/e it's called that goes into the crematory. Mostly solid. Fingernails came off when the mortician took off the rings. Smell was bad. One of my coworkers threw up. Turns out the kids didn't even have power of attorney!

A local funeral home had Drama (owner was a cokehead, son of previous owner), they tried to bury a child in a styrofoam cooler. Dude got in trouble when he kept a body in a unrefrigerated closet for like 2 weeks.

doodlebugs
Feb 18, 2015

by Lowtax
someone did a big mystery poo poo on the floor at my workplace.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Karate Bastard posted:

Oh man there's this proper loving shantytown over and behind one of our warehouses and there was this one loving tweaker that'd always be magically around for deliveries, I guess hoping to score some precious commodities from out the back of the truck (good luck fucker this concertina gate locks behind us aight?). Anyway this time he'd gotten into his head to start loving with the birds, like he's chasing the pigeons down and occasionally actually manages to catch them and toss them on the walls, feathers flying in dusty poofs (not that he manages to actually hit the walls, birds can fly, remember? No? Well they can. Ya really.) Well suddenly he throws a tantrum (on top of his already ongoing tantrum I swear to God like a proper 4yo) and loads this one big fat black mean old duck looking bastard into a loving slingshot and cries havoc and launches it full tilt into one of the hovels, a real tall one that actually turns out to be a sty. I have no idea how they managed to get a hog five stories up the ladders of this hovel (or why they painted it green) but I guess the duck reminded it that it wasn't loving possible after all, so now it just collapses on itself like an accordion that was never built with any load bearing structures to begin with, and just comes crashing down destroying itself in this deafening rumble, and the pig just drops down in the middle of it and just explodes into a puff of gray smoke. And everyone cheered.

Was the bum's name Rovio?

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

RideTheSpiral posted:

Can't even stomp a bird to death anymore without the gbs politically correct brigade jumping down your throat

Who's on the gbs moral brigade these days anyway, they're the ones with the burning pitchforks and crosses right? Someone page them, they should have some good work related stories to tell.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Applewhite posted:

Was the bum's name Rovio?

Dunno man. Pale fat finn looking gently caress, real jumpy with some gross red lambda looking tribal tat on his neck. Probably? How the gently caress should I know?

e: yeah dammit, maybe you're right, Roofie, Rufio... Something like that, yeah! You know him?

Karate Bastard fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Nov 18, 2015

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer

Karate Bastard posted:

Who's on the gbs moral brigade these days anyway, they're the ones with the burning pitchforks and crosses right? Someone page them, they should have some good work related stories to tell.

Under GBS mountain sleeps Icequeen, who at the end of time will re-awake to ban anyone for making an un-pc remark.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Wedemeyer posted:

IIRC Spiderino had good opinions in the tran thread when someone tryed to make a poster child for trans womens out of a literal child raper who raped he own son multiple times and also video'd it for the internet

So there's that.

Holy Moley, link that please

El Spider
Nov 9, 2012

Applewhite posted:

The pig story was a continuation of my hilarious misadventures at Krogers for which I am well known.
Those stories and many others can be found here http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3705117

Ok, my bad. Please forgive me because in previous mod experiences I've seen people actually confess to things like ignoring a rape in process, assaulting their best friend with a shovel, hitting a live bird with a baseball bat, donating their last 50 dollars to charity because they think they sent too many pms to a female poster. I'm a bit rusty and also a piece of poo poo.

*flushes toilet and disappears*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
does it count as ignoring a rape if you are the one doing the rape

asking for a friend

• Locked thread