Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samba De Amigo
Jun 11, 2014

Zweihander01 posted:

Looking for some crafters on Excalibur to make the fending Sky Pirate pieces. At a minimum I need someone to make the Pterodactyl Leather and Cloud Cloth, and then I'll need a 2-star ARM (for chest and gloves), LTW (for boots), and WVR (for pants). I already have the alloy ingots made, thanks to Ruan. Feel free to either reply to this post or contact Anime Cliche ingame.

I'll be on in an hour or two here if you're still looking. Shoot a tell to Samba De'migo or ask in the crafter linkshell when I get on/someone in the crafter linkshell if I'm online.

I can do the LTW for you, but no WVR or ARM.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

hobbesmaster posted:

Just give all the blue cards to casters. tia

It's amusing giving Ewer to black mages (don't do this if you're doing serious content).

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Kuvo posted:

so i started leveling astrologian and i have to wonder why they made three of the six cards have the same color icon? its pretty hard to tell ewer/spear/arrow apart at a glance

Well, the (awful) reason was to have them match the colors of the Eorzean elements. It is hard to tell the blue ones apart, but you eventually get used to it.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

nuru posted:

Ewer is a DRK card.

Doesn't Darkside prevent most MP recovery?

Also that image is out of date, Spire and Ewer provide TP/MP regen and are the AoE effectors from Royal Road.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Suitaru posted:

Yes, the ewer does nothing to someone in Darkside. I want to say it also does nothing to a blm in astral fire but I'm not sure

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Suitaru posted:

:thejoke:

(I hope)

DarkHamsterlord posted:

Yes, the ewer does nothing to someone in Darkside. I want to say it also does nothing to a blm in astral fire but I'm not sure

I haven't played BLM much since Heavenward, but Astral fire sets your natural regen to 0. You still get MP from a BRD/MCH. Its also confusing as gently caress when you still have mana after "the usual" number of fire spells (but I'm a terrible BLM).

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

nuru posted:

Ewer is a DRK card.

Yeah no don't do this

Wonder Turbine
Sep 22, 2011

nuru posted:

Ewer is a DRK card.

Ewer not going to fool us.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

:shobon:

If not for SMNs in the party, Ewer feels strange in that it basically becomes the RNG based way AST makes up for not having Assize / Energy Drain mana return.

ed: Good point below about mana for Bards/Mech. Hadn't thought of that.

nuru fucked around with this message at 22:52 on Nov 19, 2015

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
Is it true that giving the arrow to a ninja will ruin their day as they miss multiple global cooldowns every time they try to do mudras?

Logicspren
Oct 21, 2010

Kuvo posted:

so i started leveling astrologian and i have to wonder why they made three of the six cards have the same color icon? its pretty hard to tell ewer/spear/arrow apart at a glance

The color-coding for AST cards can be a bit confusing at first. One of my FC mates is partially colorblind and he has a hell of a time distinguishing Spear/Ewer/Arrow from color alone. If you're having trouble, I suggest learning the icons for the cards rather than the color (So The Balance is a sun, The Bole is a tree, etc...). Also if you play with sound on each of the cards makes a distinctive sound effect when they're pulled, which means that sometimes I can tell what I pulled without really looking.

Veks
May 12, 2012

OOOOOOH MYYY GOOOOOOOOOOOOD

DarkHamsterlord posted:

You do get MP back during Astral Fire from Ewer. Your rotation is so tight that it doesnt really help much, though.

Also that graphic with the cards is outdated.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
I really wish astrologians would throw more Ewers my way, as bard. Keep the songs rolling man.

Line Feed
Sep 7, 2012

Seeds taste better with friends.

DarkHamsterlord posted:

Is it true that giving the arrow to a ninja will ruin their day as they miss multiple global cooldowns every time they try to do mudras?

Every time I give an Arrow to a Ninja they get really excited. I've had one specifically request Arrows. :shrug:

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.
Most of my Ewer's get turned into Expanded Balance/Arrows for everyone.

Spear's are the only one I have a hard time using since it seems to only affect CD's and only those that are cast while under it's duration.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

Kuvo posted:

That graphic is outdated. Spire/Ewer now do AoE, Spear/arrow are now extended.

Veks posted:

You do get MP back during Astral Fire from Ewer. Your rotation is so tight that it doesnt really help much, though.

Suitaru posted:

Which is why I said when they changed it from a reduction to a refresh that DRKs were going to hate this. You could actually use Ewer on DRK and let them play a little more loosey-goosey with their MP management. I don't know that BLMs could have made use of it, what I heard was that the rotation was so locked into muscle memory that even if they did have the mana to squeeze off an extra spell where they'd normally bottom out, they'd just go into the next part of their rotation anyways.

But the real death of using Ewer/Spire on anyone else was when they made it Royal Road into AoE instead of extension as it was at launch.

Olesh
Aug 4, 2008

Why did the circus close?

A long, chilling list of animal rights violations.

nuru posted:

I can't remember where our LBs were going. I think we were LBing immediately going into phase 5 (spear of the fury) with whatever we have, then using a DPS LB3 whenever it's up? I could be wrong though since I'm not a melee on the fight. If you're saving for that window in phase 8, do you use it earlier at all?

I love the fight though. As a Scholar there was a huge deal of room to figure out when/what works for each phase, and where to spread cooldowns.

As a SCH it's not super healer intensive; a WHM can solo heal the whole drat thing so as a SCH your job boils down to being an added safety net. Healing/shields you provide is mana the WHM doesn't have to spend, and having a SCH around makes fuckups more recoverable, like when jumps aren't placed far enough apart or someone has weakness from an earlier screwup and really needs an extra 3k HP to survive incoming raidwide AOEs.

