Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

the pipboys values fluctuate as provisioners enter and leave settlements, as named settlers bug out (this is sanctuaries big problem) and as unnamed settlers get flagged to give their stupid "radiant" quests

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

Hammerstein posted:

The big foundation lego blocks are great for watch towers (drat, I wanna get attacked more).

Me too. I made a poo poo load of defenses for my base though I feel like sanctuary was a bad place to build my poo poo. Is there any way to move all your settlers over to a different settlement?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

coyo7e posted:

So I feel really stupid but I am completely unable to figure out how to use a grenade during VATS..? I hold the RB button like I would outside VATS and nothing happens if I tap or long press it, or if I hold it and pull the trigger it just queues up a shot with my gun. What obvious thing am I missing? :saddowns:

The obvious thing you are missing is that grenades can no longer be used in VATS.

Its stupid, but sadly true.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
I could watch Vertibird explosions all day:

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Hammerstein posted:

Question:

Hardly a spoiler, but still...

Sarge, the sentry droid, below the minute man base, is he hackable and can you get him to guard the castle later ? Or is he just a normal mob ?

Good question, I still haven't experimented with the Robot Expert perk but I imagine that'd be the only way.

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Are Gamma Guns supposed to be rare? I had a Poisoner's Gamma Gun drop really early from a legendary on Survival mode.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Wait does this mean I can never have a helmeted power armor companion? What if I want Danse to not be Buzz Lightyear and put a drat helmet on?

You just have to go to their inventory and equip it

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

I'm hoping URAAAAAAAAAAANIUM FEVER is your number one song as well as mine.

Is this the new Johnny Guitar.....

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I miss Big Iron

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

Are Gamma Guns supposed to be rare? I had a Poisoner's Gamma Gun drop really early from a legendary on Survival mode.

Gamma Guns are basically only used by synths and Children of the Atom.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

That's a strange way to spell 60 Minute Man.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I want to remove "it's a man" from the game. God drat it's so annoying.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Cirosan posted:

Updated Full Dialogue Interface to Beta3, which fixes Lite version overflowing text and adds tonal notes along with other bug fixes. Translations coming shortly, now that all the groundwork for the English version has been laid.

Sleep? We don't need no stinkin' sleep.

I was just about to ask if you were aware of this bug. Thanks!

Shadowlz posted:

Man my game is so hosed right now. I have a permanent +10 rads and my screen has some effect stuck on it that causes high bloom with a green overlay.

I think you've just booted up Fallout 3 by accident.

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
I've just confronted Kellogg and I feel real bad that I had to kill him. It was funny, though, because he said "You know how this has to end, are you ready?" And I asked him back "Are you?" and emptied twenty modded shotgun rounds into his face from close range in 1 second. I don't think he was.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Most depressing random thing so far was the teenage corpse with a holotape explaining she ran away from home because she got pregnant and then wondering ''is anything going to be okay ever again?''

Well, no. Not really.

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
I am really confused by my fusion core count but I've definitely found 4 at once when I wasn't paying attention on two occasions. Either that, or I'm getting a bug when I grab 1 and it just gives me 4

e: Maybe I'm finding them in ammo boxes now I have two ranks in Scrounger. I do tend to just blindly take everything out of those

Sharks Dont Sleep
Mar 4, 2009

In pairing luxury automobiles with large predatory felines we have achieved reality ahead of schedule.

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Wait does this mean I can never have a helmeted power armor companion? What if I want Danse to not be Buzz Lightyear and put a drat helmet on?

? I gave Dance an x-01 helmet with the pip-boy lighting, had him equip it (you have to manually hit the equip button in the trade windows with companions to get them to equip stuff) and he hasn't taken it off for like 25+ levels.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

flyingkiwi posted:

I am really confused by my fusion core count but I've definitely found 4 at once when I wasn't paying attention on two occasions. Either that, or I'm getting a bug when I grab 1 and it just gives me 4

e: Maybe I'm finding them in ammo boxes now I have two ranks in Scrounger. I do tend to just blindly take everything out of those

If you can find fusion cores in containers because you have SCrounger I'm going to need to get me some perks in that. At Rank 2 Fortune Finder is definitely paying for itself, I'm finding caps in everything. Filing cabinets, medicine chests, Synth enemies who normally never drop caps, everything.

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
I think that's it. Apparently they're ammo.

e: A fusion core powers gatling lasers, so it's ammo, so you can find it very rarely (or relatively commonly with scrounger) in ammo boxes and all sorts of things such as that

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Excessive hoarding can do a number on some of the main quest's dialogue. I'll keep it spoiler free:

Science Man: Here's the plans for a HyperTechno Megatool. You're certainly not going to build this yourself!
Engineer Man: Jesus, you want to build a HyperTechno Megatool? gently caress, you're going to really have to work hard to build that, to say nothing about powering it up, because-
Dad Of The Year: Okay, built it, powered it, and got all the cables connected. The sparks and glowing means I did it right?

Oddity
Jun 22, 2003

"This woman here depicted will possess unseen marks. Signs that she will be the one to bring forth my works."
Whenever I enter a new zone and I get the loading screen with the little animated vault icon in the lower right, approximately every 1/3 time it freezes up, and I have to CtrlAltDel to get out.

