Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
They're also one of the oldest Dragon Ball sites still in operation. I can excuse some of the ego, because they usually have the goods to back it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

Ytlaya posted:

If the DBZ characters were really as fast as they should be (given that Goku/Piccolo were already moving too fast to see in their first fight), each battle would basically just be a loud popping sound.

That is what happens. Only people as fast can see it, for the most part. That was shown like 20 different times. Only time regular people see anything is the tournaments and they normally see the result of an action and not the action when people are going all out. Oh, and Mr. Satan because he's the best fighter.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

So we know most of team Universe 7 now:

Goku
Vegeta
Piccolo
Buu
The mysterious strongest person Beerus ever fought, who isn't Whis

Some more funny things in there:

Vegeta suggested putting Gohan on the team because he has the most potential, but Goku says all Gohan wants to do is study now and not fight, and to just let him do that and not get involved. Vegeta made it so the tournament needs people to pass a written test to join so that mindless monsters don't join. And it has Budokai rules.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Raxivace posted:

I find them and that site really frustrating because they're incredibly knowledgeable about Dragon Ball and the history of the franchise, and yet at the same time they come off as kind of elitist about Dragon Ball of all things.

Yeah; and they're incredibly anti-dub. To the point of saying stuff like "well, we'd talk about the dub cast, but if you're listening to us, you obviously watch Dragonball subtitled" and talking down to dub-watchers directly on their forums.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Darko posted:

Goku
Vegeta
Piccolo
Buu

Vegeta suggested putting Gohan on the team because he has the most potential, but Goku says all Gohan wants to do is study now and not fight, and to just let him do that and not get involved. Vegeta made it so the tournament needs people to pass a written test to join so that mindless monsters don't join. And it has Budokai rules.

Is... is Piccolo actually going to be relevant again?

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Pureauthor posted:

Is... is Piccolo actually going to be relevant again?

No

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Darko posted:

Goku
Vegeta
Piccolo
Buu

...Okay that actually annoyed me a bit. I'm glad Piccolo is in but you can't just take Gohan out of it, he's loving Gohan! The guy who beat Cell! The main character during important parts of Z! The strongest being alive on Earth at the end of Z! I get that Toriyama really hates Gohan now, but this is just...

You can't make Gohan the new Yamcha, seriously. This is just wrong. And loving Buu instead of him is ridiculous. I don't care if there's an explanation in-manga, it's still bad writing. Even moreso when Vegeta is absolutely right.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Darko posted:

Goku
Vegeta
Piccolo
Buu

If they need to pass a written test, then how can Goku join?

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

The current lineup works for the funniest interactions, really.

Darko
Dec 23, 2004

mabels big day posted:

If they need to pass a written test, then how can Goku join?

He can probably write his name. And Mr. Satan can teach Buu, which is hilarious.

The idea there is to make sure the tournament has a bunch of people that can all actually interact, I think. No Kid Buus or Yakons or Janenbas; everyone can have dialogue and communicate.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Having read the details of the full chapter, I'm definitely looking forward to the whole arc when it comes up, it sounds fun.

Tights and Jaco are hanging around/showing up for the first time!

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
I don't know. Gohan has always been reluctant fighter whose just wanted a clam, quiet, and normal life. Goku letting him not get pulled in the insane, endless battle of his life is good parenting.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST

Blaze Dragon posted:

...Okay that actually annoyed me a bit. I'm glad Piccolo is in but you can't just take Gohan out of it, he's loving Gohan! The guy who beat Cell! The main character during important parts of Z! The strongest being alive on Earth at the end of Z! I get that Toriyama really hates Gohan now, but this is just...

You can't make Gohan the new Yamcha, seriously. This is just wrong. And loving Buu instead of him is ridiculous. I don't care if there's an explanation in-manga, it's still bad writing. Even moreso when Vegeta is absolutely right.

Well, by Resurrection 'F' he's reduced back to SSJ1. Buu would stomp all over him without trying.

Furthermore, this isn't that serious a deal. Even if they lost the only thing that changes is Champa gets jurisdiction of Earth instead of Beerus, and he's not gonna destroy it either given how much he loves the food too. Gohan might not see the big deal.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Yeah, Big Green is back in action! Good thing he got all that training from beating up a good part of Freeza's army.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

I'm glad that his chumpness is now canon and acknowledged in universe, I think it's good.

E: also I'm not sure, Is the tournament being held on Earth 6? If not, a good cover would be leaving Gohan as a home guard against any non-cosmic threats that crop up during.

projecthalaxy fucked around with this message at 18:53 on Nov 18, 2015

Professor Wayne
Aug 27, 2008

So, Harvey, what became of the giant penny?

They actually let him keep it.
Honestly haven't watched Super past the first few episodes. But I'm glad Piccolo is tagging along for the tourney. Maybe he'll absorb Dende on his way off planet and become relevant again.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Professor Wayne posted:

Honestly haven't watched Super past the first few episodes. But I'm glad Piccolo is tagging along for the tourney. Maybe he'll absorb Dende on his way off planet and become relevant again.

That would be rad, especially since it would conceivably make him something that the show has to my knowledge never had- a sort of combat medic able to both fight and heal.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Can definitely say I prefer having Piccolo on the team instead of a third saiyan.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Do we know anything about Beerus's ringer? I hope it's Super Janemba.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

projecthalaxy posted:

I'm glad that his chumpness is now canon and acknowledged in universe, I think it's good.

E: also I'm not sure, Is the tournament being held on Earth 6? If not, a good cover would be leaving Gohan as a home guard against any non-cosmic threats that crop up during.

Actually it's poo poo just like Super

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!
If it's Frieza, press-ganged into helping out, I'll be so amused.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

projecthalaxy posted:

Do we know anything about Beerus's ringer? I hope it's Super Janemba.

Watch it be Arale.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
I think you guys are missing one huge bonus that comes from that team composition. Mr. Buu is most definitely going to have Mr. Satan in his corner, like his own Doc Louis. Only he'll get to brag that his disciple is the one who saved earth.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Mr. Buu is going to be great

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Piccolo and Mr. Buu are an entirely welcome surprise. This whole thing really does feel like the Fortune Teller Baba pseudo-Tournament again, which is great.

Puar should be fighter again just for the hell of it! How many people even remember that Puar has fought battles before lol.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
I'm not even sure what gender Puar is, I sure as hell don't remember them fighting.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

The manga sounds like it'll be really good, really excited to see Piccolo and Buu get action alongside Goku and Vegeta, it's too bad we won't see it in anime form until like March or so :smith:

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I kinda get the feeling the anime is starting the Champa/Vados plot during Resurrection F, based on them initially showing up at the same time as Frieza's soldiers.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Momomo posted:

I'm not even sure what gender Puar is, I sure as hell don't remember them fighting.

Male

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

this actually sounds good. I can't wait to see how toei fucks it up.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

Female

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Typical goon

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

http://dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Puar

Race
Animal Type Earthling[1] (possibly some type of cat

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Wasn't Goku suppose to be the strongest guy that ever fought Beerus?

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer

Kild posted:

Wasn't Goku suppose to be the strongest guy that ever fought Beerus?

This is it, man. EVIL Goku

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Blueper Saiyan Turles here we go guys get ready guys

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Watch Buu get disqualified right before his match, only for Mr. Satan to have to take his place.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

bobjr posted:

Watch Buu get disqualified right before his match, only for Mr. Satan to have to take his place.

That would actually be pretty boring.

Farecoal
Oct 15, 2011

There he go

TheKingofSprings posted:

That would actually be pretty boring.

satan buu potara fusion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.