Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Amergin posted:

Personally I would drop Washington and play QB keep-away, especially since Shorts is back and eating into Washington's workload PLUS Hoyer is still probably a week away from playing.

To be honest I don't think Spiller is the handcuff you want for Ingram, and Randle isn't enough of an OBJ replacement that you'd sit, say, Diggs for him IMHO. If there's truly nothing else on the WW for the first place team (as in, Bortles and Flacco are his best options) then I'd play keep-away.

I agree with this. The first place team streamed Cousins last week, which worked out fine, and he picked up Alex Smith for this week, which is always a total gamble. I'll just hoard QBs until someone gets hurt I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Got a trade proposal to swap Calvin Johnson for LeSean McCoy straight up. I assume this is definitely a "mash" but wanted some opinions. 10 team no PPR 4 bench etc.

My WRs: Megatron, Dez, Marshall, Allen Robinson, Donte Moncrief
My RBs: Ivory, Murray, Starks, Fat Eddie

Do it?

I'll be 8-3 after this week and locked for the playoffs.

ex post facho fucked around with this message at 21:14 on Nov 18, 2015

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
Go for it.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

How did you manage to draft Megatron AND Dez AND BMarsh?

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010

Hazo posted:

How did you manage to draft Megatron AND Dez AND BMarsh?

My guess would be Megatron in pick 8 or 9 of ten. Then Dez on the swing. Bmarsh fell because Jets

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
Bmarsh and DFree were probably the two best value picks of the draft this year. I think I'm repeating myself but I'm fine with saying it again.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Yep, pretty much exactly. I was first overall this year thanks to some horrible luck last season.

1: Eddie Lacy (:smithicide:)
20: Dez Bryant (:smith:)
21: Calvin Johnson
40: Carlos Hyde
41: Roethlisberger

I drafted Latavius Murray and Chris Ivory with the 80th and 81st overall picks. Marshall was drafted 113th and dropped.

I also picked up Tevin Coleman early and thought I was a smartypants to hold onto him after he got injured....welp.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

I'm shocked they both lasted through your first pick plus two rounds, although I remember the OBJ/Brown/TY/Green hype trains were pretty huge too.

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

a shameful boehner posted:

I also picked up Tevin Coleman early and thought I was a smartypants to hold onto him after he got injured....welp.

:(:respek::(

I got poo poo for holding onto Coleman from the Freeman owner in my work league. I hate it when the obnoxious "in hindsight I'm a genius" guy in the league hits gold.

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
I drafted Freeman and dropped him when it looked like Coleman was the #1 back. I dropped him right before Coleman got hurt and wasn't quick enough to pick him up off waivers because I thought he'd lose the job when Coleman came back.

The guy who grabbed him is #1 in the league now.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Epi Lepi posted:

I drafted Freeman and dropped him when it looked like Coleman was the #1 back. I dropped him right before Coleman got hurt and wasn't quick enough to pick him up off waivers because I thought he'd lose the job when Coleman came back.

The guy who grabbed him is #1 in the league now.

This is me. You're describing me.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Which team do you like better?

0.3 PPR

Team A:

quote:

QB: Tom Brady
WR: Antonio Brown
WR: Allen Robinson
RB: DeAngelo Williams
RB: Frank Gore
FLEX: LeGarrette Blount
TE: Tyler Eifert
DEF: Eagles

or

Team B:

quote:

QB: Tom Brady
WR: Allen Robinson
WR: John Brown or LaFell
RB: Todd Gurley
RB: DeAngelo Williams
FLEX: LeGarrette Blount
TE: Gronk
DEF: Rams

Marshmallow Blue
Apr 25, 2010
I'd lean B but both look pretty solid. I like Gurley lots more than Gore but Antonio Brown =[

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

LmaoTheKid posted:

Bmarsh and DFree were probably the two best value picks of the draft this year. I think I'm repeating myself but I'm fine with saying it again.

I think Fitzgerald and Woodhead are in the mix too. Dougie Martin was also had in late rounds a lot this year.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps

Marshmallow Blue posted:

I'd lean B but both look pretty solid. I like Gurley lots more than Gore but Antonio Brown =[

Exactly. Brown :(. Dude is the #1 WR and basically took off 2-3 weeks with Vick playing.

But, I have two offers on the table that would give me Team B if I accepted now.

It's also possible that the Flex could go from Blount to OBJ. But it remains to be seen.

If you guys aren't doing multi-tiered 3 way team trades without the other teams knowing, you're not doing fantasy football right :getin:

89 fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Nov 18, 2015

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

89 posted:

Exactly. Brown :(. Dude is the #1 WR and basically took off 2-3 weeks with Vick playing.

But, I have two offers on the table that would give me Team B if I accepted now.

It's also possible that the Flex could go from Blount to OBJ. But it remains to be seen.

If you guys aren't doing multi-tiered 3 way team trades without the other teams knowing, you're not doing fantasy football right :getin:

I don't like B. I don't like the drop from Antonio Brown and Allen Robinson to Allen Robinson and LaFell/J.Brown.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

quote:

Three San Francisco 49ers playmakers will return to practice on Wednesday.

"Everybody will be on the field today for practice," said Jim Tomsula to open his midweek press conference.

The coach did add the caveat that NaVorro Bowman will get his weekly day of rest.

That means that Anquan Boldin (hamstring) and Carlos Hyde (foot) will participate in Wednesday's session to a certain degree. Tramaine Brock (shin) will also rejoin the team after missing the Week 9 contest against the Atlanta Falcons.