This is the error message when I close the program:

quote:

Description:
A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: AppHangB1
Application Name: Fallout4.exe
Application Version: 1.1.30.0
Application Timestamp: 563b8ba7
Hang Signature: 274d
Hang Type: 2048
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Hang Signature 1: 274d3748b32d1fd78c948e1d6bfcc441
Additional Hang Signature 2: c73f
Additional Hang Signature 3: c73ff51ec9235ac167e9ff4a0ba27f2f
Additional Hang Signature 4: 274d
Additional Hang Signature 5: 274d3748b32d1fd78c948e1d6bfcc441
Additional Hang Signature 6: c73f
Additional Hang Signature 7: c73ff51ec9235ac167e9ff4a0ba27f2f

Not sure why it's doing it...any ideas?

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
My lightweight synth chest piece counts as an outfit so wearing the lightweight piece means my character is in their underwear. The chestpiece is essentially just a neck brace

Aurubin
Mar 17, 2011

Are there any obvious hints as to the potential direction of a Fallout 5, barring a New Vegas type situation? Fallout 3's The Replicated Man quest was so out of sync with the tone of that game that it made the setting of Fallout 4 a little easier to swallow, even if I found the idea of a game taking place in post-apocalyptic Boston odd at the time. I haven't seen anything like that yet, unless I'm blind.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Oddity posted:

Whenever I enter a new zone and I get the loading screen with the little animated vault icon in the lower right, approximately every 1/3 time it freezes up, and I have to CtrlAltDel to get out.
Not sure why it's doing it...any ideas?

Have you tried running the game in borderless windowed, or vice versa if you already are? I had a hang-on-load issue that was fixed by temporarily loading the game that way once and then setting things back. Not sure if it'll work for you, but worth a shot.

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!
OH MY GOD IS THAT A loving BLIMP

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
I see Fallout 4 is super realistic, in that the solution to nearly every problem is industrial quantities of drugs.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

It's not that tough when those two songs are like half of the new songs in the game.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

ToxicAcne posted:

I completed the Radio quest but Travis is still awkward. Is this a bug?

Go do a few sidequests and after that he'll get his groove.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Bob NewSCART posted:

Me too. I made a poo poo load of defenses for my base though I feel like sanctuary was a bad place to build my poo poo. Is there any way to move all your settlers over to a different settlement?
Yes and it's shockingly easy once you know what to look for - highlight the settler in build mode and then look below the build options for the button prompts, and choose "MOVE" :)

It's just context sensitive so you never know it's there until your focus is on another area of the screen.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

T.G. Xarbala posted:

I miss Big Iron
The entire Gunfighter Ballads and Trail Songs album is one of the best country music albums ever to be laid to vinyl. I had the pleasure of having a copy available in my house for a couple years recently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFI02AqKZ3c

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

just got to diamond city, do you get to have the cute nerd waifu as a party member?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

icantfindaname posted:

just got to diamond city, do you get to have the cute nerd waifu as a party member?

what do you think

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Y'know lady, for some reason I am finding that to be extraordinarily difficult to believe right now.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

T.G. Xarbala posted:

what do you think

you know, maybe this game's not so bad after all :greencube:

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Speedball posted:

If you can find fusion cores in containers because you have SCrounger I'm going to need to get me some perks in that. At Rank 2 Fortune Finder is definitely paying for itself, I'm finding caps in everything. Filing cabinets, medicine chests, Synth enemies who normally never drop caps, everything.
I don't see the need for caps when I get 30+ purified water at half of my settlements every time I fast travel away and back. :whatup:

Also just found a legendary combat shotgun that fires two rounds for the price of one. :snoop: I think that's a good note to go to sleep on.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*
Went to pick something up and I saw a screenshot opportunity:

Also, I love Deacon. So talkative, feels almost like company :allears: Him, Codsworth, and Nick are my faves.

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
what's that outfit and hat?

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

coyo7e posted:

I don't see the need for caps when I get 30+ purified water at half of my settlements every time I fast travel away and back. :whatup:

Also just found a legendary combat shotgun that fires two rounds for the price of one. :snoop: I think that's a good note to go to sleep on.

I guess the scrounger thing might explain why I have over 50 fusion cores sitting in my inventory right now (and the fact that I only rarely use power armor). I haven't really felt the need to do the purified water thing because I make plenty of caps off the junk weapons/armor I pick up. I use the water from my many many purifiers to craft so much adhesive and oil that I'll never run out again.

Some of the legendary shotguns are crazy powerful. But my explosive one keeps crippling my limbs if things get the slightest bit too close before I fire. :(

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!

Noyemi K posted:

Went to pick something up and I saw a screenshot opportunity:

Also, I love Deacon. So talkative, feels almost like company :allears: Him, Codsworth, and Nick are my faves.

Strong is quite talkative, but he's also a moron and he criticizes you for looting or wearing power armor constantly

But he does say how much he likes fighting with you after you get kills and yells at enemies he can't reach and hits stuff with a sledgehammer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

General Morden posted:

what's that outfit and hat?
Sea Captain's Hat + armored dirty army fatigues and (legendary) synth gear. I also took the suppressor off the PPK.

• Locked thread