For the chains section, it helps to make sure that people aren't running and spreading apart too quickly before the chains appear; if people start closer together they don't have to go as far to break chains. As a SCH once I've broken my chain I basically just turn around and run back to the tank to start bringing tank HP up again; as long as people were topped off to begin with and aren't stacking meteor damage they'll survive all the unavoidable damage coming in and you can focus on the tank until everybody can group up for AOE heals. Save a lustrate to drop on the tank while you're running back into heal range (if you had to run that far) and make sure you top everyone off with a Succor before the chains come out and you shouldn't have any problems.

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Mazed posted:

Man, the 3.1 MSQ was awesome.

Krile: "The Warrior of Darkness...really? :rolleyes:"
(please become the new Minfilia, please just never have her never be found)

Please never have her be found even if Krile doesn't replace her.

ActionZero
Jan 22, 2011

I act once more in
imitation of light
Playing around with /grouppose can lead to amazing things.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

DarkHamsterlord posted:

No. It will slightly delay their next weapon skill after mudras, but that's hardly an issue. What it will do is make them burn TP like it's going out of style. But otherwise, ninjas love arrows.

Ignimbrite
Jan 5, 2010

BALLS BALLS BALLS
Dinosaur Gum
Jesus christ

Failboattootoot
Feb 6, 2011

Enough of this nonsense. You are an important mayor and this absurd contraption has wasted enough of your time.

Fister Roboto posted:

No. It will slightly delay their next weapon skill after mudras, but that's hardly an issue. What it will do is make them burn TP like it's going out of style. But otherwise, ninjas love arrows.

Correct. Arrow is amazing, I attack so fast!

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Mordiceius posted:

It's amusing giving Ewer to black mages (don't do this if you're doing serious content).

I don't mind Ewer. I have to keep an eye on my お兄ちゃん timer anyway and sometimes it allows me to get an extra cast in or b4 earlier or whatever.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Fister Roboto posted:

Good to know! A ninja once told me not to give ninjas the arrow, but I guess he was full of poo poo.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

SwissArmyDruid posted:

He was ousted. Having him "resign" was like having your boss requesting your resignation letter be on his/her desk the following morning: A way for the adminiatration to save face.

He told them to not do dipshit austerity measures that are a bad idea by any measure but this is not what panicked reactionary politicians want to hear ever.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
Not seeing the disagreement.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time

DarkHamsterlord posted:

Good to know! A ninja once told me not to give ninjas the arrow, but I guess he was full of poo poo.
I guess it's slightly worse than giving it to a job that would be able to use the DPS increase without the delay? But that's fractions of a second lost and completely irrelevant outside of a raid static or uncommonly skilled PF party. If the ninja is outperforming the other DPS, by all means give them the arrow. (Summoners love love love the spear, by the way.)

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon
gently caress all that and give your friendly WAR Spire and Goad and TP song all at the same time.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Yeah spear is amazing as a SMN - you have so many oGCD buttons to hit in your opener and anytime you get aetherflow back. I don't think it can be a damage increase though?

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer
Spear is for Dragoons, you dummies.

megalodong
Mar 11, 2008

Anyone have a link to the thread where ARR actually launched? I want to see people's reactions to it.

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

megalodong posted:

Anyone have a link to the thread where ARR actually launched? I want to see people's reactions to it.

:flashfap: mostly

Badger of Basra
Jul 26, 2007

megalodong posted:

This but 1.0.

KaneTW
Dec 2, 2011

Lant posted:

gently caress all that and give your friendly WAR Spire and Goad and TP song all at the same time.

Warriors don't have any TP issues; giving anything TP related to a WAR is a telltale sign of retardedness.

Lant
Jan 8, 2011

Muldoon

KaneTW posted:

Warriors don't have any TP issues; giving anything TP related to a WAR is a telltale sign of retardedness.

LLDR

SpaceDrake
Dec 22, 2006

I can't avoid filling a game with awful memes, even if I want to. It's in my bones...!

megalodong posted:

Ask and ye shall recieve.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3516878 - transition/beta/2.0 launch

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3353297 - 1.0 launch of tears

both are currently inaccessible because archives.

Kalenn Istarion
Nov 2, 2012

Maybe Senpai will finally notice me now that I've dropped :fivebux: on this snazzy av
Has anyone seen an up to date BLM rotation spreadsheet / calculator? I want to throw my gear in and see how far off optimal I am. I'm hitting around 830ish on mostly burn bosses with no food or pots at i180, which I know isn't perfect.

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010
Weird things happen in the goblet when you're away.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

SwissArmyDruid posted:

That graphic is outdated. Spire/Ewer now do AoE, Spear/arrow are now extended.

Which is why I said when they changed it from a reduction to a refresh that DRKs were going to hate this. You could actually use Ewer on DRK and let them play a little more loosey-goosey with their MP management. I don't know that BLMs could have made use of it, what I heard was that the rotation was so locked into muscle memory that even if they did have the mana to squeeze off an extra spell where they'd normally bottom out, they'd just go into the next part of their rotation anyways.

Ewer isn't useful on a black mage because you'll get at most like an extra F4 out of it before your Enochian timer pushes you back into umbral phase anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

vOv posted:

Ewer isn't useful on a black mage because you'll get at most like an extra F4 out of it before your Enochian timer pushes you back into umbral phase anyway.

Now, is that then, or now?

• Locked thread