Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise
I am hyped because that's exactly the content I want: kill bad dudes and get credits for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Adult Sword Owner posted:

I am hyped because that's exactly the content I want: kill bad dudes and get credits for it

Hop into a RES with me some time. When I play this game it's usually to make a few quick millions by blasting pirates.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

I mean I can get 2-3 on a good RES but the opportunity to do more sounds awesome

Plus turning in missions all breaking up straight grinding

Plus playing at totally random times an hour at a time

TheresaJayne
Jul 1, 2011

frank.club posted:

Built a station around a black hole gently caress with me

Wouldnt that be the "impossible planet"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08-n3gLm49c

TheresaJayne fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Nov 20, 2015

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.
Okay, I bought a new Asp and set it up to make the trip to Sothis relatively painless and so far I'm not really sold on it compared to Arexe. There are missions to kill traders, they do pay well, but with only one Federation faction there aren't many missions to go around. Worse, since it's an Asp I don't really have the energy to sustain a thermic setup and so, stuck with kinetics, I only have one place to rearm in Ceos and weirdly that place doesn't like the idea of replacing the bullets I lodged in their associated freighters.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Sard posted:

but with only one Federation faction there aren't many missions to go around.

You're resetting the board, right?

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Limiting runs to no more than twice daily and doing my best to keep them both under one hour of travel/dropoffs is helping me not burn out, but I don't know if I can make the two billion mark:psyduck: before 1.5 kills this.

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.

You're resetting the board, right?

In theory. Like the last time I posted about board resetting, it seems like I'm either doing something wrong or just very unlucky. I'll get a few rotations in, and then I'll log out of open and into solo and have the same board in solo that I had in open, sometimes the same board in private as well. Like right now, I just got back into Newholm to turn in the few I got for the last round and the bounty board was the same from open to private, and going to solo only had one mission drop off to be replaced by a mining offer with the other missions being the same from the last two modes.

Gonna wrap up a few other jobs in the area and then head back to the occupied space for a few 1mil+ delivery missions I snagged, between the mission scarcity and the tedium of avoiding Federation Unite! ships in favor of Sirius Corporation freighters (because despite mission rewards, my standings with the owners of Newholm is slowly decreasing due to killing them in Ceos), I dunno if I'll head back out or hop back into the FGS and go back to Arexe.

Sard fucked around with this message at 09:28 on Nov 20, 2015

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

For resetting what you're trying to do is get into an instance you didn't start. You have "your" instance with your stuff, which rotates missions as time passes and that is what you see in solo. When you're the first person in a station instance that is still your instance and if someone else shows up in your instance they see the missions generated for your instance.

The goal for swapping to open is to get into an instance started by anyone who happens to be there. With private it's to get into an instance started by another person in that group, which is pretty common when doing high traffic activities like Robigo or Fehu because there are a lot of us. When you go to solo you're checking your missions.

If you're seeing the same missions in all three then you are not loading into anyones instance, just your own, which can happen a lot during off-hours.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Then I guess my game hates me, because even having it bound as a keyboard binding (instead of a controller one) prevents me from using it in either of those situations :shrug:

I made a lot of screenshots docked or in supercruise, so it definitely works. I have no idea what could be the problem on your end, though. When you hit the key you assigned to the camera, a window should pop up asking you if you're really sure you want the debug camera. You of course take the "yes" option and your view switches to the debug camera, which you can control like your ship -> joystick and thrusters move the camera around.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

newsletter #100 is out.

http://us2.campaign-archive2.com/?u=dcbf6b86b4b0c7d1c21b73b1e&id=5219b8c24c&e=033b8862cd

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
3 bobbleheads on the dash? So much clutter..

I wonder if ships shot down planetside will break up and fall to the surface. Gravity is obviously in effect so I'm going to be disappointed if they don't.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

Pogue Ma Hoon
Oct 17, 2013

I like a nice pair of slacks.

