Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
I guess the 162 character limit prevents him from saying "I didn't suggest a database-a reporter did, and I said 'I would certainly implement that. There should be a lot of systems, beyond databases.'"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
There is a yooge difference between a list, and a database.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
Rubio going full fascist. We are so far beyond where I thought we would be.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Rush is currently talking about this tweet fully defending Trump.

In fact Rush has spent most of his show defending Trump.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

AgentSythe posted:

Has Ben Carson addressed the scalability issues of maintaining a database for each person?

lol

I'm sorry I am literally laughing right now at your joke and I commend you for it

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

What part of this are we not doing already? (Besides defeating terrorism)

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
It would be hilarious if Trump weasels his way out of this and Rubio and Friend Ben are left holding the fascist bag

Spiky Ooze
Oct 27, 2005

Bernie Sanders is a friend to my planet (pictured)

click the shit outta^

Montasque posted:

Conservatives reach-arounding each other about tough guy rhetoric, why I never...

amanasleep
May 21, 2008

Montasque posted:

To be fair, in the video of the exchange it's pretty clear that Trump didn't really know what the reporter was talking about, and kept pivoting to the wall, etc. Like, "Yeah Yeah a database and systems to track illegals sounds swell, but let's get my Yuuge wall up first!"

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
"I'm not Hitler, I just said I agree with Hitler because I am too dense to understand a simple question" - a guy that a lot of people think should be president

nachos posted:

It would be hilarious if Trump weasels his way out of this and Rubio and Friend Ben are left holding the fascist bag

Rubio's answer is weaselly enough to get away with anything because he never says "yes we should have a database" or anything else particularly definitive

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

nachos posted:

If Carson goes all in he can pick up some support here...

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Full Battle Rattle posted:

There is a yooge difference between a list, and a database.

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

I was being silly, but this is still very amusing.

Arcanen
Dec 19, 2005

THA TITTY THRILLER posted:

What part of this are we not doing already? (Besides defeating terrorism)

I'm a white Ivy League rear end in a top hat from Australia, and I am required to: notify homeland security whenever I change addresses, ask homeland security whenever I want to do an internship, ask homeland security whenever I want to do anything that will result in me getting income, ask homeland security if it's ok to sneeze. They also required that I be ten-printed.

Of course they already do all of this stuff, and have all of these databases already. There's simply no way that they don't, when they keep all of this on me.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Montasque posted:

Are you sure the plan is pivot to Cruz? This would be the chance.

Fritz Coldcockin
Nov 7, 2005

Got that kids? A watch list == BETTER THAN A DATABASE.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

Logikv9 posted:

Just imagine the 2020 or 2024 Republican Primaries when all the candidates running are looking back to Trump and taking notes on how really, really crazy = good polling

Every election since I was a child has become crazier and crazier. 2000, 2004, 2008, 2012, and now 2016, where we have a inherited-money billionaire and reality TV star best known for his sentient hair and complete lack of class portraying himself as the ultimate outsider everyman candidate with stated policies to deport all Mexicans, build a huge Wall of Mexico, cut taxes to the bone especially on the rich, get involved in another Middle East conflict, and start lists/databases/whatever you want to call them on Muslims.

And he's the GOP frontrunner by a significant margin with no clear indication of stopping anytime soon.

I can't even begin to imagine what the 2020 or 2024 elections would look like.

Skull Servant
Oct 25, 2009

I eagerly await Big Trumper.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Shakugan posted:

I'm a white Ivy League rear end in a top hat from Australia, and I am required to: notify homeland security whenever I change addresses, ask homeland security whenever I want to do an internship, ask homeland security whenever I want to do anything that will result in me getting income, ask homeland security if it's ok to sneeze. They also required that I be ten-printed.

Of course they already do all of this stuff, and have all of these databases already. There's simply no way that they don't, when they keep all of this on me.

Exactly. All of Donald Trump's big plans for America are like this. Other than THE WALL, his national security policies seem to amount to "Do exactly what we are doing now, but more and also better."

Prof. Lurker
Mar 10, 2015

I've got the fire of human liberty!

I'm setting fires everywhere!

And humans are turning on everywhere!
Kanye vs incumbent Trump should be a blast.

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

"Jeb Bush just talked about my border proposal to build a "database." It's not a database, Jeb, it's a WATCH LIST, and there's a BIG difference!"

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Rubio is the guy who goes to both a Catholic and Southern Baptist church, right? Someone should ask him which of the two he thinks should be put under government surveillance.

