Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
for reference on money

This is a tier 5 game where I got 6 kills in a 6v6 first to 8 death match. It did help that both our team and the enemy had at least 3 TKs making it last longer.

145,390 silver but also had 6 kills. Money isn't that rare then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

So as a heads up when you build a building in the fleet you donate twice the materials required to activate that buff. So the biggest silver one is 25k and donates 50k to the fleet. You can do this once a week and it gives only you a nice buff.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Urgh, pubbies. Got to watch a friendly destroyer leave the cap zone to chase a Dreadnought that was far away, so instead of us winning before the Dreadnought could deal with the problem being slow as it is, he charges the BB head on and gets blasted by the main battery because he wasn't even trying to be evasive. I sank 5 enemies ships in my DD before eating that friendly Torpedo, you stupid pubs, I can't do it all. :argh:

:suicide:

bigdookie
Nov 21, 2005
The Awesome!
Grimey Drawer
In the game as Snyde, an addictive little game!

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!
If you see player name Graven, drive into their ship. You will get a guaranteed multiparagraph angry message.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Good games tonight, those I played with. Its amazing what a few competent players can do to ensure a reliable win-rate. Since we were winning a lot I was making a lot of silver (for tier 2-3 anyways), so I donated that 440k you asked for, Reggin. :v:

Also, to add a bit of content to this, for other new players I'll point out something useful. Ship Equipment! Each ship has 3 slots for extra non-research upgrades you can purchase for silver in the shop. They have a variety of useful effects, and unless listed as binding, can be freely removed and swapped between ships. Equipment that is binding, however cannot be removed to use on another ship unless you pay 25 gold, otherwise if you want to remove it you have to trash it. Here is all the equipment in the store:

Ship Equipment:

Range Finder - 50,000
    Increases scouting range by 400 meters.

Custom Hoist - 120,000 BINDING
    Reduce artillery reload time by 10%

Fuel Filter - 35,000
    Increases engine durability by 50%

Anti Aircraft Director - 35,000
    Increases MG hit rate by 5%

Boiler Preheater - 50,000 BINDING
    Increases acceleration by 10%

Electro-hydraulic Steering Gear - 50,000 BINDING
    Increases ship steering performance by 10%

Pressure Cycle Driver - 70,000 BINDING
    Reduces the influence of turret rotation on artillery accuracy by 25%

Composite Gyroscope - 70,000
    Reduces the influence of steering on artillery accuracy by 25%

Anti-torpedo Compartment - 50,000
    Increases Bulge Armor by 10%, but reduces maximum ship speed by 5%

Heavy Armor - 50,000
    Increases deck and belt armor by 10%, but reduces maximum ship speed by 5%

High Sensitivity Amplifier - 50,000
    Increases sonar range by 10%

Hyper Pulse Generator - 50,000 BINDING
    Reduces sonar detection interval time by 1 second

Drop Tank - 120,000
    Increases aircraft cruising range by 20%

Chain Loader - 120,000 BINDING
    Decreases torpedo reloading time by 10%

Big Fire Control Radar - 150,000 BINDING
    Increases main artillery aiming speed by 5%

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Galaga Galaxian posted:

QUOTE IS NOT EDIT :downs:
Also apparently the only British ships that will be included in this upcoming update are destroyers and carriers... Damnit, I wanna wreck pubbies in THE Dreadnought. :argh:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Galaga Galaxian posted:

Also apparently the only British ships that will be included in this upcoming update are destroyers and carriers... Damnit, I wanna wreck pubbies in THE Dreadnought. :argh:

That makes me sad :(

I want British BBs!@

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

I donated now.
Remove that title you jerk :colbert:

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
Donate more.

I promise once I buy my Atlanta, the fleet will have all my silver.

black hold
Jan 30, 2015
just made a donation after buying my catchalot.

is there a mumble channel for deep ocean set up yet?

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

black hold posted:

just made a donation after buying my catchalot.

is there a mumble channel for deep ocean set up yet?

CTS Mumble,. The Roman Dick gently caress Zone is where a bunch of us hang out.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

The second Königsberg is fun and good looking.

kalven
Feb 17, 2006
So how long until they nerf the commander you get when you buy a lvl 5 DD? 500m extra view range is insane.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!

Made a semi-useful discovery. When selling a ship, you can choose to not sell the research upgrades you've purchased for it, letting you reinstall them on the ship if you repurchase it later without having to pay for the upgrades again. Of course, this is only useful if you think you may want to use the ship again in the future and you obviously don't get money back for the parts you don't sell.

Still it might be useful to someone I guess?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Michaellaneous posted:

The second Königsberg is fun and good looking.

It is.

Also the rank was changed to donate more to remind people. You don't have to donate if you can't, but we got goons waiting for our level.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

If you are not in the guild as of right now, let me know. We get poo poo tons of applications per day and some times we miss you. We have room for 11 now.

bigdookie
Nov 21, 2005
The Awesome!
Grimey Drawer

Third World Reggin posted:

If you are not in the guild as of right now, let me know. We get poo poo tons of applications per day and some times we miss you. We have room for 11 now.

I applied as Snyde!

Please let me in, thank you and good day!

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
I got promoted to "Bottom", I'm german, don't give me any position of power...that never ends well. :ohdear:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Germans are known for being powerful bottoms.

