Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

CashEnsign posted:

Lots of bitter in here. Next thing you know this thread will be flooded with rare pepes and meme.me So how about that Mitanni best seller?

idk man any time we shoot people they come out of the woodwork to cry about it

but then when we don't shoot people they cry about us NOT shooting people and "bluing up everyone"

we can't win :smithfrog:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Glory of Arioch posted:

idk man any time we shoot people they come out of the woodwork to cry about it

but then when we don't shoot people they cry about us NOT shooting people and "bluing up everyone"

we can't win :smithfrog:

Idk I've just come to consider every bitch post a small victory in itself

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

vote donald trump for president 2016

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Syndic Thrass posted:

Idk I've just come to consider every bitch post a small victory in itself

pretty much

on that note, wait until tomorrow cause holy gently caress

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Otacon posted:

vote donald trump for president 2016

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

"We weaponize boredom."
IT'S A loving VIDEO GAME.
Why else do you play a video game other than to have FUN.
All of these big groups need to stop treating their precious space pixels like a fat kid hoards candy, and loving go fight each other.
All of these huge piles of titans and supers and capitals, and they clash, what, maybe once every 18 months?
The way you guys are playing Eve is like having an RTS where everyone min/maxed their bases for production, and then just piled units up nonstop, while occasionally sending one out to do combat.
What in the actual gently caress is wrong with you people?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Glory of Arioch posted:

pretty much

on that note, wait until tomorrow cause holy gently caress

:allears:

Glory of Arioch posted:

I've been told emphatically over the last couple days that no one wants to fight goons/cfc/imperium they just want to do something called 'farming' and 'content'

Hexel fucked around with this message at 03:24 on Nov 21, 2015

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

crew posted:

I've been told emphatically over the last couple days that no one wants to fight goons/cfc/imperium they just want to do something called 'farming' and 'content'

and then they go "goons have no content lol :human being:"

then we go "uhhhhh yeah?"

and they go "LOL GOONS CRYING ABOUT NO CONTENT WHY DONT YOU UNBLUE YOUR 50K BLUES YOU BLUING BLUE human being BLUEHAVERS"

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

The bit they seem to miss is that while we're still huge we can and do still have a lot of smaller stuff due to SIGs. Its as if we have the best of both worlds or something.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

like this was w-4 local this evening, it also included a "didnt want that sov anyways"

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo
Had an idea even better than the BoB disband last night while at the Koi with Sion. Haven't had one like this in years. I'd apologize to the rest of the galaxy but :condi:

Dr. Pangloss
Apr 5, 2014
Ask me about metaphysico-theologo-cosmolo-nigology. I'm here to help!

Glory of Arioch posted:

and then they go "goons have no content lol :human being:"

then we go "uhhhhh yeah?"

and they go "LOL GOONS CRYING ABOUT NO CONTENT WHY DONT YOU UNBLUE YOUR 50K BLUES YOU BLUING BLUE human being BLUEHAVERS"

Querns, there's nothing I quite enjoy as much as when you have the bit between your teeth and and going full force about something.

Well, when it's wormholes, maybe not so much, but that's because I never really understood what you hated about wormholes (other than the culture, which we can agree is among the worst).

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
What many people outside the Cfc do not understand is that in the war against the gurista menace one can never have too many blues.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Dr. Pangloss posted:

Querns, there's nothing I quite enjoy as much as when you have the bit between your teeth and and going full force about something.

Well, when it's wormholes, maybe not so much, but that's because I never really understood what you hated about wormholes (other than the culture, which we can agree is among the worst).

:horse::gizz::corsair:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

the wormhole thing is mostly because wormholers like to think they're immune to the stuff that goes on outside the wormholes

i just like to remind them that they aren't

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

plus i got enough smug left from castrating wormhole pvp via the npcs/hr api info getting pulled that i can go on indefinitely

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

Glory of Arioch posted:

the wormhole thing is mostly because wormholers like to think they're immune to the stuff that goes on outside the wormholes

i just like to remind them that they aren't

Jesus christ. Let goons play how the gently caress they want to play. If you play games with goons in any other goddamn game they don't poo poo all over you for wanting to do something different or something that doesn't directly support THE CAUSE. This is probably why eve goons are looked at as literally the worst part of SA.

edit: tequila made me post

Darth Cookie is right except for your group can't have a mind of its own. This is truly the rub between the supposed "grr gon" goons and the rest in the imperium. The "grr gon" ones get so loving annoyed that goons can't just play the goddamn game together. For example: SV (circa 2014) would have been totally fine to not receive any reimbursement from the alliance as we weren't providing any real "strategic" support (and that funding was pulled) but to then apply all this bullshit pressure to essentially shutter that sig (the current iteration is not at all was SV was for the past 3 years) is just dumb and created super bitter feelings (my counselor says this goes back to my father) towards other goons.

tldr; lets all be friends (outside of the game, we can shoot each other all day in game)

mpaarating fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Nov 21, 2015

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

mpaarating posted:

Jesus christ. Let goons play how the gently caress they want to play. If you play games with goons in any other goddamn game they don't poo poo all over you for wanting to do something different or something that doesn't directly support THE CAUSE. This is probably why eve goons are looked at as literally the worst part of SA.