Hadaka Apron
Feb 12, 2015

This reminds me a lot of the Fourteen Words.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fourteen_Words

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
It isn't fascism when it's against non white Christian Americans

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

You know I just realized a Kanye West campaign would probably be a lot more sane and reasonable than Trump's has been, and we've still got a year to go.

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
Database is going to become a slur in the next few days

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
trump is

a facist

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

TheTatteredKing posted:

Are you sure the plan is pivot to Cruz? This would be the chance.

Can't pivot off of a lamestream media attack.

The pivot was supposed to be off of Trump's Carson attack, but Hannity told everyone to grow up, then Paris happened.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Bryter posted:

"Jeb Bush just talked about my border proposal to build a "database." It's not a database, Jeb, it's a WATCH LIST, and there's a BIG difference!"

a huge, beautiful watch list. and isis will pay for it.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

A new benchmark. Have a question? READ THE TWEET!

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot
trump should propose boots on the ground in mexico, i'd think that would play to the base

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

stoutfish posted:

trump should propose boots on the ground in mexico, i'd think that would play to the base

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Montasque posted:

A new benchmark. Have a question? READ THE TWEET!

"Read my tweets... no. more. terror!"

stoutfish
Oct 8, 2012

by zen death robot

uncle sam gonna boot that hobbit until it learns to love big trump

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Cantorsdust posted:

Every election since I was a child has become crazier and crazier. 2000, 2004, 2008, 2012, and now 2016, where we have a inherited-money billionaire and reality TV star best known for his sentient hair and complete lack of class portraying himself as the ultimate outsider everyman candidate with stated policies to deport all Mexicans, build a huge Wall of Mexico, cut taxes to the bone especially on the rich, get involved in another Middle East conflict, and start lists/databases/whatever you want to call them on Muslims.

And he's the GOP frontrunner by a significant margin with no clear indication of stopping anytime soon.

I can't even begin to imagine what the 2020 or 2024 elections would look like.

Actual Hitler 2020

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Patter Song posted:

The undercard qualification is just hitting 1% in four different national, Iowa, or NH polls after Oct 29th. Santorum, Graham, Pataki, and Huckabee have all already qualified.
Awesome.

This is what I mean about Trump getting more politically savvy. He saw that he got backlash and that he didn't have enough support when he said database, so now he's pivoting/spinning to a "list" and blaming it on a reporter (read: the media).

Trump is getting really good at this, it's scary.

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Mitt to ride in on a white horse proposing a binder full of Muslims.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

By Monday he will claim that a 'list' was a word made up by the Lamestream Media and bam, he's fully weaseled his way out of the whole thing.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Montasque posted:

According to Silver, Scott Walker still has a better chance of getting the nomination than Donald Trump.

Joementum posted:

Which is true. In the extremely low chance of a brokered convention, Walker is a reasonable compromise candidate, making his chance of being the nominee non-zero.
loving Walker, seriously? Nobody likes that rear end in a top hat, he was polling at literally 0% when he dropped out.

If you're gonna go with a "compromise candidate", how about one that more than 0% of people want?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moktaro
Aug 3, 2007
I value call my nuts.

FAUXTON posted:

Trump uses a shock strategy like a morning radio show host - say/do something absolutely insane, bask in the attention, repeat. That works great against the GOP field since they're a bunch of wound-up manchildren who get mad if they can't yell too. The problem for Trump is that the whole shock radio act doesn't work if you just acknowledge he's a raving lunatic and be dismissively calm. That kind of poo poo enrages people like Trump, because it starves their desire for exhibitionist attention but also rubs a bit of salt in the wound by treating him like a joke, like laughing at a kid throwing a tantrum.

Clinton's really good at the whole calm dismissiveness thing.

Yeah, pretend I linked the "I'M DUMB AND SO GODDAMNED CRAZY" cartoon here, that's Hillary vs. Trump for ya.

William Bear posted:

On Registering Muslims and Closing Mosques:

Rubio: “It’s not about closing down mosques. It’s about closing down any place — whether it’s a cafe, a diner, an internet site — any place where radicals are being inspired. The bigger problem we have is our inability to find out where these places are, because we’ve crippled our intelligence programs, both through unauthorized disclosures by a traitor, in Edward Snowden, or by some of the things this president has put in place with the support even of some from my own party to diminish our intelligence capabilities. So whatever facility is being used — it’s not just a mosque — any facility that’s being used to radicalize and inspire attacks against the United States, should be a place that we look at."

Vote Rubio to smash the unions commies Muslims!

• Locked thread