Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

If I know the filename of the save I want to load can I load it with a console command?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob NewSCART
Feb 1, 2012

Outstanding afternoon. "I've often said there's nothing better for the inside of a man than the outside of a horse."

RBA Starblade posted:

HALT HALT HALT HALT

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Zaphod42 posted:

I like how you find fusion cores in generators underground and stuff, I only wish you could put a depleted core into one and come back later and grab it when its filled up. I guess the idea is that the stuff used to be running and filled up that core, but now its all turned off so it doesn't?

Also would be loving legit if I could build my own fusion core power plant, just like attach some electric generators to a fusion core station or something. Although I guess that might be too OP?
I'm sure a mod will introduce this, also Photovoltaic panels, pre-war/vault tec prefabs and building panels, shopfronts that are customisable, and and and...

I'm currently making Vault city 2, and I need more build slots. What was that mod which gets rid of the limitations?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Akion posted:

I am torn on a name for this. Either "Lockdown" or "Don't Move!"

IT'S COMIN RIGHT FOR US

Not Al-Qaeda
Mar 20, 2012
any way to fix the invisible lockpicking bug on a 5:4 monitor if the often cited mod that fixes it doesnt work?

Falken
Jan 26, 2004

Do you feel like a hero yet?

Cirosan posted:

Released a new version of Full Dialogue Interface last night that corrects a multitude of issues. Working on a final, feature-complete version now.

Once that finalized groundwork for the English version is done, translation work for all the other languages can begin in earnest. The current French translation is a functional but quick-and-dirty proof of concept.

Still can't believe how that mod has taken off. It's pretty crazy.
Well, this mod has changed the game for me.

e: Also the minigun with the tribarrel is really neat. I wish it had a slower firing sound though.

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

rocket_Magnet posted:

When settlers decide to take your power armor for a joy ride will they always bring it back? :ohdear: I left a fusion core in and didn't really believe that they can and will take it, I've looked all over the settlement and I cant find them.

They won't return it to the rack but they also won't like, fast travel or leave the area. When there's no more threat to the settlement they'll just get out wherever they are when the all clear goes up or whatever.

So unless someone ELSE comes along and steals it, which would only happen when you are nearby since the game doesn't play that poo poo out when you aren't there, it's still sitting empty somewhere nearby. You just have to find it the old fashioned way since it stops showing up on your map.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

JoshTheStampede posted:

They won't return it to the rack but they also won't like, fast travel or leave the area. When there's no more threat to the settlement they'll just get out wherever they are when the all clear goes up or whatever.

So unless someone ELSE comes along and steals it, which would only happen when you are nearby since the game doesn't play that poo poo out when you aren't there, it's still sitting empty somewhere nearby. You just have to find it the old fashioned way since it stops showing up on your map.

Well unless the villager is the one who runs the supply route as they can just up and walk off on their route with it.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
The lighting in the game is much better than Fallout 3.

And some of the little details are a lot better, too. Look at these 2 overpasses:

And these 2 scrapyards:

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro

Geokinesis posted:

Well unless the villager is the one who runs the supply route as they can just up and walk off on their route with it.

I don't think the Provisioner ever actually walks that route. They spawn with the Brahmin in your settlement when you are there so you can see they exist, but you never run in to them on the road along the way, do you?

Party In My Diapee
Jan 24, 2014
Was somebody itt talking about there being a inventory sorting mod out, or was i just dreaming that?

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I have ran into cricket just walking along the road.

Doctor Shitfaced
Feb 13, 2012
Do Companions count towards the settler cap for settlements?

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

JoshTheStampede posted:

I don't think the Provisioner ever actually walks that route. They spawn with the Brahmin in your settlement when you are there so you can see they exist, but you never run in to them on the road along the way, do you?

I've run into provisioneer's between settlements before.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.

The Lone Badger posted:

If I know the filename of the save I want to load can I load it with a console command?

