Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
P. Sure he is, but can anyone confirm if Majin Vegeta can be in the same deck as Pride Regained or Super Attack Supreme?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
Any advice to a newbie on Dokken? I managed to get the ssr frieza (final not golden) from the resurrection of f and have imperfect cell and that teq Goku from that event. What is awaken? Who would it be worth it on? Should I go for the five stone characters or do the stones come easier later and try for the x50 then?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

visceril posted:

P. Sure he is, but can anyone confirm if Majin Vegeta can be in the same deck as Pride Regained or Super Attack Supreme?

Yeah, he's Majin Vegeta, they're Super Saiyan Vegeta. I run Super Attack Supreme in my Saiyan team. They don't do anything special besides share Super Saiyan, though.

However, I also run SSJ Bardock on that team, who shares Super Saiyan, Saiyan Warrior Race, and Saiyan Pride with Majin Vegeta. It's amazing. Majin Vegeta is huge when they end up next to each other.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Diabetic posted:

What is awaken? Who would it be worth it on?

Once a card reaches its max level (N=20, R=40, SR=60, SSR=80) you can awake them from the team menu, it costs money and awakening medals and the card will rank up in rarity (so you can level them 20 more times), their "element" will turn Super/Extreme (you'll gain type advantage against non Super/Extreme elements) and receive stat boosts.
You should try to awake every card you can, even if you don't intend to use a card you can use them as training fodder for other cards and being awaken gives a nice boost.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Diabetic posted:

Any advice to a newbie on Dokken? I managed to get the ssr frieza (final not golden) from the resurrection of f and have imperfect cell and that teq Goku from that event. What is awaken? Who would it be worth it on? Should I go for the five stone characters or do the stones come easier later and try for the x50 then?

Awakening is using awakening medals (the purple capsules on the ground) to boost the stats of your cards. You can awaken each card between 2 and 5 times, depending on rarity and when you did that (and the character is max level), it will be Z-Awakened, massively boosting their stats, increasing the rarity, giving it Super/Extreme status and increasing the level cap by 20. Its worth for every card you use. You can easily farm the medals during their daily events (AGL/TEQ/INT/STR/PHY from monday - friday).

Dokkan awakening is a step further, it can only be used on specific cards, needs specific medals (mostly from time limited events, like the Ressurection F stuff right now) and turns a max level, Z-Awakened card into a completely new lvl1 card. The new card is (with one exception) a higher rarity than before (meaning better stats, super attack, passives and so on) and since its new, can be awakened again, so its generally a big deal and the easiest way to get yourself the highest rarity cards.

SSR Freeza is a complete monster and a really really great starter character. Imperfect Cell is good and the event TEQ Goku is also a strong starter character (and can be dokkan awakened later), so you're off to a good start. Tonight you'll also get a SR Int Goku (which can be used with your TEQ Goku) for free. In general you want to use the 50 stone summon, it only has upsides, though it wouldnt be wrong to just use your first few stones to replace all the N-cards with Rs or higher on your team.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
On the subject of awakening, the best place to get the commons you need for awakening chaff is Fridays, on the PHY map. Tends to be chockablock with common medals. You're going to need to do certain days for other ones in quantity, though.

Well drat. Decided on another stone pull since this gacha has been pretty generous and pulled two more SSR Super Saiyans. AGL SSJ Goku and SSGSS Vegeta. The former was from a multi on the Good vs Evil banner and the other from a single on the movie one with the remaining stones. I think I may be good on pulls for a while.

On the bright side, I got Majin Vegeta Z-Awakened to help level these guys up. I can probably skip working on SSJ Kid Trunks now, too. Good thing we have two more weeks of the good grinding event.

Diabetic posted:

I'd agree with Wuxi to just do a few pulls to get you started with some solid Rs and maybe another SR. Horror from Hell Frieza is a really good place to start, dude is super buff.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.
Thanks guys, I have frieza as my leader, agi Sr imperfect cell, int chi chi, phy kid gohan, agi ssblue Goku, and int broccoli, all r or greater, I think I'm in a good place, but like others have said pick who you like and I wanna get speed suit gohan or Vegeta any form so here's hoping rng smiles upon me.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Keep the chi-chi you will eventually be able to dokkan her into her dragonball child form

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I'd spend so much money on this game if it wasn't so expensive.

