Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Der Shovel posted:

loving international friendlies.

E: apparently Carrick's done his ankle as well and will be out for some time, so that's United hosed then. United have won 9/10 games Carrick's started this season, and only won 2/8 where he didn't.

Really? Im shocked by that as I thought he's been having a poor season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Carrick never has a poor season.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Ive just checked the details myself and the stat is slightly wrong. I'm assuming they took the Carling Cup games out, but why they'd do that and not the Champs League I dont know.

If you take all the matches

Carrick - 9 wins 1 draw (Boro), 1 loss (arsenal)
Schneiderlin - 7 wins, 4 draws 1 loss
Schweinsteiger - 6 wins 4 draws 3 losses

Having a look at the midfield pairings

Schneiderlin / Carrick - 5 wins
Schweinsteiger / Carrick - 3 wins 1 loss
Schneiderlin / Schweinsteiger - 2 wins 4 draws 1 loss

Personally I think the stats are a load of shite and theres a load more things to take into consideration like who has been playing around them. Imo the football has been at its best when its been a pairing of Schneiderlin / Schweinsteiger playing and at its worse when its been Schweinsteiger / Carrick as they are too slow to sustain a game together.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The Big Taff Man posted:

Personally I think the stats are a load of shite

Up to a point, yes. However, they do back up the viewpoint that Carrick is still a hugely important player for United and there still isn't anyone in the team that can properly replace him. Or if there is, LVG doesn't know how to make that team work. So in either case it's bad news for Manchester United.

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
I'd be more worried about Martial if Wayne hadnt found his shooting boots recently, but he has so I'm not. With Mata in the side we are all but guaranteed 2+ goals a game.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí
youve also got

*guffaw*

memphis depay

Breath Ray
Nov 19, 2010
In fairness the boy could still come good. But ok I wish we had sterling and de bruyne :)

Broletariat
Nov 14, 2014
United and City are dropping points this weekend.

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

The Big Taff Man posted:

Ive just checked the details myself and the stat is slightly wrong. I'm assuming they took the Carling Cup games out, but why they'd do that and not the Champs League I dont know.

probably because the carling cup is an itv4 reserves competition for bad teams to care about and the champions league is literally the highest level of the sport, but no I don't know either Taff

Blue Star Error
Jun 11, 2001

For this recipie you will need:
Football match (Halftime of), Celebrity Owner (Motivational speaking of), Sherry (Bottle of)
The League cup is important because its the only competition Mancchester United have a chance of winning

Manc Hill
Jul 19, 2001

^^this is u ^^this is me

Blue Star Error posted:

The League cup is important because its the only competition Mancchester United have a chance of winning

in 2017 you mean

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

I miss talking about football and this is probably a bad article, but lol http://www.espnfc.com/manchester-united/story/2717719/louis-van-gaal-i-dont-do-anything-at-manchester-unites

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Louis Van Gaal says he invented watching match film. Seems legit.

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

TheBigAristotle posted:

Louis Van Gaal says he invented watching match film. Seems legit.

He's a tactical and technical genius mate.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY
Alexis is supposedly about to sign a 5 year deal for 150k a week. Ozil too, apparently for 160k. Not sure why Ozil gets more, but :getin: regardless.

Ewar Woowar
Feb 25, 2007

blue footed boobie posted:

Alexis is supposedly about to sign a 5 year deal for 150k a week. Ozil too, apparently for 160k. Not sure why Ozil gets more, but :getin: regardless.

That's Januzaj territory!

Seriously though, given the wages Rooney (and some Chelsea and City players) that's seems pretty reasonable. Well as far as footballers go.

Milner is easily out most well paid player and he's been really disappointing. At least he works hard and is likeable though.

