Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Holy gently caress. :stare:

However this might be more at its place in the PYF AUG thread. (it hasn't been re-nuked yet, has it? :ohdear:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

What are GamerGate and why should I hate them, excluding this ofc.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

BigglesSWE posted:

How do you post on something awful and haven't even accidentally stumbled on anything gamergate related before?

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

BigglesSWE posted:

:eyepop:

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
Countdown to poptart fairy materializing like a cloud of farts...

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Clearly gamergaters are the most ethical people in the world.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Aesop Poprock posted:

How do you post on something awful and haven't even accidentally stumbled on anything gamergate related before?

I've seen the name been thrown around in the Internet Critic thread, but never picked up on the context.

btw, I joined SA for the sole reason of reading thorough the old CAD mock threads but now they don't work anymore. Thanks, Obama...

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Gamergate people hate women basically

Ogive
Dec 22, 2002

by Lowtax

I know this is low-hanging fruit, but I think that comment section may have given me AIDS.

Ape Has Killed Ape
Sep 15, 2005

Crow Jane posted:

Countdown to poptart fairy materializing like a cloud of farts...

*stands in the bathroom and looks at the mirror*

GamerGate
GamerGate
GamerGate
GamerGate
GamerGate

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
http://imgur.com/gallery/PkfsA

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Yeah I Liked and Retweeted this persons tweet, we're pretty much dating.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
I actually follow Veerender on twitter and he's the most absurdly sweet dude, it's so sad :smith:

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

If you need to read a guide and follow some internal script to do dating you're probably going to come across as some horribly awkward robot

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Monicro posted:

I actually follow Veerender on twitter and he's the most absurdly sweet dude, it's so sad :smith:

I usually don't like making blanket statements about people from a certain religion, but I have never met a Sikh person who has been anything but so so nice. My Sikh mechanic gave me 10% off the part I just got replaced on my girlfriend's car because I live down the street this weekend.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Ogive posted:

I know this is low-hanging fruit, but I think that comment section may have given me AIDS.

I'm sure it can't be that bad...

quote:

>Gamergate supporters reposted the image on twitter
You mean like you just did?
In an article?
Anything to shift the guilt from the people with actual power to propagate this nonsense,your fellow journalists.

Holy poo poo these people are idiots.

I especially like the commenters yelling about how there's no way to connect the people who made the image to Gamergate after the article went out of its way to document just how that connection was established.

the future is WOW has a new favorite as of 03:19 on Nov 18, 2015

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
GG people are like right wingers, they talk all this poo poo, and when someone actually goes and does something they fall over themselves trying to distance themselves from it.

The comment that calls Veerender a "vile racist" is 100% some white guy that gets salty that he can't say the N word and complains about there not being "white history month".

Why do they feel the need to do this?
http://imgur.com/gallery/YUiKI
Why not just post a link to the video? At least people in the comments are agreeing and also agree its better as a video.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

BigglesSWE posted:

I've seen the name been thrown around in the Internet Critic thread, but never picked up on the context.

btw, I joined SA for the sole reason of reading thorough the old CAD mock threads but now they don't work anymore. Thanks, Obama...

The best advice I can give you is stay blissfully ignorant because learning about it doesn't lead to anything but pain. It's like those scientists and philosophers who were trying to come up with a way to tell future generations not to disturb toxic landfills without intriguing them into digging rhem up

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Aesop Poprock posted:

The best advice I can give you is stay blissfully ignorant because learning about it doesn't lead to anything but pain. It's like those scientists and philosophers who were trying to come up with a way to tell future generations not to disturb toxic landfills without intriguing them into digging rhem up

The answer to both problem is this; there are angry ghosts beyond this point. Do not go deeper unless you want to be haunted by a very mad ghost.

People are still afraid of ghosts, right?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Nuebot posted:

The answer to both problem is this; there are angry ghosts beyond this point. Do not go deeper unless you want to be haunted by a very mad ghost.

People are still afraid of ghosts, right?

We have entire channels dedicated to people running around abandoned places yelling at ghosts to fight them

jorty
May 11, 2015

grump_dog.jpg
Lipstick Apathy

Aesop Poprock posted:

We have entire channels dedicated to people running around abandoned places yelling at ghosts to fight them

I'd definitely watch a channel dedicated to ghost wrestling, feeling disappointed we don't have that channel here now :\

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story

BigglesSWE posted:

Basically it's a bunch of nerds that are pissed that people besides white men are playing video games and 100% of games are no longer being made directly for them. So every time a woman mentions that a game is kinda sexist they come out of the woodwork. And anytime a game marketed to, or made by women is successful it's because they are literally having sex with game reviewers to get favorable reviews and coverage.

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

twistedmentat posted:

And Sandy Hook Truthers are a particularly bad breed. They are known to directly confront the parents of slain children and demand them to admit it was all a hoax and how their kids never existed. They also like the vandalize memorials and one genius stole a memorial plaque.
I'm sorry to jump in a couple of days late, but I really have to post this.

I once found a familiar photo on a truther blog while searching for something completely unrelated and felt compelled to read the comments. I've always found conspiracy theories fascinating so I've heard a lot of out-there stuff, but nothing could have prepared me for the full immersion mindfuck of reading the comments and seeing people arguing passionately that the people in that picture, myself included, do not exist.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

Dr_Amazing posted:

Basically it's a bunch of nerds that are pissed that people besides white men are playing video games and 100% of games are no longer being made directly for them. So every time a woman mentions that a game is kinda sexist they come out of the woodwork. And anytime a game marketed to, or made by women is successful it's because they are literally having sex with game reviewers to get favorable reviews and coverage.

Yeah but on the other hand ethics in video game journalism and faaaaaart.

