Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

EightAce posted:

However Chris is totally confident and with a real spring in his step. The grunts are assuming he has secured major funding ?

coke?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

EightAce posted:

Friend of mine , fellow game dev , worked at Austin. Told me they brought forward the layoffs from Dec to Nov including his. Also said after Christmas there are some 'Shockingly' high profile leavers.
However Chris is totally confident and with a real spring in his step. The grunts are assuming he has secured major funding ?

So lesnick is leaving?

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
how much more major funding is needed? 100 million is not enough?

gipskrampf
Oct 31, 2010
Nap Ghost

Beet Wagon posted:

Is that quote real? Please don't be real.

"And interesting fact: Adolf Hitler helped his country trough great deppression, helped bringing order to country filled with political militias and streetfights..."

I mean yeah, I guess if define helping the economy as "cooking like... just all the books" and conveniently forget that the Nazis WERE most of the political militias.

Of course it is, since when do we have to invent stuff to demonize Start Citizen fans:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/159507/okey-it-is-bigger-deal-than-it-is-suppose-to-be

Though to be honest, the response in the thread is overwhelmingly negative.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

EightAce posted:

Friend of mine , fellow game dev , worked at Austin. Told me they brought forward the layoffs from Dec to Nov including his. Also said after Christmas there are some 'Shockingly' high profile leavers.

I hope he has and it's an evil publisher like EA or something. Shitizens would riot.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlmjfX_E_cQ

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

gipskrampf posted:

Of course it is, since when do we have to invent stuff to demonize Start Citizen fans:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/159507/okey-it-is-bigger-deal-than-it-is-suppose-to-be

Though to be honest, the response in the thread is overwhelmingly negative.

I am both happy and angry that basically every reply in that thread was "Get out of here you nazi."

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Is it confirmed that "going wide" is making the Star Citizen ap yet?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Man, that new Spiderman movie looks way better than the last one.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Berious posted:

It's always funny when shitizens get to interact with normies.
It's funny seeing them declaim anyone who has anything negative to say about Star Citizen as trolls or being associated with Derek Smart.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

EightAce posted:

The most positive "shocking" departure would be Sandi-- and I think we have seen several signs she is preparing to depart. She has an acting career to pursue. (Though I guess she's been pursuing it all along...)

The most negative "shocking" departure? Tony Z. is supposedly hanging on awhile. Mark Skelton would be a loss. I'm not really sure who else is visible enough to be shocking, and considered talented enough to be a real loss of they bolted...

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.

Chalks posted:

Naa, it hits their credit rating pretty hard and from what people have said they're basically running their business on credit at the moment.

In theory, a large enough proportion of chargebacks vs total sales could get them in trouble with their credit card processor, but in practice it's not difficult to avoid. Even sketchy asian internet storefronts have no problems maintaining their ability to process credit cards. It doesn't otherwise affect their credit rating, though, because a certain percentage of chargebacks/refunds are anticipated and considered within reason and CIG absolutely has the demonstrated resources to juggle accounts to make sure they have no issues on that front.

There was also a post earlier in the thread pointing out that even with liquid capital available, it's generally more common for businesses to run off of credit anyways rather than touch the liquid capital directly for transactions.

MrDorf
Apr 28, 2006

Grimey Drawer

G0RF posted:

The most positive "shocking" departure would be Sandi-- and I think we have seen several signs she is preparing to depart. She has an acting career to pursue. (Though I guess she's been pursuing it all along...)

The most negative "shocking" departure? Tony Z. is supposedly hanging on awhile. Mark Skelton would be a loss. I'm not really sure who else is visible enough to be shocking, and considered talented enough to be a real loss of they bolted...

Maybe they did find an investor and the first thing they're doing is "retiring" Chris to figurehead/head visionary status and bringing in some ball buster Producers and EPs.

Edit: Honestly if anyone actually DID invest in them at this point, I can't possibly imagine any deal that wouldn't be contingent on such a change.

MrDorf fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Nov 18, 2015

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
I will be genuinely disappointed if Chris gets away scott-free with all this bullshit. But the tears of SC die-hards will sate me either way.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
why would anyone invest in a game that has already sold 1 million copies? Like how many space games on the pc only sell upwards of 1 million copies? Nobody with a brain will invest in such a thing.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Yeah I don't think winning the streetfights and killing the the millitias with your own millitia really counts as being a peacemaker

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

EightAce fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Apr 7, 2016

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
Congrats, Bootcha. Wish I had sound on the work PC.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
It's me, I am the major investor

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Jst0rm posted:

why would anyone invest in a game that has already sold 1 million copies? Like how many space games on the pc only sell upwards of 1 million copies?

