Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

aers
Feb 15, 2012

Kuroyama posted:

Maybe this time David Productions does it all in one go, then won't you all look foolish.

They're actually working on 2 shows at once right now so don't expect miracles, things could well be worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Silver2195 posted:

It should really be more like this (Edit: Bad Seafood edited out the post I was responding to):

Season One[list=1][*]Surface
[*]Yukako Yamagishi is in Love (1)
[*]Yukako Yamagishi is in Love (2)
[*]Yukako Yamagishi is in Love (3)
[*]Let's Go Out for Italian!
[*]Red Hot Chili Peppers (1)
[*]Red Hot Chili Peppers (2)

Geez, I forgot they defeated Akira THAT early. We're not too far off from that in the Let's Read thread.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Bad Seafood posted:

Someone else reuploaded it.

Who knows how long it'll be good for.

Don't worry too much about the video being taken down, /a/ have it in their pastebin so it'll never go away for good because someone there will fix dead URLs.

Love the art style of Part 4. It looks "lighthearted" and that fits a lot of Part 4 to a tee.
April 2016 is too far away yet so near.

E
http://jojo-animation.com

Key art here up in huge size.

I'll source dive and upload what I can in a couple of hours when I can if no one else gets to it.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 06:42 on Nov 19, 2015

Amgard
Dec 28, 2006

My fan theory is that Kira is modeled for this

smug little guy, both in general color choice and the fact he keeps pulling bullshit moves out of nowhere when he gets cornered. He also talks about how lucky he is all the time, especially near the end of Unbreakable Crazy D. Also he team up with a cat.

Araki, please confirm/deny.

edit: If so, Araki thought it through.

Amgard fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Nov 19, 2015

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Geez, I forgot they defeated Akira THAT early. We're not too far off from that in the Let's Read thread.

It's great cuz it seems like Akira's gonna be a much bigger deal than he ends up being.

I really want to get to that part soon because of the panel that is extremely me:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

given how much detail they've put into following the manga so far, i don't doubt that any 'iconic' moments may even have a shift in art to more accurately portray what's going on even if it's for a few seconds or whatever. i like the key art shown so far if nothing else. it's more light-hearted in a way, which fits the arc.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I can't get the character render out. I guess it's hosted elsewhere and called by javascript or something.

Here we are.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Nov 19, 2015

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

http://imgur.com/a/zeuM3

JJCA shared this

aaah and in the amount of time it took for me to hit reply and start typing, you'd already edited anyway.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the map of morioh by itself looks like really good wallpaper material. if only it didn't have the numbers.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

http://imgur.com/a/zeuM3

JJCA shared this

aaah and in the amount of time it took for me to hit reply and start typing, you'd already edited anyway.

Yeah, I'd been struggling to find it somehow. Thanks though!

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

the map of morioh by itself looks like really good wallpaper material. if only it didn't have the numbers.

*cough*
1920x1200
1920x1080

My drop box is acting wonky

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i appreciate the effort, but i mostly just want the map by itself. i like the aesthetics of it.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rx9sB4NicyQ

Today's video is Okuyasu :3:

e: Ultra Jump says next months JoJolion has a colour spread. Time for me to get unreasonably hyped about it being a megaton reveal and then it just be a colour Damo.
Heaven DIO is entirely unplayable at launch too, I guess there's always a chance they'll make him DLC.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Nov 19, 2015

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Oku :3:

Nice wallpapers!! I needed a new one.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Thanks for the wallpapers, really like the artstyle.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Dammit Aurain, I wish you hadn't explained how to color manga because now I've spent two nights just coloring random JoJo and OPM panels.

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Nice job!

Now somebody go color some Josuke and Okus in pink uniforms.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

Nice job!

Now somebody go color some Josuke and Okus in pink uniforms.

Ehhhh, maybe I should try again in the morning with a panel that didn't start pretty heavily shaded.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I'd say sorry but, but I'm not 'cos it's enjoyable.
They're really good, particularly as you're just getting started.

