Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Brake pads and transmission fluid!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

SgtScruffy posted:

You fool! You take the cash back option, not the Amazon points! Then you get 3% off AGAIN when you buy off Amazon!

Speaking of that, I ordered a big tub of ovepriced protein powder on Amazon because I'm out. Hopefully buying 5 pounds of a flavor I've never tried (Cookies and Cream) doesn't turn out terrible.

My favorite flavors are extreme chocolate milk and vanilla ice cream, but they recently "improved" the vanilla one and now I find it disgusting.

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Sappo569 posted:

I quite like the strawberry, with milk it's just like a strawberry shake

Haven't bothered to try any other flavors yet, need a report on that one

ON used to sell a sampler pack that had like 16 flavors in a small amount - I have no idea why they don't sell this anymore because I feel like googling "Optimum Nu-" gives a million suggestions of "Optimum nutrition best flavor?" posts.

And I've also read people who are like "Cookies and Cream 10/10 delicious BEST FLAVOR A+++!" and some people who are like "This tastes like that sawdust they put on vomit when you were a kid." v:shobon:v

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna
I bought a bunch of expensive toy spaceships because I'm an adult goddamnit. To be fair, I got a great deal and paid like 55% retail.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Buy unflavoured whey and you can add whatever flavour you like whenever you like so you won't get sick of whatever over-sweet junk you committed to.

Also buy it in 5kg bags instead of overpriced tubs. It'll keep forever if stored properly.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

sassassin posted:

Buy unflavoured whey and you can add whatever flavour you like whenever you like so you won't get sick of whatever over-sweet junk you committed to.

Also buy it in 5kg bags instead of overpriced tubs. It'll keep forever if stored properly.

How exactly do you add flavor? Serious question.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Etrips posted:

How exactly do you add flavor? Serious question.

Flavourhack: cum has a taste.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Put it in a blender with fruit, peanut butter, cocoa powder, etc.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea throw the protein powder in the blender with some ice, peanut butter, banana, strawberries, and blueberries. Yum!

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

RCarr posted:

Yea throw the protein powder in the blender with some ice, peanut butter, banana, strawberries, and blueberries. Yum!

Also, put waaaaaaaaaaaaaay less peanut butter than you expect or it will just taste like peanut butter no matter what else you put in there. Honestly, I mean like less than half a thimble full of peanut butter.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

1redflag posted:

Also, put waaaaaaaaaaaaaay less peanut butter than you expect or it will just taste like peanut butter no matter what else you put in there. Honestly, I mean like less than half a thimble full of peanut butter.

This is true but I love the taste of peanut butter so I don't mind it.

Etrips
Nov 9, 2004

Having Teemo Problems?
I Feel Bad For You, Son.
I Got 99 Shrooms
And You Just Hit One.

Mu Zeta posted:

Put it in a blender with fruit, peanut butter, cocoa powder, etc.

What if you don't want to add calories?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Get those little sugar free drop drink mixes, they come in cookies and cream flavor or chocolate for mixing in milk. Just don't get the coffee ones, they're the worst thing I've ever tasted, like instant coffee brewed in a public toilet.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
Wait, brewed in the toilet (the room) or brewed in the toilet (the toilet)?

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

Etrips posted:

What if you don't want to add calories?

I haven't tried this, but how about sugar-free flavored syrups? Most of them seem to have zero calories. That said, a tablespoon of cocoa powder is only 12 calories, which is hardly the end of the world.

Edit: beaten

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Dick Trauma posted:

I'm in the checkout line as I type this, so I'm going to need an answer ASAP!

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Bottom Liner posted:

I bought a bunch of expensive toy spaceships because I'm an adult goddamnit. To be fair, I got a great deal and paid like 55% retail.

Was there a Coolstuffinc sale or something?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Dick Trauma posted:

The bowl.

Nephzinho posted:

Was there a Coolstuffinc sale or something?

Yup, and I live 30 minutes away :)

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

I find it amusing that a man that big can still buy t-shirts several sized too big for them.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Nutsngum posted:

I find it amusing that a man that big can still buy t-shirts several sized too big for them.

Having been a man that big, I can say with utter confidence, he is just the beginning of the "Large" size. 8xlt to 10xlt if most definitively a thing.

