Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I wanna find a never ending laser minigun

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!

Jeza posted:

Got a Never Ending 50. Cal Pipe Bolt-Action Pistol. It was a sad day

Mod it to automatic and be only slightly less disappointed

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

I've got a never-ending plasma pistol that I turned into a shotty. There's not enough plasma rounds on the planet to let it shine like it could.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

build it a monument to sadness in one of the lovely ruined sanctuary homes

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

The nuclear war is a hoax.
People just got tired of cleaning their house, and they continued eating food with radiative material in it.
The first minutes of the game are just a fabric of your imagination. It never happened.

We have here a civilization turned to poo poo for a overuse of radiation has food conservation.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

The best sniper weapon is a combat shotgun with the explosive bullet legendary modifier. Each pellet explodes doing 15 extra damage and the spread is tight enough you can just aim at a far away enemy and fire to more often than not destroy it. (Obv depending on your perks.)

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

My favorite sniper weapon is frag grenades thrown with laser precision thanks to rank 2 demolition expert and my favorite close range gun is a baseball bat.

Iceshade
Sep 15, 2007
Tactical Ignorance
The raider fight at Lynn Towers is pretty cool. Throwing grenades down the stairwell as they rush up to you (some with pool cues). :shopkeeper:

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
How on earth do you raise companion approval? Every so often I'll get a "Codsworth liked that!" but then never again. People say to just build mods and stuff in the workshop menu, but the approval rating only ever seems to trigger once a play session. Is there a specific timer on this?

Mr. Baps
Apr 16, 2008

Yo ho?

Where can I get cool paintjobs for my new fancy X-01 power armor? I want to finally get around to doing some brotherhood quests and looking like a big flamboyant Enclave soldier the whole time will make it more fun.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Nuebot posted:

How on earth do you raise companion approval? Every so often I'll get a "Codsworth liked that!" but then never again. People say to just build mods and stuff in the workshop menu, but the approval rating only ever seems to trigger once a play session. Is there a specific timer on this?

Sleeping 2 hours should reset it. Or 4 hours.

I know you can get into power armor, Danse will like that, then rest for 2 hours and do it again for more affinity. He also loves it when you craft poo poo, but it seems to be every other rest.

alternatively just console command in their perk because gently caress this poo poo affinity system.

Odette
Mar 19, 2011

Nuebot posted:

I'm not sure how accurate this chart is, but go wild.

clone on the phone
Aug 5, 2003

Quicksave/quickload resets the cooldown on follower affection poo poo so just craft, save, reload, craft etc.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

I had an absurd glitch yesterday. I was in the 360 tower because I needed the Strength Bobblehead so I could put points into Big Guns. After I grabbed it I took the elevator down, usually the NPC will respawn into the elevator but not this time. In the lobby, Piper came crashing down from the eighth floor, which isn't that uncommon. What was uncommon was she dragged a protectron down with her. He exploded and set off another Protectron who was patrolling the lobby. I was laughing pretty hard, then 3 seconds later that other Protectron went nuclear, blowing off all my limbs. I wasn't even mad about it.

I just cannot understand how incompetent the pathing is in this game. Sin was the laughingstock of the industry in the 90s because the NPCs couldn't walk around without falling off ledges, now it's 20 years later and Bethesda's AAA title of the year can't do any better.

creatine
Jan 27, 2012

It was only a matter of time

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxSw6iDSujg

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Pumpy Dumper posted:

It was only a matter of time

[url]https://#crapy_shit_video_here[/url]

At first I trough It would be the whole tower to animate in some way, maybe change direction, rotate.

If only this type of crafting allowed to build vehicles, Space Engineer style.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Geokinesis posted:

The best sniper weapon is a combat shotgun with the explosive bullet legendary modifier. Each pellet explodes doing 15 extra damage and the spread is tight enough you can just aim at a far away enemy and fire to more often than not destroy it. (Obv depending on your perks.)

I wish my shotgun was a combat variant and not a double barrel because yeah, shotguns with explosive rounds are some gamebreaking poo poo.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

Rasmussen posted:

Quicksave/quickload resets the cooldown on follower affection poo poo so just craft, save, reload, craft etc.

Thanks, next time I play I am going to max out this poo poo then find everyone else and max them out too.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I'm not entirely sold on neverending weapons unless it's a double barrel shotgun, since as soon as your clip is empty you can just switch to another weapon and back and your weapon will magically be reloaded just like in fallout 3.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

I am in awe. It brings a tear to the eye.