Though yeah there is definitely some similarity to Freepers. Talking a big game about revolution and taking back what's theirs and as soon as something happens going "no that's not one of ours, how dare you suggest that. False flag!"

Fathis Munk has a new favorite as of 08:12 on Nov 18, 2015

Thinky Whale
Aug 2, 2012

All that most maddens and torments; all that stirs up the lees of things; all truth with malice in it; all that cracks the sinews and cakes the brain; all the subtle demonisms of life and thought; all evil were visibly personified, and made practically assailable in Fry.
Speaking of incredibly stupid sexism, people can't even do dumb meme jokes without it. Disregard the title and skim to the end.
http://imgur.com/gallery/twvuC

Wow, your obnoxious stereotypes sure are accurate, and your dull, terrible story is some great writing! Signed, a human female who exists.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Fathis Munk posted:

Yeah but on the other hand ethics in video game journalism and faaaaaart.

Though yeah there is definitely some similarity to Freepers. Talking a big game about revolution and taking back what's theirs and as soon as something happens going "no that's not one of ours, how dare you suggest that. False flag!"

They also love false equivalencies as well.

"What? A GG said they wished someone would rape Woman X that's vaguely related to video games and posted her real name, phone number and home address? Well this tumblrette said because of the creepy sexiness of Quiet, Kojima shouldn't be allowed to make video games! Look at how monstrous the SJW are!!!
"

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

wallaka posted:

I really don't believe that trans fighters should be allowed. That early testosterone boost gives an undeniable advantage.

No, it only makes you taller/broader-shouldered. Consensus is that castration and a few years of female hormones completely revert any advantages in muscle mass and bone density. In fact transwomen are actually at a disadvantage because they have zero testosterone (I wonder if they'll get to take supplements like male athletes with testicular cancer can). Of course their fuckability (the true measure of the female athlete) is still rock-bottom so the point is moot

Needless to say if you're a transman forget about professional sports forever because all your testosterone comes from a bottle and good luck proving you aren't taking "too much". But if you're a transman you don't really exist anyway except as a theoretical construct to be used as a strawman/counterargument (like I just did)

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

hackbunny posted:

No, it only makes you taller/broader-shouldered. Consensus is that castration and a few years of female hormones completely revert any advantages in muscle mass and bone density. In fact transwomen are actually at a disadvantage because they have zero testosterone (I wonder if they'll get to take supplements like male athletes with testicular cancer can). Of course their fuckability (the true measure of the female athlete) is still rock-bottom so the point is moot

Needless to say if you're a transman forget about professional sports forever because all your testosterone comes from a bottle and good luck proving you aren't taking "too much". But if you're a transman you don't really exist anyway except as a theoretical construct to be used as a strawman/counterargument (like I just did)

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parinya_Charoenphol

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Wouldn't abnormal levels of testosterone come up in cheat testing? If its too high for the average genetic (better word?) male of their build, can't they just contact a doctor and lower the dosage until it's correct, which they should probably try and do anyway even if they don't have to get through anti cheat tests?

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment

twistedmentat posted:

They also love false equivalencies as well.

"What? A GG said they wished someone would rape Woman X that's vaguely related to video games and posted her real name, phone number and home address? Well this tumblrette said because of the creepy sexiness of Quiet, Kojima shouldn't be allowed to make video games! Look at how monstrous the SJW are!!!
"

I thought gamegaters were also literally guilty of aiding and abetting international terrorism. Or at least of harboring an rear end in a top hat who was aiding and abetting international terrorism.

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

... genetic (better word?) male..

Cisman—as opposed to tranman—is the common nomenclature.

Shayu
Feb 9, 2014
Five dollars for five words.
It doesn't matter because transmen are short and small so they can't play any sports that matter (baseball, football, basketball). However, they make good twinks for the same reason so it balances out.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
And again, the fuckability meter comes into play.

Shayu
Feb 9, 2014

Eponine posted:

And again, the fuckability meter comes into play.

What's this?

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Shayu posted:

However, they make good twinks for the same reason so it balances out.

hackbunny posted:

In fact transwomen are actually at a disadvantage because they have zero testosterone (I wonder if they'll get to take supplements like male athletes with testicular cancer can). Of course their fuckability (the true measure of the female athlete) is still rock-bottom so the point is moot.

How fuckable are trans athletes?

Shayu
Feb 9, 2014

Eponine posted:

How fuckable are trans athletes?

How is anyone more or less fuckable? Is not everyone as easily able to be hosed (or gently caress)? Unless I suppose the are deformed or disfigured and cannot penetrate or penetrated.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
You said trans men's (sometimes) smaller builds make them better twinks. And thus more fuckable by people who are into twinks. Stop being purposefully dense.

aardvaard
Mar 4, 2013

you belong in the bog of eternal stench

Klaus88 posted:

I thought gamegaters were also literally guilty of aiding and abetting international terrorism. Or at least of harboring an rear end in a top hat who was aiding and abetting international terrorism.

There was "Australi Witness" who was a gamergater who pretended to be a member of ISIS and became really popular despite being an American Jewish kid who was just "trolling."

Shayu
Feb 9, 2014

Eponine posted:

You said trans men's (sometimes) smaller builds make them better twinks. And thus more fuckable by people who are into twinks. Stop being purposefully dense.

I just say they make better twinks not more fuckable. I do not think a person can be more able or less able to gently caress because of masculine or feminine feature. Only less or more able to gently caress if they have two penis (twice as able to gently caress) or maybe have disfigured genitals (less able to gently caress). This is how I understand fuckable (combination of gently caress (act of sex) and able). I hope this has cleared any confusion you have.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

:yikes:

• Locked thread