Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
Do not underestimate Armstrong Style™.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

The bios for Buddy and Brad are excellent.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

The crazy thing about the character is how unique they are, and how unique their names are. For example searching "geese thompson" brings up... Geese Thompson. I was amazed that it felt like every character in the game was like that, even when some names seem pretty pedestrian.

Also yeah, you can kill Fardy almost immediately and still have access to the truck keys fast travel.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011

Blind Sally posted:

Do not underestimate Armstrong Style™.

He can give sexy massages with one hand too. Hell, Armstrong Style allows Brad to seduce men who come into a brothel and find a pudgy bald dude with panties, a giant beard, and a bleeding stump where his left arm should be.

Brad really needs to cauterize that, by the way.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

The best bio.

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Also, VoD missed the best ending to Fishman Court, which you can see in Slowbeef's vid:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugejZEUNjzg

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
Funny thing about the dancer (Kim Sex Machine) who keeps asking you questions and gives you a tissue at the end. If at any point you say that you respond negatively, he'll attack and he has a couple of insta-kill moves. Makes him even deadlier then some mutants.

Never turn down a free dance.

it is
Aug 19, 2011

by Smythe
I'm glad you're playing this. I always got lost so I spent more time wandering around on top of brown rectangles than actually making progress.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.

TopHatGenius posted:

Funny thing about the dancer (Kim Sex Machine) who keeps asking you questions and gives you a tissue at the end. If at any point you say that you respond negatively, he'll attack and he has a couple of insta-kill moves. Makes him even deadlier then some mutants.

Never turn down a free dance.

He has instant kill moves?

Wow. Didn't know that (he goes down like a chump with a Birdie oriented party).

Rangpur
Dec 31, 2008

He goes down like a chump, period. Instant kill attacks or not--and he never used them during the 2 rounds the fight lasted for me--he doesn't have the HP to outlast 4-on-1 odds. If you can bait NPCs into fighting you, I say go for it. Squeeze out every last drop of sweet, sweet XP.

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.
Did not know about that one, I was too distracted by the free tissue :v:

Edit: Oh, yknow what I'll end up back there to get another character, maybe I'll remember to kill him while I'm there.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
Alright, so I dig the LP, and I dig the soundtrack. So since Dingaling approved of it, I figured I'd share what I've done here.

https://soundcloud.com/l3dgy/death-raid

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.

Ledgy posted:

Alright, so I dig the LP, and I dig the soundtrack. So since Dingaling approved of it, I figured I'd share what I've done here.

https://soundcloud.com/l3dgy/death-raid

I don't know anything about Death Grips but this is sweet. Mind if I use a few secs of it for an upcoming episode?

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

thevoiceofdog posted:

I don't know anything about Death Grips but this is sweet. Mind if I use a few secs of it for an upcoming episode?

Oh man oh jeez it would be an honour, I switched the track to downloadable so go right ahead !

laserghost
Feb 12, 2014

trust me, I'm a cat.

Just popping in to say that this LP is great, I'm not sure if I would enjoy the game on my own though.
And holy poo poo that mashup owns. It's the perfect soundtrack to kill psychotic middle-aged bare-chested dudes.

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.
Attempted a Death Raid version of the intro, what do you guys think?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BIMKnooRCIs

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver

thevoiceofdog posted:

Not bad, but I'd save it for, fittingly, after you just left off on a really dire situation.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
Joy withdrawal is in itself a dire situation. Makes everything hurt, probably including Brad's severed arm wherever Buzzo left it. No wonder he's even hungrier for Joy now.

That intro is awesome.

Anoia
Dec 31, 2003

"Sooner or later, every curse is a prayer."
Harvey is the best and if he ever dies I hope you give him a fitting tribute.

I can't count how many times slander saved my rear end in a fight because enemies hit themselves.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

So, if I'm reading everything right: Buddy's uncles didn't fight to save Buddy, at least two of them betrayed her to the Rando army? (The third one who died outside the house I give a pass on).

Who killed all those guys, though? Who was fighting whom?

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

Speedball posted:

So, if I'm reading everything right: Buddy's uncles didn't fight to save Buddy, at least two of them betrayed her to the Rando army? (The third one who died outside the house I give a pass on).

Infighting due to boner excitement?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Yeah, it's easy to assume everyone went ballistic on sight, so Rick got knocked out or stayed behind while Sticky ran off ahead with her.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
Rick and Sticky were described as scared and unfit for combat, back at the bridge in Area 1. Interestingly, though, when we next encountered Rick, he was a tough son of a bitch. He had a chest wound that was bad enough that blood soaked all the way through the ropes that Brad tied him up in, and still told Brad to bring it on. Fucker took a lot of punches to the face.

He and Sticky must be gaining a lot of experience in a hurry. Well, Sticky must be.

Pittsburgh Lambic fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Nov 21, 2015

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!

thevoiceofdog posted:

Wouldn't change a thing. Perfect.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall

Hot drat. I love it.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

thevoiceofdog posted:

That's the best use of Death Grips I have ever seen. Good job.

Real funky video editing too, real creepy. Cray cray ese.

Karate Bastard fucked around with this message at 02:03 on Nov 22, 2015

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
Birdie's bio... :ohdear:

ManlyGrunting
May 29, 2014
Yeah, that's the beauty of Lisa's party members: they sort of range the whole spectrum of sympathetic.

