Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat
I've tried to stop pacing three times now it isnt working so what i say is that if it isn't working don't fix it so hey here's to pacing. I knocked over a chair. A chyeah. Whatever. Chairs are for people who don't pace and that's not me. I'm not sure who it is. I'll have time to sit in a chair when I'm dead which will not ever happen even once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat
I stopped. I'm going to die. To not post.

That third thing is what scares me the most. What is it like to idle. To read and never post. I will soon learn. Good bye forever poundsign mafia. I'm going to sleep and then wake up and then post some more but not for a while. Maybe. Or I'll start pacing. I'm rocking back and forth now. My body and mind and soul want to pace but the Devil inside me tells me to stop and the Devil is way cooler than that Buddhist mind soul poo poo. Heavy metal will never die but we all will. Eventually.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
:stonk:

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Rip authorman

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

what the hell did I just come back to

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Honestly that sounded like an honest to god manic episode.

Authorman, when you wake up, you may want to consider talking to a doctor about what happened tonight. :ohdear:

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat
Well aren't you a bring down.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Authorman posted:

I probably should drink a bunch of rum and cokes and stay up til four am posting right now. gently caress work. gently caress it. I don't care. I can do whatever I set my mind to and my mind is set to destroying this beautiful blue marble some people call Earth. Mad villain. poo poo.

Poser. I don't need rum and coke to push to 4 am. That poo poo just comes naturally. :smuggo:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
australians and europeans join me in dubtrack for singer/songwriters of the 70s. I will be asleep in about two hours if all goes according to plan so this window of opportunity is closing fast.

https://www.dubtrack.fm/join/sa-wifom-omgus

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Good morning ma--

:stare:

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

ugh

can't sleep

throat is irritated so I cough constantly, irritating my throat and keeping me awake. I've already had cough syrup.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Kashuno posted:

Good morning ma--

:stare:

a schizoid slamcat i guess

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Looks like I shouldn't be throwing stones; I started crying in the bathroom at work today after my boss chewed me out.

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat

Poison Mushroom posted:

Looks like I shouldn't be throwing stones; I started crying in the bathroom at work today after my boss chewed me out.

I'm sorry to hear that. :(

Work eats. Having bosses eats. We should just farm and raise meat rabbits and chill 90% of our lives reading good books and telling jokes. Money is bullshit.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Authorman posted:

I'm sorry to hear that. :(

Work eats. Having bosses eats. We should just farm and raise meat rabbits and chill 90% of our lives reading good books and telling jokes. Money is bullshit.

That would be a bad idea.

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat
Well geez louise man, If I say I want to grow tomatoes will you provide some academic papers saying how eating exclusively tomatoes your entire life gives you inside out tummy? Obv in this fantasy I would eat more than just rabbits. It's called the store. poo poo. How have you missed the existence of Sheetz man.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

My question is how Grandi just knew about that off-hand.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Cannibalism from people who fail the thunderdome, obviously.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Poison Mushroom posted:

My question is how Grandi just knew about that off-hand.

My question is how you don't?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

chaoslord posted:

My aunt that works at nintendo

Thats a new take on the age old gambit

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

My 16 year old brother passed away this morning after a three and a half year battle with cancer. I want everyone to text or hug their siblings today.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Grandicap posted:

My question is how you don't?

:agreed:

I think I first learned that watching Survivorman.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

DuckHuntDog posted:

My 16 year old brother passed away this morning after a three and a half year battle with cancer. I want everyone to text or hug their siblings today.

That's awful, so sorry for your loss.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

DuckHuntDog posted:

I'm so sorry DHD, immediate family is always the hardest.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

JakeP posted:

Thats a new take on the age old gambit

She doesn't tell me any cool insider info, unfortunately

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

DuckHuntDog posted:

So sorry :(

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

DuckHuntDog posted:

Im so sorry to hear that DHD.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

DuckHuntDog posted:

Sorry to hear that. Shoot me a PM if there is anything my family might be able to help yall with. Cancer is the worst. Lost too many family members to it.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

DuckHuntDog posted:

That is the worst, I'm really sorry to hear that.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

DuckHuntDog posted:

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Hugs

Authorman
Mar 5, 2007

slamcat

DuckHuntDog posted:

Man. You've got all my sympathies. poo poo.

I'm not sure what is the worst stage of this kind of thing. The long slow decline where the person you knew changes into someone else, something else that becomes more disease than family. The brief upticks of hope that come and go so frequently you become jaded and bitter at even the mention of recovery. The sudden press of well-intentioned sympathy givers who push you at your weakest to remember and reminiscence when all you want is to return to anything resembling normalcy, any little busywork you can hide in to not think or feel.

I don't know which is the worst of these, but I do know that we all go through this. And from someone who already has, be strong. I'm rooting for you.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Poison Mushroom posted:

Is there anyone here in the auto repair industry? I've decided I want to look into becoming a mechanic as a career option, but I'm not really sure where to start.

Especially since I dropped out of college a few years back, so my total GPA is a terrible ruin. :v:

I'm not a mechanic but I think the easiest way to get started is just to go to a trade school. Then you get certified and hopefully get job placement assistance.

I should have done this a few years ago, although for me it was the idea of becoming an operating engineer. You know the one of the guys that drives around the bulldozers and backhoes and other cool heavy equipment.

You could also look into that as they will train you during an apprentice program through a union.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Also that really sucks about your brother DHD.

I'm sorry for your loss.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

DuckHuntDog posted:

My brothers both appreciated my randomly reaching out to them and I appreciate the reminder. I'm sorry you and your family are going through that and wish you the best.

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

DuckHuntDog posted:

My condolences. We were chatting about xmas the other day but I sent a txt anyway.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

DuckHuntDog posted:

I'm so sorry for your loss, DHD.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Aw geeze DHD. I wish you all the best in this troubled time. I can't imagine how hard this is for you and your family.

DuckHuntDog
May 13, 2004

Thanks for all the kind thoughts, and extra thanks to you who reached out to your own siblings. I am just glad I can be with my own family right now.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm sorry for your loss DHD, gently caress cancer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

bowmore posted:

gently caress cancer.