Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
siotle
Nov 2, 2012

Stop that.

SwissArmyDruid posted:

Now, is that then, or now?
Both? It doesn't matter how much MP you have or not, if you need to refresh Enochian you're going back to Umbral Ice. I don't see how mp cost reduction -> mp refresh would change that.

I suppose in the insanely niche situation that a BLM gets trapped in astral fire at 0 MP Ewer probably would give them enough MP to throw out Blizzard 1 or 3.
That being said, getting trapped in astral fire only happens if you flare->transpose and the transpose goes through before the flare hits. It doesn't happen too often, might only be because of lag.
It would only really help though if the AST just drew Ewer at that moment and realized that the BLM had screwed up, though. It's a really unlikely situation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

I cant wrap my head around the gamepad controller. I know it'll probably be easier to start on a class that Ive barely played just because the game is simpler during the early levels but the only pre 30 class I have is archer, and I sort of loath it.

I use to play a lot of MMOs using xpadder to simulate keystrokes and it worked fine in WoW and WAR. Use to tank, dps and heal on all of them. I guess some of that, I assumed long lost muscle memory is still there because Im pressing the joystick button to tab target and using the face buttons without the triggers to use abilities.

Ouhei
Oct 23, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I cant wrap my head around the gamepad controller. I know it'll probably be easier to start on a class that Ive barely played just because the game is simpler during the early levels but the only pre 30 class I have is archer, and I sort of loath it.

I use to play a lot of MMOs using xpadder to simulate keystrokes and it worked fine in WoW and WAR. Use to tank, dps and heal on all of them. I guess some of that, I assumed long lost muscle memory is still there because Im pressing the joystick button to tab target and using the face buttons without the triggers to use abilities.

This game actually plays really well on a controller, I started out on PS4 and still use a controller now that I'm on PC. I don't play many PC games anymore so my KB/Mouse abilities are poo poo and the controller is just much easier for me.

With your cross-bars setup so you can bring up the second set with combined triggers you get access to 32 action slots, which should really be enough for any job.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

siotle posted:

That being said, getting trapped in astral fire only happens if you flare->transpose and the transpose goes through before the flare hits. It doesn't happen too often, might only be because of lag.

This has started to happen to me when 3.1 released, I never had it happen prior to this patch. If this is the price we have to pay for mudras working, I say gently caress ninja. :v:

Also, someone kick Sailor Goon from the Diadem linkshell. Space Engineers released the planets update last week, and it doesn't look like I'll be logging in this month.

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.
was this a person trying to tank and if so were they using str accs

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

im mad

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

Hivac posted:

it was a bard, of all things, apparently

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

"selene doesn't have any dps skills" :smug:

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

A DPS? Can you not immediately vote kick?

Or just do the LLDR thing with a terrible tank and just ignore them?

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Oxygen Deficiency posted:

"selene doesn't have any dps skills" :smug:

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

Hivac posted:

vit tanks are fine because the majority of tanks are awful and an awful vit tank is easier to heal than an awful str tank this is my educated healer opinion

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe

ArtIsResistance posted:

vit tanks are fine because the majority of tanks are awful and an awful vit tank is easier to heal than an awful str tank this is my educated healer opinion

i got bitched out last night by a paladin because i wasn't "focusing single target" and making him "waste gcds" on flash

i play summoner

LordNat
May 16, 2009

sword_man.gif posted:

i got bitched out last night by a paladin because i wasn't "focusing single target" and making him "waste gcds" on flash

i play summoner

If I see someone playing Paladin I instantly assume they are bad at the game.

Reco
Feb 26, 2011

enemy one body to the proximity Zan attack discard the power slap hit.

ArtIsResistance posted:

There's nothing wrong with vit tanks

i was just curious because it would be some fun hypocrisy

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
it is always loving paladins, every time, who cannot hold aoe for garbage, are slow as loving hell, and have a huge attitude about it

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

Hivac posted:

There's nothing wrong with vit tanks

i was just curious because it would be some fun hypocrisy

Sorry I wasn't calling you out or anything I just thought voicing my opinion on vit/str is the thing to do here (and frequently)

sword_man.gif posted:

it is always loving paladins, every time, who cannot hold aoe for garbage, are slow as loving hell, and have a huge attitude about it

I think it's because their AoE skill does 0 damage so who would ever want to press it and oh look every enemy is now rushing towards me after I cast a loving cure 1.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Selene is a better tank than most paladins anyway, I don't see the issue.

ilifinicus
Mar 7, 2004

y'all need to stop this loving VIT tank apologist bullshit

kojicolnair
Mar 18, 2009

sword_man.gif posted:

i play summoner

I play summoner as well and that feeling when you cast a single aoe and pull everything except the single mod the tank has aggro on is the worst. Having to stop AoEing and basically watch a single mob die at a time is pretty boring.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
Gotta have that STR boost so we can finish this dungeon 2 minutes faster.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

kojicolnair posted:

Having to stop AoEing and basically watch a single mob die at a time is pretty boring.

