Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I don't like The Grinder and Parks and Rec retroactively because Rob Lowe is a piece of garbage on Twitter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

He was pretty good on the nerdest podcast.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Mu Zeta posted:

I don't like The Grinder and Parks and Rec retroactively because Rob Lowe is a piece of garbage on Twitter

Rob Lowe is to Sam Seaborn as Dean Sanderson is to The Grinder.

I bought his audiobook a few years ago, not sure how much I can be bothered to listen to it now.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

tao of lmao posted:

I think this was my favorite episode yet. The montage at the end was a riot.
You guys are going to talk me into watching Limitless which I might have time for.

Boatswain posted:

Anyone watching Casual? I really like it, although it is depressing as gently caress.
I like it too, it's weird and not really a comedy.

It reminds me a lot of Billy and Billie.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Bad shows I've been tricked into watching by TVIV Chat Threads: The Vampire Diaries, Z Nation

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

zoux posted:

Bad shows I've been tricked into watching by TVIV Chat Threads: The Vampire Diaries, Z Nation

The Asylum made a bad TV show?????

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate
This thread has almost tricked me into watching Vampire Diaries and I still might as it's on netflix and sometimes you get bored.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

corn in the bible posted:

The Asylum made a bad TV show?????

Nope.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

zous is the exception concerning the general opinion of Z-Nation.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Just in this thread.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Wrong again zoux.

Slamhound
Mar 27, 2010
Dislike of Z Nation indicates a bad viewer, not a bad show.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
I'm two episodes into the new American Horror Story and it's already the second most garbage season.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

DrVenkman posted:

In sadder news, THE SOUP is being cancelled.

What? Nooooooooooo

I guess there goes the one reason I ever watched E, the rest of that shithole network can burn for all I care.

smg77
Apr 27, 2007

zoux posted:

You are ready for Scream Queens, friend.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
Z Nation owns and is good

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I swear upon the grave of Space Above and Beyond that I will destroy Z-nation and all who love it.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

zoux posted:

I swear upon the grave of Space Above and Beyond that I will destroy Z-nation and all who love it.

Oh, so you are able to recognize a good show sometimes? That's interesting.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

EL BROMANCE posted:

Rob Lowe is to Sam Seaborn as Dean Sanderson is to The Grinder.

I bought his audiobook a few years ago, not sure how much I can be bothered to listen to it now.

It's really good. He's honest and holds himself accountable for a lot of poo poo.

Anyway, there's a trailer for 11.22.63 out and I wish anyone other than James Franco was starring in it (And I usually like him).

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Tonight is the season (probably series) finale for The Player. They got word that the production was shutting down while filming so it's up in the air whether or not there will be any closure.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

That's too bad. I enjoyed the show.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

muscles like this? posted:

Tonight is the season (probably series) finale for The Player. They got word that the production was shutting down while filming so it's up in the air whether or not there will be any closure.

40 minutes in the shot cuts to a blank screen. Wesley Snipes walks in front with a clipboard. "Alex finds his wife, Cassandra was evil but got foiled, I'm a vampire. Thank you." Roll credits.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The US version of Life on Mars did something almost exactly like that. They had just enough notice to throw something together at the very last minute but they didn't actually have the budget for it.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

To their credit they said gently caress it and went batshit crazy with it

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Well, in retrospect it was what they were building toward and wasn't completely out of left field. It probably would have worked better if they had the time to actually set it up.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
Z Nation season 2 is definitely not as tight as season 1, but it's still crazy enough to be the best zombie show on tv.

The US version of Life on Mars did something almost exactly like that. They had just enough notice to throw something together at the very last minute but they didn't actually have the budget for it.

Well, in retrospect it was what they were building toward and wasn't completely out of left field. It probably would have worked better if they had the time to actually set it up.
PRESIDENT MALIA OBAMA

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Look at the CGI here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJBnK2wNQSo

It's among the worst I've ever seen. I can't name a TV show with worse CGI this year.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Mu Zeta posted:

Look at the CGI here

It's among the worst I've ever seen. I can't name a TV show with worse CGI this year.

Agents of SHIELD.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Mu Zeta posted:

Look at the CGI here

I think the CGI, while spotty, is the least of that film's problems. You also really can't judge CGI from trailers. Some of those effects looked okay, and some looked really, really, bad. But the movie looks like it has the dumbest plot and characters you could have for a movie like that, so even if the effects in the trailer are unfinished, it's still going to be loving terrible.

I hope it's a secret Stargate movie.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
Jaime Lannister, why?

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.

Snak posted:

I think the CGI, while spotty, is the least of that film's problems. You also really can't judge CGI from trailers. Some of those effects looked okay, and some looked really, really, bad. But the movie looks like it has the dumbest plot and characters you could have for a movie like that, so even if the effects in the trailer are unfinished, it's still going to be loving terrible.

I hope it's a secret Stargate movie.
At least the setting looks visually interesting even if the individual CGI bits seem unfinished or just uninteresting on its own.

But yeah basically it seems like it's poorly written popcorn flick if it involves two gods going at it, one wins, then two kids go and help the god who lost. Sounds like the plot to a Bay-era Transformers movie. And in the same regard it seems like a CGI action movie vehicle more than anything else.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
Ancient egypt = a bunch of white dudes and a token black guy, thanks Hollywood.

I wonder if Isis is going to be in it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Mu Zeta posted:

Look at the CGI here

The season premiere of Flash was undoubtedly worse.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Agents of SHIELD.

Watch the transformation scene from a week or two ago

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

Doctor Spaceman posted:

Agents of SHIELD.

Please give examples of specific shots in that show worse than that trailer with an explanation as to how it is worse.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I think the worst thing I've seen on TV recently is that little dragon thing whatever in the Bastard Executioner pilot.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Wandle Cax posted:

Please give examples of specific shots in that show worse than that trailer with an explanation as to how it is worse.

The confrontation on the top of the carrier at the end of season 2.

Characters are facing each other, and yet their shadows all point away from each other. The only possible location for the sole light source is right between them, which is a problem given it's outside on a sunlit day.

E: Oops, I misremembered slightly. The shadows just always face away from the camera, and the compositing just looks awful in general.

Doctor Spaceman fucked around with this message at 03:55 on Nov 20, 2015

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.

Boatswain posted:

Anyone watching Casual? I really like it, although it is depressing as gently caress.

Really like it. Those grandparents are some of the most hatable characters I've seen in a while.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Watching Scream Queens for the first time.... holy poo poo it's funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Rocksicles posted:

Watching Scream Queens for the first time.... holy poo poo it's funny.

Is it good? I head mixed things, but I love Jamie Lee Curtis and the ads I've seen were hit-or-miss funny.

• Locked thread