Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stretch Marx
Apr 29, 2008

I'm ok with this.

jm20 posted:

Why did you not complain about the beer or food derails as much as Ontario politics?

E:phone

Because at least beer/food chat comes in waves. Granted it's about a lot of beer I probably won't have the opportunity living in the city where Moosehead is made... ugh.

He, on the other hand, feels the need to remind us of his issues with the OLP every time he posts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

lol cons literally based their budget on a highly improbable premise

Sound fiscal planning fellas

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
The OLP sucks and because of him I know how bad they suck.

It's good posting and he should keep doing it.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
Informal poll http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/lukiwski-called-female-politician-a-whore-journalist-says-1.3326284?cmp=rss

whore or horde? [black/blue or white/gold]

I heard whore

Jordan7hm posted:

:agreed: different perspectives of politics is important

egg tats
Apr 3, 2010

There's 2 kinds of people: people who heard whore and people who aren't willing to admit that they heard whore for whatever reason.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Who the gently caress wasted their money on Ikantski's new title? The old one was much better, rear end in a top hat.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes

THC posted:

Who the gently caress wasted their money on Ikantski's new title? The old one was much better, rear end in a top hat.

It really was, hats off to whoever made it. RIP sweet avatar.

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

jm20 posted:

Informal poll http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/lukiwski-called-female-politician-a-whore-journalist-says-1.3326284?cmp=rss

whore or horde? [black/blue or white/gold]

I heard whore

:agreed: different perspectives of politics is important

whore, def

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

I haven't actually watched the video and I don't plan to but I'm pretty sure he said whore because I'm racist towards white dudes.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

quote:

"Whenever there's a maybe, whenever there's a slight grey area — we erred on the side of caution," Slater said. "Because there was a slight area of grey, I wanted to be responsible. I wanted to have the responsible journalism come out and not the tabloid journalism come out."

There's also a slight grey area over whether the sun might rise tomorrow morning, so gently caress, guess we need to can the weather section.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/rona-ambrose-conservative-shadow-cabinet-1.3327895

quote:

Interim Conservative Leader Rona Ambrose is stacking her shadow cabinet with a healthy dose of seasoned veterans and a smattering of new faces as the party positions itself as Her Majesty's Loyal Opposition for the first time in a decade.

"I believe the team we have assembled will be the strongest Official Opposition this country has ever seen," Ambrose said in a statement, noting the party's first priority is challenging Prime Minister Justin Trudeau's "massive tax-and-spend plan."

quote:

The full list, released Friday, includes a few surprises — chief amongst them is Jason Kenney's absence from the front bench. Kenney, who was widely seen as Stephen Harper's most competent minister, will not hold a critic portfolio in the next session of Parliament.

Though the article goes on to speculate that it might just be to give him more time to organize his leadership campaign.

Anyways here's the full list:

quote:

Shadow cabinet members:

Hon. Rona Ambrose (Sturgeon River–Parkland) — Leader of the Official Opposition and Status of Women
Hon. Denis Lebel (Lac-Saint-Jean) — Deputy Leader and Intergovernmental Affairs
Ziad Aboultaif (Edmonton Manning) — National Revenue
Scott Armstrong — Atlantic Issues and the Atlantic Canada Opportunities Agency
Hon. Candice Bergen (Portage–Lisgar) — Natural Resources
Hon. Maxime Bernier (Beauce) — Innovation, Science and Economic Development
James Bezan (Selkirk–Interlake–Eastman) — National Defence
Hon. Steven Blaney (Bellechasse–Les Etchemins–Lévis) — Public Services and Procurement
Kelly Block (Carleton Trail–Eagle Creek) — Transport
Alupa Clarke (Beauport–Limoilou) — Veterans Affairs
Hon. Tony Clement (Parry Sound–Muskoka) — Foreign Affairs
Gérard Deltell (Louis-Saint-Laurent) — Employment, Workforce and Labour
Hon. Ed Fast (Abbotsford) — Environment and Climate Change
Marilyn Gladu (Sarnia–Lambton) — Science
Hon. K. Kellie Leitch (Simcoe–Grey) — Health
Cathy McLeod (Kamloops–Thompson–Cariboo) — Indigenous Affairs
Hon. Rob Nicholson (Niagara Falls) — Justice
Hon. Deepak Obhrai (Calgary Forest Lawn) — International Development
Hon. Erin O'Toole (Durham) — Public Safety and Emergency Preparedness
Pierre Paul-Hus (Charlesbourg–Haute-Saint-Charles) — National Defence (associate)
Hon. Pierre Poilievre (Carleton) — Treasury Board and the National Capital Commission
Hon. Lisa Raitt (Milton) — Finance
Scott Reid (Lanark–Frontenac–Kingston) — Democratic Institutions
Hon. Michelle Rempel (Calgary Nose Hill) — Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship
Hon. Gerry Ritz (Battlefords–Lloydminster) — International Trade
Mark Strahl (Chilliwack–Hope) — Fisheries, Oceans and the Canadian Coast Guard
Hon. Peter Van Loan (York–Simcoe) — Canadian Heritage and National Historic Sites
Karen Vecchio (Elgin–Middlesex–London) — Families, Children and Social Development
Mark Warawa (Langley–Aldergrove) — Seniors
Chris Warkentin (Grande Prairie–Mackenzie) — Agriculture and Agri-food
Dianne Watts (South Surrey–White Rock) — Infrastructure and Communities
Hon. Alice Wong (Richmond Centre) — Small Business
They had to appoint someone from outside of parliament to be their Atlantic issues critic since they didn't win any seats there :laugh:

