Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Blurred posted:

Currently doing the rounds on my facebook feed:

stilted writing style - check
awkward timing - check
complete stranger intervenes on her behalf - check
small child says things way too complex for a small child - check
immediately embarrassed - check
hero who stepped in says it was nothing - check
and now we're marrried -
and that person was Albert Einstein -

You're 6 for 8, yep that's S that DH!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

oldpainless posted:

What do you mean by "you people?"

I'm goonist, can't stand them. It's a very self deprecating hate.

Tetracube posted:

http://imgur.com/gallery/2k7aAAm

Walmart, bastion of the sjw agenda

blunt for century
Jul 4, 2008

I've got a bone to pick.

bringmyfishback posted:

I wish this derail didn't loving happen.

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy
I got a couple of STDH stories in the wild today, courtesy of my batshit insane mother in law! :allears:

First of all, she apparently has a priest friend, despite being totally non-religious. But not just any priest, a PSYCHIC priest! Wowee! Apparently the Holy Trinity speaks through him and reveals the future. Not only did he tell her she has a ghost in her house name Jerry, but he also called her out of the blue in the middle of the night to tell her that she was put on this Earth for a purpose! Sometime in the future, someone in the real estate field (she is a mortgage broker) will come to her and confess that he is thinking of committing suicide, at which point God himself will begin to speak through her, and she will be able to convince this poor sap that life is worth living! How very special.

Also, she has another "friend" who is a self-proclaimed "weed doctor"/medicine man. Did you all know that weed is literally a panacea that can cure everything, including brain cancer? Apparently this guy was approached by some people who literally begged him to save their child, who was dying of brain cancer. Chemotherapy didn't cut it, so logically, these people went to some sketchy loser and begged him to inject their daughter IN THE BRAIN with weed oil. And after two months of injecting this weed oil directly into the brain tumour, the tumour shrivelled up and turned black and "died" (lol), and now the child is magically cured! Because that is a thing that can definitely happen. Apparently there are no ethical or medical issues with injecting drug-medicine, made by some whackjob in his basement, into a child's brain. How would he even inject it right into the brain tumour in a non-clinical setting? How would he be able to get through the skull?? Obviously it doesn't matter because it never happened. But for gently caress's sake. She totally believes this happened too, because he also apparently made her some weed-infused soap that cures her back pain. What the gently caress is the placebo effect anyways? And definitely diminished back pain is totally generalizable to curing brain cancer! :byodame:

I'm starting to worry that she is either trolling the schizophrenic ward for her friends, or that she is schizophrenic herself. WTF mother in law, stop unleashing your crazy on me!

MattO
Oct 10, 2003

Whenever I see someone touting the MJ cures cancer thing I tell em they better let Bob Marley know.

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy

MattO posted:

Whenever I see someone touting the MJ cures cancer thing I tell em they better let Bob Marley know.

Ahaha that is amazing. I am a giant stoner, so it's not like I'm a weed hater--but I am also doing my master's right now in health research and clinical epidemiology, so it's just ridiculous to me. I have to bite my tongue so hard whenever she goes on and on, so as not to cause family drama. I very tongue-in-cheekly told her she should have her buddy publish his results in JAMA if he is literally curing brain cancer, but it went over her head.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
I have a friend who is that kind of "weed doctor" and its kinda insufferable. Actually he's not really a friend anymore.

That said, while MJ isn't curing cancer any time soon, there absolutely are parents who are turning to it as a miracle cure to help their ailing children:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/07/health/charlotte-child-medical-marijuana/

Schedule-I has really hosed up scientific research on the benefits of MJ and other drugs, so medicine doesn't even fully know of all the things it could be used for. Same with MDMA which has been used at times in clinical psychology and several studies have shown massive benefits.

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy

Zaphod42 posted:

I have a friend who is that kind of "weed doctor" and its kinda insufferable. Actually he's not really a friend anymore.

That said, while MJ isn't curing cancer any time soon, there absolutely are parents who are turning to it as a miracle cure to help their ailing children:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/08/07/health/charlotte-child-medical-marijuana/

Schedule-I has really hosed up scientific research on the benefits of MJ and other drugs, so medicine doesn't even fully know of all the things it could be used for. Same with MDMA which has been used at times in clinical psychology and several studies have shown massive benefits.

For sure; if she had said "epilepsy/seizures" instead of brain cancer, and "given orally" instead of "injected into brain tumour", I would have totally been on board. Hell, I'm even considering getting a medical marijuana card for myself cause it helps with my anxiety and depression. But that bullshit story told to me exactly one second after the ghost-preist retardedness made me roll my eyes just a little.

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid
Thanks for the custom title. It's not even remotely close to what I said, but I'm glad an idiot spent 10 bucks on it.

