Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

i liked there conversation about zelda on the podcast. i never played twilight princess but its interesting to think that was made as a response from my friends saying windwaker looked gay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

To be fair the guy's observations are real but, to complain about it, I mean come on, part of what makes GB special is how lovely they are at the job...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The ref having to come over and pull up the Karate guy's pants. lmfao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Wrong thread.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Lol.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Jim Brown voice: Ooo, poo poo...

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Edit: Wrong thread again.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Fluffdaddy posted:

That 600 price point didn't help

iirc it was still the cheapest option for a bluray player at some point so people got a ps3 just for that as well

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

dragon enthusiast posted:

iirc it was still the cheapest option for a bluray player at some point so people got a ps3 just for that as well

me, good purchase too imo

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

well not JUST for that, but it was like "oooh! also blu rays" and that was neat and I bought it and was happy.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

I just thought about HD DVDs and the fact that you had to buy a separate add on for the 360 to play HD DVDs for the first time in years and did a little chuckle under my breath

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Party Boat posted:

I just thought about HD DVDs and the fact that you had to buy a separate add on for the 360 to play HD DVDs for the first time in years and did a little chuckle under my breath

Uhhh sure.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I imagine that alone is what made the 360 the dominant platform for last gen because not including proprietary disc drives in the system meant it cost like half of what a PS3 did

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Party Boat posted:

:shibe:

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Austin's description of Xenoblade on the beastcast sounded good to me but there were also multiple times when he mentioned a feature and I said "oh no...." out loud.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

shame about the new mario tennis

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

shame about brad

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

HORMELCHILI posted:

I can forgive a lot of stuff except no playable shy guy.

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

dragon enthusiast posted:

No doubt, a lot of early adopters did. But they were well in the minority, as of 2007 60% of PS3 owners didn't realize that they owned a blu-ray machine:

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2007/08/report-gamers-largely-clueless-about-next-gen-console-media-capabilities/

boy, that was a good year for console warz

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Party Boat posted:

i just thought about single encoding pass multi xvid codec see y'all at yospos goldmine :D

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Austin listed like four Fire Emblem characters and whether they were/were not in Smash Bros and got each one wrong.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

HORMELCHILI posted:

It's depressing

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

what happened to mario tennis?

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

what happened to mario tennis?

im listening to the QL now and apparently it plays fine and they're just really disappointed by the lack of different modes. but, it is still mario tennis with online.

edit: they just said there is no Play With Friends online option, though. thats messed up.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dan unlocked everything in the game in 2 hours of play.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Tender Bender posted:

Austin listed like four Fire Emblem characters and whether they were/were not in Smash Bros and got each one wrong.

Shameful

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

It pisses me off that rising doesn't get any respect

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Holy poo poo austin is being a huge loving baby about this YouTube thing

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

The mgr bosses are probably my favorite since mgs1

4 inch cut no femmes
May 31, 2011
What youtube thing?

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

tumor looking batty posted:

The mgr bosses are probably my favorite since mgs1

i like how monsoon design came from the mechanic of slicing stuff with precision

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

tumor looking batty posted:

It pisses me off that rising doesn't get any respect

I respect rising.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Humphrey Vasel posted:

What youtube thing?

YouTube identified six dmca'd videos whose creators they'll defend in court and Austin says its terrible because they're only telling companies not to attack those videos and leaving everyone else out to dry. Everyone else is saying it's probably a first step and they aren't going to just forever sit on only those six videos and Austin is getting on a sturdy reinforced soapbox about how this is wrong and he won't drop it.

Tender Bender fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Nov 21, 2015

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I stopped listening this week when they started reading a Kotaku article out verbatim

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Tender Bender posted:

YouTube identified six dmca'd videos whose creators they'll defend in court and Austin says its terrible because they're only telling companies not to attack those videos and leaving everyone else out to dry. Everyone else is saying it's probably a first step and they aren't going to just forever sit on only those six videos and Austin is getting on a sturdy reinforced soapbox about how this is wrong.

i liked hearing him get all fired up

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

ArfJason posted:

i like how monsoon design came from the mechanic of slicing stuff with precision

It's pretty telling how lovely game design is nowadays that the idea of "designing characters around the mechanics of the game" is a pretty novel idea.

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

In Training posted:

I stopped listening this week when they started reading a Kotaku article out verbatim

The ensuing discussion is pretty interesting although I didn't really agree with them at all.

A major difference between beastcast and bombcast is that beastcast approach stuff assuming you haven't heard the news or played the game and try to paint a picture while bombcast are just some guys chatting who assume you're on board. It feels geared toward different audiences and I appreciate the former because I don't really follow gaming stuff except for browsing these forums during downtime at work.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

cmykjester posted:

It's pretty telling how lovely game design is nowadays that the idea of "designing characters around the mechanics of the game" is a pretty novel idea.

did you forget to take your prozac ?

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
...now that I think about it...yeah thanks for reminding me.

cmykJester fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Nov 21, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarkozymandias
May 25, 2010

THAT'S SYOUS D'RAVEN

Games are bad and their associated personalities are also bad except Vinny because hes like a normal human sucked into the shitpit of video games like he is Captain N and Dan is Simon Belmont and Austin is Kid Icarus and Brad is Mega Man and Jeff is Mother Brain.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)