Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Move New York from "hope it all goes away" to "told ISIS to gently caress off" (with bonus New Jersey slam)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
The Statue of Liberty gets to keep its plaque.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

Combed Thunderclap posted:

Amusingly enough, Reagan was the one who signed the bill that finally gave Japanese camp survivors reparations (over his and Republican objections, of course, since federal spending :supaburn:), and ol' HW held a nice big ceremony to present the survivors with their checks.

And W singed the 2006 Voting Rights act that passed the seat 96-0, it's a crazy time man.

MechanicalTomPetty
Oct 30, 2011

Runnin' down a dream
That never would come to me

Maybe america isn't completely hosed after all? :unsmith:

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

With the rise in Islamophobic anti-refugee sentiment being parroted by Republican politicians and voters, the part of the election cycle in which I fear the idea of a GOP President so badly that I would vote for literally anybody else has come early. I think I'm almost ready to embrace the inevitability of a Clinton nomination.

Radbot
Aug 12, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

MechanicalTomPetty posted:

Maybe america isn't completely hosed after all? :unsmith:

Well, considering this was like 1/20th of the casualties of 9/11 and happened in France, let's not congratulate ourselves too much. If another 9/11 happened right now, I'd immediately toxx on the vast majority of Americans supporting internment camps.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

In uplifting news Jeb's campaign has spent $20m on TV ad buys, twice as much as any other campaign or PAC.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Clearly the real money in this country is in producing conservative media. What have I been doing with my life? :cripes:

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

GlitchThief posted:

With the rise in Islamophobic anti-refugee sentiment being parroted by Republican politicians and voters, the part of the election cycle in which I fear the idea of a GOP President so badly that I would vote for literally anybody else has come early. I think I'm almost ready to embrace the inevitability of a Clinton nomination.

Seriously. There is no GOP candidate that I would ever vote for, even if Clinton was (or is) the alternative. I can't see how any sane American with a conscious could either, but hey, America V:smith:V

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Radbot posted:

Well, considering this was like 1/20th of the casualties of 9/11 and happened in France, let's not congratulate ourselves too much. If another 9/11 happened right now, I'd immediately toxx on the vast majority of Americans supporting internment camps.

oh of course. if another 9/11 super event happens, I am pretty sure the GOP will win the white house.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
I too believe most Americans are conscious democrats and unconscious republicans

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

a shameful boehner posted:

Clearly the real money in this country is in producing conservative media. What have I been doing with my life? :cripes:

Since Citizen's United, commercial demand preceding elections has skyrocketed. My advice: invest in media companies to post record earnings based upon dark money. It's worked every 2 years since CU.

Something Else
Dec 27, 2004

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Thump! posted:

Seriously. There is no GOP candidate that I would ever vote for, even if Clinton was (or is) the alternative. I can't see how any sane American with a conscious could either, but hey, America V:smith:V

Fortunately Donald Trump will be running 3rd party

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Obama said he'd veto McCaul's refugee bill.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

zoux posted:

Not for long.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
NEW: President Obama threatens to veto House GOP refugee bill -@ABCPolitics
https://twitter.com/ABC/status/667105837006106624

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Ben Carson can't locate New England.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004

MariusLecter posted:

Both parties are the same, I for one will be sitting out 2016 out.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

MariusLecter posted:

the comments :yikes:

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

lol

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Winkie01 posted:

Both parties are the same, I for one will be sitting out 2016 out.

Take a deep breath.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory/obama-vows-veto-bill-increasing-screening-refugees-35290579

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Psshaw, dummies. DHS handles refugee intake, not DOJ.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

nachos posted:

So the Republican primary season is funny because lol republicans what will they say next but I think I want off this train now

Yeah, this is just no longer fun for some reason.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

I give up. This country is hosed forever. We will never learn. I await the glorious nuclear fire of President Trump.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Sorry, but this crazy train has no brakes

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Employees at GTM Discount General Stores on Corporate Center Drive in San Diego were evacuated today due to a "mountain lion" attack. Here is shocking footage of the beast:

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

He gone. :fork:

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

zoux posted:

In uplifting news Jeb's campaign has spent $20m on TV ad buys, twice as much as any other campaign or PAC.
So we're up to 1/5 of that mystical $100 million dollars spent, and Jeb! is polling at 3% to 6%.

I'm sure it'll start working any day now.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

Trump is clowning on other candidates a lot less, which is also making it less fun.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Joementum posted:

Employees at GTM Discount General Stores on Corporate Center Drive in San Diego were evacuated today due to a "mountain lion" attack. Here is shocking footage of the beast:

Aww what a cute widdle mountain lion.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Clearly just another terrorist immigrant slipping through our unguarded border.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

does the bill actualy just want screen the refugees or is it a complete stop to them forever. because i am ok with screening and vetting if done properly, but thats for all immigrants. I am sure its the latter, but just curious.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

fade5 posted:

So we're up to 1/5 of that mystical $100 million dollars spent, and Jeb! is polling at 3% to 6%.

I'm sure it'll start working any day now.

How exciting!

quote:

Trump is clowning on other candidates a lot less, which is also making it less fun.

Hmm, despite his long anti-Carson rant from the other day, would say the energy levels of his campaigning are lowering? :getin:

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Hmm, despite his long anti-Carson rant from the other day, would say the energy levels of his campaigning are lowering? :getin:

This is the one-liner Rubio uses right before Unleashing Chang.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Captain_Maclaine posted:

More that they're being re-directed into things that aren't funny to laugh about. Trump's beating the anti-refugee/anti-immigrant/anti-Muslim drum harder now, and it's not fun to know that so much of America unironically agrees with him.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

fade5 posted:

More that they're being re-directed into things that aren't funny to laugh about. Trump's beating the anti-refugee/anti-immigrant/anti-Muslim drum harder now, and it's not fun to know that so much of America unironically agrees with him.

Yeah I know, I just wanted to make a "low energy" joke which is a lot less depressing. :sigh:

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

So apparently all those governors refusing, and mayors refusing actually amounted to something, and it wasn't enough that there was federal supremacy? I'm disappointed, the most Obama can do is threaten a veto of a racist bill. :smith:

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

FAUXTON posted:

Aww what a cute widdle mountain lion.
They should be called hill kitties.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Dave Brat thinks the House refugee bill isn't conservative enough, because of course.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Nonsense posted:

So apparently all those governors refusing, and mayors refusing actually amounted to something, and it wasn't enough that there was federal supremacy? I'm disappointed, the most Obama can do is threaten a veto of a racist bill. :smith:

Well a Kentucky lawmaker already threatened to keep them out with the National Guard so uh I don't think they'll want to press the issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Captain_Maclaine posted:

Yeah I know, I just wanted to make a "low energy" joke which is a lot less depressing. :sigh:
In retrospect I should have gone along with the joke, we need some funny right now.

Unfortunately, Trump simply does not do low energy; even Trump as a reanimated zombie would still move faster and have more energy than Jeb!

• Locked thread