Yeah. I use 'save gara1 and 'save gara2 quite often. 'load gara1 and 'load gara2 etc.

(The button above @, the ' is the console button for me.)

[edit] I also have a 'save lunchbox because that noise is loving hilarious.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
Other than his costume switching gimmick is there any reason to keep Deacon as a companion? I ditched him to some far-flung settlement to be a dirt farmer the instant he judged me for shooting up some Psycho Jet. I didn't get total chem resistance to not do drugs, fuckyouverymuch.

Rookersh
Aug 19, 2010

JoshTheStampede posted:

I've run into multiple provisioners in the world, and following them has them following my routes.

After I got the Minutemen back up and running/enough settlements operational, they started getting Minutement guards as well.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

chaosapiant posted:

Did you pick it up in "build" mode and now it's in your workshop by chance?

Hmm...maybe. I'll have to go check. I don't think I was, but it would explain it.

Emberfox
Jan 15, 2005

~rero rero rero rero rero
The super sledge doesn't seem to count as a melee weapon for Ninja it seems, or gets reduced sneak attack damage. Stuff like combat knives are getting the full 5x from Rank 2 Ninja, but the Super Sledge is only getting 4x for some reason.

It doesn't matter much because Super Sledge is far and away my strongest weapon, but it's sorta weird. I also don't think it's silenced (which makes sense), because I'm usually seen after using it.

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

There's a quest to go there and bring the radier leader back to the Institute because he's actually a synth. I wouldn't be surprised if that raider leader only shows up once you have that quest though and that some other guy is there if you clear it out beforehand.
There was a bunch of stuff on a computer there going on about how their leader used to a Minuteman leader or something, at the very top there was a dude in power armor, probably the one you're talking about, that took more shots from Le Fusil Terrible to take down than that poor legendary deathclaw that tried to say hi a few days ago. I haven't officially met the Institute yet but I probably won't cause I kill synths on sight just because people complain about them so much. Mostly playing by ear, I don't know anything about the ending so I don't know who I'm gonna make the winner when the end game comes.

Friar Zucchini fucked around with this message at 22:43 on Nov 20, 2015

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
My new favourite activity is knocking raiders or ghouls up with Pain Train rank 3, and then chopping their heads of mid-air with a melee attack.

Friar Zucchini posted:

There was a bunch of stuff on a computer there going on about how their leader used to a Minuteman leader or something, at the very top there was a dude in power armor, probably the one you're talking about, that took more shots from Le Fusil Terrible to take down than that poor legendary deathclaw that tried to say hi a few days ago.
That guy is actually not the guy needed for the quest. You don't even have to fight the quest guy.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Broken Cog posted:

My new favourite activity is knocking raiders or ghouls up with Pain Train rank 3, and then chopping their heads of mid-air with a melee attack.

RULES OF NATURE

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Colgate posted:

The super sledge doesn't seem to count as a melee weapon for Ninja it seems, or gets reduced sneak attack damage. Stuff like combat knives are getting the full 5x from Rank 2 Ninja, but the Super Sledge is only getting 4x for some reason.

It doesn't matter much because Super Sledge is far and away my strongest weapon, but it's sorta weird. I also don't think it's silenced (which makes sense), because I'm usually seen after using it.

On one hand, this could be a bug on Bethesda's part. On the other hand, it could very well be a feature. Who knows?

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Colgate posted:

Skyrim had a similar mechanic where if you got the backstabbing-related Stealth perks, daggers did something absurd like 15x damage while weapons like swords and axes "only" did 6x, and it really wasn't enough to make other melee weapons bad or useless for a rogue.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Doctor Shitfaced posted:

They seem to, and you can't assign a companion to a full settlement

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Doctor Shitfaced posted:

Yes. They can even be assigned to menial tasks like a settler too.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

RBA Starblade posted:

Yes. They can even be assigned to menial tasks like a settler too.

