Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bored Online
May 25, 2009

We don't need Rome telling us what to do.
i could transfer now but im trying to get as much done at community college as possible

:smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Dongslayer. posted:

i could transfer now but im trying to get as much done at community college as possible

:smith:

this is actually smart though unless you've got a free ride

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

qirex posted:

this is actually smart though unless you've got a free ride
yah, ap tests + cc for all your gen ed requirements, then transfer to a good state school and get out with a useful degree asap is the pro move (unless you have rich parents paying or a scholarship to a fancy school)

community colleges own and are way underappreciated

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

Yeah, I've got 100k in student loan debt but college grads make 250k more over the course of their lives

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

why would i buy pet insurance. that's what credit cards are for

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
Actually, pitbulls aren't more aggressive than other dogs, it's just people that bring them up to be like that. rocky would never hurt anyone

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

i got a speeding ticket on the way home from work
i should have just stayed home :(

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy

Syncopated posted:

Actually, pitbulls aren't more aggressive than other dogs, it's just people that bring them up to be like that. rocky would never hurt anyone

Psa pitbulls are extremely strong and do not feel pain so dont put your hands in their mouth

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Syncopated posted:

This

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Syncopated posted:

The Management posted:

I can't be late to work because I'll get in trouble again

Smythe posted:

I pay for stuff using the principal of my inheritance instead of just the interest.

THC posted:

it took 6 months but I finally saved enough for my 8th tattoo session! can't wait!

yee

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
i love going to high school football games to cheer on my alma mater

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Dislike button posted:

lol

pram
Jun 10, 2001

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
with interest rates this low itd be dumb not to get a second mortgage

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Dislike button posted:

wowsers

maxe
Sep 23, 2004

BLURRED SWEET STREETLIGHTS SPEEDING PAST, FAST
my old job used to block access to facebook but now i get 250mb of external quota per day :unsmigghh:

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

maxe posted:

my old job used to block access to facebook but now i get 250mb of external quota per day :unsmigghh:

A quota on Internet usage at work? :lol:

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

Dislike button posted:

lol

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010
Well done please

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp
Hey you know about cars, right? my kid's about to turn 17 and we wanted to get him a car, got any recommendations that'd be reliable and cheap to repair, but also be somewhat cool?

<reasonable, thought out suggestion made here for a well known, well-regarded, reliable and cool car>

eh, nah, I think we'll just get him a used Camry.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Iridium posted:

Hey you know about cars, right? my kid's about to turn 17 and we wanted to get him a car, got any recommendations that'd be reliable and cheap to repair, but also be somewhat cool?

<reasonable, thought out suggestion made here for a well known, well-regarded, reliable and cool car>

eh, nah, I think we'll just get him a used Camry.

"What laptop should I buy?"

"Get a Thinkpad T Series"

"Yeah, thanks but instead I bought this shitbox from wally world for $199, it's kinda slow and the plastic creaks when you open it but maybe you could take a look and speed it up?"

pram
Jun 10, 2001

maniacdevnull posted:

"What laptop should I buy?"

"Get a Thinkpad T Series"

fixed

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

lol

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i packed my lunch today.

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

As a Millennial I posted:

i packed my lunch today.

i eat out for lunch every day because im too lazy to cook and dont understand why i live paycheck to paycheck after spending $300/month on work lunches

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

Syncopated posted:

Well done please
the one with the bacon, uhh... fil-lay mig-nyon and i think it's the red wine that goes with meat so i'll have some of that too

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i wonder if i wouldn't be crippled by credit card debt if i'd started packing my lunches four years ago.

yellow borders
Jan 7, 2010

200 dollars for a keyboard?! That's insane!

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Sham bam bamina! posted:

the one with the bacon, uhh... fil-lay mig-nyon and i think it's the red wine that goes with meat so i'll have some of that too

the flaming young steak is too expensive so i'll have the flaming young chicken

yippee cahier
Mar 28, 2005

new phone! text me your number XXX-XXX-XXXX

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Iridium posted:

<reasonable, thought out suggestion made here for a well known, well-regarded, reliable and cool used car>

eh, nah, I think we'll just get him a new Chevy Spark. Used cars are a crapshoot.

ftfy

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp
i support the local university's football team!

i mean, i never went to college. in fact, i just have a GED. but i stick to the local team like it's my step-alma mater!

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

fknlo posted:

Finally got the Dell Inspiron that has been discussed multiple times over the past couple pages. It's my first laptop ever, so nothing to really compare it to, but it seems to be built fairly well. Screen seems pretty decent and bright as well. Haven't played any games, but I think it will be ok for what I bought it for. Just need to get myself a wireless mouse and secondary hard drive for it and I should be good to go.

pram
Jun 10, 2001

lol

pram
Jun 10, 2001
GOON APPROVED LAPTOP

Valeyard
Mar 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer

pram posted:

GOON APPROVED LAPTOP

dell in love

Asymmetric POSTer
Aug 17, 2005

i cant wait for our caribbean cruise vacation, weve been saving up all year for it

they say all you can eat buffets are included each night, what a value!

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
eugh! squid and octopus? that seems a little too exotic for me

ill have the macaroni and cheese, thank you

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
what is this weird music you are playing? dont you have any country or rap instead

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
can i get this with some miracle whip?

• Locked thread