Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gmOTpIVxji8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

jony ive aces posted:

re: fwd: fw: re: yospics

Raithe
Apr 17, 2008

Don't worry: I've got the moon covered...
press greek to pay respects

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Peter Jackson: 'I didn’t know what the hell I was doing' when I made The Hobbit
Oscar-winning director admits he was ‘winging it’ and ‘was making it up as I went along’ for much of the fantasy trilogy’s chaotic shoot

lmao

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

SynthOrange posted:

Oscar-winning director admits he was ‘winging it’ and ‘was making it up as I went along’ for much of the fantasy trilogy’s chaotic shoot

lmao

i have two friends with 25+ years of experience in the film industry between them who worked on the hobbit films. they've said it was hands down the worst experience they've ever had in the business and i believe them.

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

:worship:

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
I wish I was rich

I just took my garbage out and my whole hallway smells like baby powder and poo poo

Jerry Bindle
May 16, 2003

SynthOrange posted:

lmao

explains the 40 minutes of dwarf songs at the beginning

Raithe
Apr 17, 2008

Don't worry: I've got the moon covered...

Those are Rockit Apples (in the tubes). They're a company local to me and they print their own packaging in Havelock North. No Chinese trade conspiracy.

Fun Fact: All Rockit Packhouse staff have to wear Custom Chefs Jackets. Supplied by me. Cha-ching.

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Dillbag posted:

i have two friends with 25+ years of experience in the film industry between them who worked on the hobbit films. they've said it was hands down the worst experience they've ever had in the business and i believe them.

the hobbit: let's see if we can make sir ian mckellen break down and cry

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
the hobbit should have been just one movie. even two was pushing it

we didn't even get any cool deleted scenes out of it, it's all just fight scenes

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
peter jackson owns

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ulb0pLBgRCw

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
http://skelenabones.tumblr.com/post/133565159712/outaspaceman-ive-invented-the-knife-wielding

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

lmfao

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

same

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

SynthOrange posted:

lmao

so we've found our new George Lucas, huh?

also I hadn't seen any of the hobbit movies because gently caress that and my friends convinced me to come out and watch the third one. keep in mind these are all guys that enjoy watching "bad" movies intentionally and all rub me for being that rear end in a top hat snob who ruins things and w/e.

after the movie was over we all left the theater and resumed life like those few hours never happened. no one acknowledged anything. it's been months and they still haven't lol

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

You cant pin being a geogre lucas on peter jackson. from what i understand, jackson was done with lotr, and the production company went to him out of desperation because their first director (del torro? the guy that did pacific rim i think) bailed.

Jackson nice guy'd the hobbit: he didnt want to but did anyway because he didnt wnat to leave it hanging

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
the dwarf riding the giant pig was awesome

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

KoRMaK posted:

You cant pin being a geogre lucas on peter jackson. from what i understand, jackson was done with lotr, and the production company went to him out of desperation because their first director (del torro? the guy that did pacific rim i think) bailed.

Jackson nice guy'd the hobbit: he didnt want to but did anyway because he didnt wnat to leave it hanging

i know it's relevant but plz don't refer to del toro as the guy who did pacific rim (which i liked but cmon)

he's the guy who did pan's labyrinth and that was a great blend of fantasy and historical fiction

aaaand he's come down in the world much like every other writer or director

ftge

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

syscall girl posted:

i know it's relevant but plz don't refer to del toro as the guy who did pacific rim (which i liked but cmon)

he's the guy who did pan's labyrinth and that was a great blend of fantasy and historical fiction

ftge

it's because everything is remakes and superhero sequels planned years in advance

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

syscall girl posted:

ftge

ok, sorry that i mispoke about latin grrm

:p

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

KoRMaK posted:

ok, sorry that i mispoke about latin grrm

:p

wait what

what are del toro's grrmish qualities?

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
he's fat, right?

does he have a rape obsession?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

syscall girl posted:

wait what

what are del toro's grrmish qualities?

fantasy fat man with a beard

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

lol

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
del toro's best work involved the spanish civil war and i'm not sure he can dip into that well again

syscall girl
Nov 7, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

KoRMaK posted:

fantasy fat man with a beard

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
pan's labyrinth is super good

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

cmon sir or madam, i posted one of my patron saints as well

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Stymie posted:

del toro's best work involved the spanish civil war and i'm not sure he can dip into that well again

Blade II wasn't about the Spanish civil war you idiot

Optimus_Rhyme
Apr 15, 2007

are you that mainframe hacker guy?

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

https://gifsound.com/?gifv=cGqIlOW&v=5qZjh69R3c4&s=6

DiggityDoink
Dec 9, 2007

cadenza posted:

i just got an ordinary das model M and installed blank keycaps myself. i don't think they sell the blank ones directly any more.

i have the older das with blues and dumb people caps because sometimes i get drunk and forget where the letters are. pro buying choice

if i actually used it in an office environment, i would definitely get the blank caps to establish my superior typing dominance over my coworkers. still blues though so they could hear the glory of tactile clicks

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe
a lot of syrian refuges might come to alberta and it's going to be bad because they don't know how to deal with the cold winters

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

SmokaDustbowl posted:

a lot of syrian refuges might come to alberta and it's going to be bad because they don't know how to deal with the cold winters

i'm pretty sure they'll manage.

• Locked thread