Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

stubblyhead posted:

Pretty sure it is. I imagine the real fireworks will be on Monday when the CE realizes he wasn't bluffing.

Bonus points if the CE still doesn't know

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

neogeo0823 posted:

Gonna just drop this here, cause I think some of you guys might appreciate it.

Abstract goatse (zipties are the ring)

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

Migishu posted:

Bonus points if the CE still doesn't know

He has not indicated even a little that he's aware. They aren't interviewing, there's no job listing, people have been coming by and hugging me all day, there's a literal "Goodbye Larchesdanrew" banner in the break room with a photo people are signing. Last night there was a farewell dinner for me that CE was specifically invited to, and his only response was "who's leaving?" And then he walked off before anyone could answer. He's actually been telling me stuff I need to do next week and apparently my raucous laughter and "are you serious?" Weren't clues enough.

If it wasn't for the fact that HR literally has a signed resignation letter along with exit paperwork right now, I'd be worried.

It's going to be :allears: as gently caress come Monday.

Segmentation Fault
Jun 7, 2012

larchesdanrew posted:

people have been coming by and hugging me all day

I'm really hoping the gimp blind anchor guy isnt doing this

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Does CE have your cell number?

KoRMaK
Jul 31, 2012

larchesdanrew posted:

He has not indicated even a little that he's aware. They aren't interviewing, there's no job listing, people have been coming by and hugging me all day, there's a literal "Goodbye Larchesdanrew" banner in the break room with a photo people are signing. Last night there was a farewell dinner for me that CE was specifically invited to, and his only response was "who's leaving?" And then he walked off before anyone could answer. He's actually been telling me stuff I need to do next week and apparently my raucous laughter and "are you serious?" Weren't clues enough.

If it wasn't for the fact that HR literally has a signed resignation letter along with exit paperwork right now, I'd be worried.

drat, who is gonna tell us monday how he reacts?

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Wilford Cutlery posted:

Does CE have your cell number?

Oh you goddamn know he does.

Migishu
Oct 22, 2005

I'll eat your fucking eyeballs if you're not careful

Grimey Drawer

larchesdanrew posted:

He has not indicated even a little that he's aware.

Oh my god this is just too perfect

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Just Offscreen posted:

Oh you goddamn know he does.

Tindeck.com is a great place to post those meltdown voicemails ;-)

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy
"Larches. It's almost 12PM where are you?!"
"I quit"
"You can't quit you're fired!"

Dr. Arbitrary
Mar 15, 2006

Bleak Gremlin

larchesdanrew posted:

Denial — The first reaction is denial. In this stage individuals believe the diagnosis is somehow mistaken, and cling to a false, preferable reality.
Anger — When the individual recognizes that denial cannot continue, it becomes frustrated, especially at proximate individuals. Certain psychological responses of a person undergoing this phase would be: "Why me? It's not fair!"; "How can this happen to me?"; '"Who is to blame?"; "Why would this happen?".
Bargaining — The third stage involves the hope that the individual can avoid a cause of grief. Usually, the negotiation for an extended life is made in exchange for a reformed lifestyle. People facing less serious trauma can bargain or seek compromise.
Depression — "I'm so sad, why bother with anything?"; "I'm going to die soon so what's the point?"; "I miss my loved one, why go on?"
During the fourth stage, the individual becomes saddened by the mathematical probability of death. In this state, the individual may become silent, refuse visitors and spend much of the time mournful and sullen.
Acceptance — "It's going to be okay."; "I can't fight it, I may as well prepare for it."; "Nothing is impossible."
In this last stage, individuals embrace mortality or inevitable future, or that of a loved one, or other tragic event. People dying may precede the survivors in this state, which typically comes with a calm, retrospective view for the individual, and a stable condition of emotions.

Malek
Jun 22, 2003

Shut up Girl!
And as always: Kill Hitler.

Dr. Arbitrary posted:

Denial — The first reaction is denial. In this stage individuals believe the diagnosis is somehow mistaken, and cling to a false, preferable reality.
Anger — When the individual recognizes that denial cannot continue, it becomes frustrated, especially at proximate individuals. Certain psychological responses of a person undergoing this phase would be: "Why me? It's not fair!"; "How can this happen to me?"; '"Who is to blame?"; "Why would this happen?".
Bargaining — The third stage involves the hope that the individual can avoid a cause of grief. Usually, the negotiation for an extended life is made in exchange for a reformed lifestyle. People facing less serious trauma can bargain or seek compromise.
Depression — "I'm so sad, why bother with anything?"; "I'm going to die soon so what's the point?"; "I miss my loved one, why go on?"
During the fourth stage, the individual becomes saddened by the mathematical probability of death. In this state, the individual may become silent, refuse visitors and spend much of the time mournful and sullen.
Acceptance — "It's going to be okay."; "I can't fight it, I may as well prepare for it."; "Nothing is impossible."
In this last stage, individuals embrace mortality or inevitable future, or that of a loved one, or other tragic event. People dying may precede the survivors in this state, which typically comes with a calm, retrospective view for the individual, and a stable condition of emotions.

Counter Argument: These literally assume the reaction of a sane person.

Wrath of the Bitch King
May 11, 2005

Research confirms that black is a color like silver is a color, and that beyond black is clarity.
Based on everything I've read over the past however long it has been, his CE has legit mental health issues.

Doccers
Aug 15, 2000

Patron Saint of Chickencheese

larchesdanrew posted:

Larches, I need to know what station this is so I can watch everything start falling apart come Monday...

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

stubblyhead posted:

Pretty sure it is. I imagine the real fireworks will be on Monday when the CE realizes he wasn't bluffing.

The real fireworks will be Friday evening when something breaks on-air and no one will be able to fix it.