Sadly the dad wasn't a whovian

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
Squirmish.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Zaphod42 posted:

Hasn't MDMA been prescribed in the past for dysphagia? I feel like I read an article a while back about the numerous health benefits of MDMA, but they're negated by regulating agencies because of that whole 'ecstacy' thing.

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

Aren't those facebook messages?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Non Serviam posted:

Aren't those facebook messages?

It says "iMessage" right there dude.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

What is HIPAA?

Guy Montag
Jun 24, 2005

Eponine posted:

What is HIPAA?

It technically wouldn't violate HIPAA because no name or identifying information is attached. Still, best not to tell tales out of school just to CYA.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

oldpainless posted:

What do you mean by "you people?"

What do you mean by "you people"?!

Non Serviam posted:

Thanks for the custom title. It's not even remotely close to what I said, but I'm glad an idiot spent 10 bucks on it.

Keep rolling with them punches slick :bravo:

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Carefully spending time considering differential diagnosis? Haha, stupid doctors.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you
I've known enough doctors to tell you that if there's a story where a doctor displays a sliver of humility to a non-doctor, it's STDH.txt

TheKennedys
Sep 23, 2006

By my hand, I will take you from this godforsaken internet

of all the poo poo that didn't happen, etc

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

So she leaves her rent money in the atm? Lol what a stupid bitch

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

RIP old-rear end Edith died a stupid bitch

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

oldpainless posted:

The woman is 92 years old and doesn't exist, cut her a little slack.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
If there is one thing little old ladies love doing, it's writing checks.

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Bertrand Hustle posted:

The woman is 92 years old and doesn't exist, cut her a little slack.

Now don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against people that don't exist. Hell, most of my friends don't exist! But if there's one thing I absolutely can't stand about the non-existent subculture is that virtually no-one starts dating without not first trading inane, non-existent witticisms over the heads of non-existent antagonists who afterwards invariably don't storm out of the room, literally not shaking. Because they don't exist. I loving hate the non-existent subculture and would wish that it went away forever, if it wasn't already. Thanks Obama.

jodai
Mar 2, 2010

Banging with all due hardness.

oldpainless posted:

Yeah but Bobby Puryear found $500 bucks and didn't buy an Xbox or something so he's basically a stupid bitch of at least equal proportions.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.
92 year old lady who leaves $500 in the till at a drive through ATM? Yeah right as if if she would have survived the drive over

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Is there anything in the US that's not a drive through?

System Metternich posted:

Now don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against people that don't exist. Hell, most of my friends don't exist! But if there's one thing I absolutely can't stand about the non-existent subculture is that virtually no-one starts dating without not first trading inane, non-existent witticisms over the heads of non-existent antagonists who afterwards invariably don't storm out of the room, literally not shaking. Because they don't exist. I loving hate the non-existent subculture and would wish that it went away forever, if it wasn't already. Thanks Obama.

Nice.

Shayu
Feb 9, 2014
Five dollars for five words.

Non Serviam posted:

Sadly the dad wasn't a whovian

A real man wears pad to show his solidarity with daughter & wife. Stick it in butt, on the dick and balls, catch the errant poo poo or pee molecule.

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce
Can't gate embedded images to work on mobile for some reason

Who texts this weird poo poo with their landlord?

Marius Pontmercy has a new favorite as of 17:48 on Nov 22, 2015

Nyarai
Jul 19, 2012

Jenn here.

Eponine posted:

Who texts this weird poo poo with their landlord?

Fixed it to be the direct link. Just needed to add a '.png' at the end. :)

Zamboni Rodeo
Jul 19, 2007

NEVER play "Lady of Spain" AGAIN!

Fathis Munk posted:

Is there anything in the US that's not a drive through?

Funeral homes.

Oh, wait...

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
I don't think there are drive through gun ranges. Yet.

Rick_Hunter
Jan 5, 2004

My guys are still fighting the hard fight!
(weapons, shields and drones are still online!)

Boris Galerkin posted:

I don't think there are drive through gun ranges. Yet.

Legal ones anyway.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
I sense a business opportunity, drive thru drive by ranges, BRB.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
Coming soon to a feed near you...

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
What happened next was mental!

Yes because writing it like it's click bait only lends more credence to your story.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I see why someone would want to invent a heartwarming story to be proud of being a Geordie.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Does anyone that is above the age of 5 actually stamp their feet when they're angry?

I also like the mental image of the women going around the train/tram/whatever the metro is making sure to hug everybody while everyone is giving themselves a round of applause.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nyandaber Z
Apr 8, 2009
Straight from my facebook feed, not really a STDH per se, but somehow fitting.

• Locked thread