Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FilthIncarnate

Weird owl has life all figured out

Don't cry for him, Argentina.

The truth is he never left you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Yeah he's right I'm kinda hosed.

----------------

drilldo squirt

To be fair though being sandwiched between you two made Atlantis needing to recover the only good chance I had to attack. If I attacked him your undead monkey dudes would have attacked from behind.

----------------

FilthIncarnate

drilldo squirt posted:

To be fair though being sandwiched between you two made Atlantis needing to recover the only good chance I had to attack. If I attacked him your undead monkey dudes would have attacked from behind.

I honestly would have been a fair ally to you, and if we'd gone to war with Pomp and won you would've gotten the lion's share of his lands, which might have given you the economic edge you'd need.

but as me getting caught with my pants down demonstrated I'm a total idiot, and you had no way of knowing that.

FilthIncarnate

You did get stuck in a tough place geographically.

i got lucky both in that I was at the north pole and that Demongoattoad basically didn't play, letting me scoop up his lands.

FilthIncarnate

Mostly I just wanted to make friends

;_;

FilthIncarnate

Great; now here comes Pomp to put me down with what my scouts tell me is an army of "180 units, mostly made up of Cardaces and Mystics. Sometimes an Icarid could be seen flying over the army."

A) it's great to be fighting someone who I can actually scout (DRILLDOOOO :argh:)

B) I'm assuming you're going to fight me like you fought Atlantis, using your spearmen to block and your Icarids to piss me off while your blob of mages Vulcan mindmeld with each other to shoot bigger fireballs and make it rain comets and poo poo, but just to make sure we'll poke this army with a few hawks and see what a battle looks like.

I'm actually curious as to how much you have of what; I know you potentially have shitloads of battlemages, and you've had plenty of turns to rebuild Icarids after that nasty Atlantis battle.

So this will be interesting for everyone! :)

FilthIncarnate

This is the weirdest loving game.

I just lost a major battle I thought I'd probably win and won a major battle I thought I'd probably lose, with practically identical armies.

For the peanut gallery, Drildo's last major army that doesn't consist of flying chaff backed by a dragon-god is really, really good at resisting demons; he's encroaching into the heartland and doing a pretty good job at keeping me from rejecting him.

Plus the strategy I pulled last time won't work again, so I'll have to figure out something else.

Pomp, on the other hand, thought he'd be sneaky and sent a frankly ridiculous number of spearmen through the ocean (which I didn't know he could do) using some magic barrels (?) that let them breathe somehow. This caused me a huge amount of concern and I redirected a whole bunch of undead to preserve my control over the oceans.

But then he ran into, like, a small expansion squad that was cleaning up Drildo's western flank and absolutely got his clock cleaned by unsupported demons in melee combat; no prisoners, no survivors.

I'm in a bit of a strange spot fighting what I think is now a three-front war (would have been four, had pomp not lost that battle) with varied and capable opponents, meaning I'm going to have trouble pooling my resources to deal with any one front individually.

After the collapse of Drildo's western flank, he's decided to go guerilla, summoning armies of man-sized semi-intelligent birds to do his fighting for him.

This is all very frustrating but I must admit that I'm having a great time.

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy
i thought htose barrels would let me brink in like 100 mages too, but it turns out that water breathing items only apply to units under a commanders control, so i've got to stick to the land, and also carcadces are really bad lmao :arghh:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

drilldo squirt

On my front I might not be as hosed as I think if this thing I'm doing works out well.

----------------

drilldo squirt

It's a good fuckin thing just fyi.

----------------

drilldo squirt

Also just a heads up but AI Atlantis has an insane amount of summoned crap at their capital.

----------------

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy
yeah it's really funny

----------------

FilthIncarnate

drilldo squirt posted:

On my front I might not be as hosed as I think if this thing I'm doing works out well.

OHHH SHIIIIIIIIT

;_;

drildo all i wanted was to be friendsssssss

FilthIncarnate

Well.

I don't know if I can make this two-on-one work out in my favor but I'm determined to try.

I have like 700 undead who are half across the ocean anyway so I might as well bring them to the east.

Yo Pomp you know you could just make a whole bunch of lowlevel stuff like pills of air breathing/shamblerskin armor to move your mages, yeah?