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

MA-Horus posted:

Sound fiscal planning fellas

"They're the only party who understands money."

- CPC voters

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

InfiniteZero posted:

"They're the only party who understands money."

- CPC voters

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Translation: If you're working at McDonald's you aren't allowed to gently caress

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

flakeloaf posted:

Translation: If you're working at McDonald's you aren't allowed to gently caress

According to regressives income determines your worth as a human

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

If you lose your job and are forced to take lower-paying work, better take those kids back to the dealership because you can't afford them anymore!

Also if you have two jobs at $11 an hour that's equivalent to making $22/hour! Conservatives understand finance!

The NDP? They can't handle money. Math is too hard for them :shepface:

Juul-Whip fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Nov 20, 2015

Lumius
Nov 24, 2004
Superior Awesome Sucks

Jordan7hm posted:

I agree with this, there are lots of things happening that i don't (or can't) keep track of so its nice to know things that are happening my province.

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
I'm kind of surprised that after last week's unintelligible racist tweets, Candice Bergen still got into the shadow cabinet. Who am I kidding, they probably got her the job.

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica
You shouldn't need to be rich to have kids but it should be mandatory to have an education and be able to pass some basic competency tests.

It's really too bad that you need a license and testing to drive a car, or own a firearm, but people can have as many kids as they want regardless of how well they can raise them.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I don't understand how you can be so mentally deficient that you can actually think this is true...

Whiskey Sours
Jan 25, 2014

Weather proof.

colonel_korn posted:

quote:

Hon. Tony Clement (Parry Sound–Muskoka) — Foreign Affairs

:lol:

I would say the CPC is truly hosed if this is the best they have, but they've always had a shallow front bench.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Do it ironically posted:

people can have as many kids as they want regardless of how well they can raise them.

Not if you're Metis in Saskatchewan, apparently.

Baudin
Dec 31, 2009

Do it ironically posted:

You shouldn't need to be rich to have kids but it should be mandatory to have an education and be able to pass some basic competency tests.

It's really too bad that you need a license and testing to drive a car, or own a firearm, but people can have as many kids as they want regardless of how well they can raise them.

Clearly we should enforce eugenics because that worked out so well in the past.

Wait its DiI why am I bothering to post. Curses foiled into posting again by notorious bad poster Do It Ironically.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.

colonel_korn posted:

http://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/rona-ambrose-conservative-shadow-cabinet-1.3327895

Though the article goes on to speculate that it might just be to give him more time to organize his leadership campaign.

They had to appoint someone from outside of parliament to be their Atlantic issues critic since they didn't win any seats there :laugh:

Has Quebec City spontaneously combust ed yet after the latest craze over refugees

Do it ironically
Jul 13, 2010

by Pragmatica

Baudin posted:

Clearly we should enforce eugenics because that worked out so well in the past.

Wait its DiI why am I bothering to post. Curses foiled into posting again by notorious bad poster Do It Ironically.

Being an educated parent is not the same thing as eugenics, I never said we should forcibly sterilze people or keep anyone from having families, so you can kindly stop putting words in my mouth :)

cowofwar
Jul 30, 2002

by Athanatos

Do it ironically posted:

You're an idiotic poo poo poster.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/university-of-winnipeg-makes-indigenous-course-a-requirement-1.3328372

quote:

The University of Winnipeg has officially given the green light to a new requirement that all students, starting in the next school year, take at least one indigenous studies course in order to graduate.