These are the tips I'd give to people doing it who want to keep doing so based, on what I've done in the past. Though I can only say they'll work in Photoshop CS5/6 because that's all I know how to use.

Also note that I'm also a total amateur (with a perfectionist mindset which probably doesn't help) and there's probably an art subforum on here that could probably sleep talk better advice than I could ever give. Everything I'm telling you could be a total no-no and a crime to anyone remotely pro.

- If you're looking to colour in "official" colours, sample them from the eye dropper on "official" art and save them in your swatches.

- Opacity is absolutely great. Colour your base in 100% opacity, but for shadowing, choose a darker version of the same colour (you'll get an eye for it) and you can do two different things. Change your brush opacity down and layer the paint to make it darker in some places or change the layer opacity on a 100% opacity brush to make it uniform. Changing the opacity on the darker colour makes it look like the original shade darkened by shadow.

This coupled on the eraser tool can make harsh edges bleed less.

- You can't have too many layers. On my latest piece, this is the layer window. (http://i.imgur.com/kZCCvgq.png). Note the size of the slider. There's probably only 2 or 3 I could safely remove.
The important thing about using layers is that you get leeway with mistakes. If you colour it all on one layer, you can't use the eraser if you go over the lines. Put your clothes layer above your skin layer though and you can colour over the lines of the clothes slightly and hide the mistake because the clothing colour goes over. If you go over the clothes onto skin, you can use the eraser on the clothing layer to erase the bleed without getting rid of the skin. You just have to keep the multiplied copy of the original on top and the the original on bottom.

- Skin is just difficult. I suck at it but to make it look less flat, you have to blend various tones into it because if you look at your own skin as reference and you can see that it's probably millions of little variations. There's a couple of ways I know of to give it some depth. Using a blending tool to mix dark and light versions of the same skin shade into it. Gradients, particularly to transparency are also really useful. I haven't got the hang of it yet, but it can make things look really good. I think being able to make good looking skin is probably the difference between someone who can't make money as even a hobby artist and one that just does it for fun.

- Take Araki's criss crossing or shading as freebies to shade. It's why he did it on the B+W after all, that alone gives some more depth. Josuke/Jotaro in SDC's drawn to have dark clothing, so you're always going to struggle to shade those a bit. "Multiply" layers make everything dark. Try it on an anime screen cap and you'll see. (Just use the eraser on the top layer to fix it for anime screens).

- Gradients aren't just good for skin. Take the sky on that Josuke picture. If you cut around the clouds and procedurally use a darker blue to light up top, it'd also give it some more depth. You could do it to the concrete similarly.

- Use reference photos or real life for lighting reference. If you know where the main light source is in the image, or where it could be, you could add highlights and darken appropriately.

- You don't have to like what you're working on, so long as you're doing it to practice something or get better at it. It's okay to think "maybe this isn't so good". I've got a couple of those in my folders that I could go back and work on to make better. It's not a failure to quit on one thing if it's not going how you want it to. It might actually be a sign of your improvement, that you've got yourself into a situation on it that you can't realistically fix and you've recognised it and how to not do that.

- You probably have to have an eye for complimentary and clashing colours. There's likely a bunch of indepth colour catalogues and do/do nots on the internet about colouring but I'd just say do what you want as long as it's just not awful to look at.

- It you want to go higher detail, it'll take a long time. I'm probably around 10 or 11 hours into my next one and the end's maybe getting into sight now.

- There's a million ways to do things and practice makes perfect. Like I say, I'm under no illusions that I'm not an amateur but I easily have a 30 hours of practice doing it and learned a lot about digitally painting things. In 30 more I might look back at everything I've done and delete them in embarrassment. I already think that I can improve my Kira a fair amount and it's one of my best pieces (probably).