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
It's quite depressing that James Milner is our "star" player.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

FullLeatherJacket posted:

probably because the carling cup is an itv4 reserves competition for bad teams to care about and the champions league is literally the highest level of the sport, but no I don't know either Taff

if you include the carling cup then Carrick had another start and loss or draw depending on how you look at it tho. Imo they didnt include it to make him look slightly better which is my issue with stats

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021
Nasri's Arsenal DNA is showing through, he's apparently crocked until February. He hadn't even come back yet this time

Edit: I'm beginning to think that City's medical staff is worse than Arsenal's

pik_d fucked around with this message at 12:34 on Nov 19, 2015

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

pik_d posted:

Nasri's Arsenal DNA is showing through, he's apparently crocked until February. He hadn't even come back yet this time

Edit: I'm beginning to think that City's medical staff is worse than Arsenal's

The medical staff are doing an excellent job, keeping Nasri out of the side.

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Ninpo posted:

The medical staff are doing an excellent job, keeping Nasri out of the side.

But how is anyone gonna buy him if he can't walk???

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

Eau de MacGowan posted:

But how is anyone gonna buy him if he can't walk???

you think seeing him play helps?

Eau de MacGowan
May 12, 2009

BRASIL HEXA
2026 tá logo aí

Spangly A posted:

you think seeing him play helps?

hmm, truly the premier league's catch 22

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003

Why would Alexis agree to be paid less than Ozil lol

fat greasy puto
Dec 30, 2001

Anime Lover David Beckham
Pretty involved question. Maybe you could talk it out on traffordcast today?

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

pik_d posted:

Nasri's Arsenal DNA is showing through, he's apparently crocked until February.

thatcrowdwithohnosigns.jpg

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

fat greasy puto posted:

Pretty involved question. Maybe you could talk it out on traffordcast today?

Yeah Arsenal chat on the Traffordcast :rolleyes:

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

The Big Taff Man posted:

Yeah Arsenal chat on the Traffordcast :rolleyes:

They had craiglen on 3 weeks ago and he spent 8 minutes just muttering arsenal cunts over and over again while therat and der shovel applauded

elbkaida
Jan 13, 2008
Look!

PirateBob posted:

Why would Alexis agree to be paid less than Ozil lol

Özil has 5x the twitter followers, dunno if Alexis can even look him in the eyes tbh!

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

elbkaida posted:

Özil has 5x the twitter followers, dunno if Alexis can even look him in the eyes tbh!

It would be hard not to tbf

FullLeatherJacket
Dec 30, 2004

Chiunque può essere Luther Blissett, semplicemente adottando il nome Luther Blissett

fat gay nonce posted:

They had craiglen on 3 weeks ago and he spent 8 minutes just muttering arsenal cunts over and over again while therat and der shovel applauded

this is what I want from a podcast tbh

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

FullLeatherJacket posted:

this is what I want from a podcast tbh

It was a lot of fun.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

fat gay nonce posted:

Now let's be honest, who here wouldn't applaud?

Also, something else to applaud: Belgium's coach is telling Fellaini to quit United.

Marc Wilmots posted:

A player who does not play for his club is annoying for a coach. Fellaini could play to support the attack, as the No.6. He has very good technique, very good ability to track back and recover. Maybe he will try to find a new challenge in January, if it is possible.

PirateBob
Jun 14, 2003
Fellaini has very good technique.

[img-Fellaini running with the ball diagonally and out of play]

Brighterday
Jun 25, 2005

Ah, I was wondering why Ozil was playing so consistently well the past few months.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!
ozil is the better player hth

he's also more important for making us tick

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

PirateBob posted:

Fellaini has very good technique.

[img-Fellaini running with the ball diagonally and out of play]

That is literally what I was thinking of while reading it. I mean I realize it's part of Wilmots' job to big up his players but god drat.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Also, Martial, Carrick, Rooney, Valencia and Fellaini are out at least for the Watford game :rip:

Brony Car
May 22, 2014

by Cyrano4747

Der Shovel posted:

That is literally what I was thinking of while reading it. I mean I realize it's part of Wilmots' job to big up his players but god drat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJUbtuPCQNY

Lots of silky skills.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
I wonder if that was done ironically because it's mostly him knocking someone off the ball

• Locked thread