Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eaterofpoptarts
Oct 7, 2013
Hey guys, I don't know if this is where I should be posting this. If it isn't, where should I post it? Also I apologize.

I've been having an issue where my game will hang up temporarily, then come back but without any sound. As you can see in the video I made, the sound comes back if I change my speaker output. Could this be a soundcard issue, Video Card issue, or something else completely?

Things I've tried:

Updating video drivers
Full uninstall/reinstall
Updating my windows
Updating my soundcard (It's onboard, the only one I have.)

If any of you guys have any suggestions as to how I could fix this issue, a thousand PP touches will come your way VIA the internet. Trust me, I'm a wizard.

The video:
Contains normal gameplay, the freezing issue, and the fix. As you can hear in the background my music continues to play and I can hear my friend talking without any issues.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3atb29bmX8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Sadly I do not have any suggestions as sound in source has always been unbelievably lovely and crashy.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
thanks for the tips guys, I know about the nade thing but I've never really been sure as to what is proper nade usage so I just sorta toss them and hope they land where I want them to for the most part. Deffo need to work on that and my ak spray

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Eaterofpoptarts posted:

Hey guys, I don't know if this is where I should be posting this. If it isn't, where should I post it? Also I apologize.

I've been having an issue where my game will hang up temporarily, then come back but without any sound. As you can see in the video I made, the sound comes back if I change my speaker output. Could this be a soundcard issue, Video Card issue, or something else completely?

Things I've tried:

Updating video drivers
Full uninstall/reinstall
Updating my windows

If any of you guys have any suggestions as to how I could fix this issue, a thousand PP touches will come your way VIA the internet. Trust me, I'm a wizard.

The video:
Contains normal gameplay, the freezing issue, and the fix. As you can hear in the background my music continues to play and I can hear my friend talking without any issues.

Do you have issues in any other games? Could be a power issue, could be a heat issue, could be a bunch of stuff, I highly recommend posting in the Haus of Tech Support sub-forums under serious hardware/software crap, I post in there somewhat often to help ppl and there's a bunch of other dudes that are happy to help, just check the stickied post for the template.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Eaterofpoptarts posted:

Things I've tried:

Updating video drivers
Full uninstall/reinstall
Updating my windows

The video:

Does the console say anything after this happens? There might be a clue. Some other things you might try are deleting GeForce Experience if you use it and running Steam as Administrator.

Try also writing the command snd_updateaudiocache in console.

Stumbletron
Jan 3, 2006
Anti-Stumble unit is fail!

:eyepop:

Eaterofpoptarts
Oct 7, 2013

MF_James posted:

Do you have issues in any other games? Could be a power issue, could be a heat issue, could be a bunch of stuff, I highly recommend posting in the Haus of Tech Support sub-forums under serious hardware/software crap, I post in there somewhat often to help ppl and there's a bunch of other dudes that are happy to help, just check the stickied post for the template.
Nope, only happens with Valve games. MAde a post over there, thanks for the help!

Jeza posted:

Does the console say anything after this happens? There might be a clue. Some other things you might try are deleting GeForce Experience if you use it and running Steam as Administrator.

Try also writing the command snd_updateaudiocache in console.

I didn't even think about opening console after the error happens. I'm getting the error "Couldn't get sound buffer status". I'm going to google it now and see what I can see. Thanks for the tip!

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

Eaterofpoptarts posted:

I didn't even think about opening console after the error happens. I'm getting the error "Couldn't get sound buffer status". I'm going to google it now and see what I can see. Thanks for the tip!

You're welcome. In my opinion the issue is very likely driver related, although unfortunately it looks like you've gone down that route quite extensively to no avail. You don't happen to be using a USB headset do you? As they are soundcards in themselves, there could be driver incompatibility there you are not considering.

Obviously prevention is better than cure, but the console command "snd_restart 1" will have the same effect as changing from Headphones to Speakers and back again. If you bind that to a key, you'll only need to worry about the little freezes. (Hoping this command isn't banned, it used to be used for an exploit.)

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.

quote:

Major League Gaming (MLG) today announced the MLG Counter-Strike:Global Offensive Major Championship: Columbus to be held at the MLG Arena and Nationwide Arena from March 29 – April 3, 2016 with a $250,000 prize pool.

http://www.majorleaguegaming.com/news/major-league-gaming-to-host-counter-strikeglobal-offensive-major-championship-at-nationwide-arena

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

I was offered to be on the event team and I see why, i'm guessing there is going to be an overnight move of equipment from MLG Arena to Nationwide. i'm already sleepy thinking about it.

lonter
Oct 12, 2012

Luna Was Here posted:

thanks for the tips guys, I know about the nade thing but I've never really been sure as to what is proper nade usage so I just sorta toss them and hope they land where I want them to for the most part. Deffo need to work on that and my ak spray

Buy sg558 instead!

