Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,
prospects=lies, win=lose,

self=Pirates
Can't loving believe you bet a 2nd-round DD pick against a 2nd-round SD pick, Moose!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

ForeverBWFC posted:

Make me an offer for Simmons.

Hmm, what are you looking for? Danno and I had discussed '06 McGraw for him; if you're interested in John McGraw I can trade you him for Simmons.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

I still need 3 teams to volunteer to go no-DH. Not that it's immediately relevant. But I don't want anyone to build their roster with the assumption they'll have a DH and then get moved. That would be rude!

Ice To Meet You posted:

DH Preference, or in DH league
Akabira Killer Mikes
Aperture Scientists
Centralia School of Mines
Colma Skeletons
Columbus Natural 20s
Commonwealth Flying Dukaki
Genoa Janus
The Goog Day
Mexico City Mexicutioners
Modern Bourgeois
Da Pope's Chosen
St. Maarten Storm
Wasteland Vault Boys

Don't Care
yankeefans.gif

No-DH Preference, or in No-DH league
Alethkar Shardblades
UCKA Wapnott
Florida Oranges
Hill City Dinos
Rochester Generics
Upstate Highlanders

Robert Deadford
Mar 1, 2008
Ultra Carp

FairGame posted:

I would love one of your Goose Goslins, and now that I've burned my SD pick to acquire a starting pitcher, I have 1 too many SPs.

Specifically, Whitey Ford could be the SP4/5 you want. I could throw in 1 of a corner OF/1B type too, if Don Mattingly, Rafael Palmeiro, Joe Medwick, or Babe Herman do anything for you.

What years are your Medwick and Herman? I'll give you the younger of my Geese for Ford plus one of Medwick or Herman, depending on the year. I'm keeping the older Goose because he's a Dragon Original.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Ice To Meet You posted:

I still need 3 teams to volunteer to go no-DH. Not that it's immediately relevant. But I don't want anyone to build their roster with the assumption they'll have a DH and then get moved. That would be rude!

I need to stay DH for reasons previously posted in this thread, sorry!

PS Who got the 13th pick?

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Milt Thompson posted:

What years are your Medwick and Herman? I'll give you the younger of my Geese for Ford plus one of Medwick or Herman, depending on the year. I'm keeping the older Goose because he's a Dragon Original.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/u/1/d/1YmNcLoobZi1-x5i8s6TtMXERywzs6VVVZc89ZqzWbLI/edit#gid=0

Medwick is 1943
Herman is 1932

Space Fish Trade
1958 Whitey Ford
AND
1943 Joe Medwick OR 1932 Babe Herman

Dragons Trade
1929 (I think?) Goose Goslin

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

To reiterate for the new page:

The Dispersal Draft has started!

mooseontheloose and the Commonwealth Flying Dukaki are up!

There is a 24 hour window in which you can make your pick, then you will be skipped - you can still make your pick, but the ones after you might have picked before you, so make it quick!

The lists are not fully sorted yet, but it's not really important when you're just going to be picking Babe Ruth / Ty Cobb / Pete Alexander / etc. in the first round.

Monathin, tell us who won the postseason pick'em!

TheMcD fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Nov 19, 2015

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician

Pander posted:

Sure.

Accepted.

Actually, partly in the interest of not upsetting anyone and mostly because I'm seeing a lot of players that interest me and will probably be around by that pick I'm gonna rescind this trade, sorry :smith:

TKBomber7285
Feb 20, 2011

FairGame posted:

If the Phantoms aren't in the draft pool I hereby ask for special dispensation to trade my Roy Halladay with the corpse of the Phantoms.

My corpse refuses to trade with you.

CVE
Jan 27, 2012

Ice To Meet You posted:

I might go if noone else wants to provided I find a new home for McGraw then at an acceptable price.

CVE fucked around with this message at 00:28 on Nov 20, 2015

Robert Deadford
Mar 1, 2008
Ultra Carp

FairGame posted:

Space Fish Trade
1958 Whitey Ford
1943 Joe Medwick

Dragons Trade
1930 Goose Goslin

Dragons accept this trade as updated here.

Pander
Oct 9, 2007

Fear is the glue that holds society together. It's what makes people suppress their worst impulses. Fear is power.

