Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cael
Feb 2, 2004

I get this funky high on the yellow sun.

HUGE PUBES A PLUS posted:

Kasich said earlier he's changed his mind about having a new government bureaucracy that promoted Judeo-Christian values.

http://www.cleveland.com/open/index.ssf/2015/11/john_kasich_tones_down_plans_f.html

When a friend sent me the article, I was initially confused why the hell he'd backtrack on something the base would obviously eat up. Of course it's nothing to do with the obvious xenophobia and everything to do with "HOW DARE YOU think of EXPANDING the federal guvmint".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

Cael posted:

When a friend sent me the article, I was initially confused why the hell he'd backtrack on something the base would obviously eat up. Of course it's nothing to do with the obvious xenophobia and everything to do with "HOW DARE YOU think of EXPANDING the federal guvmint".

His mistake is taking them at face value and assuming they really do want a smaller government. They just want a differently enormous one

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Yes, that's a Donald Trump 2016 yarmulke.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Joementum posted:

"Sir, stand up, I like your hat!" - Donald Trump

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Rocks posted:

Other than Trump, what do other candidates even do all day? I haven't seen pictures of any rallies or town halls, with the exception of Jeb who is handing out dangerous play toys. What about Carson? Christie? Kasich? Cruz????

They hold a lot of campaign events, though not necessarily rallies. Visiting VFW halls, interrupting people who just want a peaceful breakfast at a diner, fundraisers.

They call potential donors.

Meet and call up important activists and party officials and try to cajole them into signing up with your campaign. Calling every single Republican who thinks he's somebody in Iowa takes a long time.

And a bunch of them also have full time jobs: Senator, Governor.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Or in Rand's case scouring the state for the one McDonalds where nobody else is eating

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Pinterest Mom posted:

Do you agree or disagree with the following statement: as President, George W. Bush kept us safe?
Agree that George W. Bush kept us safe........ 79%
Disagree that George W. Bush kept us safe...13%

lol

This is why I think the people guaranteeing a win for Hillary are wrong.

Americans are fuckin' dumb. They are more than dumb enough to elect Trump.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

Trump actively destroying Kasich on Twitter

Governor Kasich, whose failed campaign & debating skills have brought him way down in the polls, is going to spend $2.5 million against me.

John Kasich should focus his special interest money on building up his failed image, not negative ads on me.

John Kasich, despite being Governor of Ohio, is losing to me in the Ohio polls. Pathetic!

I want to do negative ads on John Kasich, but he is so irrelevant to the race that I don’t want to waste my money.

Watch Kasich squirm --- if he is not truthful in his negative ads I will sue him just for fun!

Kasich has already spent $6 million on ads in New Hampshire and his numbers have gone down. People from NH are smart!

I loved beating John Kasich in the debates, but it was easy—he came in dead last!

John Kasich ad guy wanted to work for me, but his proposal was a rip off – I said NO! Now ripping Kasich.

Doesn’t help Kasich to do negative ads on me because he still has to go through everyone else - he’s almost last.

John Kasich fell right into President Obama’s trap on ObamaCare, and the people of Ohio are suffering for it. Shame!

This last one was posted 1m ago so he might still be ranting about it, who knows

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

spacemang_spliff posted:

This is why I think the people guaranteeing a win for Hillary are wrong.

Americans are fuckin' dumb. They are more than dumb enough to elect Trump.

lol

More people gonna vote on who wins The Voice than on who wins the presidency

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

:siren: http://www.politico.com/story/2015/11/gop-group-plans-most-aggressive-anti-trump-campaign-yet-216085

quote:

Fred Davis, the group’s colorful Hollywood-based ad-maker who is best-known for producing the “Demon Sheep” ad in the 2010 California Senate race, is working on a pair of anti-Trump TV ads. The commercials, David said, are designed to “accelerate what we believe would be buyers’ remorse” that would arise from a Trump presidency.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Joementum posted:

I can't quite make it out...

"Make America Kosher Again" 2016

"Bomb Everyone but Israel" 2016

"Make America Segregated Again" 2016

"These Romans are Crazy" 2016

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
I did that facebook common words over the last year thing and right in the middle in big gold letters was
JUST
TRUMP
NOW

edit: and a tiny lil jeb right underneath

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jan 22, 2016

Good Citizen
Aug 12, 2008

trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump trump

Oh man that shits gonna be sooo good

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Jan 22, 2016

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

avant-garde anti-trump desperation ads are going to be a really, really great

for me. not john kasich

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
For those who don't remember, the Demon Sheep ad was famously used in the 2010 GOP CA Senate primary by...Carly Fiorina.

Immortan
Jun 6, 2015

by Shine

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

The best thing about this is that these bombs on Kasich cost zero dollars to drop and will be more effective than the millions Kasich will spend on counter-attacks.

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong
I question the usefulness of trying to beat up on Kasich when most people have no idea who he is, rather than knowing who he is disliking him (the bush situation).

