Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
Bring Back Elona. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

Thyrork posted:

Bring Back Elona. :colbert:

Can't wait to see the response to that xpac.

A bunch of white human females gliding in on angel wings to save the proud Elonan people from slavery under the tyrant Joko.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

ItBurns posted:

Has anyone here made the ascended Viper's (Yassith's) armor? Where did you get the let line sparks from, just from the Crystallized Caches? Also lol 1000+ gold.

Exotic Viper doesn't seem worth it compared to ascended sinister.
I just cheated outrageously and converted my existing sinister gear to viper's with the forge on my Engineer.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Mercurius posted:

I just cheated outrageously and converted my existing sinister gear to viper's with the forge on my Engineer.

I must have misread the recipes then. I though you needed 3x of the jeweled patches to make the Yassith insignia. Those were ~55g each on the TP.

Edit: I just looked at the wiki and it appears that you only need the Gossamer insignia to convert. I knew I was missing something.

Exciting!

ItBurns fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Nov 19, 2015

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

ItBurns posted:

I must have misread the recipes then. I though you needed 3x of the jeweled patches to make the Yassith insignia. Those were ~55g each on the TP.

Edit: I just looked at the wiki and it appears that you only need the Gossamer insignia to convert. I knew I was missing something.

Exciting!

Yeah, it's exotic insignias you use to convert ascended armor (thankfully). It's still going to be kind of pricey, though, I think black diamonds are ~4g apiece right now.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Yeah, it's exotic insignias you use to convert ascended armor (thankfully). It's still going to be kind of pricey, though, I think black diamonds are ~4g apiece right now.
Pretty glad I made all the exotic viper armour I wanted a week ago then. I bought a bunch for 1g :v:

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Really?

Crap. I got a Black Diamond as a drop and stuck it on an accessory without looking at price because I liked the stat combo better than Ruby Orb.

Adhesive Gamin
Sep 29, 2010

Meatoberfest is in full swing.

Mercurius posted:

Pretty glad I made all the exotic viper armour I wanted a week ago then. I bought a bunch for 1g :v:

I sold a bunch for 1g. "You're welcome."

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Haha yeah I got a couple yesterday and was like oh nice, 2g in my pocket wait a sec that is a bunch more than 2g

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde

Generic Octopus posted:

Can't wait to see the response to that xpac.

A bunch of white human females gliding in on angel wings to save the proud Elonan people from slavery under the tyrant Joko.

If it doesn't turn out that Joko's actually a "heroic", if twisted, figure who shields his people with the armies of the dead and holy guard of the living against the crystal dragon and its powers, I will be greatly let down.

Lonk
Jan 26, 2012

LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOOO
*looks at his free set of viper's gear just sitting in the bank*

:smug:

Sprite141
Feb 7, 2009

I should really just
learn to stop talking.

Thyrork posted:

If it doesn't turn out that Joko's actually a "heroic", if twisted, figure who shields his people with the armies of the dead and holy guard of the living against the crystal dragon and its powers, I will be greatly let down.

Well considering joko and his will to stay "alive"... I can totally see him twisting this in his favor.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

Thyrork posted:

I think they can do some very interesting things with Palawa Joko, considering our (Heroes') dealings with him during GW's Elona expansion.

He can still be quite evil but still a preferable option to Kraklatorrik (sp?). Lawful Evil vs Chaotic Evil. I'd rather deal with the lawful evil dude.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

Slippery Tilde
Oh and you get to catch up with the order of Dervishes... and its very sad. :smith:

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches
my monads are fully functional
I'm coming up on 80 (finally) and wondering if it's worth buying the season 2 stuff and running through it or just hop into Maguuma? Since I have only the vaguest notions of things like proper gearing, what sigils/infusions/what the hell ever to apply, and in general 'not being terrible' I'm a little concerned I'm just going to hit a wall once I go to the jungle.

ItBurns
Jul 24, 2007

Aleph Null posted:

Really?

Crap. I got a Black Diamond as a drop and stuck it on an accessory without looking at price because I liked the stat combo better than Ruby Orb.

If you got them from the Exalted Chests under Tarir then odds are that you have some valuable armor/weapon recipes too. At least I managed to figure that out when I was plotting how to waste 1k gold.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

orphean posted:

I'm coming up on 80 (finally) and wondering if it's worth buying the season 2 stuff and running through it or just hop into Maguuma? Since I have only the vaguest notions of things like proper gearing, what sigils/infusions/what the hell ever to apply, and in general 'not being terrible' I'm a little concerned I'm just going to hit a wall once I go to the jungle.
I found it worth running through, but you can do it after HoT if you want. The order doesn't matter, and Season 2 will give you a few nice items but nothing that will make a huge difference.

Just focus right now on expanding out your character, go into HoT and follow some hero point trains to max out your elite specialization, and work on replacing all the non-exotic stuff in your equipment slots with exotic versions.

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

orphean posted:

The season 2 stuff won't help you with any of that; it's just a bunch of story missions. What class are you, and what kind of stuff would you like to do with it?

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Thyrork posted:

I just want to see him using the remnants of Zhaitan's thralls for something.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

orphean posted:

I found Season 2 to be fun and a very worthwhile purchase. The chapters are typically much longer than you regular personal story and HoT story chapters. LS2 also feeds 100% directly into HoT. If you enjoy unique content and story instances, then it's a definite buy. If you only care about progression and that type of thing, the only point of it is some Central Tyria mastery points.

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches

Kenshin posted:

I found it worth running through, but you can do it after HoT if you want. The order doesn't matter, and Season 2 will give you a few nice items but nothing that will make a huge difference.