Wing commander 3. :v:

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Xaerael posted:

Incorrect. Rington's mint Marrakech green gunpowder, Birds of Paradise, or just the regular 1907 blend if you're feeling unadventurous are literally the kings of all teas. Loose is better than bagged, obv, made with a proper filter infuser.

srs post since im on a phone thats not cooperating, Rington have a legit website thats ships to the US? amazon has some 6 pack box set thats like $150, which is a bit rich for my blood right now for samples.

But, the price point reminded me of the Jasmine Pearl tea i used to drink. still my absolute favorite but way to pricey to buy normally since adagio's regular quality is pretty bad now.

edit: Congrats Bootcha! Now that your NDA is lifted, you should give us ALL THE JUICY INFOS! or not. Doesnt really matter. Just glad you managed to get your money back.

grimcreaper fucked around with this message at 21:10 on Nov 18, 2015

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Nothing is funnier than a dog in a formal outfit. Look it up on the internets.

peter gabriel posted:

It's me, I am the major investor

That's him with the money bags

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

What movie is this?

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?
star citizen exclusively on the xbone you heard it here first

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

Wafflz posted:

I really wish I had sound on my work pc right now.

And I wish I wasn't living in Germany, where the f*cking GEMA - the German PRS - is a more efficient firewall than the Chinese censorship :(

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Gerbil_Pen posted:

So lesnick is leaving?

I'll bet 50 bucks that Tony Z is leaving.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Bootcha posted:

Consider this my public statement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4-oHfJNrr0

I, under the name "Bootcha", an investor with Cloud Imperium Games from Nov 13, 2012 till today, have decided to part ways with Cloud Imperium Games. As such, my investment has been returned to me, as is, with no accumulated interest. I no longer have any remaining business, legal interest, or influential bearing with Cloud Imperium Games and their ongoing business operations, and they have no further obligations towards me.

My opinions have been public, honest, and within the terms of my NDA. I enjoyed helping Star Citizen however I could, and was blessed to meet and befriend so many passionate artists, engineers, and designers. However, this project no longer has need of me, nor I of it.

I would like to thank fuzzknot for giving me the kick in the rear end to get this exit ball rolling, Mr. Smart for being frank and open with me, many past and present CIG employees for talking to me, Ben Lesnick for giving me this opportunity in the first place, Imp Zone for shaking some sense into me, and the Goons as a whole for ruining everything.

I know Karl has to have commented on this at least 12 times by now, where the gently caress are they?

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Sarsapariller posted:

I'll bet 50 bucks that Tony Z is leaving.

The entire next great star marine judge panel

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

FrankieGoes posted:

I know Karl has to have commented on this at least 12 times by now, where the gently caress are they?
Last I checked, they Karl was still angry at Derek Smart and proud that CIG is obfuscating their finances with their profusion of companies.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Jst0rm posted:

why would anyone invest in a game that has already sold 1 million copies? Like how many space games on the pc only sell upwards of 1 million copies? Nobody with a brain will invest in such a thing.

Even well run companies can make bad decisions :shrug:

flamingdawg
May 25, 2006
For some reason I am delighted that Derek Smart loves Rowntree's Fruit Pastilles.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Einbauschrank posted:

And I wish I wasn't living in Germany, where the f*cking GEMA - the German PRS - is a more efficient firewall than the Chinese censorship :(

https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0BzEzMTasoDllTFpzYzRld016bVk&export=download

:cheat:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Just want to thank Bootcha for the new video.

I take it he's free from the curse now. What does it mean for the thread?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
Another company paying F42 staff would make sense, I wonder what the name of it is.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

EightAce posted:

Or the endgame is about to happen he's happy whatever shell company his Bro, Sandi and Lawyer are cooking up will come in and swoop all the motion studios. Finally, unburden by game making, he can continue his true passion.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
It ain't over till the fat man cries.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Cao Ni Ma posted:

Or the endgame is about to happen he's happy whatever shell company his Bro, Sandi and Lawyer are cooking up will come in and swoop all the motion studios. Finally, unburden by game making, he can continue his true passion.

He's going to be the next Serkis, minus the talent and know how.

Einbauschrank
Nov 5, 2009

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0BzEzMTasoDllTFpzYzRld016bVk&export=download

:cheat:

Thank you Topper, thanks to you I can see again.

As the brother of a SC survivor this thread gives me strength.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

AP posted:

It ain't over till the fat man cries.

I think lesnik is hate eating and thats why he keeps getting bigger. He knows he is fleecing the nerds just like him and can barely live with himself. Hoping for the day his bodies dies before the house of cards comes crumbling down, he shovels 10000 kcal a day of empty calories into his gizzard.

• Locked thread