Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Retarded Pimp posted:

Can old people post itt? Because I'm gonna lift now and old enough to be your dad.

I'm old enough to be my own dad and I still post here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

I use the elliptical because I'm an old gently caress with a lovely knee and it did more for my hammies than deads or squats, just have to play a long time.

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Retarded Pimp posted:

Can I have your knees, mine's hosed.

Running fixed my knees, learn to run, it's a loving hard thing that takes practice just like lifting, you can't just run 2 miles and be like "gently caress yeah I'm a runner!".

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

Running fixed my knees, learn to run, it's a loving hard thing that takes practice just like lifting, you can't just run 2 miles and be like "gently caress yeah I'm a runner!".

Don't think that's gonna work, it hasn't been worth poo poo since they ran 2 rods through it. Some days its hard to get through a work day. Getting old sucks, don't do it.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Tiny Lowtax posted:

Are you a teenage girl or a 350 pound 60 year old

im bulking

also a dill pickle is the tastiest post workout thing to eat

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:

1st_Panzer_Div. posted:

Don't listen to this guy, if you have bad knees running ain't gonna help. Do elliptical or swimming or roller skating or anything that's not running.

SpeedyCow
Oct 8, 2001

I luv the itty bitty Phillies!
If your knees hurt you probably have an imbalance. Do half squats and leg press until your quads grow so much they push your hamstrings out of the way and balance your legs

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Simply replace your frail biologic limbs with superior mechanical ones with an amazingly sexy muscular design

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
Don't even bother replacing them with inferior metal and plastic, just keep lopping off body parts that bother you. It's free weight loss.

Brain in a jar goal body crew

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Hey, what's the load rating on titanium leg rods?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy

SpeedyCow posted:

If your knees hurt you probably have an imbalance. Do half squats and leg press until your quads grow so much they push your hamstrings out of the way and balance your legs

His knees hurt because he's an old man with worn cartilage, you can't fix that with squats.

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

notZaar posted:

you can't fix that with squats.

What thread is this

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
im squatting over this thread right now

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I like squats

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Retarded Pimp posted:

Don't think that's gonna work, it hasn't been worth poo poo since they ran 2 rods through it. Some days its hard to get through a work day. Getting old sucks, don't do it.

Ah, rods are bad yeah. Running is bad for gains though, that is 100% my issue with getting swole right now.

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Constipation is a terrible thing. :(

PsySabreW
Jan 7, 2005

Bicep curls the asgardian way

Looks like a homeless meth addict broke into the gym and started posing. Good news is at least we know where Vyst's old shirts went to now.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Meth, the new ephedra

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Retarded Pimp posted:

Meth, the new ephedra

its legit easier to get meth than ephedra

Paper Diamonds
Sep 2, 2011
WELP
just tore the crotch in my gym shorts while deadlifting

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Boyanka Kostova 418lb Front Squat @ 127lbs bodyweight.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90h1HWK5_SA

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you
Does calorie cycling/body recomp work? If you're trying to gain size with minimal fat gain, does eating +20% TDEE on weight lifting days and -20% on rest/cardio days achieve that, or is it just *~**broscience**~*?

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

Pesmerga posted:

Does calorie cycling/body recomp work? If you're trying to gain size with minimal fat gain, does eating +20% TDEE on weight lifting days and -20% on rest/cardio days achieve that, or is it just *~**broscience**~*?

Just eat everything and inject roids if you want to get hyooj bro

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Pesmerga posted:

There are 2 keys to gaining weight. 1 eat all your macros and a fuckload of food.
2 don't do distance running.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Advil and caffeine for me today, thanks

Dum Cumpster
Sep 12, 2003

*pozes your neghole*

FogHelmut posted:

Advil and caffeine for me today, thanks

Advil actually fucks with muscle growth I think. Go with aspirin like a classic drunk

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
post gym dumps, best dumps.

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.

Pesmerga posted:

I did this for a long time and looked loving BEYOND SWEET so yes. It can be done.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Dum Cumpster posted:

Advil actually fucks with muscle growth I think. Go with aspirin like a classic drunk

This kid I ran track with in highschool used to take these combo pills. Maybe it was tylenol/caffeine? Or maybe it was aspirin.

Anyway it was shoulder day so it didn't really effect my dumbass tendon anyhow. Gonna see if I can hurt it tomorrow while pulling on something.

sixth and maimed
Mar 20, 2012

Fun Shoe
Deadlift day, best day.

Retarted Pimple
Jun 2, 2002

Deadlifts are like Lebowski's rug, they tie all the other lifts together

Pesmerga
Aug 1, 2005

So nice to eat you

Defiant Sally posted:

I did this for a long time and looked loving BEYOND SWEET so yes. It can be done.

Awesome, I'm going to follow the Way of the Sally. :getin:

Kung Fu Candy
Oct 28, 2010
Does anyone eat gummi bears/candy after a workout to restore glycogen? is it actually worth doing?

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
Isn't the idea to take a 3:1 ratio of carbs:protein right after a workout? I suppose any simple carb will do, so long as it fits into your diet.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
beer and a carne asada burrito

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

Pitcher of beer and a whole chicken is what Arnold ate, according to legend.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
I had some bad squats today.

Didn't even get up to my max weight.

UnfurledSails
Sep 1, 2011

Eating healthy feels so good... But eating pizza also feels good?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Defiant Sally
May 6, 2004

Focus your Orochi.
Pizza's really not that bad for you. I made great gains eating pizza everyday.

Pizza.... everyday....

• Locked thread