Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
Some of the admirals are kinda cool

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I forgot Aokiji had an accent.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Zoro speaking some hard truths

bondster
May 6, 2007

Grandpa tossin cannon balls like it aint no thang.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

No Grandpa don't do it.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

A sniper sure would be useful around now

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
I really love this show. Now here's a show that knows how to be serious and switch to funny jokes on a whim, and have it work.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Usopp...

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Baby come back...

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

One Piece has the best crying faces

bondster
May 6, 2007

THE WHOLE CREW IS BACK TOGETHER

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
lol oh my god that was fantastic

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Wer ist bereit zu tanzen?

bondster posted:

THE WHOLE CREW IS BACK TOGETHER

this World Tour is gonna fuckin' ROCK, lemme tell you

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

JT Jag posted:

Baby come back...

Any kinda fool could see...
Usopp was wrong, but One Piece can't live without him.

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

NUDIST
BEACH

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

this is going to sound strange, indecipherable, and difficult to parse

but Blumenkranz is the auditory equivalent of liquid sex, and i will stand by that statement no matter how nonsensical it may be

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

Argus Zant posted:

but Blumenkranz is the auditory equivalent of liquid sex, and i will stand by that statement no matter how nonsensical it may be
The first few episodes of Kill la Kill are really reminding me of how good it was initially and could have been

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Argus Zant posted:

Is that the name of the song that plays whenever Ragyo is on-screen?

Cause yeah, that doesn't sound strange at all. In fact it makes perfect sense.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

Argus Zant posted:

my source tells me that Wild Hunt (psycho group #2) was really only in the manga

also that apparently this show bombed so loving hard that they basically had to cancel the manga as well
So some good came out of the Akame Ga Kill anime after all!

Lanz
May 30, 2013

Cardboard Box A posted:

So some good came out of the Akame Ga Kill anime after all!

wait did it? Wiki says the manga's ongoing, at least as of October 26

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
Really nice work on the Ident Package. I really liked the One Piece defaulting to OG Toonami, The video fuckups and it lingering on the [adult swim] end card for just slightly longer than comfortable.

How long is intruder II said to go on for? Cause if it's going to get "worse" and for an extended period of time then we could go full blown Too Many Cooks before the end of this.

It kinda sucks they won't get to Ragyo before the end of this cause you could get some real Infomercial level nonsense out of her.

ConanThe3rd fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Nov 15, 2015

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

Lanz posted:

wait did it? Wiki says the manga's ongoing, at least as of October 26

my source said that the publisher gave the author "wrap this poo poo up" orders when the numbers for the anime audience started to roll in because the property was turning toxic

my understanding is that they were told to put the main plot on an express line to the end so that it would finish ASAP, but i will admit that i only know this poo poo via second-hand intel, so it's not completely unlikely that i'm mis-reporting

would make sense though; if the main purpose for anime is to sell the manga it's adapted from, then a bombed TV series would probably motivate a publisher to drop the property like a hot potato since it's clearly not drawing an audience

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Argus Zant posted:

Blumenkranz is too good to be wasted as a theme for such a lovely villain.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

ConanThe3rd posted:

Really nice work on the Ident Package. I really liked the One Piece defaulting to OG Toonami, The video fuckups and it lingering on the [adult swim] end card for just slightly longer than comfortable.

How long is intruder II said to go on for? Cause if it's going to get "worse" and for an extended period of time then we could go full blown Too Many Cooks before the end of this.

It kinda sucks they won't get to Ragyo before the end of this cause you could get some real Infomercial level nonsense out of her.

It should end on December 19.

Argus Zant
Nov 18, 2012

holy rollers

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

It should end on December 19.

Man the 12th ident package is just going to be all done by Everdraed, isn't it?

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
poo poo I completely forgot about Mike Tyson Mysteries

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
I hadn't gotten around to watching Mike Tyson Mysteries and now I'm really glad I started.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Is it just me or is Pigeon an even bigger rear end in a top hat this season? I'm not saying that's a bad thing, since he's the funniest character and I fully support Norm MacDonald having work.

Edit: does anyone else watch Fishcenter? It's strangely hilarious.

get that OUT of my face fucked around with this message at 08:12 on Nov 18, 2015

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.

Y-Hat posted:

Is it just me or is Pigeon an even bigger rear end in a top hat this season? I'm not saying that's a bad thing, since he's the funniest character and I fully support Norm MacDonald having work.

Edit: does anyone else watch Fishcenter? It's strangely hilarious.

Yeah Pigeon seems to be more openly antagonistic, but maybe that's because he's had to interact with strangers more?

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!

Argus Zant posted:

my source tells me that Wild Hunt (psycho group #2) was really only in the manga

also that apparently this show bombed so loving hard that they basically had to cancel the manga as well

Continuing my trend of having bad opinions, I like Akame ga Kill. I mean, there are individual moments I don't like, but overall I always check it out and usually enjoy it. With that said, I still only read the manga and haven't really checked out the anime, so I guess I can't like it that much.

Wild Hunt was definitely a group designed to make the audience hate them though, I can't recall a more blatant example of that thought process.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Well, that was an interesting Mike Tyson Mysteries. :stare:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The December marathons are DBZ and One Piece. DBZ reruns will not airing at 8 for the majority of December. Gotta get that 20 plays of Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer in.

Also I was thinking of doing something special on the 5th for the last Goonami of the year.

Edit: Never mind, Twitter gave me doubt.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Nov 20, 2015

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

The December marathons are DBZ and One Piece. DBZ reruns will not airing at 8 for the majority of December. Gotta get that 20 plays of Grandma Got Run Over By A Reindeer in.

Also I was thinking of doing something special on the 5th for the last Goonami of the year.

Edit: Never mind, Twitter gave me doubt.

They're still loving doing that????????

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Marathons or Grandma Got Run Over? Because Jason's made it clear that marathons are cheaper, pull in consistently high numbers, and are here to stay.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I still have no idea what I want to put on for tomorrow

Hace
Feb 13, 2012

<<Mobius 1, Engage.>>
It rhymes with MD Geist

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

hype for K/D Heist

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Yugioh it is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Season 0 or bust.

• Locked thread