Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS

Yeah, that's some good stuff. You do you, and the rest of Muse, Nozomi.

Also, the greeting text for Fairy Nozomi is hilariously bad.

squidflakes fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Nov 18, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

I've been proudly sporting this card as my center since I got it.

I've been weighing my options on trying to roll for a second one, but I've seen some screenshots from the JP version that show people getting it from the seal shop this past month, and I might just wait for a year for that if those are for real.

Right now I'm just sitting on gem hoard ready to blast into T1 for the upcoming medley festival.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I have 27 million G saved up. Think that'll be enough? I should be able to get a feel for how much G I spend for MedFes now that we get it.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
This will be my first MedFest, what is G used for?

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

You use G to buy various buffs before the medley starts (increased gold/exp/score/skill activation rate, off the top of my head). Apparently there's some cocktail of buffs you can use that'll keep your net spending low, but I've got 24m just sitting around ready to blow through so if I'm not 100% economical it's no big deal.

DiabloCthulhu
Mar 23, 2013

graybook posted:

I have 27 million G saved up. Think that'll be enough?
More than enough.

Here's a list of buffs you can buy, btw:

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
And besides, if the mechanics are completely the same as in JP, there was a Reddit post where someone had collected data from folks showing that the first boost on that table didn't have an appreciable effect on rewards, so I hope I can skip buying that.

Probably gonna end up getting the middle four, so ~140k per song is what i'll be spending.

At that rate, I can play like 192 medleys with each of those active and not run completely out of G. And that's not accounting for however much I get back from playing and stuff.

This should be fun. Then again, Live Vocal Groove Burst in Starlight Stage really wore me out with a gameplay style that seemed similar to this upcoming MedFes, so I worry a little that I won't be interested enough.

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
I mostly go +10% event points and that's it, unless I think the medley will be hard enough to justify the increased healing or easy enough to justify the prefect lock.

DiabloCthulhu
Mar 23, 2013

graybook posted:

And besides, if the mechanics are completely the same as in JP, there was a Reddit post where someone had collected data from folks showing that the first boost on that table didn't have an appreciable effect on rewards, so I hope I can skip buying that.
Yeah, from what I've seen and read, that rewards boost really doesn't do poo poo. The RNG of the rewards as a whole is pretty weird - I've seen examples of people playing on EX a bunch of times with that rewards boost on and not getting anything worthwhile and then deciding to play without that boost on and getting scouting ticket from silver and sometimes even gold reward or SR support member card on the first try. Or examples of people playing on EX a bunch of times and not getting anything worthwhile and then deciding to hop on Hard and getting scouting ticket or SR support member card there.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
The score boost is enough to bump a team that normally B or A ranks into S rank easily. That plus the event point boost really make a big difference. Everything else is nice to have but not neccessary.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

So if I have teams that can already hit S scores, I shouldn't need to buy score boosts?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Was this maintenance scheduled?

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

Was this maintenance scheduled?

Yeah, the announcement was posted after the server went back up this morning. It's scheduled to end eight hours from now.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Moldy Taxes posted:

So if I have teams that can already hit S scores, I shouldn't need to buy score boosts?

I would assume not. I've only done medley events on JP (obviously) where my teams have been way lower leveled and weaker than my EN account.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Gotta wonder what broke so hard that they had to postpone the version update.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
The game crashed right in the middle of a song. That's never happened to me before

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
I pulled my first actual UR, and true to my experience in the game so far, it was Hanayo. The Stockholm Syndrome is real.

RCK-101
Feb 19, 2008

If a recruiter asks you to become a nuclear sailor.. you say no
So I have started SIF EN because some cosplayers got me to play the game , and now I play it to pass the time on bus rides to work, and man, I feel so less pro than half the players here. I'm Rank 45, have 3 SRs (Ranked for Eli, who is the best girl), 2 Hanyos, and a Nozomi, and a LOT more rares of the main Love Live cast. (I am so close to full idolized Snow Halation set, that will be my mainline Cool set). How do you all advance so much.

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS

Ryand-Smith posted:

How do you all advance so much.

Time.

I've been playing since early August and I'm rank 69. The only reason I have any amount of SRs is because I put a lot of effort in to idolizing the N girls and farming them for love stones. Plus, I got drunk one night and bought an 11 pull.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Ryand-Smith posted:

So I have started SIF EN because some cosplayers got me to play the game , and now I play it to pass the time on bus rides to work, and man, I feel so less pro than half the players here. I'm Rank 45, have 3 SRs (Ranked for Eli, who is the best girl), 2 Hanyos, and a Nozomi, and a LOT more rares of the main Love Live cast. (I am so close to full idolized Snow Halation set, that will be my mainline Cool set). How do you all advance so much.