FilthIncarnate

Alternatively, Pomp:

have you considered residency in the beautiful land of Tir 'na Nog?

It's a wonderful kingdom

lightly defended

beautiful climate

FilthIncarnate

And if you would just move your mage communion off my southwestern flank I would be able to finally butcher that loving don knotts

drilldo squirt

Don knots has done nothing wrong. Leave him alone.

----------------

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy

FilthIncarnate posted:

Well.

I don't know if I can make this two-on-one work out in my favor but I'm determined to try.

I have like 700 undead who are half across the ocean anyway so I might as well bring them to the east.

Yo Pomp you know you could just make a whole bunch of lowlevel stuff like pills of air breathing/shamblerskin armor to move your mages, yeah?

the cost reward ratio on that is all hosed when i'm trying to move close to 100 of them

----------------

FilthIncarnate

drilldo squirt posted:

Don knots has done nothing wrong. Leave him alone.

Don Knotts is a coward and a traitor and I hope my monkeys gnaw on his bones.

FilthIncarnate

Pomp posted:

the cost reward ratio on that is all hosed when i'm trying to move close to 100 of them

Side note: wouldn't most of the evocations you've been using not work underwater?

FilthIncarnate

wait hold on

100 mages?

how are you surviving economically? you

ohhh you took an earth snake with basically no magic and good scales.

still you must be spending an insane amount on upkeep each turn, no?

FilthIncarnate

I would like to emphasize again that this is a very strange game.

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy

FilthIncarnate posted:

wait hold on

100 mages?

how are you surviving economically? you

ohhh you took an earth snake with basically no magic and good scales.

still you must be spending an insane amount on upkeep each turn, no?

mystics are really cheap, and my cap only STR Oreiad is of dubious use in big numbers

----------------

FilthIncarnate

Pomp

come back

there's something my zombies want to ask you

why are you running away

FilthIncarnate

Pomp posted:

mystics are really cheap, and my cap only STR Oreiad is of dubious use in big numbers

Yeah that probs makes sense

if I totaled up all my low-level mages I might have close to that number

I definitely have that many lowlevel priests.

FilthIncarnate

But in all seriousness being the last person to submit a turn

very carefully arranging a battle plan, scripting units, and laying plans

hitting "send"

waiting for the turn to resolve

and seeing that the battle didn't even happen because pomp retreated?

:negative:

why you gotta cocktease filthincarnate like that

drilldo squirt

FilthIncarnate posted:

OHHH SHIIIIIIIIT

;_;

drildo all i wanted was to be friendsssssss

Give me everything to the east of that mountain with the cave in it and I'll leave you with my castle and that western spot.

----------------

FilthIncarnate

drilldo squirt posted:

Give me everything to the east of that mountain with the cave in it and I'll leave you with my castle and that western spot.

Let me think about it.

FilthIncarnate

How far north are we talking?

FilthIncarnate

God, this brinksmanship poo poo is nerve-wracking.

The good news is I can probably remake each of the three huge and expensive armies I might lose right now in pretty short order.

The bad news is I don't know if I could remake them twice.

FilthIncarnate

Also: so is Atlantis loose again now or?

how and why did that happen

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy
ai makes like 5000 bad summons and then you have to deal with random bad attacks constantly

----------------

FilthIncarnate

Pomp posted:

ai makes like 5000 bad summons and then you have to deal with random bad attacks constantly

what about your invincible earth snake

fake edit: it's a bummer that Atlantis went to AI so soon. In the current climate of turmoil he really would have had a chance at getting back in the game.

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy
earth snake loses real bad to mindless units, because he can't scare them away

----------------

drilldo squirt

Pomp posted:

It's pissing me off since they summon them right next to my cap.

----------------

drilldo squirt

Well I'm super hosed, guess I'm gonna go ai soon.

----------------

Pomp

by Fluffdaddy
this...

the true dominions experience.

----------------

dogcrash truther
this thread brings a smile to my face, just people having a good time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

drilldo squirt

I don't know man I mean maybe I can salvage it but I just lost my god to fatigue, I have one castle left and no real army.

----------------

• Locked thread