Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

lotta misinformed overwatch opinions itt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
overwatch isnt immediately terrible, but i aint paying for it. i thought it was going to be f2p with a model like dota's where you buy cosmetic poo poo. dunno where i got that idea though

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Gus Hobbleton posted:

overwatch isnt immediately terrible, but i aint paying for it. i thought it was going to be f2p with a model like dota's where you buy cosmetic poo poo. dunno where i got that idea though

blizzards last 2 games are f2p so that would be a reasonable assumption

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot
plus its a multiplayer-only game, and lol @ a multiplayer-only game nowadays that isn't f2p

Gus Hobbleton
Dec 30, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Improbable Lobster posted:

i legit sat here for like 2 minutes thinking "hearthstone and.... they had another one? d3 costs money and so does sc2..." before opening up bnet and seeing hots. that game is way too forgettable

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Space-Pope posted:

plus its a multiplayer-only game, and lol @ a multiplayer-only game nowadays that isn't f2p
csgo isn't f2p and is very high up there. otoh in some countries smokes are more expensive than csgo nowadays

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Gus Hobbleton posted:

that game is way too forgettable
the only thing i remember hots for is that playing a support actually felt like doing so, a novelty thing for mobas

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Improbable Lobster posted:

dota model in particular was a very far fetched assumption though, as both hots and hearthstone have very greedy, in a limiting way, models

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

ive played a few games of hots

it is the most generic moba imaginable holy poo poo

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Notorious QIG posted:

ive played a few games of hots

it is the most generic moba imaginable holy poo poo
actually its fairly different from majority of mobas, just not always in a good way and the 'im different' in moba is not a game changer per se with how specific genre is

generic moba is sth more like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hI2ybVD91P8
(don't play it, it's incredibly bad compared to just moba games)
(like, literally the worst moba, objectively speaking)

Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

kalstrams posted:

csgo isn't f2p and is very high up there. otoh in some countries smokes are more expensive than csgo nowadays
yeah csgo is like $15 max, and is CS. that's a little different than a new IP being sold for $40+, blizzard or not

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

even csgo wouldnt be it without massive price drop, decade of legacy or not

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

kalstrams posted:

don't play moba games

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
80 hours in, i think it's time to start doing some quests

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
all my fallout mods stopped working for no reason so *shrug*

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

over watch sucks unlike firewatch which is gonna own hard

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
overbotch

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy
undercrotch

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Finally installed and played a bit of overwatch.

It's basically TF2 only more direct-combat oriented. There's not as much incentive to have people camping your base since there's no spy analog.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Blackula69 posted:

all my fallout mods stopped working for no reason so *shrug*

your include line in the .ini probably got overwritten with the default

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Dodoman posted:

undercrotch

underfail

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Fabricated posted:

Finally installed and played a bit of overwatch.

It's basically TF2 only more direct-combat oriented. There's not as much incentive to have people camping your base since there's no spy analog.

i kind of like it :ohdear:

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

it's a decent game but the blizzard "everyone is a winner" carebear poo poo around the core is out of control. there isn't even a kill feed or an actual scoreboard which is ridiculous.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I like that it kinda encourages everyone to be out mixing it up instead of camping. It is very carebearish- ultimate moves are basically ways for even the shittiest players to be useful for a second or two, and class roles are pretty pidgeonholed by skill/weapon design and base life.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

Sudo Echo posted:

it's a decent game but the blizzard "everyone is a winner" carebear poo poo around the core is out of control. there isn't even a kill feed or an actual scoreboard which is ridiculous.

yeah but at the end of the game it shows 4 random [high #] and people get to vote and it says epicc!!!

also the sick rear end 'best moment of the game' where a sniper kills 2 people because game devs still think snipers are good or fun

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
please remove all snipers

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

yeah but at the end of the game it shows 4 random [high #] and people get to vote and it says epicc!!!

also the sick rear end 'best moment of the game' where a sniper kills 2 people because game devs still think snipers are good or fun
like 99% of the people getting the play of the game at the end were the guys playing the robot dude who can chew up half a team with his chaingun

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

bastion actually stops to work once people learn to play even in the slightest

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Fabricated posted:

like 99% of the people getting the play of the game at the end were the guys playing the robot dude who can chew up half a team with his chaingun

you should use spy and backstab him

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

protip backstab the medic first

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

some guy ragequit because i picked the wrong character in a game that's been playable for a day

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

some guy ragequit because i picked the wrong character in a game that's been playable for a day
kids.exe

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

is there a recent game to play that's not a colossal fail or a rage inducer or a worse than usual timesink

Panty Saluter
Jan 17, 2004

Making learning fun!

kalstrams posted:

manchildren.exe

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

kalstrams posted:

bastion actually stops to work once people learn to play even in the slightest
I'm kind of enjoying being a healer when people aren't complete retards but uh that's been like 2/10 matches so far. The damage boost from mercy lets some heroes completely loving wreck everything which is cool. I just now got a commendation over the guy I boosted into wiping the whole enemy team which is kinda hilarious

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

lol @ almost getting murdered by a legendary bloatfly... that 'mutate and heal' thing is a bit of a tough one to encounter.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

triple sulk posted:

is there a recent game to play that's not a colossal fail or a rage inducer or a worse than usual timesink

http://store.steampowered.com/app/410110/

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

after i met whitechapel charlie, it took me an embarrassingly long time to realize that codsworth & curie are also bowler hat compatible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

NoneMoreNegative posted:

lol @ almost getting murdered by a legendary bloatfly... that 'mutate and heal' thing is a bit of a tough one to encounter.

dogmeat will bite the poo poo out of it then you can walk up and finish it off with the double barrel

am I like the only one who isn't having problems with dogmeat?

• Locked thread