Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!
When I get home, Halo: the Master Chief Collection

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015
I spend more and more time watching japanese lets players on nico nico and machine translating their comments about western games. It's terrible but interesting

It seems like older FPS games such as Bioshock and Modern Warfare got a lot more views before they had official translations. On several occasions I've seen Japanese players stand in one spot at the start of an FPS for five minutes, before realizing that they can walk around. Then it takes them another five minutes of strafing and realize the other stick is used to look around.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Trying to finish up this evaluation, but might take a while yet. Hopefully more Fallout!!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

je1 healthcare posted:

I spend more and more time watching japanese lets players on nico nico and machine translating their comments about western games. It's terrible but interesting

It seems like older FPS games such as Bioshock and Modern Warfare got a lot more views before they had official translations. On several occasions I've seen Japanese players stand in one spot at the start of an FPS for five minutes, before realizing that they can walk around. Then it takes them another five minutes of strafing and realize the other stick is used to look around.

:sadpeanut:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

First snowfall of the year tonight *puts on the water to boil for some herbal tea*

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

In Training posted:

First snowfall of the year tonight *puts on the water to boil for some herbal tea*

the feels

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I want to play Fire Emblem: Awakening, Fantasy Life, The Sims 4, and Fallout 4, and have been paralyzed by indecision since getting home from work.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
If I can get pcsx2 to work properly I am going to play Dragon Quest VIII tonight.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

rediscover posted:

If I can get pcsx2 to work properly I am going to play Dragon Quest VIII tonight.

:whitewater:

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

rediscover posted:

good

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

My PS2 doesn't work anymore.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

emugamers will always make the game run at 3x speed or change something about the game which is extremely lovely so please don't do that and just play the drat game as it was meant to be played.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I googled to see if it runs good on emulator or if it was like Nocturne where it doesn't really work and I found a bunch of forum threads of people comparing resolutions and complaining about how it runs bad when you try to play it at 4000x2000 with HD texture mods and it made me nauseous

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm going to watch UFC and then play some Guitar Hero Live most likely.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Too sad to game today. :sadpeanut:

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I forgot that Kero Blaster came out on steam so im gonna play that.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

This game is delightful.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

rediscover posted:

I googled to see if it runs good on emulator or if it was like Nocturne where it doesn't really work and I found a bunch of forum threads of people comparing resolutions and complaining about how it runs bad when you try to play it at 4000x2000 with HD texture mods and it made me nauseous

it runs good. only problem is there were only shadows in software mode when i played which makes the game run like rear end, but you also need shadows for one point later in the game

crunk dork
Jan 15, 2006
Fire emblem awakening so I can beat it and get a new game

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

i bought bravely default even though it probably would've been like 20 dollars in a few days, so i'll play that tonight.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

i played some ftl

i was having a rad as gently caress run (did the stealth ship unlock quest!) only to get destroyed in the 6th area

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

I finished my paper at the last possible minute instead of early, but I'm going to play 3ds games now regardless. Probably some online monster hunting.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I died in the very first dungeon of DQVIII. Am I doing something wrong or am I supposed to be getting murked by the bats and slimes.

SM64Guy
Apr 1, 2005

rediscover posted:

I died in the very first dungeon of DQVIII. Am I doing something wrong or am I supposed to be getting murked by the bats and slimes.

get medical herbs

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

rediscover posted:

it's a bit tough when starting, you have no spells or MP to speak of. just grind a little bit, stock up on medical herbs.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

rediscover posted:

I died there as we'll and then didn't die again until like 40 hours into the game. It's a bit tricky at the start because they're throwing you into the deep end

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I killed the butterfly using the Gold Pine Resin I got back in Undead Burg.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

FactsAreUseless posted:

I killed the butterfly using the Gold Pine Resin I got back in Undead Burg.

I don't use those. Maybe that's why I'm bad at Dark Souls

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Larry Parrish posted:

I don't use those. Maybe that's why I'm bad at Dark Souls

You don't need them. There's a summon right before the fog gate. Also that boss is one of those where you can be overleveled when you first encounter them.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Action Tortoise posted:

You don't need them. There's a summon right before the fog gate. Also that boss is one of those where you can be overleveled when you first encounter them.

I played DS2 before DS1 so I'm extra bad at I. I have never fought anything beyond the asylum demon.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Dark souls is p easy.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Dark souls is p easy.

lmfao

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Dark souls is p easy.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I played Isaac, tri-force heroes, Strider 2013 and RE4.

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Action Tortoise posted:

you don't need any of that poo poo anyway. the whole bossfight is just "can you roll at the right time" and if you can then you win.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

Larry Parrish posted:

I played DS2 before DS1 so I'm extra bad at I. I have never fought anything beyond the asylum demon.

Never tried ds2. It should be easier to play since there's no adaptability stat and the healing system is a lot more simplified.

lesbian baphomet posted:

you don't need any of that poo poo anyway. the whole bossfight is just "can you roll at the right time" and if you can then you win.

True.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

lesbian baphomet posted:

That's every boss fight in all of the souls games and bloodborne

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
pressing circle and then r1 at the right time ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

In Training posted:

That's every boss fight in all of the souls games and bloodborne

Yeah but it's the butterfly especially. he doesnt try to pull any crazy tricks or have ways to exploit his AI or have a particular spot to stand or strategy to use. Like yeah you can cheese it with sorcery or the witch or w/e else, but the fight on its own mechanics is almost nothing but entirely straightforward Attack Tell->Dodge. You dont even need to care about positioning because you're stuck on a little bridge and he's flying to the side shooting