Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is the man??
This poll is closed.
Goku 202 7.09%
Vegeta 279 9.79%
Krillin 208 7.30%
Piccolo or his nameks 212 7.44%
Gohan or Cool Gohan 135 4.74%
Yamcha 90 3.16%
Tien 120 4.21%
Muten Roshi 89 3.12%
Tao Pai Pai 71 2.49%
Frieza 69 2.42%
Cell or an android 86 3.02%
Buu 62 2.18%
Hercule "Mark" Satan 327 11.48%
Videl 90 3.16%
Bulma 104 3.65%
Yajirobe 99 3.47%
Ginyu or other Frieza squad guy 68 2.39%
King kai or another kai 53 1.86%
Chi-Chi 83 2.91%
Goten 43 1.51%
Trunks or Cool Trunks 112 3.93%
Bardock 48 1.68%
Other villain of DB,Z, or GT(please post about it!) 41 1.44%
Uub 42 1.47%
Oolong 90 3.16%
Zamasu 26 0.91%
Total: 1326 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
visceril
Feb 24, 2008
It's Tenshinhan he is 1% not human so he will be the universe 5 champion CONFIRMED

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HD DAD
Jan 13, 2010

Generic white guy.

Toilet Rascal
I want the team to be inexplicably 5 Tenshinhans.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
All 5 forms of Buu. Majin, Evil, Super, Kid, and Mister.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

HD DAD posted:

You have seen the multiform right?

Bloodly
Nov 3, 2008

Not as strong as you'd expect.

HD DAD posted:

Inexplicable? The man already has a multi-form tech. All he needs to do is pump his mastery and strength a bit so the split isn't so bad on it.

...I suddenly remember that both Krillin and Piccolo used that one once, then never again.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Could have been anime filler.

Also remember some anime filler of Piccolo training with himself.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
They did it against Nappa I thought

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Piccolo did it to train in the time chamber

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Baal posted:

I'm excited for the moment Buu turns into Super Buu as like a form and this becomes the way he's able to keep up now.

This is a baller idea, I totally hope it happens in the middle of Mr. Buu's fight

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Okay I actually went and started getting caught up on dragon ball super after giving up and jesus this is awful.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
It's actually fairly good. Flawed sure but good.

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole
Yeah, if this is awful then how the hell did you watch any of the original show

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Momomo posted:

Yeah, if this is awful then how the hell did you watch any of the original show

by being 10 years old

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

For all of Z's sins atleast the animators knew what a loving kamehameha looked like, and they probably wouldn't have made almost destroying the universe look so limpdicked.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Dragon Ball Super?

More like Dragon Ball Super Gay

Petiso
Apr 30, 2012

Just skip Beerus' fight, it's not worth it, you already know what happened in the movie.

Petiso fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Nov 21, 2015

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

the good stuff in super is before and after the Battle Of Gods adaption bit. Anything new is great

which makes me feel confident that once we get past Frieza we're going to see the series really come into its own and be good full time

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Kelp Plankton posted:

the good stuff in super is before and after the Battle Of Gods adaption bit. Anything new is great

which makes me feel confident that once we get past Frieza we're going to see the series really come into its own and be good full time

I really hope so, but it might just turn out that any time fighting starts things just fall apart

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Blockhouse posted:

I really hope so, but it might just turn out that any time fighting starts things just fall apart

at least that's historically accurate for the anime

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Ruggington posted:

at least they were genuinely stalling for time back then, now it's only incompetent directing

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

if they don't switch to the cheapest production house possible when a fight scene starts it's not dragon ball

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Quick, someone post the buttlord page!

Also, read buttlord gt!

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Ruggington posted:

like every 18 months or so i'll go and watch goku vs majin vegeta.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Goku vs Majin Vegeta owned in the anime and the Buu Saga is the best

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

speaking of DBM, universe 17 cell loving owns

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Babe Magnet posted:

speaking of DBM, universe 17 cell loving owns

For some reason I read this as "Cell loving 17 owns"

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

because it's also true

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Today's Super was alright. Jaco is still great but the best bit was definitely Krillin + 18's family time even if it was short and not elaborated on much from RoF's movie.

cmykJester
Feb 16, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
All the stuff in Super that wasn't covered in BotG and RoF have been super great. I have been scrubbing through the episodes because I can't standing watching the same things I watched already but animated worse.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
It appears the reason Tagoma was spared in this version is because they are going to have Ginyu body swap him.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Nov 22, 2015

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
They also need an extra body to pad out episodes with and make Piccolo look like an even greater dork

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

I'm gonna be mad if Piccolo doesn't get suped

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises

setafd posted:

I'm gonna be mad if Piccolo doesn't get suped

He'll fuse with Universe 6 Piccolo and become as strong as Kid Buu.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Man I was hoping that after not paying any attention for a few months DBSuper would be done with recapping the movies by now.
This is the slow burn to end all slow burns

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Augus posted:

Man I was hoping that after not paying any attention for a few months DBSuper would be done with recapping the movies by now.
This is the slow burn to end all slow burns

hmm you thought 8 episodes was enough to cover 2 movies and whatever expanded content to bridge the two?

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

a 90 minute movie would be like 6 episodes. So yes that's a reasonable expectation.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

Kild posted:

8 episodes

It feels like it should've been more than that by now. :negative:

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

20 episodes means that you'd have eight episodes free for whatever non movie bullshit you want.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

If you're actually okay with the status quo you have stockholm syndrome or something worse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Stairmaster posted:

If you're actually okay with the status quo you have stockholm syndrome or something worse.

You on the other hand seem to be saying "no, really, this time he'll be different I just know it."

• Locked thread