Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Stuck on the loading screen when I try to leave the vault. Google hasn't turned up anything helpful although it seems this was a bug in Fallout NV too. :psyduck:

gently caress it I need to sleep anyway, guess I'll try more google/tech support tomorrow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
so when do you unlock ballistic weave exactly again?

joined up with the railroad, did a dead drop, a weathervane, and PAM just gave me a quest that I've yet to do

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

The Iron Rose posted:

joined up with the railroad, did a dead drop, a weathervane, and PAM just gave me a quest that I've yet to do

finish the jackpot quest (I think)

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

The Iron Rose posted:

Immediately after the quest you've yet to do. If it's called Jackpot: Something something, that's the one. The game won't tell you that you've unlocked it. Just talk to Tinker Tom and he says something about high-tech stuff and starts selling "Armored" clothing. At that point you can craft ballistic weave at any armor station.

Drunk in Space
Dec 1, 2009
Is survival difficulty supposed to alter the amount of ammo you get from guns? Playing on hard/very hard I was usually getting quite a few bullets but now it seems like I only ever get a few, or sometimes none at all.

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
you might just be using more. get two ranks of scavenger and you'll be fine

Overdoze
Jan 6, 2008

Revolution of evolution
Is it safe to change your character's gender using the console and then visit the plastic surgeon in Diamond city? I don't want to trigger some weird bugs.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
You probably run into situations where the game is confused about your gender definitely since this is Gamebryo engine after all, like wrong voice and such. Barring that, maybe any quests that have different things depending on it?

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

GuyUpNorth posted:

You probably run into situations where the game is confused about your gender definitely since this is Gamebryo engine after all, like wrong voice and such. Barring that, maybe any quests that have different things depending on it?

Nick Valentine has quite a bit of different dialogue for a female character.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Killing the Mirelurk Queen while taking All The Drugs and using a triple-barrel Missile Launcher is rad as gently caress except how on hard one swipe/acid spit took me down 80% so I was also hammering the quick-use stimpak button to not die. Which I guess goes pretty well with the All Drugs mentality.

Iceshade
Sep 15, 2007
Tactical Ignorance

I fired a rocket at it, and it ran over 3 bottlecap mines. His head blew up before even mutating. Dropped a combat armour piece, though.

whatevs

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Wafflecopper posted:

Stuck on the loading screen when I try to leave the vault. Google hasn't turned up anything helpful although it seems this was a bug in Fallout NV too. :psyduck:

gently caress it I need to sleep anyway, guess I'll try more google/tech support tomorrow.

Could try using "coc sanctuaryext" to teleport out of there.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I was griping early about hard leading to rando bandits being able to nearly destroy me in power armor, but the trade off is the loot is way better, and I appear to do mostly the same amount of damage to them as well. Mirelurks are a lot buffer than in FO3 though.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

RBA Starblade posted:

Killing the Mirelurk Queen while taking All The Drugs and using a triple-barrel Missile Launcher is rad as gently caress except how on hard one swipe/acid spit took me down 80% so I was also hammering the quick-use stimpak button to not die. Which I guess goes pretty well with the All Drugs mentality.

Even in power armor her acid would kill me incredibly quickly. I don't think I'd have been able to do it without power armor.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Finally got this installed. This game is really ugly and it sure is convenient that I signed up to join the vault 9 seconds before the bombs hit and man Bethesda's mouth movements matching character speech tech is really bad.

It's a lot of fun and I only slept 3 hours before work :saddowns:

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Put 90+ hours into my first character and never found a single radiation weapon.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Deified Data posted:

Put 90+ hours into my first character and never found a single radiation weapon.

the only one I know of is the gamma gun, which is dropped by cult of adam members

it's actually really dangerous... unless you're in power armor, in which case it's like they don't even have a weapon at all

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Deified Data posted:

I have found exactly one, and it was a legendary drop. Well, actually, if Lorenzo's Artifact Gun counts, then I guess two.

I haven't used it yet, though. It has really high base damage and I don't even have Nuclear Physicist yet, but I imagine it's only worth a drat on human targets.

mongoose132
Jun 19, 2006

Sharing a tender moment with Piper.

mongoose132 fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Nov 20, 2015

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
why isnt she also in power armor

Rakeris
Jul 20, 2014

Drunk in Space posted:

Yeah, the Glowing Sea is pretty rad. Easily some of the best atmosphere Beth has done.

Yeah I liked it a lot, all the random mutated monsters and I saw a number of legendary ones as well.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Someone on r/FO4 accidentally turned their game into It Follows: Nuclear Edition.

quote:

Okay so I helped clear out the castle for the Minutemen, but accidentally hit one of them in the head in VATS as he walked in front of a Mirelurk. Preston Garvey then went absolutely batshit crazy and started attacking me so I fled. I figured I'd give him a little bit of time to cool down and think about it then I'd make my way over and apologise to him and everything would be hunky-dory.

Unfortunately, it's been about a week now and he appears to have come back with a vengeance. Every so often I'll be sneaking and notice that the status says [CAUTION] but nobody is visible -- that is until I turn around and see Preston Garvey just slowly walking towards me from the horizon. As soon as he gets near me, he starts cranking his rifle and shoots at me and won't back down no matter what I try. I have to subdue him with my shotgun and flee until the next time he ambushes me.

