Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

neonbregna posted:

Rest In Piss Lesnick I guess. Sandi will not abide the foul odors someone who can't wipe their own rear end put out.

She may try and look like a 'Thrift store' Lara croft and he may be an obese nerd ...with a sweet beard and flippers. I don't really care the fact is they clearly know absolutely sweet gently caress all about game dev from any standpoint. So why are they given air space to pontificate and display their utter lack of knowledge every week across actual, real loving internet shows and forums.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orions Lord
May 21, 2012

alphabettitouretti posted:

Why does the ship appear to be using a warp drive or otherwise moving very fast in the forward direction but also firing thrusters on top?

Derek what are your favourite TV shows?

If you like silly action movies you should watch Banshee. It has ultraviolent fight scenes with Amish gangsters. And lots of boobies. It rules.

Lots of boobies always rules, maybe it can safe sc if they implement it on all characters including the male ones.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

just like real life

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
I was banned from a few of their livestreams cause I asked Ben to show his tits. Lol.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Romes128 posted:

He's gonna rip his wc medallion off his neck and throw it on the ground. Lol
He's gonna get arrested for violently protesting the colour of Star War's arms on a cardboard standee at a Gamestop.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Wait so why is Bootcha so important the thread lore? I only vaguely recall playing Payday 2 (lol) with him so I dont know his significance here...

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Alan Smithee posted:

Wait so why is Bootcha so important the thread lore? I only vaguely recall playing Payday 2 (lol) with him so I dont know his significance here...

200,000 dollar investor.

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.
Joking aside this is going to make an epic movie in a few years time. A dark comedy

Directed by Danny Boyle

Willem Defoe as Sandi Gardiner
David Guest as Chris Roberts
Val Kilmer as Ben Lesnick
Rob Shnieder as James Pugh
Zack Gilafiniakis As Disco twat
Gary Oldman as himself

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
WTF Disco Lando is another weird webcam propagandist? I thought he a was a legitimate dev of some sort :psyduck:

I need to pay more attention.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Alan Smithee posted:

He gave cig enough money to buy maybe ten espresso machines then he got it back and because we are all full of malice we are celebrating their caffeine withdrawals

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

Anyone have the post where he heard about the Gizmondo connection?

Because that was glorious :allears:

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

TTerrible posted:

WTF Disco Lando is another weird webcam propagandist? I thought he a was a legitimate dev of some sort :psyduck:

For real how man fat neckbeard cheerleaders does one game need?

He also looks mean fat whereas Ben strikes me as jolly fat

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

alphabettitouretti posted:

Why does the ship appear to be using a warp drive or otherwise moving very fast in the forward direction but also firing thrusters on top?

unprecedented fidelity

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Bootcha posted:

I'd love to just sit down with the man and bullshit about the Washington Caps, the UT Origin archive project, borrow another season of Doctor Who on Blueray, chat up about Jodorowsky's Dune, or hell at the least catch him up on what's up with my life.

Jodorowsky's Dune and Croberts SC have a surprising number of parallels. Both sound awesome on paper and when talking to people about what could have been. If they legitimately tried to finish the film though, it'd be a hilarious train wreck of Star Citizen proportions.

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~

G0RF posted:

Oh yeah? Well what do you think about THIS, huh?!

(No seriously what the hell is this?)

Okay, kind of a serious question here. As someone who have absolutely no experience in game production or management in the gaming industry, and is basically someone from the outside looking in at this cult, I wonder why the developers spend time animating and making something like that? Isn't it better for such "fancy" animations to be made after the foundations have been made? It's like when you're trying to draw something and you start off by drawing all the incredibly small details instead of having an outline of what you're going to draw :psyduck:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

LowellDND posted:

200,000 dollar investor.

:stare: two hu

tw-tw-two hundr

two hunred

two hunred thousand

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Bootcha buddy ol pal can I come to your party mansion?

I'll bring Franklins BBQ

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Alan Smithee posted:

tw-tw-two hundr

two hunred

two hunred thousand

An actual investor though, not a nerd buying internet space ship jpgs. There were apparently several of them but now all(?) are gone. Bootcha was one of the last.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Alan Smithee posted:

tw-tw-two hundr

two hunred

two hunred thousand

Nobody but booch knows the amount. People were just guessing

He invested before it got this huge though when people thought an actual game was getting made and cig ended up buying out most of the investors when they became Oprah rich

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Romes128 posted:

Nobody but booch knows the amount. People were just guessing

He invested before it got this huge though when people thought an actual game was getting made and cig ended up buying out most of the investors when they became Oprah rich

was there no kill fee with it?

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Alan Smithee posted:

was there no kill fee with it?

He said he's still under NDA so we won't find out any details until cig implodes.