Just focus right now on expanding out your character, go into HoT and follow some hero point trains to max out your elite specialization, and work on replacing all the non-exotic stuff in your equipment slots with exotic versions.

Kajeesus posted:

The season 2 stuff won't help you with any of that; it's just a bunch of story missions. What class are you, and what kind of stuff would you like to do with it?

Okay well maybe I'll go through season 2 just to do it then. I play a warrior with greatsword/bow with zerk gear. I don't really have any kind of spreadsheet meticulously planned out named gw2_char_goals_TOPSECRET.xls or anything but I'd like to do fractals, some WvW once it picks up again, be able to run stuff with goons and not be a total charity case travesty.

I was super into map completion for a while but decided just to get to 80 and then that can be one of the things I can focus on then but outside of Maguuma it doesn't seem like that's going to be a big deal unless suddenly casually spazzing around through Tyria getting vistas and reknown hearts gets a thousand times harder for some reason.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

orphean posted:

some WvW once it picks up again,

for the record, sfd does wvw a lot of nights out of the week. there's a dedicated night on wednesday, but other than that it's not uncommon for some small-group poo poo to be happening on other nights.

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

orphean posted:

I was super into map completion for a while but decided just to get to 80 and then that can be one of the things I can focus on then but outside of Maguuma it doesn't seem like that's going to be a big deal unless suddenly casually spazzing around through Tyria getting vistas and reknown hearts gets a thousand times harder for some reason.
If anything it gets easier aside from that once you get used to having a glider in Heart of Thorns you'll probably end up suiciding off a few cliffs in Tyria because you forget that you can't fly.

Hi
Oct 10, 2003

:wrong: :coffeepal:
If theres anyway to do anything remotely close to this in the goon guild hall I will work tirelessly to provide whatever is needed to build it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxSw6iDSujg

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Yeah sure come join us in wvw if we're in there. Be aware that it's possible WvW won't ever pick up at this rate.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Visidan posted:

Yeah sure come join us in wvw if we're in there. Be aware that it's possible WvW won't ever pick up at this rate.
At some point I'll actually be home when you're messing around in the borderlands. I really want to see how well my full cleric herald does in WvW.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
Right now there's a debate raging on the GW2 forums about raiding, big surprise I know.

The hardcore crowd are rallying against the inevitability of difficulty modes, the casual crowd want to experience content.

Both sides don't understand raids will be ignored within a year.

Jhet
Jun 3, 2013

orphean posted:

I'm in Rare zerker gear on my Ele and I did the chains from the start of Maguuma through Auric Basin's Tarir. Totally possible, but you're going to really want to spend enough time in the first zone to get glider 1 and bouncing mushrooms 1.

The order doesn't matter unless you're really interested in the story, but it's not really terribly awesome, so you're not missing out on much. I'd still do S.2 later, because there were some fun things to do, but HoT is probably more fun once you can glide.

minus the walrus
Apr 8, 2007

Visidan posted:

I had fun running around last night, but it was really disappointing that we didn't really see anyone to fight with. (I'm not sure I saw a single person from another server, but I might have just not been paying attention.)
I don't remember where I heard it, but someone said that WvW is supposed to be ANet's next focus after they get raids settled. I'll be patiently waiting... :unsmith:

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
Almost all wvw guilds are spending most nights in arenas. I think I hopped between 4 guild halls last night and barely touched a borderland.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
I have ~insider~ info that everything is on the back burner until raids are finished. Raids are considered the flagship of the expansion at ANET, it sounds insane but there you go.

minus the walrus
Apr 8, 2007

Visidan posted:

I have ~insider~ info that everything is on the back burner until raids are finished. Raids are considered the flagship of the expansion at ANET, it sounds insane but there you go.

That doesn't seem like the smartest decision on their part. I don't really have any issue with raids being a thing; but if they don't change the tuning, I feel like it goes against their whole "play what you want" philosophy. I guess I'm just a little annoyed with how it turned out.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

Big Floppy
Apr 30, 2006

orphean posted:

If you see Evil Salesman or Tiny Exotic Dancer on send me a tell and I will help you get Beserker elite spec finished. It might take a few hours if you have time but I have no problem doing Hero Point runs.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Visidan posted:

a flagship feature with no tab in LFG, so all the raiders mix with all the people looking for a taxi

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Yeah, LFG really needs its tabs overhauled. Merge the dungeon ones and have separate tabs for taxiing, raids, living story and general open world content.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Due to a family emergency, the two raids I promised I'd lead today will have to be postponed. Sorry.

AmbientParadox
Mar 2, 2005

ItBurns posted:

Has anyone here made the ascended Viper's (Yassith's) armor? Where did you get the let line sparks from, just from the Crystallized Caches? Also lol 1000+ gold.

Exotic Viper doesn't seem worth it compared to ascended sinister.

I was reading that it's cheaper to just craft say, Rabid ascended gear, then transmute it to vipers. I'm doing this now with my backup ascended set and the big cost gate is those black diamonds which cost around 4g a pop. As the biggest expense, its then about 13g to outright craft the gossamer insignia and what 2g to transmute it?

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Kessel posted:

Due to a family emergency, the two raids I promised I'd lead today will have to be postponed. Sorry.
Wow, it really is just like raiding!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

orphean
Apr 27, 2007

beep boop bitches

Big Floppy posted:

If you see Evil Salesman or Tiny Exotic Dancer on send me a tell and I will help you get Beserker elite spec finished. It might take a few hours if you have time but I have no problem doing Hero Point runs.

Whoa thank you! I'll hit you up in game and see what works

• Locked thread