And at the end of fear, oblivion.

Monicro posted:

Actually, partly in the interest of not upsetting anyone and mostly because I'm seeing a lot of players that interest me and will probably be around by that pick I'm gonna rescind this trade, sorry :smith:

That's understandable. Shame the league lost another Elmer flick!

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

CVE posted:

I might go if noone else wants to provided I find a new home for McGraw then at an acceptable price.

I'm still interested in McGraw and will probably have my sandwich pick available for trading, since I'm unlikely to get what I want from it. Drop by IRC sometime and we can maybe hash something out.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003
The Commonwealth Flying Dukaki pick 1941 Ted Williams.

edit: DivineCoffeeBinge is on the clock.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
I'll trade Gehrig and other good stuff for this pick

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company
So I've been offered a revamped infield and a really nice outfielder plus some later picks for this pick. And I was thinking, maybe I'd take a Babe Ruth or a Pete Alexander, but I've got enough holes in my team that several really good players might still be a better choice than one phenomenal one, so I'm leaning towards taking the offer.

Why am I telling you all this? Because it's possible that one of you will have an even better offer for me. I'm listening.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

And thus it begins once more...

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
I'm kicking the tires on this one, but I am potentially willing to deal star SP Hilton Smith for a first round pick if one of the players I'm interested in is available. I have other players for later picks if you're interested. There are a few that are untouchable as of right now, though.

The spreadsheet, if anyone is interested in some of the players listed!

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

Charlie Root ('32), who dominated the Sub-Par League last season, would be available for a late first round pick.

I might be pursuaded to take other forms of compensation, I guess

Pash
Sep 10, 2009

The First of the Adorable Dead

DivineCoffeeBinge posted:

So I've been offered a revamped infield and a really nice outfielder plus some later picks for this pick. And I was thinking, maybe I'd take a Babe Ruth or a Pete Alexander, but I've got enough holes in my team that several really good players might still be a better choice than one phenomenal one, so I'm leaning towards taking the offer.

Why am I telling you all this? Because it's possible that one of you will have an even better offer for me. I'm listening.

Feel like sharing what this mystery person offered?

Edit: I don't think my offer is great, but I want to throw something out there since we have no idea what this mystery party offered and might as well give it some semblance of competition:

2012 Pujols
1932 Chick Hafey
1981 Johnny Bench
2006 Mike Adams
1991 Randy Johnson
My Round 4 Pick

Pash fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Nov 20, 2015

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates

I have two proposals:

1) just pick the Ruth now and then talk trade; then the draft can continue and you can field trade offers without any time constraints

2) Trade Ruth to the Mexicutioners. They don't have the depth to offer you a Baseball Mogul Trade AI special with 17 pieces, but they do have the ability to give you Ted Williams (clearly better than Ruth, just look at this draft! :v: ) plus a solid dude to fill out your rotation. Or if you want slightly more depth, they could offer one of their two really good 2Bs, a lesser OF, and maybe a small piece (4th rounder, rando deadballer, even lesser OF). They've also got a 1st-round SD pick to play with.

GVOLTT
Dec 27, 2012

Honestly, I don't know what I want to put here, so I'm going with this.

tadashi posted:

Charlie Root ('32), who dominated the Sub-Par League last season, would be available for a late first round pick.

I might be pursuaded to take other forms of compensation, I guess
Enjoy your statistically insignificant season.

(But seriously, while I don't want him, you really should lower your asking price. We could probably get through round 2, maybe even round 3, and there still would be better pitchers left in the draft.)

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

GVOLTT posted:

Enjoy your statistically insignificant season.

(But seriously, while I don't want him, you really should lower your asking price. We could probably get through round 2, maybe even round 3, and there still would be better pitchers left in the draft.)

GVOLTT, you might have fallen victim to what we in the business call "exaggeration for comedic effect", or "a joke" for short.

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

I'll get the final stats up later today. Family stuff kept me from keeping track for a while but I've got a decent idea of who might've won.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

TheMcD posted:

GVOLTT, you might have fallen victim to what we in the business call "exaggeration for comedic effect", or "a joke" for short.

Also, you have to consider that Root's recent time in the league has been defined by: tiny sample sizes, pitching in The Dinger Temple, horrific BABIPs, and being way too loving old. We may not know what he can actually do.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Oh no, Pash, I learned my lesson about Randy Johnson. You're not putting me through that again!