Are you obsessive about spending all your LP?

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Seconded. I've only been in idol hell since March or so but it's been a fun ride. Just takes practice and many futile prayers to RNJesus-sama.

finalcake
Oct 5, 2002

CHESTO~!!
I'm rank 152. I've slowed down a lot this year in terms of playing, especially since beginning of Fall due to THAT update, so I'm pretty low considering I've been playing this game for over a year and a half.

Allarion
May 16, 2009

がんばルビ!
I played at some point last year, and then dropped it, then started it again beginning of summer of this year, I think. Now at Rank 69 and have only just started being able to actually get the event SRs. I do have decent luck with the gatcha though since I have two URs and a bunch of SRs. Also my inventory space is finally getting emptied out due to maxing out levels and bonds for a bunch of Ns so that's been pretty nice. Also means I won't get as many loveca now so I can only hope the english version gets dailies at some point. My Jpn account has been doing well too, though all my teams still need leveling up since they still can't score A-rank yet for any hard songs. Gatcha keeps giving me Rin in JPN though.

Allarion fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Nov 20, 2015

Sarrisan
Oct 9, 2012
Man I should really clear out my inventory of max-bonded 2 stars, but the collector in me thinks it's such a waste. At this point I need to practice every 2 or 3 songs just to clear space, so I'm pretty sure I'll just have no more space soon.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Sarrisan posted:

Man I should really clear out my inventory of max-bonded 2 stars, but the collector in me thinks it's such a waste. At this point I need to practice every 2 or 3 songs just to clear space, so I'm pretty sure I'll just have no more space soon.

Max level them and feed them to your good girls

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

New Passion event in SS, SSR Mika prize for top 100k and Rika in the gacha

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Looks like I'm holding off on the gachas for another couple of weeks, then. Not that excited about the event either, but I said that last time and I still managed to get into the top 100k with a lot less effort than the first event. I guess there's been some drop-off since the launch.

Also I don't have any Kiraris at all, so I'm definitely going to do at least that.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Apparently according to the folks in the Line chat I'm in, Orange Sapphire Master doesn't have stupid sliders! What a relief.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Orange Sapphire is cool, but I'm still mad I didn't manage a single SR Kanade from the caravan event. Got like a million Nina and Azuki instead.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

graybook posted:

Apparently according to the folks in the Line chat I'm in, Orange Sapphire Master doesn't have stupid sliders! What a relief.

There's master full combo videos up already (of course), though I haven't watched any yet.

taser rates posted:

Orange Sapphire is cool, but I'm still mad I didn't manage a single SR Kanade from the caravan event. Got like a million Nina and Azuki instead.

Yeah, I got exactly one Kanade. My max star level on any idol is now 7 instead of 6, so I guess that's progress.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Cat: Acquired

got it off a single 60 pull the day after I made a 10 pull with a single repeat SR and 4 ninas

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

pandaK posted:

Cat: Acquired

Nice, glad it worked out eventually

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Oh good lord

ENSIF's next even is not the Maki Medley Festival, but the moved-up Score Match Round 15 with a Cool PL Kotori.

Well then.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

I hope everyone's ready for 3D Chloe Lemaire, coming this 1st December

e: I guess the concept is School Idol Festival National Student Dance Battle Royale, they even have rival schools

Polsy fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Nov 25, 2015

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Polsy posted:

I hope everyone's ready for 3D Chloe Lemaire, coming this 1st December

e: I guess the concept is School Idol Festival National Student Dance Battle Royale, they even have rival schools

The PV was cute. Did NicoNico stop bullying her yet?

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

graybook posted:

Oh good lord

ENSIF's next even is not the Maki Medley Festival, but the moved-up Score Match Round 15 with a Cool PL Kotori.

Well then.

This makes me intensely sad.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Space Flower posted:

The PV was cute. Did NicoNico stop bullying her yet?

Yeah, it seems like people are done with that now, or maybe it's just as long as she doesn't directly say her name.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

ChubbyThePhat posted:

This makes me intensely sad.

Same for my friend who is tired of getting Cool SRs when I think she still has Rs on her Pure and maybe also Smile team(s).

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

My crackpot theory for the Medley Festival delay is that some higher ups told the EN managers that they couldn't push out the 2.0 update before December, in the middle of the 10 hour update, and since Medley Festival requires some bits from the update (off the top of my head, the increased combo counter to 1500 notes), they decided to just shuffle in another event instead of waiting for another week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
Maybe they don't want to start the Christmas even on Thanksgiving.