Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Mordaedil posted:

O-obama-chan?!

The Choom Gang was actually just another name for the Puella Magi Holy Quintet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

They pronounce Mami as "mammy" in this video, not sure if I can support that.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

Not gonna lie, I was more amused than I had any right to be.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Classic. Glad people reuploaded it after Ken Ashcorp/Forever Pandering went silly and deleted everything.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

I can never forget

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord
Sayaka is really cool :3:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting
Well this is a surprise.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2015-11-26/madoka-magica-concept-movie-hints-at-new-work/.95830

quote:

Animation studio SHAFT will unveil a short concept movie for a new story related to Puella Magi Madoka Magica for its "~Commemorating 40 Years of Shaft~ Madogatari" event in Tokyo on Friday. The movie hints at a new project for the franchise, but nothing has been officially announced.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

So I don't know too much about the anime industry, is this like a pitch for a fourth Madoka movie or what? And are these kinda things released publicly?

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Awesome, looking forward to seeing it some time, and if it does turn out to be for a new movie/season even better :)

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Knorth posted:

Awesome, looking forward to seeing it some time, and if it does turn out to be for a new movie/season even better :)

Getting hyped.
I will flip the gently caress out if it's an actual sequel

As cool as our favorite mermaid-knight-opera monster is, it's just not the same when it's not a paper cutout :v:

jiffypop45
Dec 30, 2011

Knorth posted:

Wish it was in 16:9 for a wallpaper

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

jiffypop45 posted:

Wish it was in 21:9 for a wallpaper

Fixed that for you. Sayaka deserves to be on the wave of the future

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Jagchosis posted:

So I don't know too much about the anime industry, is this like a pitch for a fourth Madoka movie or what? And are these kinda things released publicly?

This is a loving cocktease is what it is

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Bakanogami posted:

This is a loving cocktease is what it is

I'm gonna keep an eye out for the "concept movie" getting uploaded somewhere or any announcements or w/e. Presumably it's already been shown in Japan by now.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
It's already been kinda teased on the Japanese Madoka twitter for over a year now, but SHAFT has been posting pictures of the two franchises over each other, but I thought it was more of a "these are our franchises crossing as a joke" kind of thing.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Mordaedil posted:

It's already been kinda teased on the Japanese Madoka twitter for over a year now, but SHAFT has been posting pictures of the two franchises over each other, but I thought it was more of a "these are our franchises crossing as a joke" kind of thing.

Well the Madogatari event itself is an exhibit commemorating Shaft's 40th anniversary, but the short film itself is a new announcement made just before the official opening of the event. They've also definitely been pushing to keep the franchise visible lately, like with cross franchising (e.g. Madoka costumes available in Monster Hunter mobile recently) and an English dub of Rebellion that was released this Summer. Who knows what they're up to though with this.

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Jagchosis posted:

Well the Madogatari event itself is an exhibit commemorating Shaft's 40th anniversary, but the short film itself is a new announcement made just before the official opening of the event. They've also definitely been pushing to keep the franchise visible lately, like with cross franchising (e.g. Madoka costumes available in Monster Hunter mobile recently) and an English dub of Rebellion that was released this Summer. Who knows what they're up to though with this.

I believe one bit of information that was confirmed was that the VAs came in to record some new lines. My guess is that they're making some goofy short with the characters of the two franchises and that will be the end of it.

But maybe if we're lucky they'll notice that people are actually excited about the prospect of more Madoka, and it'll move the corporate pursestrings.

Also, have some official art:

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Bakanogami posted:

I believe one bit of information that was confirmed was that the VAs came in to record some new lines. My guess is that they're making some goofy short with the characters of the two franchises and that will be the end of it.

But maybe if we're lucky they'll notice that people are actually excited about the prospect of more Madoka, and it'll move the corporate pursestrings.

Also, have some official art:

Well I hope you're wrong about it, but they did seem to bring in way more than necessary of the original staff if its just a dumb monogatari thing. Also I'm p sure SHAFT is well aware that there's interest in more Madoka since for the past two years they've falsely announced a new movie as an April Fools prank

Lestaki
Nov 6, 2009

Jagchosis posted:

Well I hope you're wrong about it, but they did seem to bring in way more than necessary of the original staff if its just a dumb monogatari thing. Also I'm p sure SHAFT is well aware that there's interest in more Madoka since for the past two years they've falsely announced a new movie as an April Fools prank

Yeah the business case for it is a no-brainer, once the *gatari money-printer finally dies anyway. The bigger question imo is what the hell they'd do in creative terms and if it never happens then that's probably why.