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
Holy Jesus the Glowing Sea is one of the coolest areas in any of the fallout games. Ran into like 5 legendaries while trekking through it and half of my power armor was busted when I finished. The fact that it takes you outside of the map's borders is a really neat touch to make it feel even more like this insane, alien hellhole that no human should be in. I never thought that Bethesda did big setpieces all that well but I am so glad to be proven wrong in this game.

The vertibird ride up to the Prydwin was also incredibly neat and gave me a major case of "See that mountain? You can climb it" syndrome from seeing all the cool locations I had yet to explore.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Sergeant_Crunch posted:

Holy Jesus the Glowing Sea is one of the coolest areas in any of the fallout games. Ran into like 5 legendaries while trekking through it and half of my power armor was busted when I finished. The fact that it takes you outside of the map's borders is a really neat touch to make it feel even more like this insane, alien hellhole that no human should be in. I never thought that Bethesda did big setpieces all that well but I am so glad to be proven wrong in this game.

The vertibird ride up to the Prydwin was also incredibly neat and gave me a major case of "See that mountain? You can climb it" syndrome from seeing all the cool locations I had yet to explore.

yeah the glowing sea was a really neat area, and the thing you spoilered iss when I first saw the uss constitution and that was a serious "I need to get there" moment for me

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*
Yeah having taken a trip to Cerulean Cave But Fallout's Version™ myself, I have to say it's a neato place with all the horribly powerful creatures and craggy surfaces.

Zodium
Jun 19, 2004

The Castle is a pretty sweet location if you build it up.

Tip: If you drop a bunch of weapons on the ground, then store them with TAB in workshop view, the game counts it as having removed a settlement item so you can place more stuff.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Sergeant_Crunch posted:

Glowing Sea was a real highlight for me as well. I hadn't used Power Armor to any significant degree until that point despite having a fully upgraded X-01 suit, and enemies elsewhere in the game had become trivial, so it was neat that the Sea shook things up a bunch and had me tromping around in a big metal suit with a Gatling Laser that finally had some worthy opposition. The cool atmosphere also contributed to it feeling very different from the rest of the game. I liked it so much that I went ahead and explored every point of interest in one go.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

With all the awesome that is Fallout 4. Is like Skyrim still top it all. Theres nothing (for what I can see) like Blackreach.

Now that I look back, Skyrim is mostly Fallout: Tomb Raider. You are almost all the time raiding ruins from a civilization that got destroyed by something. Generally the ruins are tombs.

The Glowing Sea is Blackreach-isht. but is not interesting enough.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Time...to die.

Savy Saracen salad
Oct 15, 2013
Why do people keep saying that the glowing sea is amazing? Am I missing something? There is nothing "amazing" visually there. It is just a barren, plain texture.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.

its ok.... i guess.. *sadly puts away overseer's guardian*

Iceshade
Sep 15, 2007
Tactical Ignorance

Verviticus posted:

its ok.... i guess.. *sadly puts away overseer's guardian*

:eyepop:

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

what is gravity

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Savy Saracen salad posted:

Why do people keep saying that the glowing sea is amazing? Am I missing something? There is nothing "amazing" visually there. It is just a barren, plain texture.

I haven't been yet but I think maybe there's something wrong with your computer if that's showing up as a single texture to you.

Iceshade
Sep 15, 2007
Tactical Ignorance

This must be like my 2nd legendary armour item that isn't a raider left leg with -15% damage from ghouls or some nonsense.

The raider that carried this thing was a loving prick. He carried a .44 and mutated, and took off 75% off my HP with a single hit.

Drunk in Space
Dec 1, 2009
Yeah, the Glowing Sea is pretty rad. Easily some of the best atmosphere Beth has done.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer

Savy Saracen salad posted:

It's a cool callback to the Glow from Fallout 1 and it sounds like it nails the pressure you feel going into the Glow too.

Iceshade
Sep 15, 2007
Tactical Ignorance
:stonk: This is the part where I scream and run, yes?

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Diamond City doesn't look so good from this angle...

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Sergeant_Crunch posted:

For me there was a rad storm going on the whole time I was in the glowing sea, was that just me or is it scripted? As everything was much greener/radioactive and really felt desolate and poo poo.

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I wish my shotgun was a combat variant and not a double barrel because yeah, shotguns with explosive rounds are some gamebreaking poo poo.

Anything that is either automatic or spread shot destroys with explosive bullets, just try that Pay N Spray submachine gun.

Also what does lorenzo's gun actually do? It seems to be an explosive gamma gun but i've never really used gamma guns as they kind of suck.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

radiation is the whole gimmick to the glowing sea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Minesweep
Oct 6, 2010

Iceshade posted:

:stonk: This is the part where I scream and run, yes?

kill it

• Locked thread