Barnsy
Jul 22, 2013

Stalins Moustache posted:

Okay, kind of a serious question here. As someone who have absolutely no experience in game production or management in the gaming industry, and is basically someone from the outside looking in at this cult, I wonder why the developers spend time animating and making something like that? Isn't it better for such "fancy" animations to be made after the foundations have been made? It's like when you're trying to draw something and you start off by drawing all the incredibly small details instead of having an outline of what you're going to draw :psyduck:

You're new to this thread, aren't you?

Gerblyn
Apr 4, 2007

"TO BATTLE!"
Fun Shoe

Stalins Moustache posted:

Lots of reasons:

1) The people who made that are probably not the same as the people who are working on the foundation stuff you refer to, so the 2 things don't interfere with each other.
2) These kinds of things are often made early on as experiments to see what looks good and what doesn't
3) Making fancy, flashing things can impress the public and encourage them to give you more money

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
They're selling jpegs

They're literally trying to see how much money they can get so they can release some semblance of a videogame and cr will fly away on a cloud made of coke and sc backers tears.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

that sure is grey and brown

the blandest art direction ever

Orions Lord
May 21, 2012
Does :lesnick: fly? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmD5w7z8iDk

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Like many autists chris is disturbed by lots of bright color. After redoing some poo poo from scratch for the tenth time the jpeg jockeys learn to keep it bland

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings
I've worked with someone like Ben before - I suspect he's not a bad guy, he's just too drat invested emotionally in this project - and being told by his hero how great he is and how much he's contributing - that he just doesn't have any perspective on how completely hosed the whole situation is.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Loiosh posted:

I'm so looking forward to those goons who are left running Auroras and stuff into Connies, Rets and Idris. It'll be hilarious.

It's kinda one of the reasons I signed up. I'd love to do that poo poo sometime.

If and when that happens it's gonna be great. That's why I'm really really hoping they figure out a way to make the big ships work. The fun will increase exponentially with the size of the autist's ship that you kamikaze.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Cuntpunch posted:

I've worked with someone like Ben before - I suspect he's not a bad guy, he's just too drat invested emotionally in this project - and being told by his hero how great he is and how much he's contributing - that he just doesn't have any perspective on how completely hosed the whole situation is.

that is the main ingredient of a Cult...

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Beet Wagon posted:

If and when that happens it's gonna be great. That's why I'm really really hoping they figure out a way to make the big ships work. The fun will increase exponentially with the size of the autist's ship that you kamikaze.

They haven't even finished all the small jpegs and tonight they're going to be pimping a new jpeg with completely novel mechanics they probably don't even have design docs for. Game doesn't real

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
I literally can not stop posting about star citizen

It is bad

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Berious posted:

They haven't even finished all the small jpegs and tonight they're going to be pimping a new jpeg with completely novel mechanics they probably don't even have design docs for. Game doesn't real

A new jpeg that costs THREE HUNDRED AND FIFTY DOLLARS.

I know the ridiculous prices are well known here (and I can't believe I'm saying this but $350 isn't even a lot for a premium space jpeg when you're talking about Star Citizen) but I feel the need to remind people about them whenever possible.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

Also that waiting hall design totally wasn't ripped from a mass effect 3 spaceport waiting hall whatsoever...

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

TTerrible posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8johEfRBLY

This impressed them so much they hired the guy and now he's in charge of all sorts of stuff.

EightAce
May 10, 2015

AP posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8johEfRBLY

This impressed them so much they hired the guy and now he's in charge of all sorts of stuff.

loving hell

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Ben was a dick on the forums to a lot of goons and enabled a lot of the SC community's worst behavior a couple years back, but he actually has pangs of conscience when other CIG employees get fired or suffer the bosses' wrath.

Disco Lando on the other hand really does not give a gently caress about any of those poor suckers lol

EightAce posted:

loving hell

now that's what I call standards

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Man, the sperghive is going loving nuts. I guess CIG shat out a patcher update or something and everyone is losing their minds over it.

The disappointment later today is going to be biblical.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Berious posted:

I literally can not stop posting about star citizen

It is bad

I know right? I make a boring post about consumer rights in EU and some guy on reddit tries to troll me about it. In doing so he manages to reveal he's a German Auditor who has spent thousands on jpgs while simultaneously posting as his son, daughter, wife, brother in law and is definitely not the same German Auditor angry posting at me here.

I mention it again and some guy who really likes elite dangerous rages at me for pages about how terribly upset I am.

There's just no way a potential Star Citizen game release can be as entertaining as when I plan to mention consumer rights in EU again, in 37 pages time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcjomar
Jun 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Beet Wagon posted:

The disappointment later today is going to be biblical.

"And Lesnick stretched out his hand over the brown sea; and the Croberts caused the brown sea to go back by a strong east wind all the night, and made the brown sea dry land, and the waters were divided."

mcjomar fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Nov 19, 2015

• Locked thread