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Jagchosis posted:

As someone who likes both franchises (one much more than the other, mind you), I gotta say:
The prospect of a Madoka - Monogatari crossover is as mind-boggling as it is terrifying

Just... no

No

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Torquemadras posted:

As someone who likes both franchises (one much more than the other, mind you), I gotta say:
The prospect of a Madoka - Monogatari crossover is as mind-boggling as it is terrifying

Just... no

No

Actually already happened in a p. creepy scene in one of the later seasons of Monogatari

Torquemadras
Jun 3, 2013

Jagchosis posted:

Actually already happened in a p. creepy scene in one of the later seasons of Monogatari

...yup, that's classic Monogatari right there.

I guess in the end you can only say that, no matter how high the creep factor, Shinobi will give it his all dammit
Let's just hope they don't cross the streams and let Monogatari's writer anywhere near Madoka...

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

I hope there is a crossover

Knorth
Aug 19, 2014

Buglord

Torquemadras posted:

Let's just hope they don't cross the streams and let Monogatari's writer anywhere near Madoka...

This is an amazingly bad opinion

I'd be curious about a crossover but I have no idea how that would work so /shrug.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Any news on what was shown today?

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

site posted:

Negative, at least from what I've seen. I was watching English and Japanese twitter for info so my guess is they misinterpreted when the thing was actually gonna be shown because the event goes for a couple weeks after opening today. Best I was able to find was a super engrishy post about going to the exhibit which said the new concept movie "in a small file" may yet "create a new hope." Or some similarly awkwardly phrased thing I haven't been able to find the article again

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

site posted:

There are some scattered summaries on the concept movie. They're kind of messy and had some disagreeable details, but this one was general enough to corroborate with everything else.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

Space Flower posted:

There are some scattered summaries on the concept movie. They're kind of messy and had some disagreeable details, but this one was general enough to corroborate with everything else.

Aghhh just announce a new movie u fuckers

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
lord justice please come back, your posts usually have nice gifs in them and I dont mind seeing animes get discussed like they're literally faust cause its kinda fun

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013

klapman posted:

lord justice please come back, your posts usually have nice gifs in them and I dont mind seeing animes get discussed like they're literally faust cause its kinda fun

Send him a PM to this effect my message of support was not enough. I want to discuss the Madoka

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

Jagchosis posted:

drat

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting
Some more info about the concept movie, seems to contradict what was posted earlier and goes into much more detail: https://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=5717256&postcount=3635

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

esselfortium posted:

Some more info about the concept movie, seems to contradict what was posted earlier and goes into much more detail: https://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.php?p=5717256&postcount=3635

Wait, which one's "new"?

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

PerrineClostermann posted:

Wait, which one's "new"?

I dunno about 'new', per se. There's conflicting details 'cause people only saw it once.

Interestingly, some artists have started drawing Madoka's new magical girl costume, the 'one with exposed flesh' that some of the summaries mention.

Hommando
Mar 2, 2012

Space Flower posted:

Interestingly, some artists have started drawing Madoka's new magical girl costume, the 'one with exposed flesh' that some of the summaries mention.

Those exposed shoulders are scandalous.

PerrineClostermann
Dec 15, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Hommando posted:

Those exposed shoulders are scandalous.

Cute and sexy, truly Japan is a nation of fine taste

But seriously, it's pretty cute.

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
Gah I want to watch the new "concept movie." Been hoping someone at least filmed it with their phone but all I get for recent youtube uploads are largely AMVs (search term "madoka") and pachinko machines (search term "まどか")

I'm assuming they're gonna release it online once the entire Madogatari tour is done or something?

Homura and Sickle
Apr 21, 2013
Some pictures from Madogatari:

Screenshot of the new Madoka short film:

I want to see it dammit

Visually way too busy hallway:

Pictures that don't fit in frames:

The line:

No idea wtf this is but I guess Nagisa talking to Kanbaru or something?

Keyframe gallery:

Art and poo poo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

Kanbaru's mental state:

• Locked thread