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Full Battle Rattle posted:

Preface: You Gotta Believe

1 Winning Again
2 Our "Unbiased" Political Media
3 Immigration: Good Walls make Good Neighbors (ed: you can't make this poo poo up, folks)
4 Foreign Policy: Fighting for Peace
5 Education: A Failing Grade
6 The Energy Debate: A Lot of Hot Air
7 Health Care is making us all sick
8 It's still the economy, Stupid
9 Nice Guys can Finish First
10 Lucky to be an American
11 The Right to Bear Arms
12 Our Infrastructure is Crumbling
13 Values
14 A New Game in Town
15 Teaching the Media Dollars and Sense
16 A Tax Code That Works*
17 Making America Great Again

*Tax Code may not actually work

Invest in fedoras today folks!

e: Only the yoogest and classiest fedoras, not the ones losers wear.

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

goddammit Kasich you're better than that

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Rocks posted:

goddammit Kasich you're better than that

No, no he's not.

(I know, :thejoke: and all... )

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
What you didn't see on TV: Behind the scenes of the fourth GOP debate

http://www.politico.com/gallery/2015/11/milwaukee-fourth-gop-debate-behind-the-scenes-002140?slide=0

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

fishmech posted:

I question the usefulness of trying to beat up on Kasich when most people have no idea who he is, rather than knowing who he is disliking him (the bush situation).

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

The best thing about this is that these bombs on Kasich cost zero dollars to drop and will be more effective than the millions Kasich will spend on counter-attacks.

Twitter is free advertisement for presidential campaigns and these idiots are still trying to buy commercials on AM radio.

EDIT: To answer fishmech's original question, this beating is just a series of counterpunches. Kasich looks like he's trying to set up for an upper cut, moves in to a hole in Trump's defense - then before he knows what hit him he's on the mat

The X-man cometh
Nov 1, 2009

Full Battle Rattle posted:

Twitter is free advertisement for presidential campaigns and these idiots are still trying to buy commercials on AM radio.

Old white people don't read Twitter.

Edit:
Wasn't the demon sheep ad about terrorists sneaking in as immigrants?

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Buying up a ton of TV ads is a huge waste anyway because you're lucky if people pay attention to them the first time, and the more they run the more they get tuned out until you reach that magical point where you actively piss people off with all your loving constant ads.

They'd be better off spending the ad money on sponsored tweets and facebook posts calling their opponent a fat low-energy slob.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
Do TV news networks still show tweets from famous people during broadcast all the loving time or did that die in like 2010.

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

GalacticAcid posted:

Do TV news networks still show tweets from famous people during broadcast all the loving time or did that die in like 2010.

reading tweets on the air is CNN's entire journalism model

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES

The X-man cometh posted:

Edit:

No it was about Tom Campbell being a fake "fiscal conservative" who would sneak spending into his agenda.

At least the terrorists thing would have made some kind of thematic sense.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

GalacticAcid posted:

During the last Democratic debate, there were points where tweets and chyrons took up more screen space than the candidate actually answering a question.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

The X-man cometh posted:

Lord of Pie posted:

reading tweets on the air is CNN's entire journalism model

Takes a lot of material to fill out 24 hours, you're gonna get some tweets in there

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?

The X-man cometh posted:

Edit:

No it made far less sense than that

GalacticAcid posted:

No it was about Tom Campbell being a fake "fiscal conservative" who would sneak spending into his agenda.

At least the terrorists thing would have made some kind of thematic sense.

Not just that, but that he would raise taxes to pay for things and reduce the deficit. This is not "fiscally conservative."

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
I suppose we should enjoy it while it lasts. Soon TV news will follow the online media #innovators and start showing live feeds of their employees' Slack conversations.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Terri Schiavo’s Brother: Why Won’t Ben Carson Condemn How My Sister Was Brutally Killed?

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

Airport Diner?

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Rocks posted:

Trump actively destroying Kasich on Twitter

Governor Kasich, whose failed campaign & debating skills have brought him way down in the polls, is going to spend $2.5 million against me.

John Kasich should focus his special interest money on building up his failed image, not negative ads on me.

John Kasich, despite being Governor of Ohio, is losing to me in the Ohio polls. Pathetic!

I want to do negative ads on John Kasich, but he is so irrelevant to the race that I don’t want to waste my money.

Watch Kasich squirm --- if he is not truthful in his negative ads I will sue him just for fun!

Kasich has already spent $6 million on ads in New Hampshire and his numbers have gone down. People from NH are smart!

I loved beating John Kasich in the debates, but it was easy—he came in dead last!

John Kasich ad guy wanted to work for me, but his proposal was a rip off – I said NO! Now ripping Kasich.

Doesn’t help Kasich to do negative ads on me because he still has to go through everyone else - he’s almost last.

John Kasich fell right into President Obama’s trap on ObamaCare, and the people of Ohio are suffering for it. Shame!

This last one was posted 1m ago so he might still be ranting about it, who knows

jesus, i mean i dont like kasich at all, but trump is just,,, plain mean. its stupid and obvious i know, but its just the pointless spite and malice of these tweets seems to be hitting me today, its the tone and the wording, he reminds me of school yard bully who gets off insulting weaker kids who cant defend themselves then he will talk about how great and wonderful he is because he called the mentality disabled girl "a stupid oval office" I feel like if he were my age, he would be pushing people to suicide through epic ween trolling efforts, so he could feel big. i mean cruz and huckabee are ideologically monstrous and cruz is defiantly a smug bully. but trump blows him out of the water. It sickins me that i know so many people who think trump is the greatest.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

This looks like a man who's going through a tough divorce, not someone running for president.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
I think I should mention that image was posted by the Kasich campaign to their Instagram account.

• Locked thread