Neck Sleeve Chest
10XL 31"-32" 39"-40" 82"-84"

I and a friend once got into either leg of a size 70 something waist pants.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I think once you hit 10xl they should just stop including a neck measurement, because who are you kidding.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

the black husserl posted:

I bought a print of this image from the artist to put on my desk at work

this owns, mushbuh owns

ExCruceLeo
Oct 4, 2003

I'll choose the truth I like.
A new metal covering for my gas tank door because some jackass stole it.

The dealership also noticed they stole the center caps on my tires while it was in service so those too.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I buy a lot of dice and comics, it seems.

The bag was for a friend but I want to keep it even though I have a great Adventure Time one I got at Comic Con.

Also for the same friend.

For my GF to replace one of her sets with really poor contrast.

Took a gamble on these gloves. I love quilted stuff and these were a good price.

And two copies of this. One for me and one as a gift.

The printing is okay but some of the fancier fonts suffer from bleeding, making it hard to read.

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

I got dragged into playing D&D again with some friends so I figured gently caress it, I don't own anything 5e (all my 3.5 and older books are gathering dust, poor things.) so I might as well. Considering grabbing a deck of spell cards for all the casters in our group as an early Christmas gift next time we meet up, but I don't know who has what already.

Fortunately my trusty ~15 year old dice were all in their pouch where they belonged, but I'm considering a fancy set of newer dice anyhow, maybe a d20 bigger than our DM's just for a laugh.

overdesigned
Apr 10, 2003

We are compassion...
Lipstick Apathy

Bottom Liner posted:

Come, join us in the TGS thread where we talk about...stuff...I guess?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Already posted there some haha. The second half of my order arrived today, huzzah.

KoB
May 1, 2009

Nutsngum posted:

At a certain point you just accept it if it fits at all.

clockwork automaton
May 2, 2007

You've probably never heard of them.

Fun Shoe

speaking of dumb adulthood purchases

I heart bacon
Nov 18, 2007

:burger: It's burgin' time! :burger:

A few weeks ago we got tickets to the Michigan @ Minnesota football game. Awesome.

More recently I got boots for work, tires for sassypants' truck, a pair of Carhartt flannel lined pants, and treats for the puppies. Plus it was our 12 year anniversary so dinner and champagne too.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

clockwork automaton posted:

This is the best, ugliest colorway

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

Still have to mount it to my cockpit, but the load cell is so much better than a potentiometer for braking.

E: less tiny image

The Science Goy has a new favorite as of 02:54 on Nov 20, 2015

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Update - Cookies and Cream ON Whey tastes like vanilla. I'm not particularly jazzed to drink this for a while but I'm not dreading it. Next time I'll probably buy like a million pounds of unflavored though because I fuckin' love peanut butter.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Inzombiac posted:

Took a gamble on these gloves. I love quilted stuff and these were a good price.

Where'd you pick these up?

Ema Nymton
Apr 26, 2008

the place where I come from
is a small town
Buglord
I got a little box that converts HDMI to RCA composite video and audio. It's powered by USB and not an AC adapter, which is neat. I'm going to use it to capture non-HD video from my PC on a DVD recorder (things too important for my lovely screen capture program to screw up), but it will also be useful for hooking my laptop and tablet into any old thing that lacks HDMI.

quote:

I approve.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

clockwork automaton posted:

At least it's a pretty trip to the ER.

Just booked my wife's birthday dinner at Morimoto Asia, his new restaurant here in Orlando. Super excited for some fantastic sushi.

LUBE UP YOUR BUTT
Jun 30, 2008

I'm the use Chinese qipao as uniforms in a Japanese restaurant

e: oh pan-asian restaurant

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

Where'd you pick these up?

Amazon. Men's fashion. Based on the listing, I would not be surprised if it was Chinese.
Whatever, they were only 12 bucks. Should be here tomorrow and I'll let you know.

Overminty
Mar 16, 2010

You may wonder what I am doing while reading your posts..

SgtScruffy posted:

Update - Cookies and Cream ON Whey tastes like vanilla. I'm not particularly jazzed to drink this for a while but I'm not dreading it. Next time I'll probably buy like a million pounds of unflavored though because I fuckin' love peanut butter.

Do you mix it with milk or water? I thought it was pretty good as protein shakes go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Man, I've been looking for something like this so I can hook up my Playstation TV to my kitchen television (a portable Salora from the early eighties) now that I've no use for it in the living room anymore (i.e. I played through Metal Gear Solid Portable Ops on it) but all the ones I've looked at are like four times that price. :tipshat:

e: Oh, according to the reviews it's utter poo poo.

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 11:06 on Nov 20, 2015