Anyways Trade -

Centralia Mines receive:
Pick #15
Pick #44
'06 John McGraw
'41 Jimmie Foxx
'10 Joe Jackson
'75 Rod Carew

Oklahoma City Bombers receive:
Pick #2

mentholmoose
Nov 5, 2009

YKNOW THERES ONLY ONE DIRECTION I KNOW AND THATS DRIVIN STRAIGHT TO THE NET

Oh no, Pash, I learned my lesson about Randy Johnson. You're not putting me through that again!

Anyways Trade -

Centralia Mines receive:
Pick #15
Pick #44
'06 John McGraw
'41 Jimmie Foxx
'10 Joe Jackson
'75 Rod Carew

Oklahoma City Bombers receive:
Pick #2

I approve, and I'll take '27 Babe Ruth.

e: I can't wait to win 74 games next season.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

mentholmoose posted:

I approve, and I'll take '27 Babe Ruth.

e: I can't wait to win 74 games next season.

I am going to win the division and it'll be far dumber than when I beat the Scientists.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

99 Pedro

DOOP is up

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Peeeeedrooooooooooooo!!!

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

You motherfucker I was gonna do that t:mad:

:(

HulkaMatt
Feb 14, 2006

BIG BICEPS SHOHEI

Anyone who takes 04 Pedro - I'd like to see if I can make an offer to get him back on the Crows. Not sure what I'm willing to give, but if you end up with him please contact me.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

Yankeesfans.gif selects...

16 Pete Alexander

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
DivineCoffeeBinge, you should've run that offer past someone cuz you just got swindled hard.

Mornacale
Dec 19, 2007

n=y where
y=hope and n=folly,

self=Pirates
:siren: Apparently people did not see this post and thus are not taking me seriously when I discuss Mexicutioner-based trades :siren:

rabidsquid posted:

I am going to be out of town for awhile and while I am gone Mornacale is temporarily in charge of the Mexicutioners although you can still contact me via twitter.

e: Consequently, I should make it clear that the following is open to anyone with a Babe:

Mornacale posted:

2) Trade Ruth to the Mexicutioners. They don't have the depth to offer you a Baseball Mogul Trade AI special with 17 pieces, but they do have the ability to give you Ted Williams (clearly better than Ruth, just look at this draft! :v: ) plus a solid dude to fill out your rotation. Or if you want slightly more depth, they could offer one of their two really good 2Bs, a lesser OF, and maybe a small piece (4th rounder, rando deadballer, even lesser OF). They've also got a 1st-round SD pick to play with.

e2: Full disclosure, I will probably run any specific trade past rabidsquid just out of courtesy's sake, but we've specifically discussed using Teddy to get Babe so this is quite serious.

Mornacale fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Nov 21, 2015

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
You are some inconsistent motherfuckers

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

That haul for Ruth is incredibly good and anyone who thinks otherwise is either nuts or managing a team with so many resources that they can afford the luxury of a Ruth.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

A trade? Not sure if this is going or not, didn't hear back, and I'm going to bed soon, so I'll just throw this out there.

Hoboken Zephyrs send:

2003 Aramis Ramirez
2012 Matt Cain

Modern Bourgeois send:

1997 Curt Schilling

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Mornacale posted:

DivineCoffeeBinge, you should've run that offer past someone cuz you just got swindled hard.

FairGame posted:

That haul for Ruth is incredibly good and anyone who thinks otherwise is either nuts or managing a team with so many resources that they can afford the luxury of a Ruth.

Yeah, if I was running a Super-League quality team already then that'd be one thing, but taking a terrible team and adding some good draft picks isn't enough to keep them out of the Gauntlet - just ask the Murphs - so several good players rather than one excellent one seemed the wiser plan to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StupidSexyMothman
Aug 9, 2010

Yeah, if I was running a Super-League quality team already then that'd be one thing, but taking a terrible team and adding some good draft picks isn't enough to keep them out of the Gauntlet - just ask the Murphs - so several good players rather than one excellent one seemed the wiser plan to me.

And now you have two very high second-round picks and I might want one of them depending on who's available! The trade system works.