Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

I'm sure the American voting public will be able to make a nuanced distinction between ffffffff hahahahahahah

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

fade5 posted:

I have discovered something amazing, I have discovered that Wikipedia has a picture of Donald Trump's comb-over from behind:

whoa, if true!

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I don't get why the pro-life movement dies on this hill. I can understand abortion(dead babies etc) but people like terrie arnt even living really. stuff like zombaby or those kids who are born so profoundly mentally disabled that all they can do is be vegetables and are in constant pain isnt living. keeping that corpes girl alive because "she might get better because some scumfuck righ wing lawyer told me." isnt rational. idk. i mean gently caress they are still at it. https://www.facebook.com/keepJahiMcmathonlifesupport/

Hey this is sad! Don't post said poo poo in this fun thread.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

Pinterest Mom posted:

John Connally spent 11 million in 1980 (~32 million in 2015 dollars) to get a single delegate~

Jeb! only needs four or five delegates to beat him.

Interesting that it should be John Connally who proves that there are no magic bullets, not even money.

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

fade5 posted:

I have discovered something amazing, I have discovered that Wikipedia has a picture of Donald Trump's comb-over from behind:

When Trump sees this there will be hell toupee

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

memy posted:

When Trump sees this there will be hell toupee

this is great

even greater though was the comical ali/gaseous clay pun earlier tbh

vv im just said i didnt quote it sorry to wrap you up in my failure

oystertoadfish fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Nov 19, 2015

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

oystertoadfish posted:

even greater though was the comical ali/gaseous clay pun earlier tbh

That's true

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich
America is becoming more conservative.

Future policies will probably be more conservative and less experimental.

Proactive conservative policy implementation is the name of the new politics.

Politicians' actions are predictable.

Government intervention to merely influence ideas is unacceptable to the American public because it does not go far enough.

Republican policies will be determined on the basis of how the government will change and influence communities. Anything that influences how individuals interact with their community or government will be rejected as being a "government intervention".

As a politician, Trump understands this and has been staying away from promoting policies which have direct impacts on individuals.

Americans hate anything that involves telling them what to do.

Prove me wrong.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

points 5 and 8 are contradictory qed

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

oystertoadfish posted:

Are you a Republican?

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

My Imaginary GF posted:

Are you a Republican?

not in the present

past, yes. future?

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

oystertoadfish posted:

How are they contradictory? You can influence ideas while meeting a larger goal, like, say, making some gently caress'n money, putting millions to work, and cutting the national deficit.

oystertoadfish posted:

not in the present

past, yes. future?

I just don't know how you're going to win a primary with that attitude.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

My Imaginary GF posted:

How are they contradictory? You can influence ideas while meeting a larger goal, like, say, making some gently caress'n money, putting millions to work, and cutting the national deficit.

I just don't know how you're going to win a primary with that attitude.

1. you want to yank the levers of american federal policy to achieve predetermined goals just like any good policy wonk, but you want some of your lever-yanks to be labeled as 'influencing' - but not 'not far enough' - and others to be labeled as 'telling americans what to do'. i don't see the essential difference between 'not not far enough' influence and 'telling americans what to do' - i see only a rhetorical difference. does the opposing party violate the constitution? do you? are you both not playing by the same rules? is this answer up to us to litigate through rhetoric? if that's all we're doing, it's in the eye of the beholder and it's just a difference of labeling

edit: is it just that the policy changes republicans like are 'not not far enough influence' and the policy changes democrats like are 'telling americans what to do?' i see the 'community' language in your post but i don't buy the distinction. 'anything that influences how individuals interact with their community or government'? republicans don't propose anything that impacts anything about how individuals interact with their community or government? i don't buy the distinction

2. its true that im not standing for election in any primaries this cycle

oystertoadfish fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Nov 19, 2015

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
This making the rounds:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYOFyYMegFU

Dana Bash calling Ted Cruz out on being the hypocritical son of a Cuban refugee.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

Montasque posted:

This making the rounds:

Dana Bash calling Ted Cruz out on being the hypocritical son of a Cuban refugee.

Good.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

My Imaginary GF posted:

Are you talking about "American" as in American people or government? Because thinking the average American citizen is becoming more conservative is laughable.

William Bear
Oct 26, 2012

"That's what they all say!"

Montasque posted:

This making the rounds:

He kind of evaded the question. Just redirected it to "defining what we're fighting".

His plan to defeat ISIS is great. It's like what Obama's doing now, but he will say "Radical Islam". He says it a few times in the interview. "Radical Islam". "Radical Islam". "Radical Islam".

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

Carson is really losing steam now, so it looks like the media barrage is having some effect after all. Trump, Rubio, Cruz could be the top three going into the primaries.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Phlegmish posted:

Carson is really losing steam now, so it looks like the media barrage is having some effect after all. Trump, Rubio, Cruz could be the top three going into the primaries.

That makes sense, since each one is the strongest representative of a segment of the field.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Montasque posted:

So far two protestor disruptions. Cops just lead a very large man out.

Now the crowd is chanting USA! USA! USA!

this country is piss

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

My Imaginary GF posted:

Future policies will probably be more conservative and less experimental.