edit: tequila made me post

eve is a sociopathy sandbox m8, reach out and touch someone today

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

Glory of Arioch posted:

eve is a sociopathy sandbox m8, reach out and touch someone today

Well I know that. I'm just saying that we're actually the worst people on SA and maybe we should do something to remedy that.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

mpaarating posted:

Well I know that. I'm just saying that we're actually the worst people on SA and maybe we should do something to remedy that.

eve goons, noted villains on dead + gay forum

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Numismancer posted:

Had an idea even better than the BoB disband last night while at the Koi with Sion. Haven't had one like this in years. I'd apologize to the rest of the galaxy but :condi:

You're gonna be hard pressed to top that.

quote:

The way you guys are playing Eve is like having an RTS where everyone min/maxed their bases for production, and then just piled units up nonstop, while occasionally sending one out to do combat.

This is literally the way I play RTSes. Except I don't occasionally send one out to do combat, there is no loving point. Turtle up, build a max unit army of something funny, smash opponent.

I also only play AIs since that tactic doesn't work in real RTS matches, and I don't have fun playing the way everyone else plays.

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

Numismancer posted:

Disbanding CCP?

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi

Numismancer posted:

Sion is barely a person, I'm glad you can make use of him.

Numismancer
Sep 15, 2004

by sebmojo

mpaarating posted:

Sion is barely a person, I'm glad you can make use of him.

Your opinions are cute.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

o wormholes, lend my opinion strength

mpaarating
May 6, 2011

The Baddest Boi
senpai noticed me.

Today was a good day.

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

mpaarating posted:

Not true, I was kicked from the Runescape SA goons group for saying "man, that's so gay" in a completely non-homophobic way. After those guys I'm not so sure though.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
The goon is a strange creature, mysterious in his ways. Best to be avoided

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Numismancer posted:

Your opinions are cute.

It's like when Jokine got banned last time, except it's for SA sass posting instead of GF.com sass posting.

terrified of my bathroom
Jan 24, 2014

GAY BOATS

yeah thats boat's alt

there was some drama or something about who owned the rev bpc so the best course of action was giving it to moa and then immediately blowing it up in a thunderdome

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

grumplestiltzkin posted:

"You're bad people because you complain about other people on the internet"

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

bonewitch posted:

yeah thats boat's alt

there was some drama or something about who owned the rev bpc so the best course of action was giving it to moa and then immediately blowing it up in a thunderdome

Yes, I know who it was. I am on that killmail. I logged in using my phone to remote desktop while at work to whore on it.

My point is that it's on moa's kb as a loss.

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

CainFortea posted:

Yes, I know who it was. I am on that killmail. I logged in using my phone to remote desktop while at work to whore on it.

My point is that it's on moa's kb as a loss.

Share your magic spell combination so that my iphone can be useful other than having blue-bubbled text :allears:

Syndic Thrass
Nov 10, 2011

Bigbillthaboss posted:

Share your magic spell combination so that my iphone can be useful other than having blue-bubbled text :allears:

Shut the gently caress up bill you can't do it you stupid iPhone having bitch

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Numismancer posted:

Your opinions are cute.

Well if we go by voice, he's right. Dude sounds like an early era voice synth. Every time I hear his talk I keep expecting him to tell everyone they need to come in on saturday

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

Syndic Thrass posted:

Shut the gently caress up bill you can't do it you stupid iPhone having bitch

GRR STEVE JOBS

...but seriously you can't do it on an iphone I'm assuming? Are there cheap tablets that would be good for this?

Bigbillthaboss fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Nov 21, 2015

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

I dunno about iphones, just use whatever remote desktop viewing software is available.

Bigbillthaboss
Feb 25, 2013

TRASH ASS EDGELORD,
PUT ME ON IGNORE

CainFortea posted:

I dunno about iphones, just use whatever remote desktop viewing software is available.

My Nvidia graphics card software keeps acting like it implements remote view capabilities - is this true? Or is this some sort of software I need to snoop around for on the software subforum.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Viva Miriya posted:

what a thrill

Dozer, Hi. Buy my character for real life money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

causticBeet
Mar 2, 2010

BIG VINCE COMIN FOR YOU

"TopGoon[555 posted:

" post="452957068"]
They are a tiny alliance living in the shadows of the largest entity in the game. Do you expect them to square up for fleet fights? No, they will skirmish in cheap disposable doctrines and pick off dumbos, stragglers, ratters, and the like. That's what anyone in their position would do. You think what they do is boring but they probably think the same thing about the orbit+f1 nature of mega fleet fights that most CFC pilots enjoy.

The whining about blobbing *is* amusing to watch tho ))

Let me tell you a secret about whining about blobbing. 50% of the time they're trying to troll you in to feeding them kills. The other 50% of the time they're just loving awful whining retards.

The sad part about Moa is that they're bad at what they do. Look at some of the gangs that roam dek - a lot of them do genuinely interesting and unique things. Like they may be obnoxious autists but there's something to be said for people like sa matra or stunt flores that are able to generally avoid the dek police and kite a theta kitchen sink around for a few hours while picking off ratters.

But moa can't even do that. Like they've been doing the grr gon thing as long as anyone else and they're still stuck on trying to drop bombers on carriers.

• Locked thread