FreshFeesh
Jun 3, 2007

Drum Solo
Who's going to script the Google docs which manages their entire election coverage? :ohdear:

BaseballPCHiker
Jan 16, 2006

FreshFeesh posted:

Who's going to script the Google docs which manages their entire election coverage? :ohdear:

The CE has the entire Buffalo staff on retainer for emergencies just like this.

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I was just looking at it and I suddenly got this urge to get inside. No, not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

FreshFeesh posted:

Hey!

It's OneDrive.

PremiumSupport
Aug 17, 2015
I work for a smallish non-profit as an accountant, but made the mistake of mentioning that I build my own computers at home. Suddenly I became the organizations tech guru. Over the past two years I've replaced 35 XP workstations with new Win 7 hardware, built 2 brand new security DVR systems and a new win 2012 server to replace our ailing SBS 2003 server. I also somehow successfully migrated the Exchange 2003 server that was part of SBS and corrupting mailboxes left and right to a new Exchange 2010 install which has (knock on wood) been stable for six months now. I have had no formal sysadmin experience or training before this job, so I attribute much of my ability to do the job to Google and stuff I've picked up from this thread.

I've been reading this thread (and it's predecessor) from the beginning over the last couple years. I'm still only up to page 550, but I just had to post because...

A Sticky Note came in!

quote:

"Emergency!!!
Please fix Admin Printer!
Paper Jam Can't be cleared!!
Nothing will print!!
Need to fix ASAP!!"

The printer in question is a Lanier MP C3002 that we rarely if ever have had a problem with, and that we have a service contract on. If there is a problem we're supposed to call the printer tech using the number posted on the printer rather than trying to fix it ourselves. I walk over anyway to take a look before calling. Sure enough there's an error message on the screen:

quote:

Please put 8 1/2" by 11" paper into tray #3

:rolleyes:

Judge Schnoopy
Nov 2, 2005

dont even TRY it, pal

BaseballPCHiker posted:

The CE has the entire Buffalo staff on retainer for emergencies just like this.

If you hire more than 95% of Buffalo staff they will all attempt to help simultaneously and crash the system

QuiteEasilyDone
Jul 2, 2010

Won't you play with me?
A call came in

:j: Hello I'm having an error message with shoretel communicator that counts down
I'm sorry to hear that, can you tell me what this error message says?
:j: I can't, listen I've been having this problem for a long time, I've sent in screenshots and worked for weeks on this.
*Perform a bit of searching, find a single case from 2 months ago*
Ma'am, it appears that I can only find a single case from two months ago
:j: That's because I emailed $otherVendor, now can't you help me?
Sure, but I'm going to need some information...
:j: But I sent in all the information.
I don't appear to have that on file because that is a separate organi...
*click*

Guess she didn't want help. Worst thing is, I don't even have access to their Shoretel system so... back to $otherVendor

QuiteEasilyDone fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Nov 20, 2015

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic

larchesdanrew posted:

Oh man, he's definitely in denial. "If I don't acknowledge them leaving, they won't!" :allears:

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Volmarias posted:

The real fireworks will be Friday evening when something breaks on-air and no one will be able to fix it.
I figure by Monday they'll just be airing a test pattern, and not even the color bars, it will somehow be that black-and-white indian-head one from the 50's.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

The test pattern generator output will have been disconnected and a feed from a random CCTV camera will appear instead, upside-down.

QuiteEasilyDone
Jul 2, 2010

Won't you play with me?
Panning back and forth across the basement, a pile of refuse under the station will occasionally shift positions across the basement, the lens of discarded cameras and screens staring back soulfully.

BallerBallerDillz
Jun 11, 2009

Cock, Rules, Everything, Around, Me
Scratchmo
If there was ever a time for the triumphant return of Max Headroom.

Gealar
May 2, 2013
The guy who normally handles our enterprise Bigfix and SCCM quit last week.

So now I get to learn how to do all that stuff. Bonus I have to migrate from SCCM 2007 to SCCM 2012 before the 1st of December. I guess this is one way of building a resume up.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Doccers posted:

Larches, I need to know what station this is so I can watch everything start falling apart come Monday...
For real we gotta know

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

The Nards Pan posted:

If there was ever a time for the triumphant return of Max Headroom.

http://chicagoist.com/2015/11/20/video_remembering_the_very_weird_ma.php

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

neogeo0823 posted:

Gonna just drop this here, cause I think some of you guys might appreciate it.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

RE: A ticket came in: Peep dat coax :eyepop:

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

The cleanest 10 Base 2 network on Earth! :pseudo:

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

I'm now imagining the satisfying "Thud" Noise you'd get bashing someone over the head with one of those trunks of cable.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

Kurieg posted:

I'm now imagining the satisfying "Thud" Noise you'd get bashing someone over the head with one of those trunks of cable.

The CE sighed as he drew his cat5 o' nine tails.

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

stubblyhead posted:

:golfclap:

This prompted me google searching to see if Buffalo made cat5 cables, and I'm actually kind of glad (it seems) they don't.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

stubblyhead posted:

:barf:

Haquer posted:

:golfclap:

This prompted me google searching to see if Buffalo made cat5 cables, and I'm actually kind of glad (it seems) they don't.
http://www.buffalo-asia.com/forhome/pc_life/cable/bsls6fuseries-ap/

h34rts
Aug 3, 2012

I drink coffee because
I need it and I drink gin
because I deserve it.
Lipstick Apathy
I just cleared 117 tickets in under 7 hours, not counting replies.

And they seriously want to fire me.

:catstare:

A Frosty Witch
Apr 21, 2005

I'm freeeeeeeeeeeee

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.
:toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
Good job man. I'll crack one open in your honor this evening, and another once you've achieved gainful employ elsewhere.

• Locked thread