Proactive conservative policy implementation is the name of the new politics.

Politicians' actions are predictable.

Government intervention to merely influence ideas is unacceptable to the American public because it does not go far enough.

Republican policies will be determined on the basis of how the government will change and influence communities. Anything that influences how individuals interact with their community or government will be rejected as being a "government intervention".

As a politician, Trump understands this and has been staying away from promoting policies which have direct impacts on individuals.

Americans hate anything that involves telling them what to do.

Prove me wrong.

hey remember when your quote-unquote natural choice for the next president of the united states, rahm emmanuel, had to spend more money on his campaign than both contenders for the LA mayorship combined to beat a total nobody

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
migf you got the political acumen of a toaster strudel

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

fade5 posted:

what am i looking at

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Top City Homo posted:

what am i looking at

the next president of the united states

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Raskolnikov38 posted:

the next president of the united states

yikes

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Top City Homo posted:

what am i looking at

Donald Trump at Wrestlemania.

baw
Nov 5, 2008

RESIDENT: LAISSEZ FAIR-SNEZHNEVSKY INSTITUTE FOR FORENSIC PSYCHIATRY

quote:

On Bush, VanderSloot wrote, "it has become increasingly clear that Jeb simply does not have the leadership skills necessary to unite the people behind him. He has become one of the weaker candidates among a very capable field."

so do they actually believe this or does everyone just have to keep saying it to keep the whole thing from falling apart

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

baw posted:

so do they actually believe this or does everyone just have to keep saying it to keep the whole thing from falling apart

Probably a combination of both.

thethreeman
May 10, 2008
Fallen Rib

baw posted:

there have been a bunch of polls showing gop voters are far more satisfied/enthusiastic with their choices this year than in 2012, like 70%+ in this race

Corsair Pool Boy
Dec 17, 2004
College Slice

thethreeman posted:

there have been a bunch of polls showing gop voters are far more satisfied/enthusiastic with their choices this year than in 2012, like 70%+ in this race

I cannot express just how satisfied/enthusiastic I am about JEB!

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

thethreeman posted:

Compared to equal dates? I'm sure that that rate will go down significantly once the GOP settles on Rubio or Bush.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Mitt Romney posted:

once the GOP settles on Bush.
God that would be beautiful, I didnt realize how much I wanna see Jeb!'s sisyphean attempt to drag the base kicking and screaming to a victory in the general until now.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

oystertoadfish posted:

1. you want to yank the levers of american federal policy to achieve predetermined goals just like any good policy wonk, but you want some of your lever-yanks to be labeled as 'influencing' - but not 'not far enough' - and others to be labeled as 'telling americans what to do'. i don't see the essential difference between 'not not far enough' influence and 'telling americans what to do' - i see only a rhetorical difference. does the opposing party violate the constitution? do you? are you both not playing by the same rules? is this answer up to us to litigate through rhetoric? if that's all we're doing, it's in the eye of the beholder and it's just a difference of labeling

edit: is it just that the policy changes republicans like are 'not not far enough influence' and the policy changes democrats like are 'telling americans what to do?' i see the 'community' language in your post but i don't buy the distinction. 'anything that influences how individuals interact with their community or government'? republicans don't propose anything that impacts anything about how individuals interact with their community or government? i don't buy the distinction

2. its true that im not standing for election in any primaries this cycle

So long as you're an upstanding American, Republicans want to abolish government micromanagement of your life; Democrats like Bernie Sanders want to micromanage it more.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

What are the chances of a high-ranking member of Bush's campaign staff ever putting out a tell-all book? I really want to read the dirty of what's happening behind the scenes right now as reality sets in.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Jewel Repetition posted:

What are the chances of a high-ranking member of Bush's campaign staff ever putting out a tell-all book? I really want to read the dirty of what's happening behind the scenes right now as reality sets in.

Imagine if there was a documentary crew following him around like Romney.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

My Imaginary GF posted:

So long as you're an upstanding white American, Republicans want to abolish government micromanagement of your life unless you are a lady or a homo or a transgender or not a member of the mainline religions; Democrats like Bernie Sanders want to micromanage it more take all your money and give it to blacks, or possibly Mexicans.
As best as I can tell this is the actual message being transmitted.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

SnakePlissken
Dec 31, 2009

by zen death robot

And what do you get when you click the link in that picture?

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

AllanGordon posted:

That's kind of hosed up that you're implying that all slaves were criminals.

"Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction."

Ergo, slavery can exist after 1865, but only after found guilty in a court of law. For some reason, all sorts of new laws were put in place after 1865, fees and fines locking convicts in place for years or decades, etc etc. When Jim Crow ended, we kicked off the Drug War, and the convict slavery programs continue.

Source: Slavery by Another Name, The New Jim Crow.

edit: Look up pictures or information on Angola Prison sometime, you'll get a kick out of how we still have literal plantations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SMILLENNIALSMILLEN
Jun 26, 2009

Jewel Repetition posted:

Pretty good. Once the old man is gone they wont have to worry about the cia murdering them.

• Locked thread