Bushiz posted:

shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

Seconded. That looks dope as gently caress.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
Only 4 days until the Horizons beta is released.
Only 4 days left.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

They push the voice packs in this letter but you can't get a preview of most of the packs and I am so mad because I want to hear the LEO pack

Youtube to the rescue, I guess they're all over here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JeShBtNmIAo

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Youtube to the rescue, I guess they're all over here

what the hell am I listening to. what is the context.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Now you can have quirky banter with your ship :britain:

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

SciFiDownBeat posted:

what the hell am I listening to. what is the context.

The context is different Voice attack packs talking to each other. The guy is also preparing a pack called Verity (the official ED voice performed by Verity Croft).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx8rwF0LHWU

(sweet cover song after the middle of the video btw)...

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

bah

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry

Sorry, everyone

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Dante80 posted:

The context is different Voice attack packs talking to each other. The guy is also preparing a pack called Verity (the official ED voice performed by Verity Croft).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx8rwF0LHWU

(sweet cover song after the middle of the video btw)...

THis is all a canned thing right, its not that reactive/perceptive right?

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

IrvingWashington posted:

Sorry, everyone

At first I was wondering why you were apologising but it's ok I forgive you, you're good people.

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry

Knifegrab posted:

THis is all a canned thing right, its not that reactive/perceptive right?

Everything is pre-recorded, as far as I'm aware, but there's a decent amount of depth to these things, including tutorials for the game and the voice packs, an encyclopedic knowledge of spacefacts, voice-controlled typing, quotes, and at least one of them lets you play "I spy" - but not quite traditionally. I don't know how soon it would be before you got bored with the more gimmicky stuff, but the guy who makes these seems to keep producing (free) updates. Norman Lovett and Tom Baker are pretty neat, but a Stephen Fry or Brian Blessed would be magnificent.

RabidWeasel posted:

At first I was wondering why you were apologising but it's ok I forgive you, you're good people.

:glomp:

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME
Is this from 1.5? Did they finally fix rendering on multiple black holes?

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

IrvingWashington posted:

Sorry, everyone

:golfclap:

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
I would pay 50 dollars in an instant to make my ship sound like brian blessed

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Bushiz posted:

Same, especially if he did the "Goes Nuts" bit when I get out of hairy situations.

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

Bushiz posted:

Good news!

http://hcsvoicepacks.com/products/v...-by-paul-watson

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry

Yeah! I was just going through their playlist when I found https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWSAqDX5Lhw

grilldos
Mar 27, 2004

BUST A LOAF
IN THIS
YEAST CONFECTION
Grimey Drawer

IrvingWashington posted:

Sorry, everyone

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

radintorov posted:

Only 4 days until the Horizons beta is released.
Only 4 days left.

Does that mean only 4 days left on the $15 discount to current Elite owners?

AndroidHub
Feb 28, 2007

I've seen some stuff that would really make you say "like what?"
No, they have said that will stick around for a while after the actual release, which is at an undisclosed date some time in December, even if they pull off another 5 week long beta period.

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."

Have fun carting gold back to your spaceship 2 worthless tons at a time for your "valuable salvage". Jesus Frontier, look at your game economy for once and realize that a few tons of gold does not make something a good reward, especially when you attach busywork to collecting it.

Arrath
Apr 14, 2011

:stare: I had no interest in voice commands until now. No fuckin way!

TomR
Apr 1, 2003
I both own and operate a pirate ship.

DatonKallandor posted:

Have fun carting gold back to your spaceship 2 worthless tons at a time for your "valuable salvage". Jesus Frontier, look at your game economy for once and realize that a few tons of gold does not make something a good reward, especially when you attach busywork to collecting it.

https://youtu.be/S6QdY6YDfj0?t=26s

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Arrath posted:

:stare: I had no interest in voice commands until now. No fuckin way!

I still have no real interest in voice packs, but voice commands are useful as gently caress, if only to automate stuff like docking requests and targeting power plants.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

DatonKallandor posted:

Shock

Mitchicon
Nov 3, 2006

What mumble / TS server are goons using? I've not seen goons on the CTS Elite Dangerous group lately.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Is CQC wonky for anyone else or was I shadowbanned for rubigo runs?

• Locked thread