You telling me I can assign Strong to be my doctor?

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Azhais posted:

You telling me I can assign Strong to be my doctor?

I know I got Garvey and Codsworth to till the soil back when I had no settlers to do it, but that would be amazing if you could.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

I think they probably have a guy that points that out then another better guy that has just a job of saying "yeah, but would it actually be more fun if we decided everything on making a real life simulator", it is probably just a lot better to let players take whatever dumb low value crop and not worry about it being realistic. almost none of the crops anywhere in the game are marked as owned.

Part of what makes an open world game work, or indeed any game or any piece of artwork is internal consistency.

I think if Picasso had painted a teletubby in the middle of Guernica he might have been able to rationalize it any number of ways but it would kind of defeat the point of what he was trying to say.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Ddraig posted:

Part of what makes an open world game work, or indeed any game or any piece of artwork is internal consistency.

Not really, no. Following canon usually makes terrible art.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

For the past couple of hours I've been stuck with this graphical glitch. It's like

I have no status effects except molerat disease (how the gently caress do you cure diseases anyway?) and even quitting the game and reloading it doesn't help. I'm stuck in Fallout Noir.

BAILOUT MCQUACK!
Nov 14, 2005

Marco! Yeaaah...
Since playing on survival, I've been blowing up vehicles a lot more to hoping they would get me kills. It works well, but I get the feeling that when a zone resets and enemies respawn, the vehicles won't. Am I correct in this assumption?

hatesfreedom
Feb 20, 2007

I make a profit of three and a quarter cents an egg by selling them for four and a quarter cents an egg to the people in Malta I buy them from for seven cents an egg. Of course, I don't make the profit. The syndicate makes the profit. And everybody has a share.
I didn't really understand why I was building all these settlements until I got artillery support from them.

Now I have firebases everywhere.

There's something very satisfying about dropping heavy artillery on a site before I go in.

I'm very pleased with how this game turned out.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord

Ddraig posted:

The internal consistency is that crops are basically never marked as owned in this game and the game does not punish you for taking food and that they determined that complex rules of corn ownership were not as good an experience as not worrying about corn theft by the player or locking out content of the game because you took a tato.

Vargs
Mar 27, 2010

Hexenritter posted:

For the past couple of hours I've been stuck with this graphical glitch. It's like

I have no status effects except molerat disease (how the gently caress do you cure diseases anyway?) and even quitting the game and reloading it doesn't help. I'm stuck in Fallout Noir.

Dunno about your bug, but you can't cure molerat disease if you gave away the cure. The only way to resolve that quest ideally is to never get hit, never let your companion get hit (since that gives you the disease for some reason), and give up the cure at the end.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Ddraig posted:

I'd argue the opposite. Many excellent pieces of artwork are more interesting in thematic consistency than they are internal consistency. The people who care deeply about internal consistency over thematic consistency tend to be the people who run the Star Wars wiki.

Yeah, something is screwy if your everything changes from scene to scene (unless that is intentional!) but internal consistency isn't the be-all-end-all goal.

icantfindaname
Jul 1, 2008

computer parts posted:

Not really, no. Following canon usually makes terrible art.

fallout 4 is terrible art without following canon, so congratulations to Bethesda i guess?

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Curie: I've made a serum that can cure any disease known to man, but I only have enough for one dose!
Player: Couldn't you just make more? You have, like, the ingredients written down somewhere...right?
Curie: ...

Makes sense to me!

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

Hexenritter posted:

rimod 002041B6

Should fix it. I think you're stuck with the recon scope effect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

PantsBandit posted:

Curie: I've made a serum that can cure any disease known to man, but I only have enough for one dose!
Player: Couldn't you just make more? You have, like, the ingredients written down somewhere...right?
Curie: ...

Makes sense to me!

The ingredients were grown from special plants or something in the vault, and has long since rotted away. I think she mentions it when you meet her.

• Locked thread