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Yeah, it's pretty much designed to squeeze "whales", a dragon stone multisummon costs almost as much as a brand new console game.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
I haven't paid a cent for this game and I have red and blue super saiyan 2 Gohan, super saiyan vegeta, and could run teams of SSR and above if I chose to

Just be patient and don't give in. Pulling 9 R cards and a SR android 19 is gonna happen just don't give in to the urge

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Petiso posted:

Yeah, it's pretty much designed to squeeze "whales", a dragon stone multisummon costs almost as much as a brand new console game.

As a whale: Yeah, prettymuch.

Edit: Neat, someone cracked open the database. Here's a pretty, fully indexed card list with the ability to see every card in a link.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 22:24 on Nov 18, 2015

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I got movie SR Tien! This owns!

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Lately I've been getting nothing but INT pulls. It was great when I got Super Saiyan Trunks, awesome when I got Golden Freeza, but now I got Super Saiyan kid Gohan and I still need an SSR STR or TEQ. C'mon, game. I thank you for finally not giving me Ginyu force characters every time but please.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
You didn't want 3 different recoomes that you can't use on the same team?

Also, where is the Ginyu-Goku card so we can have a full deck of Ginyu force?

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
I feel like AGI has too many SR/SSR cards, STR and INT have a bunch of great SRs and a handful of good SSRs.

TEQ and PHY are lacking in good cards IMO. The SSJ Vegetas and Xeno Trunks are relatively bad SSRs and they don't have that many good SRs off the top of my head

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
I'm never going to finish the yellow and purple awakened missions.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

visceril posted:

I feel like AGI has too many SR/SSR cards, STR and INT have a bunch of great SRs and a handful of good SSRs.

TEQ and PHY are lacking in good cards IMO. The SSJ Vegetas and Xeno Trunks are relatively bad SSRs and they don't have that many good SRs off the top of my head

Yeah, it was to the point where I thought "do I actually want SSGSS Goku? He's another AGI". The INT one does the job of being huge with SSGSS Vegeta just fine.

As for SSJ Vegeta, I'd disagree that the PHY one is bad. I find his passive pretty helpful and he doesn't have a ton of competition. Though, either SR SSJ Gohan can easily compete on damage. Xeno Trunks and Piccolo, though? Awful. They'd be fine if they didn't have crappy links, though.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Echophonic posted:

Yeah, it was to the point where I thought "do I actually want SSGSS Goku? He's another AGI". The INT one does the job of being huge with SSGSS Vegeta just fine.

As for SSJ Vegeta, I'd disagree that the PHY one is bad. I find his passive pretty helpful and he doesn't have a ton of competition. Though, either SR SSJ Gohan can easily compete on damage. Xeno Trunks and Piccolo, though? Awful. They'd be fine if they didn't have crappy links, though.

Super attack supreme does have a good passive and of course the super saiyan links, but his stats aren't as good.

Vegetas in general seem to get meh health and lower attack in exchange for high Def, which does matter but not as much as the other two

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I'd agree with that assessment. I was mostly objecting to comparing him to Piccolo or Xeno Trunks. Vegeta doesn't hit as hard in general, you're right.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Xeno Trunks has a pretty decent leader bonus that raises ATK and Health by 15% for everyone so he's got that at least

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Squallege posted:

Xeno Trunks has a pretty decent leader bonus that raises ATK and Health by 15% for everyone so he's got that at least

You have one, don't you 😿

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
On the subject of less-liked SSRs, I've gotten two SSJ AGI Gokus this week. I guess I should Z-Awaken him, his links work well with the other SSJs. Also got a second SSJ PHY Vegeta.

On the other hand, I got both Majin Vegeta and SSGSS Vegeta. They're both awesome.

Vegeta week over in Echophonic's phone.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

I've tried to find some charts to list it but is there a source to find all the Frieza medals to get to Awaken to Golden Frieza?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!

Diabetic posted:

I've tried to find some charts to list it but is there a source to find all the Frieza medals to get to Awaken to Golden Frieza?

Here you go, go down to "Dokkan Awaken"

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Any stage where you fight Frieza he has a chance to drop some medals, randomly though (1st can drop 2nd, etc).

The only source for golden frieza medals is to beat him.

Ginyu-Goku drops 3-5 medals at a time and is by far the most efficient way to get medals.

Over the past 2 days without using any stones to restore stamina I got at least 20 of each normal form and 2 golden frieza medals. All in all this event was way easier than Countdown

I still haven't gotten enough Bulmas to awaken both officer krillin and Goku. Though TBF I haven't played the event much after I realized the hard way that krillin and frieza aren't guaranteed drops and I had enough of their double-RNG poo poo

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
I'm going back through the 'Part 1' missions to get that AGL FF Frieza up to SA 10. Wasted two stamina bars to get 0 Friezas.