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Please, what do you take me for, I know my way around CS6. :smuggo:

Seriously though, yeah, a lot of those tips are also pretty good for PhotoShop art in general. I can't even count how many times working on separate layers has saved my rear end from redoing like an hour of work. Also I'd like to add that it really helps to use the Magic Wand or Quick Select tool to section off bits of the art so that you're only coloring inside the shaded area. Doing that and then just using the paint bucket to fill an entire section saves time considerably. You don't really get any shading work with it, but hey, that's when you go in and play around with gradients or brushes.

Also, you caught me, I just sample colors straight from anime key art because I can't be bothered trying to work PhotoShop's color picker.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I don't think there's anything wrong with sample colours though to be fair. It's fun doing things in "stock" colours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=csAqs5Ighx0

We've got a couple of minutes of Zipper Man right here.
Using the zipper to zip along the ground is pretty awesome.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 09:56 on Nov 20, 2015

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I'm playing Final Fantasy Type-0 and I'm pretty sure all the VAs for part 4 are in this game.

Butt Ghost
Nov 23, 2013

Josuke Higashikata posted:

I don't think there's anything wrong with sample colours though to be fair. It's fun doing things in "stock" colours.

We've got a couple of minutes of Zipper Man right here.
Using the zipper to zip along the ground is pretty awesome.
So he plays like how he does in the Capcom game. Sweet.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Looks like you're only really able to move in a straight line with the zipper dash and going underground is just a teleport now instead of you actually going underground.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The teleporting makes enough sense really. There are roof top stages and such after all, building some ground for you to move around in under the maps would add a bunch of un-needed geometry and stress on the hardware.

The zipper trap stun made Narancia just hover above it, which looked a bit naff.

It's a shame you can't draw big zipper dicks though by dashing around.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

No matter what hardware limitations will hurt some of the more magi native stands (How is Joshuu going to work?) the important thing is that they got Weather Report snail animation perfectly down and I cannot wait to see snarled Pillarmen

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I believe the text of the UJ that reveals Joshuu says he's a trapper. SteelBallJack went over the issue on his YouTube but hasn't scanlated the pages yet to my knowledge.

He also says that the issue also says Gappy is a trapping character too.

e:
Wataru Hatano blogs about Part 4 anime.
http://yaraon-blog.com/archives/73631

He basically just says "I'm really happy that I could be Josuke for 3 years, look forward to the game in December" and the comments seem to be a bit mixed as well. Seems like Hatano as Josuke had fans over in Japan too.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Nov 20, 2015

Okuyasu Nijimura
May 31, 2015

Sticky Fingers is such a great Stand.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Okuyasu Nijimura posted:

Zipperman is such a great Stand.

ftfy

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

This is the name change that pisses me off the second most. First is "six bullets"

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
On the other hand, we got great ones like Boy Man Man and Filthy Acts at a Reasonable Price. I'd really like to know the thought process on why the name quality varied so greatly.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Half of Vanilla Ice's dialogue in the game is loving Vanilla Ice quotes and not even cleverly done ones, just flat out things he has said. I think it's very clear that the localization team at Namco-Bandai on All-Star Battle were trying to have their cake and eat it with a lot of that poo poo.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

I wonder which stands will be renamed in the Part 4 anime subs.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Fear the might of Green 'N Spicy Jalapeņos

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

WrightOfWay posted:

The only part 4 name change from all star battle that peeved me off was Crazy Diamond => Shining Diamond

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

diamond is not crazy

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

WrightOfWay posted:

The ones I remember from ASB are

Crazy Diamond -> Shining Diamond
Echoes -> Reverb
Pearl Jam -> Opal Jam
Red Hot Chili Peppers -> Chili Pepper
Killer Queen -> Deadly Queen
Stray Cat -> Feral Cat

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I love Diego's stand Spooky Creatures.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Waffleman_ posted:

I love Diego's stand Super Creeps

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The most powerful stand, Theme From Jurassic Park.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zYKupOsaJmk