Also literally impossible without like halving your single target DPS.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Truga posted:

Selene is a better tank than most paladins anyway, I don't see the issue.

Can confirm, fairies are infinitely better at tanking adds in Garuda EX.

nuru
Oct 10, 2012

My alt warrior has two 210 fending pieces because of Savage loot. I'm ashamed sometimes.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I'm leveling Paladin right now and I have one piece of fending on my right and I'm not sure which one to be more ashamed of :smith:

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ActionZero posted:

Playing around with /grouppose can lead to amazing things.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Scrublord Prime posted:

I'm leveling Paladin right now and I have one piece of fending on my right and I'm not sure which one to be more ashamed of :smith:

vit gear seems worth it on a paladin because your mere presence will have people grinding their teeth and imo thats worth a slight dps loss

Belzac
Mar 20, 2008

The third fracture I would do away with...I can't, sorry.

F R A C T U R E
I asked an idiot I know who uses reddit why they always blur out the names of people in these stupid pictures and apparently there's some reddit rule about blackmailing people or something. What a joke.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

Belzac posted:

I asked an idiot I know who uses reddit why they always blur out the names of people in these stupid pictures and apparently there's some reddit rule about blackmailing people or something. What a joke.

Cool story dude

Dante Logos
Dec 31, 2010

kojicolnair posted:

I play summoner as well and that feeling when you cast a single aoe and pull everything except the single mod the tank has aggro on is the worst. Having to stop AoEing and basically watch a single mob die at a time is pretty boring.

So that's why some tanks pull away from my AOE! I was kinda wondering why that was a thing.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

armoredgorilla posted:

This but unironically.

Saigyouji
Aug 26, 2011

Friends 'ave fun together.

Dante Logos posted:

So that's why some tanks pull away from my AOE! I was kinda wondering why that was a thing.

Nah, that's just the reaction some people have to bubbles. See also: People who refuse to stand in Sacred Soil.

Empress Theonora
Feb 19, 2001

She was a sword glinting in the depths of night, a lance of light piercing the darkness. There would be no mistakes this time.

Dante Logos posted:

That's probably just confusion over which are the good things to stand in and which are the bad things.

Drizvolta
Oct 31, 2011

armoredgorilla posted:

I too want extra health I'll never use instead of an easier time holding threat

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.

Empress Theonora posted:

That's probably just confusion over which are the good things to stand in and which are the bad things.

For the first week or so of Heavensward, it seemed like almost every single player no matter what role they were (other than Machinist I guess) would reflexively get out of the Bishop Autoturret's AOE field because it looks super dangerous

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?
I'm not gonna lie, there are times that there's so many ground effects that I cannot tell when aoes are incoming. I am still a scrub.

Scrublord Prime
Nov 27, 2007

I think the very first time I noticed the Bard's floor AoE was when I was tanking a boss for the first time and thought it was danger goop and got the hell out of there. Or when I saw more unique AoEs in CT2 and ran out of a mess of Shadow Flares because I didn't recognize it with spell effects turned down and thought it was a boss aoe :v:

I'm pretty bad with keeping aoe-heavy mobs in floor AoE too. Like the first big group of Keeper I usually end up pulling back too far trying to dodge a chain of coblyns trying to shatter me and move far back enough that the other mobs move up and out of floor aoes.

Hamsterlady
Jul 8, 2010

Corpse Party, bitches.
I got so used to Flaming Arrow being a friendly aoe that when enemies in a Heavensward MSQ duty used it, I just stood in it like an idiot until I died

Boten Anna
Feb 22, 2010

armoredgorilla posted:

Considering I, the str tank, tend to do over 50% of the damage in exdr when I queue for pubs this, but 20 minutes faster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I'm at 58 DRK, two more levels and I'll finally be free from PLDerp :toot:

Seriously, the addition of exp to HLDR and MSDR are the best features of this expansion. Now I just need to convince every player that it's now worthwhile to stop and soak up the exp while in Praetorium.

How many levels of Vanu Vanu rep are there before I get my mount and dance?

• Locked thread