Pookum
Mar 5, 2011

gaming is life
Probably the best feeling in this game is spraying down 4 dudes with a single m4a1s clip

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Pookum posted:

Probably the best feeling in this game is spraying down 4 dudes with a single m4a1s clip
I sprayed down 3 people in Inferno Apartments during a goonman last night and it was an amazing feeling. :pcgaming:

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Jeza posted:

You're welcome. In my opinion the issue is very likely driver related, although unfortunately it looks like you've gone down that route quite extensively to no avail. You don't happen to be using a USB headset do you? As they are soundcards in themselves, there could be driver incompatibility there you are not considering.

Obviously prevention is better than cure, but the console command "snd_restart 1" will have the same effect as changing from Headphones to Speakers and back again. If you bind that to a key, you'll only need to worry about the little freezes. (Hoping this command isn't banned, it used to be used for an exploit.)

Anecdotal, but I've had numerous people in MM games complaining that their sound dies randomly, and supposedly is the reason they aren't hearing footsteps.

Or, they are just bad and can't hear the hoofbeats clapping against the ground :v:

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Famethrowa posted:

Anecdotal, but I've had numerous people in MM games complaining that their sound dies randomly, and supposedly is the reason they aren't hearing footsteps.

Or, they are just bad and can't hear the hoofbeats clapping against the ground :v:

Or they are just retards, IMHO

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywood/2015/10/14/mtg-purchases-esea-esports-league-looking-to-acquire-dreamhack/

Apparently MTG acquires a controlling stake in ESEA and hence the CSGO world.

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
Welcome to one month ago.

qhat
Jul 6, 2015

Oh apparently that article is October okay gently caress you reddit

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I checked to see how much Drug War Veteran was up to.

lol

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

I checked to see how much Drug War Veteran was up to.

lol

if you're not selling it on 4/20 you're not making a profit :2bong:

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
Stickers crashed the moment Offers came back and people discovered that (big surprise) devs were too lazy to approve and push a new set of stickers in the meantime.

osker
Dec 18, 2002

Wedge Regret
I turned off invert mouse just to see if it would brake my mind, and it did.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
mfw both of the ak's in my last mm game bottom frag and go negative

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Luna Was Here posted:

you deserve this

Geschwafel
May 10, 2006

Frank sent me.
Hey what's the deal, fast planter united? How am I supposed to bet against you if you're not playing

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

VLC Player has encountered a problem with Windows

I spent at least half of my vacation walking around the island like "man this beach would be a cool CS:GO map"

I'll be home tomorrow :3:

qhat posted:

To be fair getting that many griefers in a short duration is pretty unlucky. 30 mins is a small price to pay for getting rid of those amateurs who don't even queue up with a buddy.

Volvo is protecting your sanity by forcing you to go for a walk

New Zealand can eat me fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Nov 21, 2015

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Luna Was Here posted:

The ranks don't seem to mean all that much and unless you're playing in a regular stack of people you're performance is probably going to vary wildly especially if you are relying on your team to make good choices.

For example these days t-side soloqueue I find the thing most likely to get rounds on the board is to always attempt to entry frag because the odds of getting 4 guys waiting for someone to do something is not that low. If I don't get the kill they should win the exchange, if they're all walking around waiting for the cts to peek it won't happen and there's every chance my score will bomb. So I start saying he's low when that happens. If they still do nothing well it hasn't happened in a while but the t-side is going to be rough. Anyway in games where that kind of poo poo happens its not that uncommon to see some guy with an awp getting more kills on the board than me but the round is already hosed when he does that so what's the point. Nice things have happened the last while though and people have in general been willing to take fights and call useful info. I've had good times.

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Who else betting it all on c9, luminosity and liquid

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
I'm at IEM. Some really bad BO in the crowd. Also the matches are taking too long to start. Esports baby

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

canoshiz posted:

I'm at IEM. Some really bad BO in the crowd. Also the matches are taking too long to start. Esports baby

at least you can hear the crowd cheering for the other games.

Rite Of Massage
Aug 16, 2005

Geschwafel posted:

Hey what's the deal, fast planter united? How am I supposed to bet against you if you're not playing

the leader and scheduler is busy and refuses to schedule matches or scrims because he struggles with substance addiction and hamstring immobility

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Geschwafel posted:

that team has been dead for literal decades why are u posting about it now

Demostrs
Mar 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Smithereens posted:

the leader and scheduler is busy and refuses to schedule matches or scrims because he struggles with substance addiction and hamstring immobility

poo poo right i forgot Xd

stump collector
May 28, 2007
CLG going hard

fennesz
Dec 29, 2008

CLGs nade usage on B site :vince:

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

canoshiz posted:

Are you the guy shouting MAIKELELELELE at the top of your lungs every given play?

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!

Icept posted:

Are you the guy shouting MAIKELELELELE at the top of your lungs every given play?

No I'm the guy getting hype for Cutler every round

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Three people on B site. No idea where last CT is. I hold banana and trust the other three can hold the site.

https://youtu.be/PXfed9vqopQ

It was a bad call on my part.

Push El Burrito fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Nov 21, 2015

stump collector
May 28, 2007

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

Three people on B site. No idea where last CT is. I hold banana and trust the other three can hold the site.

https://youtu.be/PXfed9vqopQ

It was a bad call on my part.

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
ALWAYS CHECK DARK AND CLEAR THE ENTIRE SITE!

• Locked thread