I JUST WANT TO DOKKAN AWAKEN YOU TOO, so I have two SA 10 Golden Friezas. It's a good way to grind this event.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I've just been hammering Top-level Training for sweet sweet XP and zeni. Gonna try to get the stuff for Krillin, too.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
The problem is that the enemies that drop Bulma also drop 18 and Marin.

also gently caress that frieza and krill have such a low encounter rate on z-hard and a garbage drop rate on top of it

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

visceril posted:

The problem is that the enemies that drop Bulma also drop 18 and Marin.

also gently caress that frieza and krill have such a low encounter rate on z-hard and a garbage drop rate on top of it

I'm probably very lucky then, because I had 100% Freeza drop rate so far and roughly 50% spawn rate (on Indefectible Invasion, which adds another rng factor with the clouds though)

The Resurrection F event is fantastic. Short stages without mandatory fights and a bunch of U-rare capsules everywhere. I suppose the enemies could be a bit harder and I would've liked if we did the flashback sequences from Freezas perspective. Getting the awakening medals is much easier than expected though, which is nice too.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

Wuxi posted:

I'm probably very lucky then, because I had 100% Freeza drop rate so far and roughly 50% spawn rate (on Indefectible Invasion, which adds another rng factor with the clouds though)

The Resurrection F event is fantastic. Short stages without mandatory fights and a bunch of U-rare capsules everywhere. I suppose the enemies could be a bit harder and I would've liked if we did the flashback sequences from Freezas perspective. Getting the awakening medals is much easier than expected though, which is nice too.

The Bojack event was pretty good too (except for Bojack being a stone summon???)

Countdown was pretty bad. It was really bad before they fixed Jaco.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I'm honestly pretty bored with the game right now and am probably just going to keep logging in for the daily stuff until an event I'm more interested in comes along :shobon:

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
I had to make a new account recently so I'm still doing stuff

But I could see if you had an account from the beginning everything is maxed out and done

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Which stage is the most efficient for encountering the final form Frieza? The last stage is dependent on finding the stupid nimbus on the question mark spaces and that's not reliable :(

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

visceril posted:

I had to make a new account recently so I'm still doing stuff

But I could see if you had an account from the beginning everything is maxed out and done

I'm not done either and I just sort of have hit a wall where I'm not really interested in farming anything right now :shobon:

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?

Ross Angeles posted:

Which stage is the most efficient for encountering the final form Frieza? The last stage is dependent on finding the stupid nimbus on the question mark spaces and that's not reliable :(

I think I had the most luck on either Frezia's Army Reborn or Battling the Unknown.

I sure hope that Bandai Namco enjoyed all the whale money I spent on it this week. And sadly with all that money spent, I got no Majin Vegeta. I got a bunch of SR's, and 3 SSR's, but I already had 2(SSJ 2 Goku and SSJ Goku) of them.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

That's also why I'm waiting, I want the summon pool to be more diverse. :v:

Eventually my dream of having a party full of Kais will come true.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Cozz posted:

I think I had the most luck on either Frezia's Army Reborn or Battling the Unknown.

I sure hope that Bandai Namco enjoyed all the whale money I spent on it this week. And sadly with all that money spent, I got no Majin Vegeta. I got a bunch of SR's, and 3 SSR's, but I already had 2(SSJ 2 Goku and SSJ Goku) of them.

Yeah, I spent a bunch this week, too.

Is SSJ AGI Goku worth the medals? I have almost all of other SSR Super Saiyans and most of the SR ones.

SSGSS Vegeta just became my first card to break 100k damage. Didn't even have Goku with him.

I hope Snake Way comes back soon, I'm running low on Old Kai medals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?

Echophonic posted:

Yeah, I spent a bunch this week, too.

Is SSJ AGI Goku worth the medals? I have almost all of other SSR Super Saiyans and most of the SR ones.

SSGSS Vegeta just became my first card to break 100k damage. Didn't even have Goku with him.

I hope Snake Way comes back soon, I'm running low on Old Kai medals.

Are you talking about this one? His max stats look pretty good, although that passive isn't that great. While I don't have one, I don't think he'd replace SSJ STR Goku in my rainbow SSJ + Super Android 13 team. He could probably have a spot on my all AGL team.

I was just looking at team building, and noticed that my max team cost can be 230. How expensive do some of the cards get? Even if I take my 6 UR's, I only hit 141.