The university's senate unanimously approved the requirement on Friday, making it the first university in Canada to make it mandatory for students to take a course focused on the rights, traditions, history, governance or other facets of indigenous culture.

quote:

Let the indoctrination begin.

As an individual with a Double Honours in Political Science and History, a Masters in Political Science, and a Law degree, I am incredibly frightened by the awfully bias and 1-sided information that our ultra-left revisionist professors will be, in "teaching" these courses.

quote:

Who pays for the course? I wonder what students will think about loosing time from courses they need to continue on their chosen educational path?

quote:

What can one say about this policy without being accused of being all kinds of horrible things.

quote:

What if I simply wish to study science?

:qq:

e: nevermind, this comment wins

quote:

I thought forcing people into certain studies was part of the issue with our natives? residential schools anyone?
:negative:

colonel_korn fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Nov 20, 2015

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

Ugh, thats even worse than when I had to take ethics :jerkbag:

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

That first comment where the guy lists all his accolades is the most hilarious one to me for some reason.

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Furnaceface posted:

That first comment where the guy lists all his accolades is the most hilarious one to me for some reason.

Somehow over the course of all those degrees, no one taught him how to actually write a coherent sentence.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

colonel_korn posted:

Somehow over the course of all those degrees, no one taught him how to actually write a coherent sentence.

One cool trick to appear post secondary educated is to over use commas

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008

jm20 posted:

One cool trick to appear post secondary educated is to over use commas

In his defense, at least he used an Oxford comma.

brucio
Nov 22, 2004

colonel_korn posted:

Or that the word is "biased" and not "bias". That's the flag for me, when someone uses bias as an adjective.

Morroque
Mar 6, 2013
I'm actually kind of torn on this one. At times, meeting graduation requirements felt hard enough as it was. Adding more prereqs to the pile seems awkward to me. Then again, all universities roll things out slightly differently, so maybe theirs could fit it in somehow.

It's my honest hope that they would've at least let the mandatory credit replace one other. My university had these mandatory "foundations of academic writing" courses that all students had to take, but didn't do much other than to review the basics of English grammar. It was a waste of time, tuition, and textbook money. Many students felt actively insulted by the material for thinking so poorly of them. If my university were to offer native studies as a non-elective, I would hope they'd use it to replace those other godawful courses.

AegisP
Oct 5, 2008
I would imagine that they would create 1st or 2nd year courses to facilitate the indigenous studies distribution requirement that don't gently caress with upper year requirements of degrees that are hard enough to get in as it is (or at least, in some universities).

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

CLAM DOWN posted:

I don't understand how you can be so mentally deficient that you can actually think this is true...

It's a two part process:

(1) never have been in a real-life situation where you had to work two full-time lovely jobs for any significant period of time

(2) have a frightening lack of basic empathy

colonel_korn
May 16, 2003

Morroque posted:

I'm actually kind of torn on this one. At times, meeting graduation requirements felt hard enough as it was. Adding more prereqs to the pile seems awkward to me. Then again, all universities roll things out slightly differently, so maybe theirs could fit it in somehow.

It's my honest hope that they would've at least let the mandatory credit replace one other. My university had these mandatory "foundations of academic writing" courses that all students had to take, but didn't do much other than to review the basics of English grammar. It was a waste of time, tuition, and textbook money. Many students felt actively insulted by the material for thinking so poorly of them. If my university were to offer native studies as a non-elective, I would hope they'd use it to replace those other godawful courses.
University of Winnipeg's degree program already stipulates that all majors need 12 credit hours of humanities, so probably this just says that at least four of those must be from a course related to indigenous studies.

ecureuilmatrix
Mar 30, 2011

quote:

Hon. Maxime Bernier (Beauce) — Innovation, Science and Economic Development

CET OSTIE DE GARLOT DE GNOCHON À LA SCIENCE TABARNAK

(Incidentally, the only time I visited the West Building of Parliament, I had to sidestep him as I entered and he exited.)

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

colonel_korn posted:

University of Winnipeg's degree program already stipulates that all majors need 12 credit hours of humanities, so probably this just says that at least four of those must be from a course related to indigenous studies.

This is correct

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a primate
Jun 2, 2010

ecureuilmatrix posted:

CET OSTIE DE GARLOT DE GNOCHON À LA SCIENCE TABARNAK

(Incidentally, the only time I visited the West Building of Parliament, I had to sidestep him as I entered and he exited.)

I only know Ostie and Tabernak, I need some help on the other two