Dr. Video Games 0155
Aug 24, 2004

If in doubt, throw more men at it!
Applied as BadPostHunter in game

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Dr. Video Games 0155 posted:

Applied as BadPostHunter in game

Abused my newfound power and accepted your application. This bottom is doing his part.

e:
and you're in now too, so pay up.
\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/

Feindfeuer fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Nov 21, 2015

George Rouncewell
Jul 20, 2007

You think that's illegal? Heh, watch this.

Applied as IllegalUsername. WIll donate some cashes if/when i'm in. Will come to mumble and play boats this evening

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Just had a 3on3 Tier6 game, with my CA and two subs vs two BBs and a CV. Not sure what the subs did, but I was busy the whole round just dodging artillery while shooting spotter and torpedo planes until I finally got wiped. This was the first time I felt like the MM hosed me over, but the weird thing is that I still had a lot of fun even though I firmly believed I'll just get wiped and that's exactly what happened.

Also played my first round with a CV, didn't kill a single enemy but grabbed 'Vanguard' for capping the enemies base solo. I think I'm doing CVs wrong.

Feindfeuer fucked around with this message at 08:16 on Nov 21, 2015

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I am enjoying the Konigsberg 1927. I put on the gyroscope and the pressure cycle driver but not sure I need either. The ship is just what I would expect from a CL.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

I am enjoying the Konigsberg 1927. I put on the gyroscope and the pressure cycle driver but not sure I need either. The ship is just what I would expect from a CL.

It is a huge step up from any other CL in it's class. The triple barrels mage a huge difference in accuracy. I often get rather longs shots where I hit up to 6+ times.

It reloads fast, it aims decently fast, the turrets turn fast.
It has a slim profile, good AA guns, a decent amount of torpedos and depth charges.

That and the fact the two batteries on the back are set apart looks cool as gently caress. In addition to that you can run away quite well since most of your firepower is actually in the back.

Jaroslav
Dec 31, 2007

:shepface:God I fucking love Diablo 3 gold, it even paid for this shitty title:shepface:
Just unlocked the Benson and my god it is a beast. 10 universal torpedoes is so much fun.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"

Jaroslav posted:

Just unlocked the Benson and my god it is a beast. 10 universal torpedoes is so much fun.

I've been playing the Myoko and man those torps can be a big help. 8 torps a side, and 10 8 inch guns for brawling with some secondaries too.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

This avatar helped buy Lowtax a new skeleton.

Man trying to play this from EU is a pain, takes a looong time before your cannons actually fire.
Is there a EU server?

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

organburner posted:

Man trying to play this from EU is a pain, takes a looong time before your cannons actually fire.
Is there a EU server?

Not currently, no. Though personally I've found it to be perfectly playable even with ~150ms pings. Just make sure to lead a little extra and you'll be fine.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

Perestroika posted:

Not currently, no. Though personally I've found it to be perfectly playable even with ~150ms pings. Just make sure to lead a little extra and you'll be fine.

Going from the tutorial to the actual game is just pretty jarring.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
How is the game compared to world of warships? I love the concept of subs, and also played navyfield back in the day too.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Sgt. Anime Pederast posted:

How is the game compared to world of warships? I love the concept of subs, and also played navyfield back in the day too.

It's usually more fast paced, actually more fun. The grind isn't as bad. You have to manually control your secondaries and AAA. Planes are not bullshit OP because they can't spot too well and get absolutely shredded by any kind of AAA fire.
No torpedo aim indicator.

A mix of Battlestations Pacific + Navyfield + WoWs.

e: Also already a lot more botes.

Jarvisi
Apr 17, 2001

Green is still best.
Sounds great to me, I'll give it a try with goons once I'm free.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

Finally warming up to the game - got in my first match in a Kawachi, killed half the enemy team with it and was able to upgrade it to elite status along with buying the Kongo from the proceeds :getin:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
I good couple of games in 3x territory can get you from tier 1 to top of 3 VERY quickly. I still love all the BBs that think sitting still is

a) increasing their accuracy or
b) a good thing.

organburner
Apr 10, 2011

I have no idea how to depth charge, how the gently caress do you maneuver your boat right above a submarine?

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

organburner posted:

I have no idea how to depth charge, how the gently caress do you maneuver your boat right above a submarine?

it's easier when another sub has them lit up for you. Also don't bother if other enemies can fire at you, it's safer to just try and torp them at that point. And most ships can also reverse faster than a sub can move while underwater, so just chasing them with your rear end works pretty well.

That Jerk Steve
Oct 18, 2011

organburner posted:

It's actually really easy. Just make sure you account for the second before it goes off - it has a blast radius but it's small. Drop it right on the shadow on top of the water. You can slow your ship down if you want to angle just right, most subs go half your speed underwater (assuming you're in a DD). You might have some trouble with the smaller German ones, but the Japanese and American subs shouldn't give you any trouble with a bit of practice.

E: ^^^ One thing to remember is that a sub is still spotting you for their BBs. If you aren't confident you will get them on the first pass with the depth charges, listen to this guy and just use torpedoes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!
More importantly than spotting you, an underwater sub attracts fire from every ship on your team. Chasing subs with your butt or slowing down to sink them is very dangerous if you have torpedo armed teammates nearby. If a friendly sub is near the enemy sub, don't go in unless you know the friendly sub is competent.

• Locked thread