Captain Bravo
Feb 16, 2011

An Emergency Shitpost
has been deployed...

...but experts warn it is
just a drop in the ocean.

Oh man, I just noticed Bo's favorite food.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SW-BU6keEUw

:allears:

Jeedy Jay
Nov 8, 2012

Speedball posted:

I don't think that was the Rando Army that came for Buddy. It was probably the outfit that you fight the remnants of in the nearby cave. The Sugarboy Drifters, I think. Alternately - it was several gangs, hence the rolling fuckfest that leaves bodies over several maps.

Also, yes, Rick and Sticky were in on Buddy's abduction.

Jeedy Jay fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Nov 22, 2015

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat
Just a quick note that the intro vid made me go check out OFF. There's some serious dark poo poo in there bubbling under the clowny surface. I don't know exactly where LISA is going but if you're into this that should hit you in your special spot too. I mean like with a claw hammer.

e: and if you still have some faith in humanity that you'd like to get rid of, check out Among the sleep (LP, you'll need archives, gently caress off I hate love hate ??? this game) e2: but it seems the videos are nuked so you'll just have to buy it yourselves, for example for cheaps here.

Karate Bastard fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Nov 22, 2015

Ignatius M. Meen
May 26, 2011

Hello yes I heard there was a lovely trainwreck here and...

Karate Bastard posted:

e: and if you still have some faith in humanity that you'd like to get rid of, check out Among the sleep (LP, you'll need archives, gently caress off I hate love hate ??? this game).

Well I would have checked it out but apparently the videos were nuked somehow. A shame, I would have loved to see it shown off well.

thevoiceofdog
Jul 19, 2009

Terminally ambivalent.

Jeedy Jay posted:

I don't think that was the Rando Army that came for Buddy. It was probably the outfit that you fight the remnants of in the nearby cave. The Sugarboy Drifters, I think. Alternately - it was several gangs, hence the rolling fuckfest that leaves bodies over several maps.

Also, yes, Rick and Sticky were in on Buddy's abduction.

Yeah this is all stuff we already know, not spoilers. Some other group came for Buddy and killed Cheeks, Rick and Sticky took Buddy and ran the hell away. They went across the bridge next to that truck and most likely destroyed it, where we found an injured Rick. Sticky and Buddy are still MIA.

Ledgy
Aug 1, 2013

Up against the wall
Here's to hoping they didn't end up in too much of a Sticky situation.

I'll show myself out.

Ledgy fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Nov 22, 2015

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

You are the first crack in the sheer face of god. From you it will spread.

thevoiceofdog posted:

Yeah this is all stuff we already know, not spoilers. Some other group came for Buddy and killed Cheeks, Rick and Sticky took Buddy and ran the hell away. They went across the bridge next to that truck and most likely destroyed it, where we found an injured Rick. Sticky and Buddy are still MIA.

It's also consistent with what Cheeks says before he dies. "They took Buddy," he says. "They" is assumed to be the Rando Army or some other marauders in the moment, but it could just as easily be Sticky and Rick.

RIP Cheeks. We hardly knew ye (and never got a chance to learn about ye enough to kill ye).

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
All Cheeks said was "Secret's out" and "She's gone." He didn't say she was taken, nor who attacked, but given how valuable she is it could be any pack of dumbasses in Olathe.

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

All Cheeks said was "Secret's out" and "She's gone." He didn't say she was taken, nor who attacked, but given how valuable she is it could be any pack of dumbasses in Olathe.

Yeah. I mis-remembered the specifics, but that's my point: there's nothing about what he says that points to anyone specific taking her, or not taking her.

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Ledgy posted:

Here's to hoping they didn't end up in too much of a Sticky situation.

I'll show myself out.

:golfclap:

TidyHole
Apr 23, 2015
In the two playthroughs I've done of the game, I never have gotten one of the hostage events, primarily due to the fact that I played it like a pussy and always stayed at one of the safe spots if I needed to rest. This caused a lot of backtracking, but I thought it was usually worth it than some of the horse poo poo sleeping at the camp fires can throw at you.

I'd say show Birdie off a couple times but otherwise bench him because as much as I like Birdie he can easily trivialize the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Railing Kill
Nov 14, 2008

TidyHole posted:

In the two playthroughs I've done of the game, I never have gotten one of the hostage events, primarily due to the fact that I played it like a pussy and always stayed at one of the safe spots if I needed to rest. This caused a lot of backtracking, but I thought it was usually worth it than some of the horse poo poo sleeping at the camp fires can throw at you.

I'd say show Birdie off a couple times but otherwise bench him because as much as I like Birdie he can easily trivialize the game.

I took Terr Bear's warning seriously and didn't sleep at a camp at all in Area 1. The first time I used a camp site was in Area 2, and I had Nern taken by the Pretty Boys. When I went to get him back, I chose to fight and lost Nern, and then got killed by the Pretty Boys anyway. When I reloaded my game, I never went back for Nern.

I also never slept at a campsite for the rest of the game. Just chugged colas and found other ways to keep the ol' SP up. Sleep is overrated. :shepface:

Eventually I did go back for Nern, after I had leveled up a bunch and was in Area 3. All I found in the Pretty Boys' lair was a note that said, "We're tired of waiting. gently caress this, and gently caress you too." Godspeed, Nern, wherever you are...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Jtpf8N5IDE

• Locked thread