He's found me near the castle, near the Boston Commons, and I even saw his irradiated outline charging me from across The Glowing Sea. I don't know what I can do to stop him as he seems dead set (if you'll excuse the pun) on chasing me to the ends of the Earth (Boston) to kill me.

Sure, I could reload but I can't remember how long ago it was that I accidentally offed that poor old Minuteman, but ideally I'd just like to either persuade him to move on with his life or put him down once and for all.

Does anyone know what I can do?

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Drunk in Space posted:

Yeah, the Glowing Sea is pretty rad. Easily some of the best atmosphere Beth has done.

It felt like an alien planet. Was really cool.

I keep meaning to go back there and explore it thoroughly now that I have more fusion cores to burn. I'd bring Strong with me but he'll just complain about my power armor, so maybe I'll roll in with Hancock or Codsworth instead.

Imaginary Friend
Jan 27, 2010

Your Best Friend
Yeah, I don't know..

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

I love how much more personality the companions have in this game compared to previous bethesda games. I've been traveling with Cait and she is always encouraging me to steal poo poo and do drugs, and often takes off on little side trips on her own to find the nearest chemistry station and get herself a fix

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Imaginary Friend posted:

Yeah, I don't know..

I got a freezing institute rifle that does the same damage as Righteous Authority right now and fires twice as many shots in VATS as it, so I like to swap between them to get things going.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Imaginary Friend posted:

Yeah, I don't know..

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

can you shoot at your feet for a free full heal?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

alphabettitouretti posted:

Someone on r/FO4 accidentally turned their game into It Follows: Nuclear Edition.

Given the synths gimmick, they could make a DLC that's a take-off on The Terminator where in the DLC area there's an unkillable synth who keeps getting up and slowly following you on foot wherever you go.

As for that guy's problem, he could've just lowered his weapon and probably would've been fine. I like the idea of an unkillable Preston Garvey just following someone around trying to kill them though.

Enos Shenk
Nov 3, 2011

I started messing about on a new playthrough, and decided to just cheat in some decent looking armor. So I teleported to the qasmoke room to poke through the armor.

After I was done I forgot what someone here said as a teleport target to get out, so I did "help diamond 0" to find a Diamond City location. One came up called "Diamond City Central" or something, so I coc'd to that.

It's uh, not the real Diamond City. It's some kind of special cell for a cutscene where the entire town is hanging around the noodle shop having a freakout over an accused synth. I don't recall ever seeing this during the regular game, is there something special that triggers it? Or maybe something left in from an earlier build?

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

alphabettitouretti posted:

Okay this is amazing.

I didn't even know you could piss off the Minutemen - I thought they were the faction you could fall back on if you'd pissed off everyone else. How can you progress the game if everyone can hate you?

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Enos Shenk posted:

I started messing about on a new playthrough, and decided to just cheat in some decent looking armor. So I teleported to the qasmoke room to poke through the armor.

After I was done I forgot what someone here said as a teleport target to get out, so I did "help diamond 0" to find a Diamond City location. One came up called "Diamond City Central" or something, so I coc'd to that.

It's uh, not the real Diamond City. It's some kind of special cell for a cutscene where the entire town is hanging around the noodle shop having a freakout over an accused synth. I don't recall ever seeing this during the regular game, is there something special that triggers it? Or maybe something left in from an earlier build?

That's a random event that happens, interesting to know that it's a separate cell that loads up rather than just being a scripted event that happens in the regular marketplace.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Enos Shenk posted:

Is it the scene where one brother shoots another? If so, that is a scripted scene that is in the game.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Manatee Cannon posted:

can you shoot at your feet for a free full heal?

I imagine so. I wish I had that myself, just saw the screenshot floating around and saved it.

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
As stupid as it would be, the more I play this game with how shooty focused it is now, I'd actually be down for co-op being patched or modded in or something. Whether they give both players full functionality or only let the owner of the world decide if you enter structures and build poo poo while the person who joins would be a glorified companion.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Iceshade posted:

:stonk: This is the part where I scream and run, yes?

It's the point where you take a buffout, walk backwards in circles, and press the trigger button on your gun with the highest number. Occasionally you can throw out mines, if you have them.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

sector_corrector posted:

It's the point where you take a buffout, walk backwards in circles, and press the trigger button on your gun with the highest number. Occasionally you can throw out mines, if you have them.

Sprinting at an angle then turning around works better, Deathclaws (I assume, dogs are) are faster than you can backpedal.

flyingkiwi
Jun 1, 2012

Wowzers!

Iceshade posted:

:stonk: This is the part where I scream and run, yes?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGMN-gNfdaY

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
How the hell do you get up to the area on the interstate Maccready's quest is at? All the roads leading up there look broke as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

A. Beaverhausen posted:

How the hell do you get up to the area on the interstate Maccready's quest is at? All the roads leading up there look broke as gently caress.

Search for a construction elevator bellow the edges of the interstate

• Locked thread