Tomsula said that Hyde was in on Monday getting his foot evaluated and the training staff has deemed the injury healed enough for him to participate.

"We've stayed on our protocol with him, and we'll see where he's at this week," Tomsula said. "He'll be out on the field today."
Interesting. Someone dropped Hyde in my league and I picked him up hoping he gets back healthy for fantasy playoffs.

Piggles
Oct 10, 2006

Wilson with the Hail Mary to Tate!

SeannieDarko posted:

I don't like B. I don't like the drop from Antonio Brown and Allen Robinson to Allen Robinson and LaFell/J.Brown.

Another thing to consider is that you'd have two maybe three new England players. In the case Brady has a bad day your team is in a huge hole. Team A has more diversity with strong players.

Edit: forgot blount, 3 or 4 NE players.

Mr. BT
Oct 14, 2002
Best fill-in this week (all my QBs are dead or on bye):

Hasselbeck
Sanchez
Fitzpatrick

I'm also starting Romo. It's a 2 QB league, and I am currently rostering loving 4 of them (others are Big Ben, Brees and Luck).

Leaning towards Hasselbeck. Would have won last week if Hoyer hadn't thrown that pick. Or had, you know, played.

Jose Valasquez
Apr 8, 2005

In my infinite wisdom I have Ben Roethlisberger and Eli Manning both on bye this week
We have a 2QB cap, the available QBs are:
Alex Smith
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Jay Cutler
Jameis Winston
Tyrod Taylor
Brian Hoyer

Eli is the #4 QB and Roethlisberger has been great when he hasn't been hurt.
I have no idea what to do :negative:

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

GUISSEPPE PIZZAPIE posted:

I think Fitzgerald and Woodhead are in the mix too. Dougie Martin was also had in late rounds a lot this year.

IAWTP

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
So who else is starting Karlos Williams this week with me?

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

VietCampo posted:

12 team double flex league :hfive:

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

VietCampo posted:

I'm doing the McCoy-Karlos double start again!

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

I'm wishing nothing but the best for you guys starting KWill. I just cant justify sitting Miller or Gurley for him.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I went from starting a RB trio of Arian Foster, Le'veon Bell, and Lamar Miller to currently starting Lamar Miller, Jeremy Langford, and Karlos Williams.

Once Forte comes back i don't even know what i will do.

Quarterroys
Jul 1, 2008

I am seriously thinking about starting Matt Jones over Randall Cobb this week. Ugh.

I dont think i have the balls to do it, but ugh.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Christine Michael goes unclaimed on waivers.

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

Cervixalot posted:

I am seriously thinking about starting Matt Jones over Randall Cobb this week. Ugh.

I dont think i have the balls to do it, but ugh.

I'm starting Amendola over Cobb. :getin:

Nevhix
Nov 18, 2006

Life is a journey.
Time is a river.
The door is ajar.
Gotta love Dynasty leagues when people start trying to make a push, turned a huge massive trade that I think sets me up well for next year, $ after player names are keeper cost out of $250 next year.

Give:
Matt Jones (can't be kept)
C. West (can't be kept)
Jeremy Langford (can't be kept)
B. Cooks $25
Allen Robinson $25

Get:
Lamar Miller $20
Devonta Freeman $15
R. Cobb $35
TY Hilton $15

I'm out of the playoff race this year, so having two talented young runners and a top 15 dynasty WR seemed good for really only giving up two WR's, although I will miss A-Rob

Edit: I will probably ditch Cobb this offseason.

Nevhix fucked around with this message at 00:48 on Nov 19, 2015

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

LmaoTheKid posted:

Christine Michael goes unclaimed on waivers.

As it should have been in fantasy leagues this year.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Spoeank posted:

As it should have been in fantasy leagues this year.

C Mike and Sims will lead the worthy to championships next year

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

old dog child posted:

C Mike and Sims will lead the worthy to championships next year

Zach Zenner in the flex and Kyle Rudolph at TE.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Spoeank posted:

Zach Zenner in the flex and Kyle Rudolph at TE.

The stuff dreams are made of.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

VietCampo posted:

In a 20 team league, me. It's either him or Denard Robinson in my RB slot, so.....

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Would it be doing too much to start Allen Robinson and hurns this week?

365 Nog Hogger
Jan 19, 2008

by Shine

RBX posted:

I think they're both solid options.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
Yahoo standard 0 PPR

ROS would you prefer any of these over Duke Johnson?:

Vereen
Abdullah
Arrington
Riddick
Draughn
Cobb

My other RBs are McCoy, Forte & Chris Johnson

Also, Doug Baldwin or Pierre Garcon ROS?

Cat Hassler fucked around with this message at 02:24 on Nov 19, 2015

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

RBX posted:

I've been doing this for the past few weeks in 2 leagues and never have any regrets.

They are both currently top 13 WR's in half PPR by averages. They have a combined 14 touchdowns in 9 games with Arob averaging 11 targets and Hurns averaging 8-9. The touchdown upside alone makes them viable WR's even in standard.

I'd be starting them both every week unless you have other surefire options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Little Kielbasa
Mar 29, 2001

and another thing: im not mad. please dont put in the newspaper that i got mad.
Which of these 3 running backs should I try to trade for (standard scoring): McFadden, Miller, McCoy. Note that the McCoy trade would help someone I'm fighting for a playoff spot with. Leaning toward McFadden over Miller on the theory that Romo will help open some holes. Also his schedule seems a little easier. McCoy seems riskier than either, but with more potential upside.

Things seemed so great on the RB front back when I had Bell and Randle starting :(

• Locked thread